Is Game Cube the most under-rated console EVER???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
Yes, it is.

General Kaliero
I agree. The 'Cube doesn't have as many big games as the other systems, but when the good ones come out, they really shine. My Cube game collection has all the best of the best for the Cube, and they're still good enough to go back and play again and again, every one of them.

mr.smiley
it is unde ,but i still don' think it's better than x box or ps2

Mainstream
me too..but it's a decent enough gaming console

gls
most under rated would probably be dreamcast.

over rated would be playstation.

Mainstream
playstation...is..more..powerful..than...you could ...possible ...imagine.dader

Primitive Screwhead
Dreamcast is a bit more underrated than GC. First of the next gen consoles to really provide online support, excellent first and third party titles (though limited in total number, just like GC), VMU interactivity... yeah, I would give the nod to Dreamcast since it experienced a premature death. Still, it has gotten bashed to no end, and as I've mentioned in past posts, there are a hell of lot worse consoled that have come and gone.

Shaggy2dope
game cube is just plain gay really

shadow12
gamecube is extremly under rated not as bad as dreamcast but still

Mainstream
I agree with you shadow12....no machine is more underrated than Dreamcast....but Dreamcast makes the Game Cube look like a PS2

Shaggy2dope
hey PS2 is awesome same wit xbox but gamecube just plain sucks

JToTheP
EVER? No, I wouldn't say ever. Currently? Yes.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Shaggy2dope
hey PS2 is awesome same wit xbox but gamecube just plain sucks

ICP sux just like xbox (the current one, imo).

shadow12
Originally posted by Mainstream
I agree with you shadow12....no machine is more underrated than Dreamcast....but Dreamcast makes the Game Cube look like a PS2
thank you

Smasandian
game cube is just plain gay really

How can a console be gay?

Does it have sex with another console instead of an TV?

I can see the GC getting lovestruck from looking into the Dreamcast's VMU Memory Cards and think it has a electrion personal connection due to the wierd peripherals.

Or maybe it had affair with the PS2 and using that affair to have GTA babies.

shadow12
laughing

Shaggy2dope
Originally posted by Smasandian
How can a console be gay?

Does it have sex with another console instead of an TV?

I can see the GC getting lovestruck from looking into the Dreamcast's VMU Memory Cards and think it has a electrion personal connection due to the wierd peripherals.

Or maybe it had affair with the PS2 and using that affair to have GTA babies.

apparently your stupidity doesn't get my point game cube is just a plain joke who ever made it is a loser that lives in his mom's basement

Shaggy2dope
Originally posted by JToTheP
ICP sux just like xbox (the current one, imo).

and you icp does not suck and same with xbox, we could have a poll infact why don't we who thinks xbox is better than game cube

shadow12
apparently your stupidity doesn't get my point game cube is just a plain joke who ever made it is a loser that lives in his mom's basement
you do know he was being sarcastic

Shaggy2dope
his sarcasism sounded like stupidity to me

shadow12
just letting you know thats all

Morgoths_Wrath
his sarcasism sounded like stupidity to me

settle down, Shaggy
*sprays down the juggalo with gaygo...ahem...faygo soda*

shadow12
laughing

Shaggy2dope
shut the hell up mor gay path i mean mor gimp err i mean morgoths wrath

shadow12
no expression

shadow12
wow that was creative roll eyes (sarcastic)

Morgoths_Wrath

shouldn't you be at a children's brithday party?

Shaggy2dope
yeah i know wasn't it ahahahahaha shut up

Shaggy2dope
morgoth your the child thats hosting the birthday party

Shaggy2dope
maybe you should learn how to spell lol brithday lol laughing

pr1983
isnt there a topic?

Shaggy2dope
yeah there is but he just wanted to **** with someone didn't you morgrath

shadow12
maybe you should learn how to spell lol brithday lol laughing
oh wow thats the best comeback from you yet

Morgoths_Wrath

Shaggy2dope
hahahaha shadow12 i suspected more from you instead of making it a 2 on 1 arguement maybe you should have stayed the hell out and go played one of your mega man games or whatever the hell it is

shadow12

Shaggy2dope
nice morgoth think that up yourself i really couldn't give a rats asse what you think facts are facts game cube plain sucks just like morgoth does his daddy

Shaggy2dope
Originally posted by shadow12
wow that made alot sense dude blink

i sure thought it did roll eyes (sarcastic)

shadow12
i just call it as it is i mean my younger brother comes up with better comebacks than that and he's 5

Shaggy2dope
what comeback?

Morgoths_Wrath
nice morgoth think that up yourself i really couldn't give a rats asse what you think facts are facts game cube plain sucks just like morgoth does his daddy

you, my friend, are a clown. your opinion is not credible and certainly not welcome here. come back when you have something to contribute.

Shaggy2dope
dude your the ****ing one that started all this shit and still continued to do it do i need to refresh your memory

shadow12
hahahaha shadow12 i suspected more from you instead of making it a 2 on 1 arguement maybe you should have stayed the hell out and go played one of your mega man games or whatever the hell it is
yeah there is but he just wanted to **** with someone didn't you morgrath
morgoth your the child thats hosting the birthday party

Shaggy2dope
oh still the one to team up like i said i had expected more from you

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
come back when you have something to contribute.

Shaggy2dope
censored

Shaggy2dope
death

Shaggy2dope
tomcat tank usaflag war

shadow12
ok now your just spamming

pr1983
first of all... there are no facts, other than games like resident evil four and metroid are critically acclaimed...

i have a ps2, i prefer it to anything else...

ive played both xbox and gc and i'd pick the gc any day of the week...

Shaggy2dope
spam hitler

Shaggy2dope
pizza coke

shadow12
spam_laser

Shaggy2dope
starwars

Shaggy2dope
fish

Thael
Originally posted by gls
most under rated would probably be dreamcast.

over rated would be playstation.

yes

Primitive Screwhead

WTF, Shaggy? At no point in this entire thread have you even come close to giving an intelligible, let alone rational, reason for why the Gamecube is, um, "gay". Why, because it has several child-oriented games mixed in its library? Seems that would fit your demographic, given your writing ability. Or is it because the ergonomic styling of the GC controller is just too advanced for your feeble mind to grasp? Your lack of explanation leads me to believe that either of these is a possibility.

Try putting a little more thought into your postings instead of banging on the keyboard like a little monkey who lost his banana.

ScarFace Clone
Have fun trying to watch a dvd or play a cd with you GayCube

Primitive Screwhead
Originally posted by ScarFace Clone
Have fun trying to watch a dvd or play a cd with you GayCube

If I want to watch a DVD, I'll use my Samsung HD931, thank you. DVI capability is so much better on HD type televisions, that I don't need to look for a movie playing feature on a console.

I will give you credit on the CD soundtrack option, though. And for at least attaching SOME sort of reason for why you consider GC to be gay. Bad reason IMO, but a reason nonetheless.

ScarFace Clone
well i will just watch a dvd on my playstation 2 or xbox witch both have way better graphics the GC and also Nintendo needs to stop milking mario! the only thing i give cridet for the game cube is The new zelda game and MGS twin snakes

shadow12
Originally posted by Primitive Screwhead
WTF, Shaggy? At no point in this entire thread have you even come close to giving an intelligible, let alone rational, reason for why the Gamecube is, um, "gay". Why, because it has several child-oriented games mixed in its library? Seems that would fit your demographic, given your writing ability. Or is it because the ergonomic styling of the GC controller is just too advanced for your feeble mind to grasp? Your lack of explanation leads me to believe that either of these is a possibility.

Try putting a little more thought into your postings instead of banging on the keyboard like a little monkey who lost his banana. hysterical

Primitive Screwhead
Originally posted by ScarFace Clone
well i will just watch a dvd on my playstation 2 or xbox witch both have way better graphics the GC and also Nintendo needs to stop milking mario! the only thing i give cridet for the game cube is The new zelda game and MGS twin snakes

For starters, you forgot both Metroids, the ports of Ikaruga and Skies of Arcadia, two Legend of Zelda collections in addition to Wind Waker and the upcoming Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4, Rebel Strike, Eternal Darkness, Viewtiful Joe (I list this as it came out on GameCube long before it was ported to PS2), the upcoming Fire Emblem, Geist and Killer 7. I didn't even need to bring up any Mario titles in that list.

Blue Dragon
GameCube is great! XBox is so pants! PS2 great also!

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Tough question. The Dreamcast is definately the most underrated console point blank. Of the current crop the Cube is the most underrated. In some ways it gets the credit it deserves but it is often sold short.

Blue Dragon
I was going to get a DreamCast too...because they had Sonic games I really wanted one...I didn't & it's a good job! The console was popular for no more than 10 minutes!

dAngEr_Is_gO!
It's a shame really because it had some fantastic games. I still drag it out from time to time to play something.

ragesRemorse
I think the sega saturn is the most underated system ever.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Got one of those too and yes it was tragically underrated, even by Sega themselves. Still I think the Dreamcast was ahead of it's time.

shadow12
they released the dreamcast to early thats why if they would of waited a bit longer it would of done better

The MISTER
Gamecube would have done alot better if it didn't look like a purple bulding block. The colors purple, pink, and yellow should obviously never be used as the standard for ANY game system that's supposed to compete for the attention of people past puberty.

The design for the NES was cooler.

The discs are sweet though.

Primitive Screwhead
Originally posted by The MISTER
Gamecube would have done alot better if it didn't look like a purple bulding block. The colors purple, pink, and yellow should obviously never be used as the standard for ANY game system that's supposed to compete for the attention of people past puberty.

The design for the NES was cooler.

The discs are sweet though.

At least they expanded to include black and platinum...

shadow12
yeah i have platinum

Blue Dragon
They need more Sega mascots, maybe that's why...?
Everyone knows Mario, Zelda, Kirby etc for Nintendo.
Crash, Spyro, Lara etc for Sony.
Sega...Sega? You just think Sonic, well you do don't you? Well I do, I don't know any Sega characters..isn't Megaman a Sega character?

shadow12
there also shining force from sega

Primitive Screwhead
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
Sega...Sega? You just think Sonic, well you do don't you? Well I do, I don't know any Sega characters..isn't Megaman a Sega character?

Sonic was the face of Sega for all those years... which is why it should come to mind first. And Megaman is Capcom, not Sega.

Benjio
No, Dreamcast is in my opinion, just as an answer to the main question

Benjio
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
There are loads of Sonic team mascots, let alone Sega!
Sonic, Nights, AiAi, Ash (from PSO), The Samba de Amigo Monkey and more (can;t remember the BR main guys name, it was like Sho Amabarme or sommit)

Then of course theres the other team's characters, like Ryu (from Shenmue), Slash (from Crazy Taxi), Beat (from JSRF), Akira (from Virtua Fighter) and theres bound to be loads more!

ragesRemorse
gamecube isnt underated because it cost half the price of the other consoles.

black robb
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
gamecube isnt underated because it cost half the price of the other consoles. it is underrated because people always compare it to Xbox they say "What good games are on Gamecube?"when most of Xbox's success is based entirely on Halo.Gamecube has way more good games than Xbox but it is just marketing that makes people think it has more "mature" games

daniel18
i say destroy all video games and get of your lazy asses

Smasandian
I say add an extra f to of, you ungramatical *******. Muhahahaha.

Primitive Screwhead
Originally posted by daniel18

...he says, as he sits in front of a computer to type that. I find that rather amusing.

HAROLD
GameCube is way underrated.

ScarFace Clone
WHY!!!

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Benjio
There are loads of Sonic team mascots, let alone Sega!
Sonic, Nights, AiAi, Ash (from PSO), The Samba de Amigo Monkey and more (can;t remember the BR main guys name, it was like Sho Amabarme or sommit)

Then of course theres the other team's characters, like Ryu (from Shenmue), Slash (from Crazy Taxi), Beat (from JSRF), Akira (from Virtua Fighter) and theres bound to be loads more!
I sort of know Nights, is Samba de Amigo Monkey the monkey with the maracas? If so I am slighty familiar with this also.
Originally posted by Primitive Screwhead
Sonic was the face of Sega for all those years... which is why it should come to mind first. And Megaman is Capcom, not Sega.
I am not too familair with Capcom, I know that fighting game, I think it was for Xbox, with all comic characters in, called Capcom something...I think...had MagaMan, SpiderMan etc...
Originally posted by daniel18
Who are you to judge?

Smasandian
The only true mascots are Mario and Sonic.

Where would companies consoles be without those two.

Zelda would be another one.

Other than that, there is no other true mascot. IF there is and Im forgetting it, they dont measure up to those two (maybe 3).

Primitive Screwhead

Other than that, there is no other true mascot. IF there is and Im forgetting it, they dont measure up to those two (maybe 3).

But wait... don't you remeber Sofia from Battle Arena Toshinden? That mascot lasted about a month... smile

Blue Dragon

Nintendo = Mario
Sega = Sonic
Sony = ? Is it Crash? I think more likely...

Big Evil
Your mom is under-rated.

Red Superfly
People use "mascots" in order to defend Nintendo and to criticise Sony.

Why?

Since when is a mascot going to produce anything good? Sure, there's a nice bit of branding, but to be honest I haven't played a decent Sonic or Mario themed game since the likes of the Mega Drive and N64.

I think we should always go beyond this whole mascot debate, and just recognise the fact that maybe, just maybe, the mascot is what Nintendo needs to kick out. Sony's strongest marketing gimmicks comes from the fact it doesn't really have a mascot, it doesn't favour one theme over another. It is in many ways, more universal than Nintendo can ever hope to be, because it doesn't have a "kiddy" cartoon mascot.

Now, I love Mario, have done all my life. Love Zelda, love all that stuff. But I do think Nintendo need to stop with the franchises. Make one Mario game every so often. Make one Zelda game every now and then. Don't make Mario Tennis, make a PROPER Tennis game. I get the feeling if Nintendo would try and make some genuinely good games, with NEW characters, it would help it's kiddy image and seem more mature, in that it is willing to move on.

I honestly would wish Nintedno would take their fantastic, original ideas and simply make new characters. They keep making Mario Golf, Donkey Kong this, Donkey Kong that. Fantastic games that would be better off if they didn't have the mascots tied to them. Make some serious games. Bring back the NES days when Nintendo just made whatever the hell they wanted to, and didn't feel compelled to slap Marios face on everything.

Smasandian
Well a. The game's sell well and b. it would not help the image because all of the Nintendo fans will have a shitfit because they cant play the characters they love. Nintendo would lose more fans than they would gain.

The Mario sport games are actually really fun to play. So its a Mario game, but Mario tennis was great. I rather play that then Top Spin, or whatever it was called.
They have to stop with the Mario Party games though. Eek.

Super Mario Sunshine wasnt the best of the series, but it wasnt a crappy game at all. People have really high standards when it came to Mario. Overhyped, yes but is it a horrible game no. Its just not the best.
Zelda games on the other hand have always been amazing. Wind Waker was awesome but the look of it turned people off. The gameplay though was fantastic.

I rather have my old mascot than some new mascot. Look at the countless games that have the worst mascots ever.

daniel18
sorry for calling everyone lazy i was just kidding

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Red Superfly
People use "mascots" in order to defend Nintendo and to criticise Sony.

Why?

Since when is a mascot going to produce anything good? Sure, there's a nice bit of branding, but to be honest I haven't played a decent Sonic or Mario themed game since the likes of the Mega Drive and N64.

I think we should always go beyond this whole mascot debate, and just recognise the fact that maybe, just maybe, the mascot is what Nintendo needs to kick out. Sony's strongest marketing gimmicks comes from the fact it doesn't really have a mascot, it doesn't favour one theme over another. It is in many ways, more universal than Nintendo can ever hope to be, because it doesn't have a "kiddy" cartoon mascot.

Now, I love Mario, have done all my life. Love Zelda, love all that stuff. But I do think Nintendo need to stop with the franchises. Make one Mario game every so often. Make one Zelda game every now and then. Don't make Mario Tennis, make a PROPER Tennis game. I get the feeling if Nintendo would try and make some genuinely good games, with NEW characters, it would help it's kiddy image and seem more mature, in that it is willing to move on.

I honestly would wish Nintedno would take their fantastic, original ideas and simply make new characters. They keep making Mario Golf, Donkey Kong this, Donkey Kong that. Fantastic games that would be better off if they didn't have the mascots tied to them. Make some serious games. Bring back the NES days when Nintendo just made whatever the hell they wanted to, and didn't feel compelled to slap Marios face on everything.
I am 100% with you here! The Mega Drive, those we the good days... :happy I was 7, I loved playing Sonic especially, some more favourites or good ones were:
Theme Park
Coloums (spelt wrong I think...)
This boy with a magic football, I forgot name..fun though...
Lemings

Can't really think of any...it's been a while...
Who needs Mario playing tennis? Mario is Mario! Racing games are okay for Mario, this is fine. I personally wouldn't mind them doing a Sonic & Zelda racing game, get the weapons, skills etc to...yeah.

Mario Golf, another...we already had a Tennis/Kart/Golf on N64...didn't they have a Tennis, I'm not too sure? I have Mario Kart Double Dash, older one I couldn't control... mad

Neil MeqVren
I don't know if this was mentioned but as far back as I can recall Japan still makes DC games. They are just not inported to the states. It's a shame really, some of the games look good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.