Why Mace Windu is a dink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Biker Scout
He's so cocky...and gets caught monologuing at the end...mace stinks

((The_Anomaly))
this is your second thread in like 3 min, both of which have absolutely no point...please stop

Tulak Hord
No man! Go for the record!

SithSpy
seriously guys, not every idea needs a new thread, just try and search for a thread thats similar and bring your idea up there, it'll save you quite a bit of flamage

§P0oONY
Mace rocks, he has a great light saber

mysterio69
but he could,'ve killed palps by just jabbing in the face w/ his saber. but nooooo...he had to wind up like a dork. he deserved to have his hand cut off. laughing

yerssot
he was cocky yes, just like Yoda hinted in AOTC:
"Too sure of themselves they are, even the older, more experienced ones"

Tulak Hord
I hate Mace. I've hated Mace ever since he killed Jango. He deserved to die. Jango was da man.

bib_fortuna
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
I hate Mace. I've hated Mace ever since he killed Jango. He deserved to die. Jango was da man.

sam jackson's worst role ever. it was like he was so excited to be in a SW movie that he forgot to act. his lightsaber was awesome tho.

bill9d9
Originally posted by bib_fortuna
sam jackson's worst role ever. it was like he was so excited to be in a SW movie that he forgot to act. his lightsaber was awesome tho.

Even with a poor performance, he is still 10x the actor most of the other B-rate people are in this trilogy. McDirmad is the only other good one in the films.

WindDancer
He was just cocky and arrogant...like other jedis.

Echuu
I guess he was; I still think he's awesome.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by WindDancer
He was just cocky and arrogant...like other jedis.

hehehehehehe.... you said "Jedis"

supercybergeek
Originally posted by The Biker Scout
He's so cocky...and gets caught monologuing at the end...mace stinks

yes it's true he got caught monologuing, but all the jedis are cocky and he didn't expect anakin to freak out like an idiot.

supercybergeek
Originally posted by mysterio69
but he could,'ve killed palps by just jabbing in the face w/ his saber. but nooooo...he had to wind up like a dork. he deserved to have his hand cut off. laughing

I agree he should not wind up but all the jedis fight like idiots. They spin at the most inappropriate times, and they hold their light sabers cocked back. There is nothing practical about their fighting styles, it's just all show. You have to remember these guys are actors not bruce lee

mysterio69
well...nevertheless, he's a dork. stick out tongue

supercybergeek
you can make the same arguments for all the jedi

ubidoobascooby
It's funny that he's great in all his other movies, yet cocky and monologing in this one. Waaaaaait a minute, maby he's MEAN'T TO FREAKING ACT IT!

I dunno about you homo's but mace was cocky from the beginning. It was his character. Plus he was the only smart one.

Didn't trust Anikan
suspected Sideous
Sensed the plot to destroy the jedi

All for good reason and came true. Not saying he was the only jedi that felt this, but anyhoo...

LandoSpeeder2
I did like him, until episode III. I also didn't like the fact that he didn't let Anakin go with him to confront Palpy. He's the chosen one but no, Mace says stay here. It was like Mace wanted to be the one to kill Palpy, and then he'd be the chosen one I guess.

supercybergeek
if anyone is a dink I think Anakin would be the first don't you think?

Vanquish
Ya I really don't understand why he didn't ask Anakin to join him in arresting Palps. Anakin fully regained his trust by ratting out palps. Anakin was the first to figure out who he was, and he turned him in without even thinking. So...

1) If Mace believes that Anakin really is the Chosen one, he should allow Anakin to fulfill his destiny and go with him to get palps.

2) If Mace thinks the chosen one thing is bullshit, he STILL should take Anakin with him, because Anakin is one of the strongest Jedi they have.

Either way, Mace should have asked him to go. I think he wanted the credit for killing him, and it cost him and thousands of Jedi's their lives. If Mace just gave his ego a rest, and took 10 powerful Jedi's instead of 3 Tools with him, this would all have gone differently.

pr1983
mace was going to arrest palps, not kill him...

he knew anakin was conflicted and that he had a relationship with palps, thats why...

and it seemed obvious had anakin been a good boy and done what he was told, and mace had stopped palps ani would have become a master...

Vanquish
arrest, kill, whatever. They needed the strongest to stop him. Anakin was the obvious choice. Mace fuked up on that call bigtime.

pr1983
Originally posted by Vanquish
arrest, kill, whatever. They needed the strongest to stop him. Anakin was the obvious choice. Mace fuked up on that call bigtime.

no he didnt... he knew anakin had loyalty to palps, and didnt know if anakin could be trusted... leaving anakin behind was the right thing...

supercybergeek

he should have tied anakin down before leaving him, thats the only real mistake he really made. Taking Anakin was a mistake obviously, he cut his hand off!

Vanquish
Anakin interfered NOT because he sided with Palps. 10 minutes earlier, anakin was ready to kill palps. He just reacted to the moment. Follow the dialogue. Anakin doing what he did wasen't him siding with palps. It was simply him saving Padme from his point of view. Palps tells him that the secret to saving padme dies with him. Palps was beat, and near dead. If Windu did just arrest him like he said he would, anakin would never have interfered. At least just cut off palps hands or something so he is weakened. If Mace did that, Anakin would have probably helped. But arrogant old Mace never does the "jedi" way does he. When he decapitated Jango, did you see the look on Dooku's face? It's like he's saying, what the fuk mace. Couldn't you have just wounded him? Jango could very well have been the key to figuring out the origin of the order to make the clone army. And Mace just decapitates him? Nah, Mace is arrogant and foolish and he wanted the lime light for himself.

ayjay
mace was arrogant. But he had every reason to be. He was powerful and wise and kicked ass....he's one bad ass mofo

DeVi| D0do
Mace was too cynical... it made me hate him.

TheFilmProphet
Anakin interfered NOT because he sided with Palps. 10 minutes earlier, anakin was ready to kill palps. He just reacted to the moment. Follow the dialogue. Anakin doing what he did wasen't him siding with palps. It was simply him saving Padme from his point of view. Palps tells him that the secret to saving padme dies with him. Palps was beat, and near dead. If Windu did just arrest him like he said he would, anakin would never have interfered. At least just cut off palps hands or something so he is weakened. If Mace did that, Anakin would have probably helped. But arrogant old Mace never does the "jedi" way does he. When he decapitated Jango, did you see the look on Dooku's face? It's like he's saying, what the fuk mace. Couldn't you have just wounded him? Jango could very well have been the key to figuring out the origin of the order to make the clone army. And Mace just decapitates him? Nah, Mace is arrogant and foolish and he wanted the lime light for himself.

I agree, some good points.

supercybergeek
If Windu did just arrest him like he said he would, anakin would never have interfered. At least just cut off palps hands or something so he is weakened. If Mace did that, Anakin would have probably helped.

If this is true, why didn't anakin arrest palps himself after that?

TylerN
OK, so there is this really powerful jedi who is having an internal struggle over joining the dark side or not . . . I wouldn't have wanted Anakin with me confronting Palpatine, either.

So, Mace died because of his pride. That doesn't mean he wasn't awesome in almost every other way. Even the coolest guys need their fatal flaws. Give Mace a break - when was the last time you confronted a dark lord of the sith, beat him down, and didn't start monologuing? ;-)

supercybergeek
it seems most jedi make a lot of mistakes. And aren't very good at fighting off a few clones. LOL I can't beleive people say they cried during order 66 it was so lame, the jedi are not that good at defence.

smoker4
This thread deserves to die and i hope it burns in hell
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/smoker4/image019.jpg

Moosooman
well he has a right to be cocy! Before star wars was called star wars was it not called the story of mace windu? smile

Alucer
The way i interpeted that whole episode was...
Darth Sidious willingly let himself get put into that situation, because he knew Anakin would come, and he just pretended to be beaten then started to whine for Anakin to help him.
Because he knew that if Anakin attacked Windu he would be through as a Jedi, and had to commit himself to him.
Didnt you notice that as soon as Anakin attacked Windu, Sidious totally owned him shouting something like, unlimited power!!! and shot bolts of lightning up Windus butt?
It was all part of his evil little plan.

bill9d9
Originally posted by smoker4
This thread deserves to die and i hope it burns in hell
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/smoker4/image019.jpg

They ate me! A f@*kin shark ate me!

Echuu
Originally posted by Alucer
Didnt you notice that as soon as Anakin attacked Windu, Sidious totally owned him shouting something like, unlimited power!!! and shot bolts of lightning up Windus butt?
It was all part of his evil little plan.

Yes; AFTER Anakin chopped his arm off. Didn't you notice before that he was deflecting the lightning just fine.

supercybergeek
Anakin is the real dink that is somthing we can all agree on

yerssot
pr is right in this, mace simply didn't want anakin to be there if he needed to kill sidious

Vanquish
I still think Anakin would have behaved himself if Mace did the right thing also. All Mace had to do was hack off his hands and feet, and he would be useless. Then they could keep him safely in custody for questioning, or jedi torture or something smile

But Anakin only interfered because he couldn't let him actually die. Anakin didn't care if he was severly wounded or not. Anakin didn't even like Palps that much once he found out he was a Sith and was decieving him the entire time. Anakin isn't a total idiot. He knew at that moment that he was played the whole time.

yerssot
so... they had to make someone suffer to get him into custody? doesn't sound like the jedi way

Fishy
It isn't, Mace should have just locked Anakin inside the Jedi temple... Or he should have killed Palps before Anakin could stop him

yerssot
only if Palpatine was still using his sabre, not when he's unarmed

Fishy
Mace did have a point though. Palpatine was to dangerous to let live, he could not be trialed and any conversation with a clone trooper could be lethal for the Jedi, maybe they didn't know it yet but they probably thought of it. Mace was right in wanting to kill Palpatine, when you are talking about the survival of the order you can break one stupid rule if it will ensure its survival.

Anakin should just have accepted that his wife would want to die instead of thousand Jedi's.

yerssot
I agree with the last, since he shouldn't have married her in the first place, nor have any attachments.

but the first?? they're jedi, they follow the rules

SithSpy
i think the line that they shoulda left in was when mace said something about anakin not leaving dooku alive cause he was too dangerous, would helped the scene a bit

Fishy
Yeah they should, following the rules is something Jedi should do but at what cost?

Lets say almost everything you loved is destroyed your country in a full civil war, you have the chance to stop it all, kill the one that killed your loved one's and end the war. Or bring him to the courts that are under his control, and give him a chance of freedom, not just a chance a great chance. Not to mention that the person will always control the army's unless dead.

What would you do? Maybe it was against the rules, but it was the logical thing to do

yerssot
jedi don't have attachments nor love one in that way you said, so they don't have to deal with that.
Being a jedi is about controling your emotions and being strictly rational about things. The only fair thing to do is to give him a trial since he has been defeated

Fishy
Originally posted by yerssot
jedi don't have attachments nor love one in that way you said, so they don't have to deal with that.
Being a jedi is about controling your emotions and being strictly rational about things. The only fair thing to do is to give him a trial since he has been defeated

They can love things... Like things, like the city. Yoda has good connections with the wookies that means he likes them, he says he will miss Chewbacca. Meaning he has a relationship with him of some sort, an attachment he's not afraid to lose him apparently but he will miss him. Jedi can form attechments.

And like you said rational, if Sidious goes on trial he will just make himself go free... Its a gamble Mace did not feel like taking and I can't blame him for it. Maybe he shouldn't have done it, but Sidious isn't an idiot i'm sure he could have played out a lot of things to still get the Jedi killed and the Empire created. Mace gambled on the safest thing and in doing so gave Sidious everything he wanted

yerssot
they can like things and people yes, as long as they don't get attached to it so it influences them (like love)

he clearly gambled wrong: it's simply not the jedi way as anakin said. He could simply go to trial and no matter how tight his grip on justice is, because there is ice cold proof that he's a sith, he can't be set free. You can set up an entire political organ simply to purify the judges before starting his proces

Vanquish
I fully agree with ya yerssot. Mace went away from "the jedi way" and THATS why anakin did what he did. IF that was yoda, it never would have happened. Yoda would have wounded him and arrested him. Palps could have easily faced trial, and the evidence is too strong for even him to manipulate his way out if it. As I have said several times. Anakin didn't side with palps. HE just didn't want him dead, and he reacted. If the intention wasen't to kill, it would have been fine.

Fishy
Originally posted by yerssot
they can like things and people yes, as long as they don't get attached to it so it influences them (like love)

he clearly gambled wrong: it's simply not the jedi way as anakin said. He could simply go to trial and no matter how tight his grip on justice is, because there is ice cold proof that he's a sith, he can't be set free. You can set up an entire political organ simply to purify the judges before starting his proces

I agree that he shouldn't have done it, but I can understand why and from his eyes it probably was the logical choice. And honestly I don't think betraying a code for a reason like this is wrong, unless it fails of course then its just idiotic stick out tongue

sumbum
I don't believe Mace ever could have killed Sidious. Don't you find it disturbing that Mace could beat Sidious when Yoda could not. Yoda has almost 6000 more midi-chlorians than Mace. Yoda can manipulate lightning himself, Mace had to use his saber to block it. I think Mace is a great figher. His saber skills are exceptional, but the sith lord fell to easily I feel.

Now what I don't understand is why Anakin had to cut Mace's hand off. Why couldn't he just block the saber attack? That would stop him from killing him, and keep Mace alive too. SOunds good to me...its not like Mace would have tried to fight Ani, and even if he did, Anakin would be able to beat Windu. Ahhh the drama...

Fishy
Where did you get that 6000?

About the Yoda/Mace Sidious thing, well Mace his strongest point is fightning. Sidious his greatest is the force Yoda his strongest is the force too... Of course Yoda and Sidious are going to match each other better then Mace and Sidious will.

Also Palpatine ran away from Mace not from Yoda

ShadowKing
In AOTC, Obi, Mace, and Yoda are talking about Anakin and the point comes up from Yoda that a lot of Jedi are becoming too arrogant ( a point I took as a shot at Obi-Wan). Mace showed this arrogance in AOTC. Obi-Wan was sent to find Jango Fett. Jango kills one Jedi, loses his flight pack, and when he confronts Mace, his shots are deflected and then his weapons are destroyed. Mace could have easily taken him in case there was some informatin that could have been gained about the Separatists. I did not understand the purpose of killing him after he was disarmed. So it was in Mace's character in ROTS to take matters into his own hands against Palpatine (who was not near death, just faking....look how quick he pops up after Mace is gone). It was stupid of Mace to rear back with his saber when a quick poke through the brain would have done the job. This may be a Lucas trait. In ROTJ, after Luke spins and force pulls his saber from the emperor's chair (and he could have just used his left hand quicker), he pulls back in that same high attack mode instead of snapping the on button and poking Palpatine in the heart...

FYI, I almost think Mace is a beeyotch. He screamed like a girl when his hand got taken...Dooku lost both hands and was quiet, the female assasion in AOTC lost her hand and basically said "aargh".

and finally...did Mace force jump back into the skies of Coruscant or was he pushed by force lightning. Just before he leaves the window ledge you can here him grunt....if he has the force powers similar to the cartoon version in Clone Wars...he could jump a great distance and, like Anakin, just latch onto the nearest flier passing by in the unending traffic of Coruscant.

yerssot
Originally posted by Fishy
I agree that he shouldn't have done it, but I can understand why and from his eyes it probably was the logical choice. And honestly I don't think betraying a code for a reason like this is wrong, unless it fails of course then its just idiotic stick out tongue
the point of the code is that you uphold it, that's pretty clear no?
especially if you're on the council, you have to follow the rules

Vanquish
And as for why Mace did better vs Palps then Yoda did. Easy, Vapaad. Mace's best trait is his fighting style, which is perfectly suited to killing anyone that is using the dark side against him. He uses his Vapaad to channel more strength and he can beat dark side users. However if Mace fought Yoda or another Jedi, his Vapaad wouldn't do anything.

Therefore, Mace does better vs Palps then Yoda did, but if he actually fought Yoda, he would get owned. No vapaad, he's a lot weaker in force powers, and he's WAY slower then Yoda. Do the math. Yoda owns Mace. But if you want to send a Jedi to fight against a dark side user, Windu is the man to send.

DeVi| D0do
uhh... sure.

supercybergeek
I don't thinki lucas put that much though into it guys. He just needed a way scene for mace to die and for anakin to turn bad. For all we know, mace wasn't written in until he decided to shoot episode 1. He proably meet Samuel L Jackson at a party and he asked to be in the movie. Mace is not mentioned once in the OT.

The Biker Scout
So Like I said when I started this thread...Mace is a dink smokin'

Lazerlike42
lol.... Qui-gon isn't mentioned in OT, nor is anyone else cuz he hadn't thought of any of them yet.

Lazerlike42
And for the record I also agree with the thread lol

The Last Son
"yes he deserves to die I hope he burns in hell"

El_NINO
A dink at heart mace is........

and now i must pi*s

ebonyblade1
You are not cocky when you can back it up. The truly great people in life, the ones who can actually change the world or the extremely confident ones. The ones who are great and humble just have a way of hiding their cockiness. You can't expect someone to be a great at anything and not be extremely confident. It was natural for mace windu character to be cocky. Just as han solo is cocky. Most people who have a problem with cocky confident people are the ones who are low in confidence themselves. I suggest therapy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.