Has any of you made a custom lightsaber?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gandrake
I'm making a couple of red custom lightsabers

SithSpy
how are you going about doing that?

also, please dont go the way those kids in england did, with the gas in the glass tubes and all

gandrake
Oh I'm not. mad I'm going to use pvc pipes.

gandrake
Red LED lights in a clear tube.

gandrake
And grips.

SithSpy
oh i wasnt making fun of you bro, just putting it out there, how are you gonna get clear PVC, i didnt think they made it?

also to add to your post you can hit the edit button up to 15 min after you originally posted, that way you wont have to double and triple post

gandrake
Oh. thanks big grin. I'm going to try to find a clear tube. Not pvc for the blade.

SithSpy
let me know how you do it, i was thinking of making one myself, but i was gonna hit up like a plumbing store for the hilt, so itll be steel, you should check out small hardware stores for alot of the stuff you need cool

gandrake
This is my first time making one too. So your not alone.

gandrake
For grips you can use rubber plumbing seals. cool

SithSpy
yeah, im gonna actually draw up some designs first and get the best stuff for the job, I dont want it to look homemade

gandrake
I'm going to use plans that I thought of.

whirlysplat
No, cause I'm not a tw"t!

gandrake
I'm just curious.

gandrake
Hey Sith Spy. cool What color are you making the blade?

Master Mawi
My lightsaber is fashioned after Dooku's and Assaj Ventress' lightsabers. But my color is green.

gandrake
Thats realy cool cool cool

xyz jedi
gandrake can you make me a bouble white saber

((The_Anomaly))
This is my saber, Im working on it right now actually...its hard tho, cause I dont have the proper metal cutting stuff...

gandrake
When did you start?

((The_Anomaly))
i started ummm....2 weeks ago, or something like that. im still looking for parts that fit my design, right now i have all the silver areas cut out...and i have a part for the grip, but its not exactly what i want, so im still looking for something better..

The Biker Scout
http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/toys/69de/

The Biker Scout
This isn't a toy for your six year old cousin (he probably doesn't even know what planet Wookies live on). This is an official reproduction of real Lightsabers from Star Wars. "Real lightsabers?", you might be thinking, "Star Wars isn't real!". Tell that to the masses who dress up every day as Darth Vader and Princess Leia across the globe, tell that to the folks who build droid replicas in their garages, study Sith history, and practice their Huttese. Star Wars is very real. And these working lightsabers make that extremely apparent. Featuring realistic lighting and sound effects, these close combat weapons of the Jedi and Sith from the Star Wars saga are absolutely amazing, features include:

Glowing blades ignites with realistic power-up/down effects!
Authentic sound effects digitally recorded from the movie.
Features four motion sensor controlled sound effects, Power-up, idle hum, clash, and power-down
Durable metal hilt looks and feels like a real lightsaber.
Sturdy blade is permanently attached to the hilt
Comes with a custom-designed display stand when you need a break from dueling.

Ultimatespider
Ive made a saber! It's sort of Black with a hint of gold. I plan to make the blade curved like a samurai sword and RED not red , RED!!!!

Red Superfly
I always make lightsabers out of baguettes. Can't resist.

Ultimatespider
http://www.thelightsaber.com/ContestEntries2003/04b.jpg

Heres mine starwars

((The_Anomaly))
Ultimatespider thats sweet, where did you get the belt clip thing from?

durge13
i am making a lightsaber at the moment but the parts are expensive.
i will send a picture of it when it is finished to any1 that would like to see,
i can also send instructions on how to make one as well. i will be selling custom lightsaber hilts when i figure out how i can make a little bit of profit

gandrake
I plan on doing the same thing when i make to many.I'm going to price them for $25-$30 each.

PloKoon
i actually just finished making a lightsaber hilt and wired it to be a flashlight its actually pretty cool. I made it out of various plumbing pipes

SithHappens
I am making one. All plumbing parts for the hilt, and windshield wipers. I want to make the blade threaded so it can screw into the hilt but idk how I would go about this. I will post pics when I am done.

jeedai_moyco
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Ultimatespider thats sweet, where did you get the belt clip thing from?

randomsabers.com/displays.htm

Captain REX
Hah, I'm too flippin' lazy to make my own...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.