will we ever know who sifo-dyas was?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
I am wondering whether george lucas will ever re-edit these films to explain certain mysteries, like who sifo-dyas was, or whether he figures the casual moviegoer really doesnt care.

i know i would like an explaination IN THE MOVIES.

Darth Kip
i dunno

TheVapor
i heard it was Darth Maul. Sifo-Dyas was his jedi name. but im not sure

SixOfTwelve
Originally posted by bigsef2
I am wondering whether george lucas will ever re-edit these films to explain certain mysteries, like who sifo-dyas was, or whether he figures the casual moviegoer really doesnt care.

i know i would like an explaination IN THE MOVIES.

For the umpteenth time, the explanation was in the movies.
A Jedi Master named Sifo Dyas ordered the clone army. Then he was killed, and the Sith continued to oversee production under his name. There is no mystery. It only became a mystery because everyone wanted it to be one.

I haven't read "Labyrinth of Evil", but from what I heard, that's pretty much what it says in there, with the addition of minor gap-fillers like who killed Dyas (I don't remember correctly, either Dooku, Sidious or Fett) and who claimed to be Dyas later when dealing with the Kaminoans (Dooku) once the whole Fett DNA deal was made.

Darth Elmo
There is already a forum for this sifo-dyas

Smegulated
Sifo-Dyas is Sifo-Dyas, he clearly was a jedi, who like dooko betrayed the jedi. Its no mystery, obi-wan knew him as he knew he died '10 years ago'

SixOfTwelve
Originally posted by TheVapor
i heard it was Darth Maul. Sifo-Dyas was his jedi name. but im not sure

From all the sources we know, Maul never was a Jedi. He was trained by Sidious from an early age to be a Sith.

yerssot
Originally posted by Smegulated
Sifo-Dyas is Sifo-Dyas, he clearly was a jedi, who like dooko betrayed the jedi. Its no mystery, obi-wan knew him as he knew he died '10 years ago'
ALMOST 10 years ago

Lana
In the movie scrapbook (I think it was that) it said that Sifo-Dyas was a Jedi who placed the order for the clone army, and was killed by Dooku.

But there are about 4000 threads on who Sifo-Dyas is and how it wasn't said in the movie.

yerssot
you backseated mod, you stick out tongue

Lana
stick out tongue

I did however contribute info to the topic, so hah stick out tongue

yerssot
I'll see about that ... in court stick out tongue

and for the record, I thought in LOE they said it was Dooku that placed it, deleted Kamino and did all the other work, no?

Lana
I dunno, I haven't read LOE, I'm just going by what I read in the movie scrapbook, which said that Sifo-Dyas placed the order and was killed by Dooku.

yerssot
I take that that is true... from a certain point of view

LandoSpeeder2
and this is like what, the 20'th Sifo-Dyas thread

yerssot
who's keeping count wink

LandoSpeeder2
Just a guess.

DeVi| D0do
easily the 20th

Creechuur
In the immortal words of the sock puppet villain from The Tick: READ A BOOK!

mephistodesigns
LOE says that Sifo Dyas placed the order for the Army, because he, like many who joined Dooku, was getting sick of the corruption in the Republic, so Dooku tricked him into placing the order and then killed him.....I'll go find the excerpt and post it.

mephistodesigns
Obi-Wan truned to face Yoda. "master, did Difo-Dyas order the clone army?'
Yoda nodded. "Contacted the Kaminoans, he did."
"Without your knowledge?"
"Without it yes. But exists, a record of his initial contact."
Obi-Wan gave in to some of his frustration. "I should have questioned Lama Su more extensively."
"Questioned, the Kaminoans were. Furnished much they did."
"Did they?" Obi-Wan said in surprise. "When?"
"Reticent they were when first to Kamino i went. Only what already they had told you, I heard. That Sifo-Dyas the order placed; that Tyranus the donor clone furnished. That for the Republic the clones were. Seen by the Kaminoans, neither Sifo-Dyas nor Tyranus was. But later, after attacked Kamino was, more I learned from Taun We and Ko Sai. About the payments."
"From Sifo-Dyas?"
"From Tyrannus."
"Could Tyrannus have been an alias for Sifo-Dyas? Could he have adopted the name to provide deniability for the jedi in case the clone army was discovered?"
"Wished for that I did. But killed Sifo-Dyas was, before on Kamino jango Fett arrived."
"Murdered?"
Yoda compressed his thin lips. "Unsolved the crime remains, but, yes: murdered."
"Someone knew," Obi-Wan said, more to himself. "Dooku?" he asked Yoda.
"A theory I have-nothing more. Murder, Dooku commited. Then, from the jedi archives erased Kamino, he did. Of that tampering, proof master Jocasta Nu found-proof of Dooku's action, though well concealed it was."

Protector
That was beautiful

Vanquish
No way i'm going to read all this again about the old who is syfo thread. So hopefully for the last time.

Syfo dias is SYFO DIAS. He was an actual person. If you really want to know who he is, read a book. It isn't, and will never be explained in the movies. Either Dooku impersonated Syfo to get the clone army made under the name of the jedi council, or he was tricked into making the order himself, and then killed by dooku. That's all we know, and that's all we will ever know in the movies.

But make no mistake, Syfo dias was an actual person named Syfo dias, and he IS NOT, and will NEVER BE anyone in any of the movies. He was on the council, and he was killed by Dooku. Who really cares what circumstances made the clone army get created. Dooku was behind it. End it already.

Sigh...

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by Protector
That was beautiful

yeah...wish I'd wrote it, then I'd be a rich writer too! laughing

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by Vanquish
No way i'm going to read all this again about the old who is syfo thread.

then maybe you shouldn't bother posting again, because we covered your post two or three posts before yours...

sigh...

StaR_WarS_4LiFE
mephistodesigns is right...!!! completely right, no discussion possible

queeq
Still, it's never explained properly. Did Syf-Dyas place the order or someone else. Yoda says in that piece of novel that no one ever saw Sif-Dyas. The point is not: who is syfo-dyas, but more: Who actually placed the order and erased the Jedi archives? That has not been answered and maybe we shouldn't care. Logic might demand Syfo-Dyas was killed and Dooku used his name and rep to order a Clone Army as instructed by Sidious and then erase all evidence from the archives. But then, this is all speculation.

mephistodesigns
Dooku took many jedi to his cause. Sifo was just the first one. They had him place the order to confuse the Jedi, then killed him. then Tyrannus made payments, who the Jedi had never even heard them. It was all meant to be confusing as all hell to keep the jedi from figuring it out. We all know who had the clones ordered (Sidious)...so does it really matter which agent of his, willing or otherwise, ordered them? I still say Sifo did, since thats Yoda's theory and he's 800 some odd years old, chances are he's got pretty good instincts for figuring things out.

kremzike
Originally posted by queeq
Who actually placed the order and erased the Jedi archives?

If you are accepting LOE as fact, Dooku erasing the archives is explained 100% for sure confirmed. Just read above. In that excerpt from the book, Yoda says, "Then, from the jedi archives erased Kamino, he did. Of that tampering, proof master Jocasta Nu found-proof of Dooku's action, though well concealed it was." So that part is answered.

queeq
EU ALERT!!!!

kremzike
Well, that's what I was expecting you to say BEFORE my post, but since you didn't...

queeq
Hey, just testing how brave you were... or how foolish. evil face

kremzike
That's funny. I was bringing up the book again to test your EU barometer!

bioptical
way back in 2002, when i heard the syfo dyas lines during the midnight premier of clones, i immediately thought that it was a set up by the bad guys. no mystery at all.

it's always seemed like an obvious implication, which ol' George is known for!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.