Yoda Stopping sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kenobi2004
Hello all of you reading this...

i remember in the movie before the fight between sidious and yoda starts,sidious was trying to run away....when yoda stopped him and said.."if so powerful you are,why leave!!"...did sidious really want to leave and escape or was he just trying to do something else????

Sith Master X
Nope, he was trying to make a run for it.

kenobi2004
But how come he want to run from yoda is he was welling to destroy all the jedi and become the emperor and the dark sith lord..who has full power of everything.....doesn't this feel little it wrong!!!!

keYa
palps sucks a lot , yoda could have kill him ...
Just a crapy person , the one who would be possibly strong was Dark Plageus

Vanquish
Of course he was going to try to run. His plan was years in the making, and he finally converted a powerful apprentice, and he has supreme powers over the galaxy. He isn't about to risk all that in a fight with the strongest Jedi in 1000 years, maybe ever. He wanted to run, but Yoda stopped him. If yoda didn't stop him and at least try to fight, Palps would have had the entire republic army and Vader to protect him for the rest of his life. At that moment when Yoda walked into the room, was Palpys most vulnerable point in his life. He is exposed, and he is alone.

This is of course also why Yoda had to retreat after that fall he took. He probably could have made his way back up to palps, but he also could not risk dying, because he is basically the last hope for the Jedi. Neither one of them could risk dying. But at least Yoda stepped up and instigated the fight.

Good thing Yoda has balls, or that duel would not have happened at all. Palps fought pretty well not to die, but Yoda got the better of him forsure. Too bad neither of them were willing to risk fighting to the death. It was basically just a teaser. Both hoping that they won the fight quick, but not willing to go the distance in case they are evenly matched, which they were.

Boris
He got beat down.

((The_Anomaly))
well...as to yoda being stronger...im not so sure, they are at least equal...

but yea, i mean, palpatine knows how strong yoda is, and that there is a chance he would lose, so why risk it, thats why he tried to run, better to escape and have vader etc. at ur side...

although i still say palpatine would have won the fight eventually....the dark side IS stronger....

Lord_Windu
I would say Palps and Yoda are about equal as well. btw Vanquish pretty much nailed everything, well said.

Vanquish
How can you say the Dark side IS stronger? Look at the dark side users. Maul got rocked like a little ***** by a padawan. Dooku got owned by Anakin, and then a Jedi beat up Anakin, proving that once again, Jedi Obi is a bad ass mother fuker. Windu beat up on palps (or maybe not if you think he was just playing)

So if Yoda is equal to palps
Obi is stronger then Anakin, and Anakin beat Dooku
Obi is stronger then Maul

Please explain to me why you think the Dark side IS stronger? It seems to me that Yoda and Obi are every bit as strong, if not stronger then Palps and Anakin. A two on two would probably go in favour of the jedi. Obi beats Anakin again, and then he helps Yoda take down Palps. Only reason that didn't happen, is because Palps and Vader WOULD NEVER go into a two on two with the Jedi. They know they would lose.

Jedi win... smile

Darth Plagueis
I won't say that the dark side is more powerful, per se, but looking at your reasoning it occurs to me that 2 Sith die during the prequels (a roughly13 year period) compared to THOUSANDS of Jedi, ALL force users.....
hmmmmmm......

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Vanquish
Of course he was going to try to run. His plan was years in the making, and he finally converted a powerful apprentice, and he has supreme powers over the galaxy. He isn't about to risk all that in a fight with the strongest Jedi in 1000 years, maybe ever. He wanted to run, but Yoda stopped him. If yoda didn't stop him and at least try to fight, Palps would have had the entire republic army and Vader to protect him for the rest of his life. At that moment when Yoda walked into the room, was Palpys most vulnerable point in his life. He is exposed, and he is alone.

This is of course also why Yoda had to retreat after that fall he took. He probably could have made his way back up to palps, but he also could not risk dying, because he is basically the last hope for the Jedi. Neither one of them could risk dying. But at least Yoda stepped up and instigated the fight.

Good thing Yoda has balls, or that duel would not have happened at all. Palps fought pretty well not to die, but Yoda got the better of him forsure. Too bad neither of them were willing to risk fighting to the death. It was basically just a teaser. Both hoping that they won the fight quick, but not willing to go the distance in case they are evenly matched, which they were.

True,

Wanderer259
The Dark Side isn't more powerful per se, but it is a faster route in achieving strength. It's also "more powerful" in a fight because it focuses on combat, whereas the Light Side advises defense only. And just because the Dark Side is "more powerful" doesn't mean its user is more skilled. Obi-Wan proved that.

Jedi Styles
I think it's how the force is used determines your power...

The dark side is corrupt, and they want to gain power quickley... Jedis do things right and take thier time if they want to achieve full potential... Now as far as running away.. I'd run too if I had to face Yoda, wouldn't you?

I mean Sidious can feel his strenght in the force, so if he's got all he's wanted why loose it all by dying to a little green jedi... I wouldn't risk my empire to that... Would you? So therefore, I'd run like hell.

((The_Anomaly))
lucas has said "the darkside IS stronger" but....the problem is that the darkside leads to self destruction...

hence, the sith we know, and why the sith rule of 2 was initially developed...

however, u might gain more power, but you also gain arrogance ie. maul vs obi-wan, and especially anakin vs obi wan proves this...

((The_Anomaly))
meaning that the light side will always come out on top, because the do not kill themselves, and they are not as arrogant...and stupid...in the sense that they would try what anakin tried, because of their lust for power (even tho the jedi are pretty arrogant and stupid, mace is a prime example of this)

Vanquish
Darth_Plagueis, have you even seen the movies? smile

You say that thousands of Jedi's died, but only two sith right? First off, how many of those Jedi's died by a lightsaber in a fair fight? You of course can't count the order 66 deaths, because Sith or Jedi would have died under the same conditions so those are mute. You also can't count Windu or Palps eventual death, because they were both blindsided. So that leaves what?

Maul, Dooku, Anakin, Vader, and Palps on the Sith team.
Qui gon, Obi wan, Yoda, Windu, and the three tools that went with windu to arrest palps for the Jedi team.

So of all those siths, Maul and dooku actually die by a Jedi's hand. Vader and dark side anakin get beat by a Jedi's hand. So basically 4 loses.

Of all the Jedi's, Qui gon and the three useless pieces of crap get killed by a Sith Lord. I shouldn't, because they were too young, but just to help out your argument, we can also say that AOTC obi wan and Anakin lose to Dooku. So that would be 6 loses for the Jedi's, even though only Qui gons was considered a straight up loss. Two young jedi's lost to a very old and strong Sith, and three useless Jedi's lost to a Sith Lord. Big deal.

From my count, it's basically even. Jedi's and Siths have proven that when they get that strong, they are EQUAL in power. Yoda, Obi wan, Windu, Palps, Anakin, Qui gon, Maul, Dooku, they are all very powerful. I certainly can't see your argument for saying the dark side is stronger.

The only reason it appears that way, is because there are only two siths at any one time. And they have never fought anytime out of their absolute peak. The Jedi's however have been shown to fight as padawans and young Jedi Knights and still do ok. By the time they are at full potential, they start to beat the Siths. Light and dark are equal...

Darth Plagueis
Darth_Plagueis, have you even seen the movies? smile

You say that thousands of Jedi's died, but only two sith right? First off, how many of those Jedi's died by a lightsaber in a fair fight? You of course can't count the order 66 deaths, because Sith or Jedi would have died under the same conditions so those are mute. You also can't count Windu or Palps eventual death, because they were both blindsided. So that leaves what?

Maul, Dooku, Anakin, Vader, and Palps on the Sith team.
Qui gon, Obi wan, Yoda, Windu, and the three tools that went with windu to arrest palps for the Jedi team.

So of all those siths, Maul and dooku actually die by a Jedi's hand. Vader and dark side anakin get beat by a Jedi's hand. So basically 4 loses.

Of all the Jedi's, Qui gon and the three useless pieces of crap get killed by a Sith Lord. I shouldn't, because they were too young, but just to help out your argument, we can also say that AOTC obi wan and Anakin lose to Dooku. So that would be 6 loses for the Jedi's, even though only Qui gons was considered a straight up loss. Two young jedi's lost to a very old and strong Sith, and three useless Jedi's lost to a Sith Lord. Big deal.

From my count, it's basically even. Jedi's and Siths have proven that when they get that strong, they are EQUAL in power. Yoda, Obi wan, Windu, Palps, Anakin, Qui gon, Maul, Dooku, they are all very powerful. I certainly can't see your argument for saying the dark side is stronger.

The only reason it appears that way, is because there are only two siths at any one time. And they have never fought anytime out of their absolute peak. The Jedi's however have been shown to fight as padawans and young Jedi Knights and still do ok. By the time they are at full potential, they start to beat the Siths. Light and dark are equal... You count funny. Must be public schooling...ah well...

The reason all those Jedi died in "fair fights" and what not, were ALL engineered by Sids....and then I "can't count" order 66...???!!!!

meh.....

green dude
Yoda would win the Sith is weaker than Dukoo he was trained by Yoda and put up a better fight and the darkside stronger yeah sure bad guys only last one episode in these movies or 2 episodes seriously good side is better Dark kinda suck either way you lose Light and dark are not equal they are like a mirror reflections the oppsites good stronger bad is stronge but not as strong as good they will never be equal if that were so the world would be a mess silly people :P

kremzike

Why do you count Vader and Dark Side Anakin as two people? Same guy. Same scene. Same defeat. Counts as one. Or are you counting Luke Vs. Vader here as well? Cause that's his only other "defeat", though Luke didn't kill him.

I'd also say that Saesee Tinn, Agen Kolar and Kit Fisto are not pieces of shit. They're Jedi Masters, just like Mace, Yoda and Obi-Wan. While I stand by my statement that Mace might as well have gone alone to arrest Palpatine, that's not a knock on them, really. It's a compliment to Sidious.

I'm not disputing anything else you said, though.

nano_probex
If Palpatine was running, why Did he say 'Oh Ive been waiting for this for a LONG time my little green friend' and then laugh. Why do this and then attempt to run? Perhaps he knew Yoda would follow and he would battle elsewhere but when blocked he had to fight in the office so he did and he basically Kicked ass, especially when it came to going into the Senate Chamber thingy lol big grin

kenobi2004
No,i think when he said "my little green friend" and that he has been waiting for this too long ,he thouht yoda lost the duel when he fall..so sidious was going towards him to finish him since he is helpless and can'r defend himself because of the electric shock he got...but when yoda stood back and used the force to kick palpy a**,then he thought i'm not strong enough for this little green thing...lol.only my point of view,anyone agree??

orkaz
look m8, palps was a useless peice of shit, the only reason he won was because he had the high ground and just constantly lauched those seating things at yoda... if it were a stand up fight with no enviroment yoda would of killed palps like that... he did win the lightning battle even when he was caught off gaurd, bottom line is palps sucks and yoda was the most powerful jedi EVER dont even get me started on mace windu he was a heep!

DeVi| D0do
hahaha... high ground.

that's funny shit right there.

laughing

blink

kenobi2004
It actualy makes sense to me...High ground..never thought of it this way.Yes i know yoda is more powerful you can even see this at his eyes when palps started the lightning that yoda was not scared but he used his full power to make it's effect less and the impact equal on both of them.And then also yoda managed to escape several seats coming towards him while controlling his lightsaber technique unlike sidious lowered his lightsaber and started using the seats to keep yoda as far as possible......man yoda is the man in this episode

masterwindu
How can you say the Dark side IS stronger? Look at the dark side users. Maul got rocked like a little ***** by a padawan. Dooku got owned by Anakin, and then a Jedi beat up Anakin, proving that once again, Jedi Obi is a bad ass mother fuker. Windu beat up on palps (or maybe not if you think he was just playing)

Please explain to me why you think the Dark side IS stronger? It seems to me that Yoda and Obi are every bit as strong, if not stronger then Palps and Anakin. A two on two would probably go in favour of the jedi. Obi beats Anakin again, and then he helps Yoda take down Palps. Only reason that didn't happen, is because Palps and Vader WOULD NEVER go into a two on two with the Jedi. They know they would lose.

Jedi win... smile so if mace owned palps and yoda was equal to him, doesnt that make mace stonger? shifty

orkaz
well thats the debate there int it, i personally think palps was puttin it on, i think he was possibly beaten in the lightsaber duel, but u must remember, palps was very cunning, he was always goin on about how he had forseen things in episodes 4, 5, and 6 so isnt it possible he knew anikin was cumming thus lost purposly in the duel then wanted it to luk altought he had been unfairly treated with a lightsaber at his throat when anikin just arrived, therefore anikin see's it as papls has been bullied! but when in actualy fact palps is puttin it on...?

p.s yoda was roughly what? 789 or summit in this film...imagine yoda in his prime, wow! nout cud touch him!

Darth Luke

Jedi win... smile

whats weird is that:

Anakin can beat dooku
Obi is stronger than Anakin
Obi should be able to beat Dooku, but he doesnt

The Dark Side may not be stronger but they can still make great plans eg Palps with his empire idea from the start

and the Jedi can'teven realise that palpatinewas the sith lord stick out tongue

orkaz
its weird int it, if we saw the prequels first that wudda been a gud twist palps bin the sith lord coz non of us wud of knew! but then we wudnt of had the darth bein lukes father twist... intresting int it. i think obi wan only beat anikan beacause of his arrogance...

Darth_Rankkor
Can't you all see that the way that Palp fought is the way of the sith? Some difference about technic but they deceive and cheat. Palpatine would not lose. At the most, they were both equal in capabilities. The match was a draw.

orkaz
hmmmm a think if the fight had been elsewhere yoda would of won! hands down

Vanquish
NO, it doesn't smile

The only reason Windu did better vs Palps then Yoda did, is because of his Vapaad. It is perfectly suited to fighting against dark Jedi's and Siths. Too bad the first time he actually got to use it vs a Sith, he got screwed over by Anakin before he could take his victory.

Anyway, Windu was very strong vs palps because of vapaad, but if he were to fight Yoda, his vapaad wouldn't do anything. Yoda would hand Windu his ass forsure. Yoda is faster and better with a saber, and much stronger with the force. Hands down, ass whooping.

green dude
Palps is coward bad guys are cowards he uses force lightning against Yoda he's down and acts like he's won Sidious:"Ive been waiting for this for a LONG time my little green friend" Yoda gets up Sidious runs for the door Yoda:" if so powerful you are why leave" and Yoda kicks his butt but they had to leave.

But Obi-wan and Yoda are stronger than Ani and Palps it show in the movie Yoda's wining same with Obi-wan he like Sidious he had his enimey down and defenceless but he didn't finish it he is not like Palps and thats good. big grin

kezm
going back to an earler point vader and dark anakin have to be taken as 2 seperate things if you read the book it does say that as vader anakin has lost a lot of his power simply because theres not a lot of him left

darthhova
i like the dark side...but they all get killed pretty easily, palpy gets thrown, maul gets stabbed, and dooku lasted like 2 minutes, so i would have to say, even though i don't like it, but the jedi are stronger, or at least more patient when fighting.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by darthhova
i like the dark side...but they all get killed pretty easily, palpy gets thrown, maul gets stabbed, and dooku lasted like 2 minutes, so i would have to say, even though i don't like it, but the jedi are stronger, or at least more patient when fighting.

Lol, Dooku lasted a little longer though.

The Jedi and sith both get killed easy

Pogel
If Yoda hadn't said: "Don't you run!", it never looked like he was going to run.
Yoda fooled you all!
Plus, he crawled away like a coward! What a role-model! The true hero of the Story is the Emperor, who showed the audience finally that the Dark Side is stronger. (Fair or not: The Jedi DIDN'T manage to elimate 2 (!) Sith for 1000 years, but 2 Sith destroyed 1000s of Jedi in 13 years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.