Not enough Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kegs202
I know it maybe wouldn't have went with the flow of the movie but my only gripe with it is not enough of Vader with the suit. Even just a few more lines a few more of those vader poses moments....Ah well maybe the deleted scenes on Dvd.

deaconbluez
Yes I was hoping to see an actual saber fight with him in the suit. But that may not have gone too well. IMDB.com reported that Lucas INTENTIONALLY made the suit top heavy so Anakin would appear to be somewhat awkward in it. I thought that came through well in the film.

kegs202
I kinda knew there would be no saber fight but I was hoping for more than we got.

TheFilmProphet
I was honestly expecting more dialogue than what Vader had.

deaconbluez
Yeah James Earl Jones must have seen the script and said, "thats it?"

kegs202
Has it been confirmed that it was JEJ doing the voice..I'm not really sure it sounded kinda like him but.........

deaconbluez
Yes definately him.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by deaconbluez
Yeah James Earl Jones must have seen the script and said, "thats it?"

If it were me, I would probably feel a bit insulted.

lincoln86323
Is there an audio clip of the lines he delivered in ROTS, for comparison to the earlier films?

supercybergeek
yeah vadar is wayyyyy more interesting than anakin

Boris
There are three movie's full of Vader, I would have liked to have seen more of Vader before the suit; fighting Jedi in the temple.. etc..

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Boris
There are three movie's full of Vader,

Yeah 20+ years ago, we only wanted to see at least 17 minutes worth of Vader in ROTS with enough dialogue.

Boris
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
At least 17 minutes

Very specific.... laughing

Nevermind
I was hoping to See more Vader in the suit, I knew I wasn't going to get anymore than we did, And I knew a Saber fight would have been out of the question as soon as I saw the Trailer. That would have been awesome to see him fight though. What was with the Lame Vader Dialogue? 'NOOOO!!!!' Sure the guys old granted but if your going to do the voice do it right, James Earl Jones let me down this time.

supercybergeek
it's lucas who writes the lines. If it was up to james earl jones he would have said "this is cnn" or "come symba"

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Boris
Very specific.... laughing

Hilarious......I'm sure. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anything more than 10 minutes would be fine.

Reverand89
i would have loved to see him fight but i guess lucas has to piss me off again.

Dark hoser
I would of liked to see more of vadar. he's a much better char than anakin

Lazerlike42
More people must begin to understand that the Vader from Episode 3 is a totally different character from the Vader of 4,5, and 6. Vader in 3 is nothing more than a scared, broken teenager who is in too deep and has resigned himself to his fate. It isn't until 20 years of hardening have occured that Vader becomes the evil, methodical, and mature character we know and love from 4, 5, and 6.

The truth is that the reason Star Wars is so great is because in 1973 when it all started, Lucas went out of his way to make sure it was HIS movie, following HIS vision, and that nobody else got any say in it at all. If it were anybody else, the studio would have changed things left and right from what he wanted and we would not have had Star Wars. His greatest assest is his stubborness and refusal to give in to anyone. He made Episodes 1, 2, and 3 the same way, except this time the studio wasn't giving him any trouble it was the fans. While he cares about the fans, he doesn't care what the fans <i>think</i>, and he stuck to HIS story, which is exactly what he should have done.

vader519
I agree with you lazerlike42, Vader is nothing more than a crippled man now. There is o way he can fight at all because he has to get use to the suit. I was very happy with what we saw. The movie is about Anakin during to the darkside and becoming Darth Vader and how he ended up in the suit, not about Vader fighting.

Yuxa
this is dumb! Vader=anakin so what do you mean there wasnt enough vader? confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.