NJO Luke - Powerful?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wanderer259
I haven't read any of the NJO books. Can everyone in the know leave some examples of what makes NJO so freakin' awesome for all of us who don't really know?

Darth_Glentract
Well in one instance he controls gravity with his mind.

TraptUnderIce
The enemies in NJO can' t be felt through the force and they are extremely hardcore awesome. They are big, strong warriors that just like to kill and conquer. It's interesting to see how the Jedi at first are scrambling but come together and learn to fight them. Luke doesn't fight too much in these but when he does I think he beats the Vong, bad guys, really bad.

Ex: Han's son Jacen gets captured and before anyone had a real strategy to fight the Vong Luke walks in and hacks two of them up.

Darth_Glentract
Ya, Luke is a bad mofo in the NJO. He just walked in and killed a thousand people in one part, then killed the superbad guy.

Renegade_Jedi
No, Luke never affected Gravity with his mind, that was Jacen Solo, his kickass nephew, affecting Shimmra's Dovin Basils (Gravity Producing Vongforms) with his vongsense.

But other than that, the NJO series does reveal alot about Jacent and Luke. At the end of Unifying Force, Jacen goes into this "trance" thing when he learns basically the secrets of the force, and is now some sort of uber-healer.

ImmortalOne
Jedi Healer that is.....

Well Luke...... He is jut FREAKIN STRONG

Fishy
But what has he done then?

Sith Follower
Renegade, Jacen's power has gone. He had that brief moment where he was practically a god, but after that, he lost his grip on it. He's still hardcore, but it said he would never achieve that power again.

Luke did some badass stuff. I can't remember any of it in detail, though. The New Jedi Order isn't my favorite series.

starwarsfreak34
the best thing about the NJO is that we learn the true nature of the FOrce--there is NO dark or light side. also this is sort of going to continue well into the next series. here is my top ten fav things about the NJO:

Anakin Solo
Jacen Solo
Star by Star
Anakin's Death (not in a nasty way because it is so f***ing awesome and i always cry when readin it.)
Vergere and her multiple defections and dubious/ambiguous nature
Traitor
The spectacular Battle for Coruscant (Star by Star and UF)
The Anakin/Jacen/Luke/Kyp Force pole thing (Edge of Victory)
Anakin and Tahiri relationship
The Chiss

this isn't in order of liking, just the top ten abosoloute best stuff

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by Sith Follower
Renegade, Jacen's power has gone. He had that brief moment where he was practically a god, but after that, he lost his grip on it. He's still hardcore, but it said he would never achieve that power again.

Luke did some badass stuff. I can't remember any of it in detail, though. The New Jedi Order isn't my favorite series.

it actually said that he knew he would never achieve that power again. think of it a neo not accepting he is the chosen one in the matrix. he wasn't the chosen one until he believed it himself and accepted he was, and the same for Rand al'Thor in the wheel of time.
the idea in jacen's case is that you just can't try to connect to the unifying force, you just DO through your sub-concious mind. everything was happening so fast and furious that jacen didn't have time to think. he just acted.
personally i believe that the more each jedi achieves this, the easier it becomes.

Fishy
But what has NJO Luke done?

starwarsfreak34
luke fought supreme overlord shimra. fought at the battle of coruscant where is was in his element after feeling anakin's death through the force which was really upsetting (luke even proceeded to smash a consol to bits with the butt of his lightsabre). oh, and he was also the one who laid down the perfect terms for the surrender of the yuuzhan vong, thus finding a semi-peaceful solution

Fishy
So he slaughtered his way threw a lot of Vong and killed the supreme overlord, basically something impressive but how does that make him god?

Boris
Examples people.. we need examples! stick out tongue

Darth Plagues
What do you mean "What has he done?" He saved the galaxy from being conquerored by Yuuzhan Vong, which destroyed the Jedi Academy and was able to make the Yuuzhan Vong surrender. Thats what he did.

Read and comfirm it yourself...reading

Fishy
Yeah okay, but how is that impressive? Revan defeated the Mandelorians and made them surrender without terms...

It may sound good, but its not really a concrete example

Darth Plagues
The Mandilorians cannot match up against the Yuuzhan Vong. They are creatures that are not even connected to the Force, invaders that come from out of the galaxy with abilities and technology that would make the Mandilorians extinct within days(Yuuzhan Vong are rocket lanchers and the Mandilorians are the flies...they would be over killed) The Yuuzhan Vong were even able to invade Courscant. So Revan defeated the Mandilorians...BIG DEAL...Luke Skywalker could have done the same thing, but he did somthing even better. He destroyed the Yuuzhan Vong by the thousands in a battle, and even destroyed a repectable Yuuzhan Vong leader.

Read to confirm it yourself... reading

Fishy
Thats really not the point, and that whole not connected to the force thing, thats just bullshit and actually makes it none cannon because it contradicts the movies smile

But besides the point, Revan made a weakened Republic that was about to colapse able to defeat an enemy nobody thought they could beat. Luke did roughly the same thing, so why would Luke be better? How about some concrete arguments about why he is so great... He killed a respectable Yuzhan Vong leader. Yeah...

Revan beat the greatest Echani fighter, Mandalore and Malak... Concrete examples are not just stating he killed some people how about a quote from the book that shows us how powerful these guys were and why NJO Luke became god by killing them

Darth Plagues
So Darth Revan almost took over the Republic...BIG DEAL...The Yuuzhan Vong did, and had full control over Courscant. Luke Skywalker slain thousands of theses warriors and their Supreme leader, forcing them into a surrender. These warriors are not connected to the Force, which gives them an advantage over the Jedi and this does not contridict with the movies. The NJO bookline was given permission to be written by George Lucas himself, and the characters of Star Wars had no knowledge of the Yuuzhan Vong, so they were correct from their point of view about the Force is created by all living things. So Fishy silence your ignorance...you have no idea of the matter and havn't read one NJO book, so stop wasting my time with your arguments.

Fishy
"all things are connected by the force. Between you and me, between the rock and tree, even between the plane and land" - Yoda or something like that.

All things, it does contradict with the movies with that... But killing thousands does not make you god. Exar Kun faced 10.000 Jedi at the end of his life and managed to shake them up quite badly... He isn't seen as god.

HimoKun
Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
the best thing about the NJO is that we learn the true nature of the FOrce--there is NO dark or light side. also this is sort of going to continue well into the next series. here is my top ten fav things about the NJO:

Anakin Solo
Jacen Solo
Star by Star
Anakin's Death (not in a nasty way because it is so f***ing awesome and i always cry when readin it.)
Vergere and her multiple defections and dubious/ambiguous nature
Traitor
The spectacular Battle for Coruscant (Star by Star and UF)
The Anakin/Jacen/Luke/Kyp Force pole thing (Edge of Victory)
Anakin and Tahiri relationship
The Chiss

this isn't in order of liking, just the top ten abosoloute best stuff

Um, the part about nodark side and no light side, contradicts with the Lucas' whole image of Star Wars man.

TraptUnderIce
Originally posted by HimoKun
Um, the part about nodark side and no light side, contradicts with the Lucas' whole image of Star Wars man.

Outdated Image. eek!

It was a different story than originals. They fought people from OUTSIDE the original galaxy and no one other than the Emperor knew about them. Just because Yoda never met them doesn't mean that they don't exist. That's like bitching because they made a new flavor of ice cream.

Darth Plagues
Yes, but Exar Kun fled from the Jedi and suck the life force out of the Massassi Warriors, not very brave, which is why he's not seen as a god. Also no one said Luke was a god, I don't know where your getting this stuff. Luke is just a very powerful Jedi Master...possibly the strongest ever, however this does not make him a god.

ImmortalOne
NJO Luke is NOT a GOD !!!
THe GOd iN The StaR warS UnivERsE is GEORGE LUCAS !!!

He is just the STRONGEST CHARACTER second to GOD (GL)

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by Fishy
"all things are connected by the force. Between you and me, between the rock and tree, even between the plane and land" - Yoda or something like that.

All things, it does contradict with the movies with that... But killing thousands does not make you god. Exar Kun faced 10.000 Jedi at the end of his life and managed to shake them up quite badly... He isn't seen as god.

in actual fact it doesn't contraidct the movies at all. the vong WERE part of the force. the problem was that the Jedi lacked the ability to sense them because of (i) the force was stripped from the vong in retribution for their crimes or war (before invading the SW galaxy) and (ii) the Jedi had their own limits which they needed to surpass--which jacen did (and anakin in a way) which allowed him to sense the vong.

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by HimoKun

it depends on your point of view. some would say that GL meant for things to come to this because it progresses the star wars story. and its true because its what you use the force that counts. the Force cant take sides because its not something tangible

starwarsfreak34
ImmortalONe--i agree GL IS god. luke isn't. i don't like him enough personally to believe he is a god in the NJO (ganner rhysode on the other hand, maybe). but to be honest luke just kicks shit in the NJO

Jack Daniels
okay these are things said that supposedly came from books and comics....(EU)Luke can fall from space to a planet THROUGH an atmosphere and land unharmed. As I understand he doesnt need to breathe either to live. He indulged in the darkside and came back to light side no sweat. He can prevent a star destroyer from blowing up... None else can control the force like him or has ever shown abilities such as his in the EU....that im aware of...I personally have not read all these things (some but some comes from other forums who have covered this same issue before "what makes Luke so badass"....anyone to back this up or slam it go fer it...but if the above is all true....There is more but I think those are enough examples to prove hes the baddest ass jedi master ever....Falling from space to a planets surface unscaithed just takes the cake...

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by TraptUnderIce
Outdated Image. eek!

It was a different story than originals. They fought people from OUTSIDE the original galaxy and no one other than the Emperor knew about them. Just because Yoda never met them doesn't mean that they don't exist. That's like bitching because they made a new flavor of ice cream.

actually obi-wan and anakin did know about the vong, as did tarkin. but they knew them as the far outsiders, not the yuuzhan vong

Taopin
wow, finally some peeps who have read NJO, ok, first, "He indulged in the darkside and came back to light side no sweat." he said him self to kyp that it was hard, took time, and the love of friends and family, as for the atmosphere thing, i only know of once, and that was being incerted into coruscant after the fall to the vong, the other stuff ive never heard of,
on to the y luke is so awesome!! <first id like to say that anakin is my fav in this series and i was majorly ticked when he died> ok, u want to know why beating the vong was so hard? its because they walked through everything the NR could throw at them, literally, they just walked right through it, sure it took its toll on them, but the tech. of the vong was something the NR had never seen, whereas the vong knew of machines and how to break them, so basically u had guys throwing rocks <the NR> at peeps in tanks <the vong> now, luke doesnt like fighting if he can help it, but when he finally steps into the ring, well, the whole situation switches, he is the tank launghing nukes at the guys throwing rocks at the giant missles falling from the sky
examples, hmmm, give me a second, odviously they have mentioned when jacen was captured, and if im not mistaken, he was the first one to kill a vong <on Belkadan> they mentioned the killing of the thousands, as well as killing the head boss dude who you have to read about to truly understand that accomplishment
Luke truly is awesome in this series, but lets not forget the others, imagine if Anakin had lived, in one book someone mentions that they believed anakin was close to figuring out the vong/force connection, and he was just a kid! Luke didnt get that until much later, Jacen was also amazing, with vergere <thats prob spelled wrong but im tired> help, he created a Vong sence as well as a totally new understanding of the force <yes, thats right kiddies, there is NO DARK OR LIGHT, think about it, the force is universal, all encircling, everything is in it (yup, the vong where in it once too, and i believe still are, cause if i recall right, the whole thing about the force bein taken from them was just a theory) and if everything is in it, dark and light, then it cant be either or, its like time, time is simply how humans percieve change, we must also look at dark and light as percieving how people behave in accordance to a universel set of rules <which i believe are universal cause they where set down by the REAL GOD when he created us> we see how someone uses the force and then compare that USE to the rules to decide if the action was dark or light>
Neway, if this wasnt a forum and if i didnt have work tomorrow, i could go on and on in a debate about the force and etc......but i like the NJO alot, its a good series, read it!!

AYHJA
In his own words

Luke is named after Lucas...Therefore, at least theoretically, Luke is the most powerful SW character ever, if but on a subconscious level...

Revan Darkstar
1) Luke was able to charge through the entire Yuuzhan Vong HQ, basically on his own (yes Jacen and Jaina were with him, but it says in TUF that they did almost no work). Since this is the place where the YV leader is, there would be thousands of Vong, maybe even 10 000 or more, yet Luke wasted them all.

2) After doing that, he faced off against 7 or 8 slayers, can't remember which, either way it is impressive, Kyp who is supposedly very powerful could not even take one and he landed dozens of hits. Yet Luke was able to kill them with one hit, that means he is either exceptionally strong, or he was powering his weapon with the force.

3) Then he defeated the Supreme Overlord, who on his own would be a match for many jedi.

4) In the final YV battle, Luke used an unknown power, to instantly kill a slayer. It is described as being like green sparks (so maybe force lightning). Jaina also describes him as being like the centre of the force. The force flowing through him, he was like a malestrom of force energy, unstoppable. Jaina also described him as being calm and focused, and his blade with like 10 or 20, all moving at the same time, with one purpose.

5) Luke was also able to manipulate black holes and gravity.

6) Luke was also able to knock down AT-AT's like they were nothing, he could also destroy entire armies with the force.

7) In the Black Fleet Crisis, Luke removed an entire planet from view using the force, he said it should last indefinently. He was also able to make himself invisible and unable to be sensed through the force. Also in the Black Fleet Crisis Luke rebuilt Vader's old fortress, he also made it invisible. He did all this with out being sensed through the force, and this is on Courscant.

8) Luke also trained underneath the clone emperor, so he would know about the sith as well as the jedi. Luke also defeated the Emperor's force storm, which was massive and able to destroy ships.

9) After defeating the clone emperor, Luke discovered an ancient jedi library, with long forgotten knowledge. Luke also didn't restrict his knowledge to just the jedi, he hunted all over the galaxy, searching for knowledge and power from everyone he met. Luke also learned under the emperor and used the emperors library (which contains sith knowledge from over 1000 years).

10) Finally, Luke deflected the emperors lightning for a bit in RotJ (special edition book and script), this was the first time he had ever seen this power so the fact that he could deflect it for a bit when it was the first time he had ever seen it is very impressive. Even more so when you consider that Yoda even had some trouble deflecting it in RotS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.