Enough about Sid and Yoda...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Styles
From what it looked like in the movie it was a stalemate... Battle wise... Can we end the argument?

DeVi| D0do
Yes.

Darth Plagueis
I buy a stalemate.

((The_Anomaly))
i think yes, it kinda was, but yoda lost...

even in a fight of 2 equals, someone has to win, and it ended up that palpatine won this time...

Jedi Styles
^

Sorry, your reply does not count in this thread... Therefore it's a stalemate... No winner, No Loser...

Have a nice day.

Jedi Styles
You can't say it was a stalemate and then say yoda lost....

DeVi| D0do
Do we really need to be discussing this is another thread?

Seriously, I'm gonna leave this place if this shit doesn't stop.

green dude
Yoda wins in the end good wins thats the end of story ok smile

((The_Anomaly))
yea i can say it is, perhaps you didnt understand me, yoda and palps are equal in power, but yoda still lost....

and who are you to say what i can and cannot say, go home...damn noobs...

Jedi Styles
Thread is pointless.... lol

kremzike
Originally posted by Jedi Styles
Thread is pointless.... lol

Exactly. The debate won't stop when people keep starting threads about it, even if the thread is started to end the argument... which is a baffling move, I must say.

Robin Darkside
Yoda lost, he said it himself, he failed

chilled monkey
Only because the troops showed up so the fight couldn't go on.

Stalemate sounds right.

Xam
can we please stop these pointless stupid threads...we got 100000 of them

The Unknown
But didn't Yoda only lose because he couldn't grab onto anything after the explosion? Palpatine managed to stay on the floating thing while Yoda couldn't and fell all the way to the ground and got hurt.

astrofan428
^^^

Yeah Yoda only has tiny baby hands, which only have 3 fingers. Plus he is easier to throw around.

But for the millionth time, DRAW.

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
i think yes, it kinda was, but yoda lost...

even in a fight of 2 equals, someone has to win, and it ended up that palpatine won this time...

Stalemate.

In the 2003-2004 NHL season, there were exactly 73 instances when two opponents battled and neither achieved victory.

The Unknown
Originally posted by astrofan428
^^^

Yeah Yoda only has tiny baby hands, which only have 3 fingers. Plus he is easier to throw around.

But for the millionth time, DRAW.

Yeah, I agree it was a draw. I was just pointing out that Palpatine never really won.

astrofan428
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
Stalemate.

In the 2003-2004 NHL season, there were exactly 73 instances when two opponents battled and neither achieved victory.

You and hockey. stick out tongue

Stunrun
Originally posted by Jedi Styles
^

Sorry, your reply does not count in this thread... Therefore it's a stalemate... No winner, No Loser...

Have a nice day.

Actually we're entitled to our own opinions. Some people will say Yoda, some will say Sidious, some will say it was a draw. Who cares! deal with it!

Lazerlike42
You and hockey. stick out tongue

lol it's unfortunately really the only sport that has ties so it's all I can reference (well other than soccer)

plus hockey is cool hockey

Sesse
The winner is simpple to find out.

What did Yoda want from that fight?
What did Sidious want from that fight?

Yoda wanted to kill Sidious. Sidious wanted to stay alive. Sidious won, Yoda lost.

astrofan428
Originally posted by Sesse
The winner is simpple to find out.

What did Yoda want from that fight?
What did Sidious want from that fight?

Yoda wanted to kill Sidious. Sidious wanted to stay alive. Sidious won, Yoda lost.

Sidious wanted to kill Yoda, he had awaited along time remember.

And there are ties in the NFL, not many.

Lazerlike42
Sidious wanted Yoda dead. He did not begin the fight with the intention of fighthing, but as it carried on it is very obvious Sidious wanted Yoda dead. He did NOT simply want to stay alive. He had PLENTY of oppurtunities to escape during the duel, but he did not. He was the more aggressive of the two combatants, and was more offensive, attacking more. To say he wanted only to stay alive is fallacious.

In my book, Sidious lost the second he tried to run away. Opponents argue that it doesn't matter because once he started the fight his actions are what matter, not his initial retreat. If this is the case, then we must accept that once his route was blocked, Sidious changed his goal from escape to killing Yoda, and he did not succede and it is a stalemate, with neither party achieving success. If this is not the case than Sidious lost by running away at the beginning, as I would argue.

Lazerlike42
Sidious wanted to kill Yoda, he had awaited along time remember.

And there are ties in the NFL, not many.

That is correct lol... the "not many" part is the reason I didn't mention it.

astrofan428
From one of the other threads on the subject. stick out tongue

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1F6SS8AOV2DAF21XLQB5LTLH3Z

To me that clearly screams draw, had Yoda's saber not been fried the fight would have continued.

Lazerlike42
Yeah the look in Yoda's eyes says it all, he says "oh I've got you know!"

newjak86
"I think Yoda clearly was better. You saw it through out the fight. In the lightsaber fight yoda is clearly the aggressor while Palps is simply to trying to stay alive. So then Palps moves the fight to long range where he thinks he has a possible advantage. Now yoda catches a pod thrown by Palps then throws it back at him. Instead of Palps catching it he has to move making me think he thought he couldn't stop it. Next Yoda tries to get close to him again then Palps hits him with all the force lighting that he gots, but yoda throws it back at him but yoda looses his balance and takes the worst fall of the two. Now Yoda's lightsaber is broken and he hears troops coming. Infact palp's sends other people to go find him not himself. What I think happened was Yoda knew he was stronger and went to fight Palps and gain a quick kill.
This is obviously when Palps would be at his least guarded, but Plaps did just enough to stay off Yoda till reinforcements arrived. Yoda his lightsaber was destroyed and that even though he would probaly win a solo fight eventually his window of oppurtunity had closed. Now he would have to fight Palps+an army w/o a lightsaber so he had to flee realizing he couldn't fulfill his mission. No doubt Yoda>Palps"
This is what I posted in another thread and I could post it here too face it guys no matter what you say everyone has their takes on the fight and it isn't going to change.

Lazerlike42
I agree with the substance of your assesment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.