Phantom Menace Problem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whirlysplat
I do have one problem with SW...

...and as you might've guessed it has to do with the Phantom Menace. Actually, not mine but the girl's.

Hyperdrive puts the whole galaxy at your fingertips; it takes only a few hours if that to get from anywhere to anywhere. The Galactic Republic is an administrative union of something like thousands to millions of worlds? The Jedi Council seems to have a decent sized budget.

So why the hell didn't they go to Coruscant and then have somebody go out to Tatooine and buy Anakin's mother from Watou (sp?)? I mean Jesus Christ, there's got to be more than plenty in discretionary accounts to free the mother of the chosen one from a backwater parts dealer. C'mon. What the f88k?

Fishy
Attechment isn't allowed... Saving Anakin his mom would mean that they would favour Anakin and give him a chance to love something, something that he should not do. The Jedi should not care for her, not to mention that there are a lot of Jedi. You can't go and save every one of their parents just for the hell of it

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Fishy
Attechment isn't allowed... Saving Anakin his mom would mean that they would favour Anakin and give him a chance to love something, something that he should not do. The Jedi should not care for her, not to mention that there are a lot of Jedi. You can't go and save every one of their parents just for the hell of it sad

yerssot
why the heck do they have to buy his mother free?
it's not their job to go around and buy every slave and setting them free, their job is to listen to the senate and do what they ask...
if they don't ask them to free all the slaves, the jedi can't do it

whirlysplat
Heroic Regime confused
Originally posted by yerssot
why the heck do they have to buy his mother free?
it's not their job to go around and buy every slave and setting them free, their job is to listen to the senate and do what they ask...
if they don't ask them to free all the slaves, the jedi can't do it

roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
do you have something to say to my reply or are you just trying out smileys?

whirlysplat
Originally posted by yerssot
do you have something to say to my reply or are you just trying out smileys?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

green dude
Well they have to first get rid of Sith it's not safe to go with the Jedi she would be risking her life and they would have to protect her and it would interrut Anikans training and love life.

And he wouldn't have gone bad and no sequals so yeah and they have other buiness to take care of and Anikan could have gone back any time he wanted so yeah thats would be the answer to your question stick out tongue

darkperson
Originally posted by Fishy
Attechment isn't allowed... Saving Anakin his mom would mean that they would favour Anakin and give him a chance to love something, something that he should not do. The Jedi should not care for her, not to mention that there are a lot of Jedi. You can't go and save every one of their parents just for the hell of it

Attachment as in marrage. Jedi are allowed to love, haven't you seen the second movie....

God

darkperson
Originally posted by whirlysplat
I do have one problem with SW...

...and as you might've guessed it has to do with the Phantom Menace. Actually, not mine but the girl's.

Hyperdrive puts the whole galaxy at your fingertips; it takes only a few hours if that to get from anywhere to anywhere. The Galactic Republic is an administrative union of something like thousands to millions of worlds? The Jedi Council seems to have a decent sized budget.

So why the hell didn't they go to Coruscant and then have somebody go out to Tatooine and buy Anakin's mother from Watou (sp?)? I mean Jesus Christ, there's got to be more than plenty in discretionary accounts to free the mother of the chosen one from a backwater parts dealer. C'mon. What the f88k?

Republic credits don't work

QUI-GON: I have 20,000 Republic dataries.

WATTO: Republic credits?!? Republic credits are no good out here. I need something more real...

yerssot
Originally posted by darkperson
Attachment as in marrage. Jedi are allowed to love, haven't you seen the second movie....

God
love as in compassion, yes

green dude
you'r allowed to have feelings you just have to control them watch the movies I/II/III/IIII that would explian to you ok stick out tongue

archive monitor
didnt qui gon have a wife? i know, it should be in EU.

Andrew McLeod
Originally posted by green dude
I/II/III/IIII that would explian to you ok stick out tongue

Isn't it I/II/III/IV[/B}?

Anyhoo...when they take kids in for Jedi training they take them from their families. They don't allow any contact. I think it was in Star Wars KOTOR when they explained that...they are to leave their old lives behind no matter what.

yerssot
Originally posted by archive monitor
didnt qui gon have a wife? i know, it should be in EU.
I thought in EU Ki-Adi had a wife?

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by green dude
you'r allowed to have feelings you just have to control them watch the movies I/II/III/IIII that would explian to you ok stick out tongue

I/II/III/IV

anyways yes Ki Adi Mundi had 5 wives if im not mistaken.

henniestevens
you're not mistaken

darht dude
episode 1 SUCKS BIG TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
starwars

DeVi| D0do
Not as much as EPISODE II !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

amity75
I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that, after repeated viewing and 6 years to analyse it, I think that Episode I is the BEST Star Wars movie.

DeVi| D0do
eek!

Really? How so? I definitely think people don't give it as mocu credit as it deserves, but I'd definitely not call it the best Star Wars film...

blink

amity75
It's an incredible movie. One of my problems with the OT and the 2 other prequels in particular is that they seem "claustraphobic". You know you're just watching actors in a decorated studio. EPI just seems more "real" due to all the outdoor shots. I know this might not seem like much of a case but it also has much more depth than the other movies and in Liam Neeson it certainly has the best acting performance of the prequels. It's also got the best sabre fight, the best villain and the pod racing scene (Which bored me at first) is an amazing spectacle. Not forgetting the final battle on Naboo. It's a beautiful film and, in time, it will be much better received by everyone.

DeVi| D0do
I agree with pretty much everything you said. It does have a more 'open' feel. And one of the reasons I like this film is that it is shot on film not digital like the other prequels. Shooting on film, I think, gives it more realism.

What I don't dig much about it is how it is directed so much towards kids. It has many childish moments.

I don't care much for the pace of this film. At parts it is quite boring. The Pod Race is a real low point - it feels pointless, like it's there just for show, which it is really.

General Bondius

mauls_apprentic
darht dude yr a ****ing retard it rocks whistle

viking12344
I love TPM, it is the one I watch most often now.

matreid
Originally posted by mauls_apprentic
darht dude yr a ****ing retard it rocks whistle

Takes one to know one buddy...

amity75
It's a great film. Unlike II & III it takes it's time to tell the story. There's no sense of "Shit, let's explain the jedi ghosts and the twins etc before the 2 hours runs out". Possible faults? Maybe instead of the podrace they could have had a big chase scene with Darth Maul but that's about it. AND I found Jar Jar to be funny.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.