A perfect end to a perfect saga

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

benskywalker88
I've just seen ROTS again and Padme's funeral scene is so moving, it gets me every time sad. The music during it which is a variation on 'Qui-gon's funeral' is so poignant and sets the mood perfectly. The flute playing softly is a lovely touch and is almost representing the good still left in Anakin as the camera focuses on the jaipor snippet that he gave to her all those years ago on Tatooine. This film is so tradgic but it leaves us with a sense of hope with the constant use of the force theme at the end. And of course this follows on perfectly to Episode IV. Now I understand why all those scenes were cut out because the whole saga is about Anakin and this film needed to focus on his character which it did perfectly and has added so much more depth to that black armoured 'more machine than man' that is Vader who is now not only an intimidating character but also a tragic one and this changes the original trilogy completely in such a good way like the end battle between him and Luke, it's got so much more meaning now and ultimately we feel sorry for Vader and how 'he was deceived by a lie' and sold his soul to the devil to save the one he loved when ultimately it was he who caused her to give up on life. I have always loved Star Wars but although it's sad that it's over now, the saga is now complete and everything links up perfectly and like I said although it is the end of the Star Wars saga, it will live on forever in books, television, every type of media you can think of and of course in our hearts smile! May the force be with us, always!! :P

ShadowKing
For sure Ben..

Did you feel the funeral scene was too rushed....as if, I don't know, there should have been more of a procession to a tomb or a quick shot of whatever passes for a relegious service (no dialogue, just music)?

This is one of the few sore points for me about the movie (which I really enjoyed) and I think what kept it from being a total masterpiece. The ending editing was too sharp and abrupt, from Padme's funeral, to Vader/Emperor/Tarkin on the destroyer, to the unspoken hand-off of Luke on Tattoine. I just believe that in the hands of a more emotional oriented director, this could have been much more moving and powerful.

IMHO

benskywalker88
No I thought it worked really well having no dialogue and just the music, it made it more emotional for me. This always happens at the end of a Star wars film there is never any talking and I think it's great. The only reaosn the scenes are short is because Lucas needed to get in a lot of endings but I don't think the funeral scene needed to be any longer as it got the emotion across perfectly especially when the jaipor snippet is seen sad Music without dialogue is more poignant, like Order 66 which had the music in the forefront which made it so much more powerful.

ShadowKing
I agree...Order 66 was one of my favorite scenes (yay John Williams and the London Symphony Orchaestra and Chorus!)

Morpheus
Originally posted by benskywalker88
I've just seen ROTS again and Padme's funeral scene is so moving, it gets me every time sad. The music during it which is a variation on 'Qui-gon's funeral' is so poignant and sets the mood perfectly. The flute playing softly is a lovely touch and is almost representing the good still left in Anakin as the camera focuses on the jaipor snippet that he gave to her all those years ago on Tatooine. This film is so tradgic but it leaves us with a sense of hope with the constant use of the force theme at the end. And of course this follows on perfectly to Episode IV. Now I understand why all those scenes were cut out because the whole saga is about Anakin and this film needed to focus on his character which it did perfectly and has added so much more depth to that black armoured 'more machine than man' that is Vader who is now not only an intimidating character but also a tragic one and this changes the original trilogy completely in such a good way like the end battle between him and Luke, it's got so much more meaning now and ultimately we feel sorry for Vader and how 'he was deceived by a lie' and sold his soul to the devil to save the one he loved when ultimately it was he who caused her to give up on life. I have always loved Star Wars but although it's sad that it's over now, the saga is now complete and everything links up perfectly and like I said although it is the end of the Star Wars saga, it will live on forever in books, television, every type of media you can think of and of course in our hearts smile! May the force be with us, always!! :P

YOU said that very good. im very more by that. raver happy happy

Morpheus
Originally posted by Morpheus
YOU said that very good. im very move by that. raver happy happy

Morpheus
raver do anyone have a pic of a Anakin walking with the clones behine
him? raver

kenobi2004
As far as i know myself with star wars....ROTS ending is the best ending of all star wars.second comes ROTJ.I loved it when padme dies and at the same time vader rises...it touched my heart.this movie will always be remembered for generations...i know it.

Red Superfly
Just be glad they actually went to the planets, and didn't just Fedex Padme's corpse to Naboo, slingshot Leia to Alderaan and have Luke deliverred to Lars homestead via stork.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.