Why is darth maul the ony sith 2 use a double bladed light saber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth_burnsy
Why is darth maul the ony sith 2 use a double bladed light saber in the saga. If it is called the sith lightsaber then why dont the rest of them use 1 2!!!???!!!

MoviesFan
Even though I have no clue what the image is, I have the answer for you.

He isnt the only Jedi/Sith to use a double saber, while I dont have the names of the top of my head.

There was a Jedi before Darth Maul was even created that had a double saber

Gryn Jabar
The double bladed lightsaber is REALLY hard to use, much easier to use a single bladed one.

cal31
Originally posted by darth_burnsy
Why is darth maul the ony sith 2 use a double bladed light saber in the saga. If it is called the sith lightsaber then why dont the rest of them use 1 2!!!???!!! Ok, why did you just steal my gif to use for that post? confused

tlbauerle
nevermind.

kremzike
Because.

ApolloX
Because Maul prefers it over the normal ones.

Darth Vicious
because hes freaking cool. If you play EP3 for Xbox, PS2 there are a lot of Jedi that use double light sabers, green ones too.

Ulic Qel Droma
MoviesFan
He isnt the only Jedi/Sith to use a double saber, while I dont have the names of the top of my head.
There was a Jedi before Darth Maul was even created that had a double saber

The other jedi to use a double sided lightsaber was Exar Kun. He had a double bladed blue lightsaber.

Ulic Qel Droma
oh and Exar Kun became on of the greatest Sith Lords in history lol evil face

Darth Vicious
no but that wasnt the question, was it?

((The_Anomaly))
EU people, EU....

Red Superfly
Because a guy with a normal saber killed him.

Mist
Originally posted by darth_burnsy
Why is darth maul the ony sith 2 use a double bladed light saber in the saga. If it is called the sith lightsaber then why dont the rest of them use 1 2!!!???!!!

coz maul is da bomb smoke

NoFate007
Because it made him look cooler, and then Lucas didn't feel like repeating himself, so in order to give Maul something cool and unique, that will stay with his character, he's the only one that'll be seen on camera with a double-edged.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by ApolloX
Because Maul prefers it over the normal ones.

you would think he could have thought of that.

LightSaber_Part
A double bladed lightsaber is very difficult to make and there have only been two to have successfully made one....... Exar Kun and Darth Maul.

ImmortalOne
1. It's freakin f**kin difficult to use..... iMAGINE showing off to your enemy and et sliced upon your mistake, man.... you just costed yourself a limb !!!!

2. Bastilla Shan (Jedi-Sith-Jedi again) used a green one...
3. Exar Kun (All-Mighty Sith Lord) used a Blue one (the grip seems to short though)
4. Jedi Master Zez-Kai Ell (Dead Jedi Master) used a purple one....

NUPH said !!

Emperor
He's was trained like a true fighter like a 'Jedi Guardian' so to speak and less in the force. He need a tool adequately adapted to his style. Very useful to battle 2 Jedi in the same time, perhaps even more.

TraptUnderIce
This is probably just a coincidence but maybe he saw that may eventually fight two jedis at one time considering they sort of outnumbered the Sith at that time.

Did anyone notice how relaxed Obi and Anakin fought Dooku together in the 3rd movie while Obi and Qui had to fight Dooku extremely hard and still lost? That mean's Maul is a badass.

Darth_Otaku
Cuz Maul is a marketing scheme....(a cool one though)

eleveninches
how can you forget exar kun's double bladed lightsaber?

Sesse
Originally posted by TraptUnderIce

Did anyone notice how relaxed Obi and Anakin fought Dooku together in the 3rd movie while Obi and Qui had to fight Dooku extremely hard and still lost? That mean's Maul is a badass.

When did Obi and Qui face Dooku together? And how does that prove maul to be a badass?
laughing

ImmortalOne
Maul created a force field.... To block Obiwan

Maul, a bad-ass ?? HELL YEAH !!!

BTW... Is Exar's hild too short, or Maul's too long ??

Darth_Otaku

henniestevens
ImmortalOne Bastilla uses a yellow saber instead of a green one.
and Exar's hilt is very short indeed just long enough to get 2 hands on.

exanda kane
Cos Maul's got no depth to him he needs something flashy to make him interestingbig grin

archive monitor
gl wanted ray park (maul) to have a small hilt, like exar kun but ray said he couldnt do any tricks with a small one. hence the long hilt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.