A puzzeling question which side is stronger ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

green dude
A puzzeling question baffeled people for years who is really stronger

DarkSide evil face
or

LightSide angel

always against each other like a refletion both are the opposite

now vote which side is stronger

Why ?

and who's the strongest

or the strongest people on that side

You chose

people are good

people are bad

some are angry

some are sad

goodside can be strong and same as bad

choose the side choose your path

which side are you on ?
confused

xeous
The Dark Side is stronger but the will and character of those who follow the path of the Light will prevail, always.

Morgoths_Wrath
I think that essentially both sides are equally powerful, the strength depends on the person using the power. Since the Force is the fuel for both sides, I highly doubt it favors one over the other. They are equal.

astrofan428
I agree that they are equal, they are merely different views of the same thing(force). While strengh resides in the person, not the side they use.

Texansfan05
I voted for the light side because it alway's end's up winning even though sidious claim's the darkside is stronger the lightside won.

Echuu
I agree with Texansfans05. I really don't see why this question comes up seeing as its obvious who wins in the end. The only way I could see the dark side being stonger is in the short term of things and getting what you want fast; otherwise, if you want the answer just watch Return of the Jedi.

jerlark386
Whats baffles me is why is neither and both are equal in the same poll.

Kinda redundant is'nt it?

???

astrofan428
Originally posted by jerlark386
Whats baffles me is why is neither and both are equal in the same poll.

Kinda redundant is'nt it?

???

How about the fact that they both have votes.

ragesRemorse
they are equal. it depends who is weilding the power.

Red Superfly
Dark side is the quick and easy path.

You follow the quick and easy path because you want power. That is greed and impatience for a start.

Both equal, but the dark side gives you results quicker, whereas the lightside has unseen benefits, and only through patience and resolve can anyone achieve those things.

Darkside users go on and on about how powerful they become when on the darkside. They become blinded with their new abilities and don't even see the brick wall hurtling towards them.

The dark side is like selling your soul to the devil. You get short term results but you lose your humanity and everything you fought for. Only Anakin was allowed a refund. Jammy git.

Mist
im gonna say lightside purely from the fact the darkside gets owned by the end of rotj.no expression

but i still liketh the darkside.evil face

Reverand89
The dark side is stronger in sheer power but the lightside is far more powerfull in the force.

GangusGrievous
Look at the people throughout the entire saga on both sides. All the Jedi have little if any emotion when fighting. They dont use fear or hate as fuel. They use the force. Look at Yoda. He lived 900 years. It was due to being one with the force. I dont know how old Sidious was, but i dont think it was 900 years.

GangusGrievous
Originally posted by Red Superfly

You follow the quick and easy path because you want power. That is greed and impatience for a start.

Both equal, but the dark side gives you results quicker, whereas the lightside has unseen benefits, and only through patience and resolve can anyone achieve those things.

Darkside users go on and on about how powerful they become when on the darkside. They become blinded with their new abilities and don't even see the brick wall hurtling towards them.

The dark side is like selling your soul to the devil. You get short term results but you lose your humanity and everything you fought for. Only Anakin was allowed a refund. Jammy git.

I wouldnt say he got a refund. He got his Legs and both his arms chopped off. Hes a quadriplegic in my book.

astrofan428
One example of how even they are was the fight between both sides foremost figures coming to a draw.

ps: I know that is a very hot topic, but lets not hijack this thread to argue about it.

GangusGrievous
Well lets put it this way. If u had a Sith Lord dueling against a Veteran Jedi Master, or lets say a younger Yoda, who would u take?

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by Red Superfly

exactly.

Luke: "Is the dark side stronger?"
Yoda: "No. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

The force itself is simply energy, it how you use that energy that determines the good or the bad.

green dude
UMM excuse me GangusGrievous their is no younger Yoda hes 900 i
don't know what he looked like when he was younger but we sertanly will never know not unless you go back 800 and something years back i wonder what he looked like ?

green dude
and good answer guys keep em coming

mephistodesigns
a green guy with big ears thats about 1 meter tall, only with less wrinkles and more hair.

GangusGrievous
Originally posted by green dude
UMM excuse me GangusGrievous their is no younger Yoda hes 900 i
don't know what he looked like when he was younger but we sertanly will never know not unless you go back 800 and something years back i wonder what he looked like ?

For one, does it matter wut he looks like, and two, u know his power diminished with age.

green dude
funna laughing i wonder if he was a blondie ?

mephistodesigns
wasn't Yaddle a brunette? maybe he looked more like her...

God I hope Yoda wasn't a blonde....maybe he was "Ken" on his planet laughing

astrofan428
I dont know, all the shit he talked, he may have been a fiery red head. stick out tongue

mephistodesigns
nawww, then he'd look all Xmas like!

green dude
first thing Ken is tall and can barly move they should make starwars barbies this would be the commercial

Barbie walks in Barbie:kenobi like my out fit
no response

Barbie pulls out light saber

barbie:he will never leave me agian

ken has no legs or arms ken: help this is worse than the sith

that or something better it's just a joke laughing

Jack Daniels
Thats right Yoda said it... the darkside is not stronger! Thats as good as coming from Lucas...Lucas backed it up showing that Sidious didnt have anything powerful enough to overcome Yoda...Yoda took the darksides best and made em eat it! Lightside wins

Darth Bulhas
Well dark side for short run
Light side for long run
Dark needs anger
Light needs patience

Jack Daniels
Im not much on anger but I damn sure arent much for patience either...lol...

Mist
the fuzzy side of the force is the bombsmokin'

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by GangusGrievous
I dont know how old Sidious was, but i dont think it was 900 years.

He diddnt exactly get the chance did he? Look at this way, the dark side spanked the light, and the light spanked the dark. Or you could say that it only took one jedi to stop the entire empire, but took deciet, unified efforts of an entire army and the misleading of a chosen one to tear down the light side.

astrofan428
I dont think the lightside wins in the end argument holds much weight. At the end of 6 light overcomes, but at the end of 3 dark overcomes. Not talking EU, but it seems likely that dark will win again later, kinda like a big vicious cycle. Again showing the balance between them.

queeq
SW law: there is only balance when there is only light.

spekdah
Maybe a Jedi should use the best elements of either side and become a LORD MASTER of the GREY SIDE OF THE FORCE!

Lord Yoda
put it this way. The best Jedi skill wise we know is Yoda. The best Sith we know is Plagieus. Now even though he had a cheap death, he was killed. Now Yoda did die, but no one killed him.

POWJ
Lucas has said that the Darkside is stronger than the light but its self destructive so eventully the light side always wins.

Dark hoser
I think the dark side i mean the light side is kool but i think the dark side has a little bit more power

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by POWJ
Lucas has said that the Darkside is stronger than the light but its self destructive so eventully the light side always wins.

Correct smile

Jerico
The Dark Side is faster, but not stronger, Yoda said it himself

green dude
the darkside stronger i think the elements are stronger they can kill both and their on no ones side like the tsanami and volcanoes earthquakes or the develop of tech could destory both so i think it's a balance but hopefully good is a little higher by a bite or our hole planet would be dead but theirs always Siths like Sadam but their are Jedis know as Americans and others ect. so yeah they are kinda a eqeal lets hope they stay that way but my sis deffinetly disrupted the balance a few times. :/

JediMasterYoda
From ESB:

Luke: Is the darkside stronger?

Yoda: NO!!!!!

astrofan428
Originally posted by JediMasterYoda
From ESB:

Luke: Is the darkside stronger?

Yoda: NO!!!!!

He doesnt say it is stronger, but he doesnt say it is weaker.

And if it was stronger what would Yoda say, "Much stronger the darkside is, but join it you must not." stick out tongue

Lazerlike42
Yoda may be saying it in a similar way to this conversation:

Little Johnny: Is alcohol fun to drink?

Dad: NO!!!!

Darth_Nefarus
The darkside gives you more power, but it is not stronger. A connection to the darkside manifests a terrible power connecting you to the force, unlike the lightside which connects you to the force, and everything around you in a more balanced way.
Yoda was right all along.

Lazerlike42
The dark side does have more power it simply cannot win because it is self detructive. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

Emperor
The Darkside is Stronger, have more magical spell's, almost all for offensive. Just an example, Sith Lightning, something a Jedi can never do because it require a special training and you must be on the darkside to use it. The bad point is they want all the secrets of each others and do not hesitate to kill themself to get it.

Lightside user's work together and help each others.
In general they are also less arrogant. But they are controlled by Jedi code's which limited them and most of their magic's are defensive one. They have also less magical spells than the Sith.

Thus the Sith are stronger but few in numbers while the Jedi are much more numerous which compensate things. In the end, it's equal. The Jedi rule to be beaten and crushed by the Sith and sometime later the Jedi return to defeat the Sith then again the cycle start again since 2000 years or so up to nowadays(Starwars Universe).

The way i see things the balance of good and evil is most of the time to the same level, sometime one is momentary higher, sometimes it's the other.

astrofan428
Magic spells?

Emperor
Originally posted by astrofan428
Magic spells?

From Starwars movies and not EU.

Darkside user's spells(somes):

Lightning
Choke
Cloud the mind of others(Sidious)
Battle meditation(Emperor controlling his armies, fleets etc..) Shortly after his death, the empire was becoming disorganised, weak and finally crumble.

Lightside

Stop Lightning with hands.(must very powerfull like Yoda)

Neutral

Force push
Telekinesis
influence the mind
Jump high, jump down from high height
run fast

astrofan428
Dude this isnt some crappy role playing game, this is Star Wars. stick out tongue

Emperor
Dude this isnt some crappy role playing game, this is Star Wars. stick out tongue

Have u read what i said.

From Starwars movies, not EU.

All the list i made is in the movies not the games Dude. stick out tongue

astrofan428
Dude I am messing with you, I have never heard anyone refer to force powers as spells. Like Anakin should be a witch with a broom instead of Sith with a lightsaber. stick out tongue

Emperor
Dude I am messing with you, I have never heard anyone refer to force powers as spells. Like Anakin should be a witch with a broom instead of Sith with a lightsaber. stick out tongue

OK, if you prefer FORCE POWERS then! For me it's much the same. I though you will understand this, i guess i was wrong.

astrofan428
Relax man, just messing with you. I mean you no harm. smile

Breaks into song.

"I put a spell on you, and now your mine."

Emperor
Relax man, just messing with you. I mean you no harm. smile

Breaks into song.

"I put a spell on you, and now your mine."

Ohh Then...

Have a drink beer big grin

astrofan428
That is more like it. big grin

And for you my friend. beer

atlasorion
Alright, wtf, here goes. This might be a little ambitious to try to wrap my little brain around at three in the morning, but like I said: wtf. The answer is neither. Whether we're talking about Jedi vs. Sith, God vs. Satan, or Alyssa Milano vs. Martha Stewart, good CANNOT exist without evil and vice versa. Although the power shifts constantly with regards to which sides holds the majority of power, neither side can ever be deemed a true winner. Although, I suppose in terms on time of possesion, good will usually take that category. Whereas Evil will usually yeild substantially more "power", concerning things such as strength, physical or magical damage, and influence, good will counter with courage, determination, and whatever it can pull out of it's ass just as the shot clock is about to run out. Think of it this way, good and evil are a 2 sided entity, like a sheet of paper, you cannot get rid of one without doing so to the other. Cosmic balance. Yin and Yang. If there's no good, how do you determine what constitutes evil? If there was constant light, how would you know what darkness is? You would only know either nothingness (as if you were to burn the paper, simultaneously destroying all things) or one thing (as though you were to fold the paper end to end into a circle to create a one sided entity). Whoa...that's deep. BUT NOT AS DEEP AS THE DISCOUNTS AT YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD WAL-MART!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.