Why did George Lucus put Hayden in number 6,Return of the jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithgirl123
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morning_Glory
he wasnt in return of the jedi ...

Morning_Glory
Hayden would have been like 2 or 3 when return of the jedi came out..

GangusGrievous
refer to the new remastered version of ROTJ. Hayden is clearly beside Yoda and ObiWan in the final scene.

Morning_Glory
are you serious!!! WHAT!!!!!! I'll have to check it out!

GangusGrievous
I mean when I saw it, it really caught me off guard. Hes just in the same form that he was at the beginning of Ep. III.

Red Superfly
Yeah he's Anakin from Episode III, but he's wearring completely new robes.

He isn't wearring his robes. What the hell s all that about? Since when does he wear white?

Darth Jello
He wears his robes to symbolize him becoming a master in the afterlife, and he's there because A. his humanity has been restored and B. Sebastion Shaw looks nothing like any incarnation of anakin.

SixOfTwelve
You know, as much as I hated that change when the DVDs first came out, after ROTS I feel a bit different about it.
I still don't buy the the whole "when he turned to Vader, Anakin died" shtick, but watching the three films in order, it is simply kinda comforting seeing Christensen's Anakin after "all those years" (i.e. the time that has passed in the movies) - regardless of his at times dodgy acting.

yerssot
I don't get why you think it's "shtick", SOT, it's what OB1 says in the movie... though from his point of view ofcourse
so it was kinda selfexplaining -> you see Anakin before he went dark, not Anakin after he redeemed himself because the dark side dominates your path once you have taken it

SixOfTwelve
Originally posted by yerssot
I don't get why you think it's "shtick", SOT, it's what OB1 says in the movie... though from his point of view ofcourse

OK, maybe "shtick" was the wrong term.
But it bugs me that while Luke and Anakin prove Obi-Wan wrong (there was plenty of good Anakin left in that armour), George Lucas has used the "when Vader was created, Anakin died" point of view as an explanation as to why Anakin's ghost is there in ROTJ and hasn't aged a day since Mustafar. I will gladly accept many other theories (such as a Matrix-esque latent self image, for example), but for me, this particular theory just doesn't gel.
Don't get me wrong, I don't NEED an explanation to see Hayden in ROTJ, and by now, I'm actually glad to see him, in fact, I didn't want an explanation, but this one seems to invalidate Vader's inner struggle during TESB and ROTJ.

yerssot
but as Yoda said about the dark side:
"for ever will it dominate your path", so no matter how hard you struggle, there will always be a bit of dark side in you left

SixOfTwelve
Originally posted by yerssot
but as Yoda said about the dark side:
"for ever will it dominate your path", so no matter how hard you struggle, there will always be a bit of dark side in you left

I think I see what you mean...
So you may show up as a Force Ghost after death, buy as a punishment, you will look a slightly different shade of blue than the others and be forced to sway awkwardly and stare at the floor in embarrassment rather than look at your ghostly friends or your son. wink

Cipher
He should be ashamed of some of the things he did.

Luke saw a vision of Anakin as he was before he turned to evil.
My theory is he appears that way so that Luke knows his father was redeemed.

It makes more sense a ghost who represents what Anakin would have looked like if he hadn't been disfigured.

yerssot
Originally posted by SixOfTwelve
I think I see what you mean...
So you may show up as a Force Ghost after death, buy as a punishment, you will look a slightly different shade of blue than the others and be forced to sway awkwardly and stare at the floor in embarrassment rather than look at your ghostly friends or your son. wink
I thought he looked more of:
"oh djee, you know I just wanted to have some fun with the lightsabre" wink

green dude
You Know ROTS not the end go to thttp://movietab.com/2005/05/25/star-wars-not-done-yet/

this tells us diffirent stick out tongue

keiran78
Lucas used him because according to SW Insider Magazine, he begged him to be inside the suit. He had to wear 5-inch platform boots.

overlord
Actually there already is another grreat update by the creator of Star Wars himself, it will be in revision number VIII.

keiran78
Please disreguard my last post. I was obviously momentarily braindead. Thank you and goodnight.

roughrider
Originally posted by Cipher
He should be ashamed of some of the things he did.

Luke saw a vision of Anakin as he was before he turned to evil.
My theory is he appears that way so that Luke knows his father was redeemed.

It makes more sense a ghost who represents what Anakin would have looked like if he hadn't been disfigured.

I believe you are right. Lucas endured all the bricks thrown his way last year to validate his point with ROTS. I have actually not bought the DVD's yet, because I felt I had to see Anakin's fall, to get a feeling for his point of view, before I could watch his redeemed spirit as Hayden C. instead of Sebastian S. I guess Sebastian got his sendoff with his face-to-face with Luke before death; he was just the older shell of himself, left over from Vader.

overlord
I can imagine Luke being like WTF????? When seeing some kid next to Yoda and Obi Wan. Like WHO THE HELL ARE YOU???

Imagawa666
At l;east in the credits, The orginal actors name is there.

roughrider
Originally posted by overlord
I can imagine Luke being like WTF????? When seeing some kid next to Yoda and Obi Wan. Like WHO THE HELL ARE YOU???

Perhaps he knew who he was through the force.
By the way, this thread is the wrong forum, I just realized.

overlord
Yeah just like Leia having a force connection.
Isn't the force handy for story errors? I love it..

DarkAge
Anakin's older self not becoming one with the Force completely negates the whole idea that he was redeemed.

Forcewielder
Originally posted by overlord
Yeah just like Leia having a force connection.
Isn't the force handy for story errors? I love it..

Just like its handy to have people fall thousands of feet from the air and land safely on the ground without being reduced into a giant bloodstain on the ground. Its also handy to have laser swords, sound in space, the ability to move objects with your mind, and see visions of the future.

It's called suspension of disbelief.

overlord
Don't rip my message out of context, troll.

ESB- 1138
LucAs put Hayden in ROTJ just so you could complain about it.

Otaku
Originally posted by sithgirl123
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll tell you why GEORGE LUCAS put Hayden in ROTJ.It's because he is sick of people calling him George Lucus,so he did it all to troll the living shit out o' ya no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.