Why did the Younglings die in Episode 3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GangusGrievous
Obi-Wan should have killed them in Episode 2 after that one kid made him look like an idiot when he lost the location of Kamino. no

green dude
true but you gotta admit that scene was hillarious laughing Obi-wan was out smarted by a kid and Yoda made it worst he made a Jedi knight look like a clown o well you gotta have sum funny parts or it would be .......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ not the Yoda gettin hit bye Siths blue lightning i mean sleep ok but i thought that i sucked that they got killed by Anikan they could of kicked his but i will send you my funny story about that

mephistodesigns
the kids mind was unclouded, Obi-Wan still thought that was impossible and dismissed the idea, no one had yet told the kid it was impossilbe, so he still thought it a viable option. The kid wasn't smarter, he just showed Obi to think outside the box.

JKozzy
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
the kids mind was unclouded, Obi-Wan still thought that was impossible and dismissed the idea, no one had yet told the kid it was impossilbe, so he still thought it a viable option. The kid wasn't smarter, he just showed Obi to think outside the box. Exactly what I was just about to post. yes

green dude
funa youngly story jerlark386 fixed for me it's called attack of the younglings it's hillarious but when you find it scroll down to the third post besides mine at the top jerlark386 made it to make what i wrote easier to read well gotta go bye

astrofan428
I wish thay would have brought that e2 kid back, he was annoying, would have like to see him get killed. He would be a little older and could have a resistance scene.

Lord Yoda
the highlight of rots was the youngling scene. big grin just kidding

astrofan428
Kill them sons o', just kidding I love kids.

Texansfan05
Wipe Them out all of them laughing Just Kidding!

DeVi| D0do
Man that kid was annoying... "Master Skywalker, there are too many of them, what are we going to do?"

gotta love the hum of the lightsaber in that scene though... devil

astrofan428
That was what made that scene great, that annoying ass kid. That is what made it tragic yet necessary.

masterwindu
i agree with astrofan yes

theflyxx
I don't seem to remember. Did the youngling actually refer to Anakin as Master? We all know than Anakin was never granted that status.

vader519
Jedi KNightd are also called Master. LIke Obiw-an in AOTC. HE was not a master, but the libranian and the younglings likked him Master Kenobi.

palpy_666
On a more serious note here, I think we all know the reason why the younglings in III had to die. They were Jedi, and a few more years of training and they could've been great threats to Palpatine's Empire.

Blu93GT
Originally posted by palpy_666
On a more serious note here, I think we all know the reason why the younglings in III had to die. They were Jedi, and a few more years of training and they could've been great threats to Palpatine's Empire.

exactly - besides that, it was necessary for Annkin to kill them - only then would he TRULY be D. Vader, the dark father.

if he couldn't handle the slaughter a few dozen inocent younglings, how would he ever be able to command (or condone) the destruction of an entire planet?

Aslangirl14
I thought it was "Mean". Did you see the little boys face when he opened his light-Saber? ~Tear Falls Down Cheek~ I Cried For the rest of the movie. Did you see Anakens face? He did "NOT" Want to kill them. ~More Tears~ Why they had to die? Because Ani wanted to save Padme. But he killed her! ~ Growls~

Aslangirl14
Well, He killed her By becoming "Evil" And "Dark".

JKozzy
No Jedi were allowed to live. The Younglings were Jedi, therefore they were killed. Very simple.

DarkYoda
Think about all of the innocent children who die in any war. Anakin probably justified their deaths by thinking about all of the children he was "saving" or protecting, including his own, for the sake of his Empire.

green dude
I found it kinda sad to see them go and where do the Jedi get these "Younglings" as they call them (laughs :laughs: ) do they go around and take them from homes or they say i want to be Jedi and say yes after doing their lets see through them trick. And how do they see through them? they did that in the 1 movie im confused confused

What ? how did the other older master jedis become jedis who made them Jedis ? Dosn't any one find this confusing ? stick out tongue

454 LS6
Anikan had to kill the younglings to show that he is consumed by the Dark Side. It may have been harsh but it shows that Lord Vador truly exists in that part of the movie.

Curl_Up&Dye
Originally posted by Aslangirl14
I thought it was "Mean". Did you see the little boys face when he opened his light-Saber? ~Tear Falls Down Cheek~ I Cried For the rest of the movie. Did you see Anakens face? He did "NOT" Want to kill them. ~More Tears~ Why they had to die? Because Ani wanted to save Padme. But he killed her! ~ Growls~

i was so appalled at his killing of the younglings!! so was my boyfriend. I understand in his mind it was a necessary thing...to destroy all jedi, and in this case future jedi.... but it still makes me mad.

the other reason too, I think, is to make his character seem more despicable. Up until then i was like, ok he's a bad guy, sort of. Everyone was kind of indifferent towards his character, but in using extremes, like killing children, it makes his character's evil qualities stand out more, and therefore invoking hatred in the viewers. lol media class

matreid
I hate all of those little bratty younglings. I doubt any of them would of made good jedi. Off with their heads! mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.