Mace Windu have crappy laightsaber skills??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kimsigurd
Hello, I belive everyone has watched the film by now smile hehe, I was really looking forward to the Mace vs palp duel, because we was finally going to see Mace's skills with the saber. When I saw it i laughed, omg he was so crap, my little brother (age 11) he does it better with his lighsaber, and I am not lying, Mace looks like Ben Kenobi in the episode VI, his moves was stupid, it looked like he was 80 years old, slow and dumb, to be honest he looket very clumsy and stupid. And the worst off all is that Sam was really cocky in the Episode 2 docs. He as like: I was really cool with the lightsaber, I got my own style. To bad he didn't have the moves like Obi and Ani. That's kinda sad because Samuel rocks but not with the lightsaber stick out tongue hehehe.. Am I right?

astrofan428
Some parts looked great while other sucked, it was great when he was fighting the digital double, but when he fought Ian he looked bad.

kimsigurd
hehe, but the good part in the film wink ani vs obi big grin omg that's a duel! hehe btw everything looks good when you digital it, even dooku looks great with the sword then, hehe

astrofan428
Yeah, despite how long it lasted, I loved the Dooku duel. The action was great, especially when it got to 1 on 1.

neo313
I think mace wasn't too bad... but palp's style was jsut effing weird, like he would always suddenly change directions and just do weird, random stufff...

so to counter it, mace also looked weird...

nick gillard talked about palps' style, saying it would kind of trap the other person and pull them into being vulnerable, or something

but yes, that duel wasn't that great, especially compared to obi vs ani, dooku vs obi + ani, or maul vs anyone

rubber dickie
mace is actually a bad mother--shut yo mouf! he was pretty bad @ss in the clone wars micro series. too bad we didn't see him do the sh!t he did with the droids and the light saber. i so wanted to see puch out a few droids. not to mention his use of the force.

koolruningz
I have a question about "the Duel", i've seen it twice now and i cant seem to find that move that Anakin does where Obi Wan strikes at his back and Anakin blocks it by pointing his saber straight down his back without turning. One of the members has it on his avatar so i hope you know what i mean, i saw it on loads of previews and docs but never in the movie. Was it cut?
Mace wasnt that bad, Tiin, Fisto and Kolar are the ones we should be talking about. Masters? yeah whatever.

astrofan428
A lot of the final duel was cut, and I think shot was mainly used for promotional purposes.

koolruningz
That sucks, that was a sweet move.

astrofan428
He did a move like that to block a blaster shot in the seperatist slaughter.

koolruningz
Yeah i remember that, i would have liked to see more of that massacre. evil face

astrofan428
Yeah I am glad he didnt hold back on the slaughter, though I saw no decapitations.

Lord Yoda
yah, Anakin should have decapitated Gunray. That would have been awesome.giljotiini

koolruningz
I would have liked to see him force crush Wat Tambor like the other Techno Union dude in the Clone Wars cartoon.

peluffo
Samuel sucks. He didn't realize that he is not in shaft anymore.

Andrew McLeod
How I wanted so badly to see those damn Trade Federation idiots get horribly mangled or something. I hated everything about them...they were just retarded.

POWJ
the whole fight with wind and sidious started off to up close! I wanted to see sidious kill the jedi but it turned out looking kinda fake being to up close seeing those looser jedi get sliced in a close up..
owwwwwwww
aahhhhhhrrr
ehhhhhhhh
lol!

astrofan428
Seeing th first two jedi get killed was like watching a car wreck in slow motion.

So he jumps over and lands infront of 4 jedi, then stops reaches back and snarles while all 4 just watch him. He then kills 2 of them with no resistance. Make sense?

POWJ
Yes I agree astro they just stood thier like um im ready for my close up mr sidious. what a bunch of pansys. but all i nall dont be to impressed with his ability to kil l3 jedi masters. Jango fett killed a jedi master in Ep2 .That colbar guy whatever his name is.
Jedi average Jedi aint all that we get spoiled with SW by seeing the best of the best like Yoda , Mace , Anakin and Obi in action. they make the other jedi look impotent!

astrofan428
I think any jedi, hell any person, would realise "hey this guy is going to kill me, I better atleast attempt to defend myself". Or maybe they where thinking that and simply forgot to act on it. stick out tongue

Andrew McLeod
Maybe the Jedi suck compared to the Sith? Did anyone ever think that? Seriously, the Jedi didn't want to kill him, they were there to arrest him. I bet they never suspected him to actually attack. he must've caught them off guard. Either way the jedi still suck.

astrofan428
I dont know, that Dodge Ram looking dude has to be the dumbest ****er I have ever seen.

((The_Anomaly))
hahahahahaha! laughing out loud

yea palps owned thier @sses....stupid jedi, didnt expect an old man to do a crazy flip thing after pulling out a saber, then commencing to stab them...lol

i think its great, oh, and Kit fisto did manage block one strike from palps as far as i remember...the other 2 tho...

thumb down

Stunrun
Originally posted by kimsigurd
Mace Windu have crappy laightsaber skills??

I could say you have crappy spelling skills

sorry couldnt resistdevil

astrofan428
I wish the powers that be would let me post the first 10 seconds of that duel, pure hilarity(sp). stick out tongue

koolruningz
It had the potential to be an awesome scene with Palpatine holding off 4 masters at once, blocking all their attacks maybe force choking one while still fighting. Instead it was a bit of a let down, Mace more than held his own but those other three just stood there and got wasted. It reminded me of Jabbas henchmen getting slaughtered by Luke in ROTJ, what happened to their Jedi reflexes? Mace should have taken that Padawan who rescued Bail with him to confront Palpatine, he would have faired better.

Reverand89
ok the reason the first 3 got their asses handed to them is because well think about it if you had this really old wrinkly dude jumping at you really fast you wouldn't know what the hell to think or do he just caught them off guard thats all.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Andrew McLeod
Maybe the Jedi suck compared to the Sith? Did anyone ever think that? Seriously, the Jedi didn't want to kill him, they were there to arrest him. I bet they never suspected him to actually attack. he must've caught them off guard. Either way the jedi still suck.
they suck? mace wundu bested palpantine, while obi wan beat anakin. how do they suck?

koolruningz
They were Jedi masters and they were confronting a Sith Lord, how can they be caught off guard? I just think they were piss-poor, which is a shame because as i said it could have been a great fight.

Rogue Jedi
also, obi wan was all up in darth mauls grill before maul used the force on him.

astrofan428
What is ram dude on the left doing right here?

http://img266.echo.cx/img266/4761/bscap0942zc.th.jpg

To me it looks like he has a free shot, yet in a half second from this pic he is dead.

Rogue Jedi
huh?

mysterio69
well, if you had to carry that bulbous head around, maybe you wouldn't be so w/ the reflexes.

mysterio69
*so good w/ the reflexes...sorry.

Aldaron
There was probably a whole duel thing, and was most likely cut due to the thinking that there was too much in lightsaber battles. Because there's no way that Jedi Masters could of been taken that easily.

ragesRemorse
Mace windu may be one of the most renowned jedi for light saber skill, but my left nut has more skill with a light saber than sam jackson. Samuel jackson made weilding a light saber look awkward.

astrofan428
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Mace windu may be one of the most renowned jedi for light saber skill, but left nut has more skill with a light saber than sam jackson.

How does it hold the saber? confused

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by astrofan428
How does it hold the saber? confused

very carefully.

astrofan428
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
very carefully.

Ah yes, wouldnt want to singe anything.

koolruningz
Originally posted by astrofan428
What is ram dude on the left doing right here?

Looks like he's getting ready for the pitch. This just magnifies how inadequate these "masters" really were. Palpatine must have thought he was fighting battle droids.

astrofan428
HE was preparing to strike, then he noticed he was on camera.

Sodo
OK, you all may think his moves were crap, but you have to remember something: Mace wasn't trying to kill Palpatine. He was merely trying to disarm and arrest him. Only at the point where Anakin enters is Windu really trying to kill him.

Yuxa
mace suck and he got owned! laughing

Daarrheel
Mace ruled, think about it.... the other got cut down in seconds while mace had him on the floor saberless at the end of the battle. So his moves were not great... blame GL for that hehe. the whole battle should have been better imo, the others should have been able to at least block a few shots anyways. LOL now imagin Mace-Yoda vs Palp hehe now that would have been a cool battle

It was disapointing but to say Mace sucks is just retarded, Palp had no Lightsaber and was on the floor ready for the killing till Ani and his fu**ed up power hungryness came to ruin it all.

astrofan428
Dont blame Lucas for Mace's move. Blame Nick Gilliard and Ian Mc(cant spell).

Darth_Decimator
i cant believe you guys all thought mace really had palps beat. palps knew anakin was going to return so he made it look like mace was trying to kill him. palps said it himself "unlimited power" palps was toying with windu but he wanted anakin to help & thus turn to the darkside. and i think sam jackson is a terrible fighter, he looked even more awkward in rots then he did in aotc which imho was some of if not the worst saber fighting EVER.

Daarrheel
Like that kid on the Nick-@-Night commercials says...kinda anyways...... Mace rules, I dont care if you have an opinion, Mace rules thats all there is to it =P

kimsigurd
the thing about sam jackson is that he is so cocky, that's why I don't like him. It's okay that his skills sucks, but why the heck does he go around saying, : oh my skills with the saber is so neat ;D im like the greatest of them all, bla bla bla. That is why I don't like Sam in SW, Sam in shaft ruled though stick out tongue

kimsigurd
Originally posted by Stunrun
I could say you have crappy spelling skills

sorry couldnt resistdevil

lightsaber skills wink hehe is that okay? smile

Stunrun
Originally posted by kimsigurd
lightsaber skills wink hehe is that okay? smile

na dont worry about itstick out tongue just playin with yasmile

kimsigurd
hehe I know wink hehehehe just playing back :P

mace7386
I think that the duel in the novel made u think the one in the movie was gonna be tight cuz Kit Fisto gets his head chopped off in the novel and Sasaee Tiin last a lil longer

mossman
The Mace vs Palps duel was heavily edited.
It was one of the most reworked scenes in the movie, during scripting, shooting and reshoots and editing.

It was originally much longer, and SLJ got to show more of Mace's skills.
Ultimately, this scene is not really about the actual confrontation between Mace and Palps, though, it is the climax to that duel, and it's importance to Ani's turn, which is the focus.

I can understand people being disappointed by the length of the duel, but there were more important things that needed to stay in the movie, meaning the duel suffered in editing, I guess.

ShadowKing
What is it with these Jedi, with this high batting stance? I see a frikkin' red lightsaber, saber2_iconI know it's bad news. I'm standing in a defensive posture with my saber in front of me. lightsaber Why didn't Mace and Fisto back up into the hallway where they could have trapped Palps? That whole scene was not planned well at all.

Somone in the animated gif page has Tinn and Kolar going down. Tinn's freakin' horns are moving like rubber.

astrofan428
Originally posted by ShadowKing
What is it with these Jedi, with this high batting stance? I see a frikkin' red lightsaber, saber2_iconI know it's bad news. I'm standing in a defensive posture with my saber in front of me. lightsaber Why didn't Mace and Fisto back up into the hallway where they could have trapped Palps? That whole scene was not planned well at all.

Somone in the animated gif page has Tinn and Kolar going down. Tinn's freakin' horns are moving like rubber.

^^^Yep, these first two jedi have to be the dumbest ****ers ever.

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0YLVMQVWCWRLN0S6M1TY9FZLSA

The Inkeeper
well of course Mace sucked, he has always fought with his own weird lightsaber style, then palpatine comes along holding a lightsaber like **** knows what and mace is supposed to know how to counter all this?

when you see an old man backflipping and floating towards you while whipping out a lightsaber your gonna be a lil stunned. Thats why the first jedi gets took the hell out. The one on the left who has a free shot is probably a Yoda type jedi, one who thinks anything other than sitting down and talking in irregular sentences is the path to the darkside. So he was probably waiting for palps to turn and strike at him, and would only defend himself in true jedi way.

Think about it, stabbing an old man in the back isnt a jedi-like thing, even if he is a sith lord.

But put it this way, if i were mace i would have owned anakin the second he dared to diss me.

thejeditraitor
um, they were all jedi masters who were very powerful.

palps freaks out and finishes them in seconds.

this establishes the fact that palps is badass.

this works because ian isn't a great swordsman and the shock of seeing those jedi masters going down so quick makes you like "OOOOHHH! this guys really good", without having to show a lot of bad looking swordplay.

the seconds where they don't move is because of the editing. they could have cut quicker but then a lot of people would have missed it.

plus, when you first see it and you can't rewind, it's quick enough to startle and long enough to see who's getting skewered. upon further inspection it will lose it's impact. i've seen it twice and that scene still seems to go by quick.

and if i had done it i would not have shown palps ignite his saber.
i would have it more like the trailer where you see the hilt and then palps starts flipping and ignites it on the way. that would have sold the surprise better.

koolruningz
I think the scene would have been more effective if they had shown Palpaine taking out the masters with some creative moves. Maybe a lightsaber throw, or using lighting, or force crush while still fighting with his saber. As it was i wasnt as impressed with Palpatines moves, i was more disappointed with the lame attempts by the masters.
They went in there with sabers drawn, how can they not be ready when Palpatine ignites his saber, corkscrews over to them, lands and draws back for a few seconds? What did they think was coming next? Palpatine saying "whoa did you see that? ive been practicing that for a while. What do you say we all go out for a beer and talk this over?"
If Lucas can spend days on Yodas facial expressions then surely he could have spent a bit of time on this scene.

Darth_Rankkor
There are some flaws in the movie. For instance, when anakin cames down back to the elevator, obi wan ignites his light saber kinda startled. wtf, he's a jedi master, didn't he felt that it was skywalker? The duel between mace and palpatine, is not THAT good but it isn't THAT bad. And more, they were ALL taken by surprise, though they were aware that palpatine was a sith lord, the dark side clouds everything so they didn't expect that move from palp. nevertheless, even if the other masters gave up a fight it would be useless cause they would be ALL owned by palpatine and the humiliation would be far greater.

I don't know if I should open a new thread about this but, I think the jedi temple massacre scene should be longer and detailed. What do you think about this?

koolruningz
I agree the temple massacre should have been alot longer. If we had seen Anakin wasting Jedi left and right it would have made him seem alot more powerful, rather than seeing him take out some kids and the Separatists. We needed to see how much more powerful the dark side made him.
Im sorry i dont buy that the Maces posse were taken by surprise, they had plenty of time to defend themselves.
Thats a good point about Obi Wan not knowing it was Anakin jumping into the elevator, but by that logic Anakin should have known Obi Wan was on Padmes ship long before he actually saw him. I guess "Lucas's Logic" says you have to be trying to sense someone with no distractions. confused

thejeditraitor
i still think palps vs the jedi is badass the way it is.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by thejeditraitor
i still think palps vs the jedi is badass the way it is.

There should have been a bit more action though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.