i got a question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spencerspider
my dad saw episode 3 and we got into an arguement.he said that darth vader was stronger in fighting after he got burned then before.i said it was before he got burnt he was stronger,what is it?

yerssot
I think before, cause after it, he's "more machine now than human". It would normally limit his movements

spencerspider
k thx ill show my dad that he is wrong

ApolloX
He is a crippled man with life support. of coarse he's weaker.

smoker4
Before

adele2k5
isn't it obvious that he will be weaken after suffering from severe burns and having his limps cut off having his lungs removed and a machine breathing for him that he is alot weaker than before that is why he couldn't over throw palpatine. thats why Vader trys to use Luke to over throw palpatine

Lord Yoda
in the suit he is stronger with the force, but with a lightsaber normal anakin is better.

kremzike
Tell your dad that George Lucas himself said that Vader was stronger with the force before he was injured. GL even said he would've been like twice as powerful as the emperor if he hadn't gotten his limbs cut off. Now, he's about 20% less powerful than the emperor. He's still strong as hell with the force, just not as much as he would've been. Losing limbs means you also lose the cells from those limbs, which means the amount of midichlorians within your body lessens. I wish i had a giant reference book for all these things GL has said in random places so I could quote him exactly, but he did say it.

astrofan428
Originally posted by Lord Yoda
in the suit he is stronger with the force, but with a lightsaber normal anakin is better.

I think he is actually all around stronger at the time of THE DUEL.

Lord Yoda
probably, now that i have a better perspective about it

astrofan428
Had he not been f'd up he would have learned to use lightning, but cant in the suit.

Besides you probably lose midis when you lose limbs. stick out tongue

astrofan428
Wow, this is a rout. I have never seen a poll so lopsided.

Texansfan05
I think the suit weakened his skill's with the force and with a lightsaber. However I believe he became a smarter fighter in his later year's in the Luke VS Vader fight ESB Vader in one scene used the force alone to overpower Luke I think Vader pre suit was so arrogant he wouldn't have thought of that.

Lord Yoda
good point yes

astrofan428
Originally posted by Texansfan05
I think the suit weakened his skill's with the force and with a lightsaber. However I believe he became a smarter fighter in his later year's in the Luke VS Vader fight ESB Vader in one scene used the force alone to overpower Luke I think Vader pre suit was so arrogant he wouldn't have thought of that.

True, he probably had to be smarter to overcome his handicap. So instead brute force he had to be strategic.

mysterio69
well, in the suit, he'd be without the heart and compassion that he once had. he's just a cold, limbless guy afterwards. he's obviously stronger with the darkside in the suit, but right when he turned to the darkside, along with his saber skills he's more powerful.

POWJ
Yes kermzike is correct Lucas did say that but he also said that the Emporer was dissapointed cause mechanical Vader is not what he was expecting. It made anakin much weaker than he would have been. That is why the emporer wanted Luke so bad Cause he had more potential than mechanical Vader.

astrofan428
Originally posted by POWJ
Yes kermzike is correct Lucas did say that but he also said that the Emporer was dissapointed cause mechanical Vader is not what he was expecting. It made anakin much weaker than he would have been. That is why the emporer wanted Luke so bad Cause he had more potential than mechanical Vader.

He may have been dissapointed, but he was probably happy since Vader could no longer overthrow him.

((The_Anomaly))
lol...this pole is a little one-sided id say..

kremzike
Ah, good point. because he had to consider that possibility when since he knew that Vader would've been stronger than him eventually. He's like, "Well, he's not going to be as strong as I originally hoped, but he'll be strong enough... plus, I can destroy him if he ever decides to turn on me. Sweet deal!"

spencerspider
thank u all i will show my dad lol

Lazerlike42
Lucas himelf has said that he loses most of his power after he is burned. I forget the number, it's like he loses 50% or 75% of his power or something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.