Free lightsabers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

adamrubin
if all the jedi died how come none of the clone troopers took any of the lightsabers from the dead jedi??

astrofan428
Who knows...

I see rough times ahead for this thread.

LightSaber_Part
maybe because they like there blasters and guns better and maybe because the don't know how to use a Lightsaber.

adamrubin
and what happened to the Gunships aswell?

LightSaber_Part
you mean the clone gunships??

smoker4
Originally posted by adamrubin
if all the jedi died how come none of the clone troopers took any of the lightsabers from the dead jedi??

Why? and why? and also

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/smoker4/lil-jonblinging.png

I want my free lightsaber now confused

astrofan428
The troopers are way too clumsy for lightsabers. They would be safer running with scissors.

((The_Anomaly))
1) clone troops are not trained with them

2) sabers are pretty much usless in combat situations for most non-force users. although a normal person could train to use a saber (although never as well as a force user) he or she would never be able to deflect laser bolts, making a lightsaber useless in most hands. cause if a clone tropper ran at you with a lightsaber all you'd have to do is shoot him in the face with a blaster, he would not be able to do anything, as non-force users lack "jedi reflexes"

so thats why, pretty much...

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
1) clone troops are not trained with them

2) sabers are pretty much usless in combat situations for most non-force users. although a normal person could train to use a saber (although never as well as a force user) he or she would never be able to deflect laser bolts, making a lightsaber useless in most hands. cause if a clone tropper ran at you with a lightsaber all you'd have to do is shoot him in the face with a blaster, he would not be able to do anything, as non-force users lack "jedi reflexes"

so thats why, pretty much...

Good point Master Anomaly has yes

astrofan428
Truly wonderful the mind of Anomaly is,

Andrew McLeod
Why the hell would they want a lightsaber? Why does it matter? It's just so...pointless...lol

((The_Anomaly))
pirate

kremzike
They did take them! They'd fight over them every time, and sometimes they'd use contests to see who would get to keep it. Pie eating. Sack races. Archery. Ewok tossing. Sadly, a lot of the winners would take them to their clone homes (each decorated with the same furniture) and try to use the lightsaber. They always had a difficult time figuring out how to turn them on, and usually ended up pointing the emitter right at their faces when they finally got it right, thereby stabbing themselves through the face with the colored blade. The clones genetically engineered brains didn't lend themselves to friendship outside of work, so nobody ever went to check on the clones when they didn't return to duty the next day. So, many lightsabers are laying on the abandoned floors of many clone bedrooms. Sad, really.

ShadowKing
I heard Commander Cody has sixteen of them built in a chandelier at his palatial estate.

mysterio69
cuz they'd probably chop their bollocks off.

astrofan428
Originally posted by ShadowKing
I heard Commander Cody has sixteen of them built in a chandelier at his palatial estate.

That actually sounds cool.

Lazerlike42
If they really wanted lightsabers they could just as well build their own, they probably just threw them away or scrapped them for parts.

Darth Kip
and i got excited about a free lightsaber now im mad

Darth Bong
You got my hopes up for a free master replica saber. Maybe someday.......... smokin'

UberJediMaster9
i agree. As stated in several books the lightsaber is supposed to have a gyroscopic (gravity warping) affect. this would most likely lead to the clones killing themselves... and their children (if u know what i mean).

Darth Kip
umm im waiting for my free lightsaber if i dont get it i hope you fall in a hole and break your femur

The Biker Scout
Originally posted by adamrubin

Are you serious dude? laughing

The New History
Why doesn't the ligthsaber have a safe button, couldn't it hit the side of the Jedi wile his saber is on his belt and ignite? Who knows maybe they do kind of up to me. And Who says they didn't take the sabers anyway? They could have taken them off screen, and whichever clone got the saber would die in 10 minutes, or 20, minutes however long you want it. this is where you come in and decide what you want it to be.

jedijunky1138
Look! The Emperor most likely made this type of weapon illegal after the fall of the Old republic. His disdain for the Jedi probably prompted him to try and wipe the memories of the Jedi from the minds of every single being in the galaxy. Seeing these weapons being used by anyone would bring back the memories and possibly sympathy for heroes from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. This could lead to secret sects of underground Jedi training that would threaten Palpatine's rule.

JediMasterRetro
Which of course did happen becuase Obi Wan or Ben Kenobi had two

The Ones
what about vaders saber, we can see his

Hybris
well vader is the most loyal servant of the emperor, besides , Vader was the most powerful force-user with a lightsaber.

The Ones
he was the only force user with a light saber (obi wan cut off his connection with the force when he went into exile didnt he?) and yoda lost his

Darth Malentous
I agree that the Clone troopers probabley wouldnt have anny advantage whit the lightsabers tho non-force units can still make a match , just like General Grievous , (though he still was easely killed) he had a great lightsabering skill (alrigh he had 4 arms , 2 arms advantage :P) and as he said he had an COLLECTION of lightsabers that are probably PROBABLY , from his fallen fictims , i have to agree whit the fact the Grievous is way more diffrent from ordanairie Clone Troopers , but Grievous still proves that non-force units make a match and so Clone Trooper COULD have picked up light sabers , and the COULD have used it as a LAST STAND weapon (using this as a primairy weapon would just be silly being a non-force unit) so i must disagree whit some of you'r opinons that clone troopers would kill themselfs :P whit lightsabers
also some of the Imperial Guards carry smal lightsabers , and being non-force they still make a good match , wel u just dont have to have an encounter whit a main character :P

wel of course the problem is that we'l never know , cuz it never happend..... or did it?

(for the dudes who cant remember imperial guards the dudes in the red suits yoda pushes away in Episode 3 when he enters Palpatines office , srry cant place links somehow messed )

muserke
Originally posted by The Ones
he was the only force user with a light saber (obi wan cut off his connection with the force when he went into exile didnt he?)
Then how did he use a jedi mind trick on the sandtroopers on Tatooine?

JediMasterRetro
He reconnected No i dont he cut off from it he just hid it by waiting

Darth Malentous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.