would Dooku taken if he lived?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
The practice of the sith: if the Apprentice surpass the master, the master fall. If Count Dooku was not betrayed by Palpatine and lived, would he have surpass his master?

Was the current Dooku as good as Sidious?

astrofan428
I dont believe he was powerful enough, if it werent for the death of Maul he wouldnt even be his apprentice.

Lazerlike42
I do not believe so. Sidious had learned a great many things from Plagieus, as he said. He also, as we see in his conversation with Anakin, has realized it is a mistake to teach the apprentice all that one knows, so he would always withold important knowledge from Dooku.

UberJediMaster9
i do not think dooku couldve toppled sidious when sidious had the kyber crystal

mysterio69
dooku didn't have a chance. he'd start trash-talkin' to palps and palps would be all like, "not in my house!" and he'd force lightning dooku till he was a piece of charcoal.

joesha28
Mual was good as a fighter, But Dooku is both. Dooku is the master of the Makashi (form 2) and he knows to use the force lightning ( only a very powerful sith knows how to use that)

astrofan428
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
so he would always withold important knowledge from Dooku.

Yeah, like the fact he has been grooming a new apprentice for 13 years. stick out tongue

Lazerlike42
Maul may have known how but it didn't really come up for him to use it.

joesha28
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
Maul may have known how but it didn't really come up for him to use it.

may or may not, debatable.

joesha28
But Only a strong and well learnt sith could do force lightning. Than how could Sidious withhold certain things to Dooku.

Lazerlike42
He could teach him how to do force lightning that doesn't require he teach him other things. Just because I teach you algebra it doesn't mean I have to show you calculus.

joesha28
so that's the case Sidious must be one damn powerful sith. he must have withhold certain powers form Vader.

Lazerlike42
well he did but also Lucas has stated that Vader lost much of his power when he lost his limbs and was burned in the lava and lost the ability to do many things. This includes force lightning.

Lord Yoda
Originally posted by joesha28
The practice of the sith: if the Apprentice surpass the master, the master fall. If Count Dooku was not betrayed by Palpatine and lived, would he have surpass his master?

Was the current Dooku as good as Sidious?

no chance no

joesha28
I assume that Sidious had a purpose for choosing his apprentice. Maul was to destroy blacksun and demean the Jedi, Dooku was to rip apart the republic with war and Anakin was to help Sidious build the Empire, death star.

Lazerlike42
I would say that Sidious did not intend to lose Maul and need to recruit another. He therefore did not have a specific, unique purpose for each.

He trained Maul from youth, forging him into a powerful Sith over the course of years. However, at the time of Maul's death, it was too deep into his plan for Sidious to train another apprentice from such a young age as he needed one very soon. This is why he chose Dooku. Dooku was perfect because he had already trained with the Jedi for decades, and he had also left the order and begun to experiment with the dark side, so he already had some knowledge in that area as well. This is why Sidious chose Dooku.

chilled monkey
Dooku would be a great Sith Master.

juggernaut74
I honestly Think Dooku was as powerful as Sidious. He took on Anakin and Obi-Wan twice and held his own rather well. Kenobi is one of the greatest Jedi during his time.

Then you have the Clone Wars cartoons in which he plays with Grievous and Ventress.

I really think Dooku could give Sidious a run for his money.

POWJ
No Dooku could not surpass sidious the awnser is obvious. Dooku is older than Sidious and well past his prime he hasnt gotten any stronger between ep2 & 3 cause he already is at his zenith. I dont think even in his youth he could beat Sidious.

Robin Darkside
Dooku is old and weak, he has no chance

Fishy
I think he does have a chance he might actually win..

He just didn't want to, Dooku doesn't seem as Dark as a Sith should be to me. More like somebody that just wants to change things who is unhappy with the Jedi Order and the republic and wants them to change. If he would have wanted to he could have confronted Sidious and unless it would turn out to be a duel of force powers Dooku would win, and even with force powers Sidious isn't all that much better then Dooku. Yes he is better but not necessarily enough to make him win that battle easily. Not to mention that Sidious his most powerful attack could be blocked with a lightsaber.

The fight however would not be worth the time for Dooku and especially not at that moment when the Republic hasn't even fallen yet, when his war wasn't finished yet. Even if Dooku would have been alive after Rots I doubt he would have killed Sidious. He seems like a loyal little fellow

juggernaut74
How do you guys know how old Sidious is?

joesha28
sidious is def older than Dooku. He has mastered the darkside to keep himself young.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.