x-men vs jla best line up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

derrick24
I have seen people pit these combatants together but they did a horrible job. This is my list.

Jla

Superman
wonderwomen
martian manhunter
aquaman
hawkgirl
flash
green lantern
batman

x-men

Colossus
wolverine
storm
joseph (magneto clone)
cannonball (adult version, that absorbs kinetic energy)
rachel
iceman
northstar (moves at lightspeed)

who would win.

BENITO
X-MEN

JRW
X-MEN

derrick24
xmen kinda easy if you ask me

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by derrick24
Jla

Superman
wonderwomen
martian manhunter
aquaman
hawkgirl
flash
green lantern
batman

x-men

Colossus
wolverine
storm
joseph (magneto clone)
rachel
iceman
Can Northstar move at the lightspeed? I've read that he had the potential but... obviously he's not going to get there now.

Anyway, it looks like Iceman, Joseph, and maybe Cannonball are the only ones they'd have trouble beating. Especially Iceman since he can reform.

derrick24
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Can Northstar move at the lightspeed? I've read that he had the potential but... obviously he's not going to get there now.

Anyway, it looks like Iceman, Joseph, and maybe Cannonball are the only ones they'd have trouble beating. Especially Iceman since he can reform.

Northstar can easily go at lightspeed with no problem, he would be more than a match for flash. And you forgot about rachel being a problem (if you know who she is), wolverine would be a problem, since he is superior to batman and aquaman. Colossus is more than a challenge for superman and wonderwomen and any other of the fighters, except mm.

Do you know anything about the any of the xmen. Colossus is superman except superman has additional powers but colossus can take as much punishment as superman could, he might could take more, since the current superman get nose bleeds and black eyes and getting stabbed in the chest by ral uhl. I have never seen colossus get damaged in any kind of way, hmmm, makes you think.

Swanky-Tuna
Northstar can easily go at lightspeed with no problem, he would be more than a match for flash.
Flash would squash Northstar with his speed force abilities.

Manhunter

Daughter of Jean Grey and Scott Summers from an alternate reality. Has access to a fraction of the phoenix force her "mom" does.

Wolverine is in no way superior to Aquaman. Aquaman mindwipes Wolverine.

Not only is Colossus nothing more than a hassle to Supes, WW, and Manhunter due to their superior speed, fighting skills (Wonder Woman only) and strength, but Wonder Woman lassos him and he's out of the fight.

Yep

Additional powers like all the powers that make him superior to Colossus. Plus he's stronger and possibly more durable. Superman is dicey sometimes.

Like I said, Superman is dicey. Sometimes he gets hurt, sometimes he doesn't. Plus magic is a problem.

What about when he got paralyzed by that knife thrower or cracked the crap up by Pyro and co.?

derrick24
when colossus was paralyzed by a guy throwing thousands of knifes a second did you see him physically harmed, no. pyro never caused colosus any kind of physical harm, these to arguments that your bringing up dont compare to what superman had. Like a black eye, nose bleed, cut, stabbed, jaw broke, etc...Colossus is more than durable enough to go h2h with superman. North and flash would be a great fight, flash was getting his butt handed to him by cheetah with additional speed, until she gave him a kiss and he took her speed. Answer this question how is aquaman going to beat wolverine, the only thing that aquaman has over wolverine is strength. Wolverine also has blocks in his head that would stop the psychic shock from aquaman. Wolverine would own aquaman.

DarkCrawler
Wolverine owning someone who has Class 100 strenght, telepathic abilities on par with Emma Frost, greater durablity, nearly as good fighting skills, and an magical water hand?

No, he will get his ass handed by Aquaman. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Superman would just rip Colossus's head away and throw it somewhere far.

Swanky-Tuna
when colossus was paralyzed by a guy throwing thousands of knifes a second did you see him physically harmed, no.
If getting hurt by knives isn't harm then me eating this baby isn't infanticide.

Really? I could of sworn Pyro and Avalanche nearly killed him with the help of liquid nitrogen.

Black eye and broken jaw from what? You know what? It'll be an even worse beating than all the times Juggernaut beat him down as a teen.

Yes. Northstar won't do crap when Flash is all like
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/zanpanzer/PublicityJackofSpades.jpg
IS THIS YOUR SPEED?!

He also has durability. To tell you the truth, he'd probably just hook him on his grapple and fling his kitty cat crap back to Canada.

DarkCrawler
laughing out loud

Blair Wind
ok green lantern could just put them all in a huge green ball, and even though i usually argue on any team that has Iceman or any type of magneto person, those two would serouisly be the only trouble, since Northstar running at those speeds would get speed wiped by Flash stealing all his speed and giving it to either himself or the others, Wolvie aint gonna do squat, Colossus isnt a match for supes or WW, or MM. Id say unless Iceman and Joseph can pull something out their ass JLA wins

but then theirs cannonball, since when can he absorb kinetic energy? (isnt that what Flash does?) i still think JLA wins though

ZephroCarnelian
Who the hell is saying that Collossus is a match for Supes??? lol! Obviously someone who doesn't have an INKLING of who Superman is.

Superman can lift a 200,000 ton aircraft carrier - in ONE hand! He could rip Collossus in half with no effort whatsoever.

And can Northstar move as fast as the Flash? I've heard hearsay and rumour and that's it. No scans. We all know that Flash is as fast as light. Northstar wouldn't even be able to see Flash. Then you add Flash's speed-force powers and it's all over for NOrthstar. Flash could make Northstar trip over at xxxx miles per hour and go chin first into a tree.

Iceman would just be evaporated by Supes' heat vision, then sucked into his super lungs, flown into space and breathed out into the cold void.

The JLA will win this match up.

And they will win it with contemptuous ease.

FieryBalrog
why do we keep doing these JLA vs X-men threads? Everyone on this forum should know by now they are different teams with different power levels. Just about everyone on the JLA has multiple powers, or if they have one its ramped up to ridiculous levels like the Flash.

The JLA would laugh if a guy with super strength and durability asked to join them, but thats precisely what the X-men have in Colossus.

ZephroCarnelian
Well done Balrog.

JLA are a different team, from a different universe, who fight different villains, for a different target audience.

Superman alone could possibly manhandle the X-Men, or so it's been debated in other threads. And yet people then add the rest of the JLA into the equation and try to make out the XMen stand a chance.

Without Phoenix, X-Men can't beat JLA. And it should be left at that.

derrick24
could aquaman shrug off wolverine claws, no he cant, if he could he wouldnt have one hand would he. wolverine is capable of beating batman and aquaman. Thing is a great fighter with durability and 100 ton strength but wolverine had him on the ground crying like he was 2, so your point with giving me a bio on aquaman powers.

Now lets get to superman, who has a nose bleed on a regular basis. Superman consider VENOM the greatest threat he has ever fought. I dont care if it was a crossover, i dont care if you think that marvel or dc did a horrible job, it happened. Superman got stabbed by ral uhl and almost got killed, superman got shot in the head by a guy who has no powers (but he did have a krytonite bullet) but he still thought that he was dead. Colossus is more than a match for supernosebleed and blackeye. Colossus would lose to superman but the fight would last longer enough for him to get assistance from other members of the xmen.

Green lantern has iron in his blood, joseph would take care of him pretty fast. Rachel would destroy mm, if you say other wise than you dont know who rachel is. Wolverine will gut aquaman and then have batman for breakfast. Iceman would freeze hawk girl and freeze the blood in wonderwomens body leaving her for an opening attack from either storm or wolverine. than superman would have an entire team of angry xmen to deal with and the rest of the xmen would leave, leaving rachel to take superman down any many way that you can imagine.

I didnt even have to use the entire xmen line up. Happy Dance

Swanky-Tuna
could aquaman shrug off wolverine claws, no he cant, if he could he wouldnt have one hand would he. wolverine is capable of beating batman and aquaman. Thing is a great fighter with durability and 100 ton strength but wolverine had him on the ground crying like he was 2, so your point with giving me a bio on aquaman powers.
Can Wolverine fight if he's punched into the next state?

Plus Thing doesn't have telepathy. Wolverine has been affected telepathically and if Aquaman could screw with the mind of a white martian, he can get past any Pansy Canadian blocks he's got.

You spam this constantly but never say what gives him the bloody nose. You can sure bet monsters like Doomsday would completely smear Wolverine and Colossus.

Company crossovers aren't canon so in their respective universes, they didn't happen.

Knowing ra's al'gul, it was probably a magic knife. One of Superman's vulnerabilities.

Self explanatory.

Head vision. Ice breath.

But he also has a ring that is programmed to keep the lantern alive.

Emma Frost took out Rachel. Manhunter can repeat it.

Nobody likes Hawkgirl. You obviously don't know much about the JLA if you put Hawkgirl on the "best line up"

How is he going to concentrate on a person moving at supersonic speeds?

Both she can take by herself.

Who will of been mind raped by manhunter.

Here's a scenario.

Flash steals all their speed. Wonder Woman casually ties them up with her lasso. END

That only took 2 people. Flash could do it by himself if WW lent him the lasso.

derrick24
You have it backwards rachel took out emma. Lets put it like this joseph would just control all of the iron in there blood making it so they wont be able to move. Dont say that superman dont have iron in his blood because i seen in a issue where a guy turned superman iron in his blood into kryptonite. And while they are in a frozen state by magneto, wolverine would be able to go around and see who his claws work on, stabbing each of them in the head. If his claws dont work on superman, they would have rachel absorb all of superman solar energy then wolverine has another shot at stabbing that head again. Only had to use 2 people to bring the jla down.

Swanky-Tuna
Who's going to react faster? The guy hindered by the speed of thought or the guy who can operate at lightspeeds?

derrick24
who can operate at the speed of light beside flash on the jla. From my knowledge superman can only go faster than a speed bullet. Superman is nowhere near the speed of light. If he is please give me a sight on where it says that because the last sight i read it says that he can only go up to 3000 mile a second, which is how fast a bullet goes.

Swanky-Tuna
who can operate at the speed of light beside flash on the jla. From my knowledge superman can only go faster than a speed bullet. Superman is nowhere near the speed of light. If he is please give me a sight on where it says that because the last sight i read it says that he can only go up to 3000 mile a second, which is how fast a bullet goes.
I'm not talking about Superman. I'm talking about Flash who will steal all their speed.

Superman can hit a high percentage of lightspeed but I don't know how much. You can look here and see where fans are quoting comics where he has moved faster than a bullet.

Blair Wind
besides Flash? anyone he gives speed to.......ok man i got to admit i would usually argue for the x-men, with iceman and Joseph being the big hitters (i can think of some ways that iceman could take supes) but JLA wins.....MM is more powerful than Xavier, Flash has toooo many speed tricks, Aquaman could beat the snot out of wolvie telepathically (and dont count Batman out) also Green Lantern has control over the electromagnetic spectrum (which is what Mags controls) and a hue of other powers.....JLA wins man

derrick24
you forgot about rachel who has control of the phoenix force

Swanky-Tuna
A small, small portion.

And you forget that when your speed is stolen, you can't use powers.

Creshosk
Flash could do it by himself if WW lent him the lasso. Why would he need to borrow the lasso?

derrick24
so youre saying that flash is going to give jla the win ( which i really doubt could happen). The jla had a hard time with the weak version of the xmen during access crossover. I dont understand how they could handle some of the xmen heaviest hitters.

derrick24
rachel could also take away the powers of the jla, phoenix does that all the time.

derrick24
this is rachel powers:

inherited psionic Powers and Abilities:
telepath able to read minds, project thoughts, send out her astral form, and manipulate thoughts to control minds, cast illusions, and alter memories, psychokinetic able to lift, direct, and manipulate physical objects, project psionic force blasts, generate force fields, and fly, project the consciousnesses of herself and other humans through the fabric of time and space c power that she manifests as telepathy, psychokinesis, and a chronoskimming talent that enables her to draw forth her own mind or the minds of others and send them into the timestream, causing them to arrive in another time period either in an astral form, within their own body or that of their closest ancestor or descendant; formerly acted as host of the Phoenix Force, which amplified her telepathic and telekinetic abilities and allowed her to physically transport herself and other people or objects through time at will

ZephroCarnelian
The Flash: Speed of Light

Supes: 2000 miles per second (running)

Bullet from SA80 Assault Rifle British Royal Army: 2115 mile per hour

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both Flash and Superman run many, MANY times faster than a bullet. They've both shown the ability to accelerate from standstill to such speeds virtually instantly.

Flash's lightspeed punches can take care of most of the X-Men quite easily. Collossus would be harder, but Flash'd just leave him to Supes.

If the JLA were to go all out, these two heavy hitters would destroy the X-Men in the first second of the fight.

Before the X-Men could react to anything, or think of anything, or twitch a muscle.

That's before you add WonderWoman (supersonic, superstrong, excellent fighting skill, indestructable bracelets, unbreakable lasso), Martian Manhunter (flight, superspeed+strength, very very powerful telepath, laser eyes) etc etc etc....

The X-Men are going down.

Very quickly indeed.

derrick24
rachel flies at warp speed, faster than the speed of light. North star was classified as moving at the speed of light. Like you said before northstar and rachel could take out aquaman and rachel could take out diana and martian manhunter before they blink a eye, (since mm does hate fire and rachael have plenty of that) and north star would speed blitz batman. When have you seen superman use his speed in a fight, never. Like i said before magneto would stop the blood in superman body or make all the blood in his entire body go out of his nose and mouth. Since superman speed blitz all the time why didnt he speed blitz the team of villians that ral ul had, instead superman got stabbed in the chest.

ZephroCarnelian
Magneto said that Northstar doesn't even move as fast as Quicksilver.

When has Rachel fought at warp speed...?

Why do people say 'Supes never uses he speed'? It's ebcause of that one fight with Doomsday. Superman uses his speed all the time, blocking bullets, lasers, chasing missiles/spaceships etc etc etc. Read a Superman comic.

Oh yeah - plus Red Son Superman defated the ENTIRE GL Corp before they could move. Never speed blitzes eh?

Like I said, read some Supes comics.

Why would Mags magnetic powers do anything to Supes? Supes has a constantly refreshed bio-field surrounding his body. I don't believe that Supes could be injured on a magnetic level by magneto. Superman has flown into blackholes and stars - there's nothing in Mag's arsenal that he hasn't faced before.

kgkg
Superman can take most of X-men by himself.

Superherovandal
even if Northstar can move at the speed of light what happens when Flash gives speed to all of his teammates. Then you have the JLA Light. Flash could also then steal all of the Xmen's speed. And the JLA Light then pummels them.

FieryBalrog

no she doesnt. Shes not a host right now. She has a fraction, lent to her by her mother.

FieryBalrog
rachel could also take away the powers of the jla, phoenix does that all the time.

too bad rachel isn't phoenix. This isn't 1984.

You have it backwards rachel took out emma.
Emma took out Rachel in a recent Uncanny issue.

Lets put it like this joseph would just control all of the iron in there blood making it so they wont be able to move. Dont say that superman dont have iron in his blood because i seen in a issue where a guy turned superman iron in his blood into kryptonite. And while they are in a frozen state by magneto, wolverine would be able to go around and see who his claws work on, stabbing each of them in the head. If his claws dont work on superman, they would have rachel absorb all of superman solar energy then wolverine has another shot at stabbing that head again. Only had to use 2 people to bring the jla down.

wolverine is utterly superfluous in this matchup. Seriously, get a clue about wolverine. he would be thrown into the next state within .3 seconds of the fight starting.

joseph was never as powerful as Magneto- he didn't have the experience or the training. Oh, and youre still overrating him. I'm a huge X-men fan, and I think the JLA are boring as all heck, but they'd sure as hell kick the crap out of this X-men lineup. The two groups are on different levels. The JLA's biggest advantage in this matchup is SPEED. They have at least FOUR members with superspeed, with Flash going at above lightspeed, Supes close to lightspeed, WW and MM at supersonic speeds. Within seconds Rachel, Storm and anyone with no defensive abilities would be out of commission, leaving iceman, cannonball and joseph to fight the entire battle. All of whom would be meat to the telepaths and/or superman.

derrick24
you all give superman to much credit, he isnt even invulnerable, he can just take a lot of punishment. superman isnt speed blitzing anyone if he speed blitz all of the time he would have speed blitz that team that made batman and superman go against the world, the team that ral ul created but since he didnt speed blitz he ended up with a blade in his chest by ral ul.
this is a great fight and i think the xmen could win this fight starting with storm creating 50 tornadoes over the jla heads giving the xmen time to think of a plan. Superman does have iron in his blood, in the same serious where he got stabbed a guy in that book turned his iron into kryptonite.

FieryBalrog
you all give superman to much credit, he isnt even invulnerable, he can just take a lot of punishment. superman isnt speed blitzing anyone if he speed blitz all of the time he would have speed blitz that team that made batman and superman go against the world, the team that ral ul created but since he didnt speed blitz he ended up with a blade in his chest by ral ul.
this is a great fight and i think the xmen could win this fight starting with storm creating 50 tornadoes over the jla heads giving the xmen time to think of a plan. Superman does have iron in his blood, in the same serious where he got stabbed a guy in that book turned his iron into kryptonite.

except Superman IS invulnerable. He has a bio field. Each of his cells is superpowered and immune to most damage, the things disrupting it being certain energy attacks (like electricity- a lot of it) and magic.

derrick24
superman isnt invulnerable, he is nigh invulnerable, when youre invulnerable there is no physical harm. Superman has had a broken jaw, stabbed by doomsday, black eyes, nose bleed, etc... Rachel would own superman. Colossus would give superman a good fight but would lose in the end. Joseph can control the iron in superman blood, making him his toy. iceman can freeze superman blood in his body, dont matter how invulnerable you are against a power like that. Cannonball can take punches from superman (as long as he is in that bio field) and absorb the punch and send it back to superman. Thats how he almost knocked gladiator out. When gladiator told him that he was going to punch him to the sun, out of fear as soon as gladiator punch connected he absorbed it and punched him back with the same strength that gladiator used against him, if you all read the book you would have known that. Wolverine is capable of killing hawkgirl, batman, and aquaman, once he kills one of them he would go to the other and kill him or her then the other, do you get my point.

This is cannonball powers:
Powers and Abilities:
generate thermochemical energy as a blast field, which can act as propulsion, bio-kinetic blasts, a protective force shield, and a containment field around his opponent, or absorb kinetic energy to create shockwaves or supercharge the force behind his punches

do you see where it says absorb kinetic energy, which would be superman punch and he would send it right back at him. Superman has no way of hurting cannonball (this is the adult version). Cannonball can just keep absorbing superman punches and sending it right back at him. No one with superstrength has ever broke the bio field that surround cannonball, he is completely indestructible, when in flight.

derrick24
if you know of a way superman could beat cannonball please let me know because i know for a fact that cannonball can absorb any punch superman brings to the table, he use that power in all of his comics. Cannonball only weakness is magic and he flies at the speed of sound.

derrick24
this is another example of cannonball powers:

Powers: mutant - release thermochemical energy as an impenetrable blast field, using it as a personal shield or extending it to encompass others, focus it into rocket thrust or bio-kinetic blasts from his hands, shape the field around another person to imprison them, or absorb outside kinetic impact into his own energy supply, then rechannel it to increase the bludgeoning power of his blows or create explosive shock waves upon impact

superman cannot beat him no way possible.

Creshosk
superman isnt invulnerable, he is nigh invulnerable, when youre invulnerable there is no physical harm. Superman has had a broken jaw, stabbed by doomsday, black eyes, nose bleed, etc... Rachel would own superman.Since when does Rachel have superhuman strength?

Wolverine is capable of killing hawkgirl, batman, and aquaman, once he kills one of them he would go to the other and kill him or her then the other, do you get my point. Hawkgirl. . maybe, Batman. . . maybe. . .

Aquaman. . . Hell no.

derrick24
creshock why didnt you answer my previous question about cannonball and superman and while youre answering the question please look at cannonball powers.

derrick24
why wouldnt he be able to take aquaman, aquaman would have some serious wounds on his part and might bleed to death.

derrick24
when did i say that rachel have superstrength, i said she would own him by her power alone.

derrick24
this is a bio of colossus:

Powers: mutant-exotic carbon-polymer flesh gives him enhanced strength and can reorganize its structure with a charge of bio-energy so that his entire body transforms into organic steel, increasing his size, strength, speed and endurance while making him virtually indestructible and capable of surviving without food or air

how is superman going to beat someone with this kind of power in minutes, use your brain.

Nataku8188

And she has trouble holding up Providence.

Martian Manhunter makes her his *****.

Creshosk
why wouldnt he be able to take aquaman, aquaman would have some serious wounds on his part and might bleed to death.
How would Wolverine get past Aquaman's psychic powers?

Powers: mutant-exotic carbon-polymer flesh gives him enhanced strength and can reorganize its structure with a charge of bio-energy so that his entire body transforms into organic steel, increasing his size, strength, speed and endurance while making him virtually indestructible and capable of surviving without food or air

how is superman going to beat someone with this kind of power in minutes, use your brain. 250,000 tons >>>>> 70 tons

Nataku8188

how is superman going to beat someone with this kind of power in minutes, use your brain.

The same way Juggernaut did it. Beat his ass till he stops moving.

derrick24
creshosk you know nothing of colossus, he no longer lift 75 tons he is in the 100 ton range. the guy lifted an entire submarine (over a 1000 tons) with 1 hand and swam with the other and brought it to shore. Its no telling how strong colossus is now.

Nataku8188
creshosk you know nothing of colossus, he no longer lift 75 tons he is in the 100 ton range. the guy lifted an entire submarine (over a 1000 tons) with 1 hand and swam with the other and brought it to shore. Its no telling how strong colossus is now.

A lot weaker than Superman.

derrick24
Originally posted by Nataku8188
The same way Juggernaut did it. Beat his ass till he stops moving.

to be honest i think that juggernaut would slap superman around to, he slapped thor around and almost killed him and he also koed hulk with 3 punches. juggernaut would be supermans pimp. Happy Dance

Creshosk
creshosk you know nothing of colossus, he no longer lift 75 tons he is in the 100 ton range. the guy lifted an entire submarine (over a 1000 tons) with 1 hand and swam with the other and brought it to shore. Its no telling how strong colossus is now. Lift weight in water is alot different than land lift weight.

I can't normally pick up even 100 lbs, but in the water I could pick up close to 400 lbs.

Regardless Superman's strength is still well above Collosus's strength.

Nataku8188
i think

You claim to, but either you're lieing or something upstairs is broken.

derrick24
A lot weaker than Superman.

how do you know if that was his limit with the submarine. He did pick it up with 1 hand, and it was at the bottom of the sea which give it more weight. So you dont know what colossus is capable of. Please dont let me bring up the time captain marvel hit superman in the back of the head with 1 punch koeing him. great durability superman has.

Nataku8188
how do you know if that was his limit with the submarine. He did pick it up with 1 hand, and it was at the bottom of the sea which give it more weight. So you dont know what colossus is capable of. Please dont let me bring up the time captain marvel hit superman in the back of the head with 1 punch koeing him. great durability superman has.

Gives it less weight, moron.

derrick24
this is cannonball powers, how is superman going to beat someone that can absorb every punch he makes and send it back to him.

Powers: mutant - release thermochemical energy as an impenetrable blast field, using it as a personal shield or extending it to encompass others, focus it into rocket thrust or bio-kinetic blasts from his hands, shape the field around another person to imprison them, or absorb outside kinetic impact into his own energy supply, then rechannel it to increase the bludgeoning power of his blows or create explosive shock waves upon impact

Creshosk
how do you know if that was his limit with the submarine. He did pick it up with 1 hand, and it was at the bottom of the sea which give it more weight. So you dont know what colossus is capable of. Please dont let me bring up the time captain marvel hit superman in the back of the head with 1 punch koeing him. great durability superman has. Because the water displaces the weight of the object you're lifting.

http://www.plus2physics.com/hydrostatics/study_material.asp?chapter=3

derrick24
Gives it less weight, moron.

Have you heard anything about pressure when you go so far down in a ocean, you might havent heard of that because it seems like your talking about a swimming pool. rolling on floor laughing

Nataku8188
this is cannonball powers, how is superman going to beat someone that can absorb every punch he makes and send it back to him.

Ice breath. Heat vision. Grab his ass and haul him into space.

Nataku8188
Have you heard anything about pressure when you go so far down in a ocean, you might havent heard of that because it seems like your talking about a swimming pool. rolling on floor laughing

Do you even know what pressure is?

derrick24
im glad you showed me that, you proved me wrong but he also carried the sub to a safe place on land with one hand so he still displayed that he could lift more than youre thinking.

Creshosk
Have you heard anything about pressure when you go so far down in a ocean, you might havent heard of that because it seems like your talking about a swimming pool. rolling on floor laughing That sort of pressure is from all sides, INCLUDING pushing up from below. That's a nonfactor to lifting something in water.

derrick24
Ice breath. Heat vision. Grab his ass and haul him into space.

Ice breath wont work, heat vision wont work, grabbing and trying to take him to space wont work and all of this is due to the fact that he is totally indestructible by physical means while hes flying. How could you grip a force field and throw it, you cant. Superman has no way of beating cannonball, someone that can absorb any type of punishment superman throw at him and give it back.

derrick24
Originally posted by Creshosk
That sort of pressure is from all sides, INCLUDING pushing up from below. That's a nonfactor to lifting something in water.

I said he was right but he also lifted it on land and sat it in place with one hand. colossus can give superman a run for his money.

Creshosk
Ice breath wont work, heat vision wont work, grabbing and trying to take him to space wont work and all of this is due to the fact that he is totally indestructible by physical means while hes flying. How could you grip a force field and throw it, you cant. Superman has no way of beating cannonball, someone that can absorb any type of punishment superman throw at him and give it back. His forcefeild is a kinetic forcefeild, that doesn't mean that it protects him form thermal energy attacks.

And I just realized that you were talking about Ultimate Collosus and not the 616 collosus.

Creshosk
I said he was right but he also lifted it on land and sat it in place with one hand. colossus can give superman a run for his money. You're talking about Ultimate Collosus.

616 collosus never did anything like that.

derrick24
You're talking about Ultimate Collosus.

616 collosus never did anything like that.

he is just as strong, have you forgot that with age, mutants get stronger. Colossus durability and strength has increased. He is metallo, and from my knowledge metallo gives superman a run for his money.

Creshosk
he is just as strong, have you forgot that with age, mutants get stronger. Colossus durability and strength has increased. He is metallo, and from my knowledge metallo gives superman a run for his money. No he isn't.

Different dimensions have different powers.

derrick24
His forcefeild is a kinetic forcefeild, that doesn't mean that it protects him form thermal energy attacks.

And I just realized that you were talking about Ultimate Collosus and not the 616 collosus.

You dont know anything about cannonball. cannonball can absorb and take any type of punishment. The guy grabbed a villian and ran head on to a gas tank and flew right out of the explosion. Superman heat vision isnt working on cannonball, sorry to tell you that. superman punches isnt working on cannonball or his ice breath. Now if this is the young cannonball superman would own him but im talking about the adult cannonball, the uber powerful one.

derrick24
i looked at the bio of both the ultimate and main colossus and they have the same powers, nothing different. He is more than a challenge for superman.

Creshosk
i looked at the bio of both the ultimate and main colossus and they have the same powers, nothing different. He is more than a challenge for superman. 616 collosus's strength is listed at 70 tons.

Ultimate collosus's strengthis listed at class 100. . .

There is a big difference there.

You dont know anything about cannonball. cannonball can absorb and take any type of punishment. The guy grabbed a villian and ran head on to a gas tank and flew right out of the explosion. Superman heat vision isnt working on cannonball, sorry to tell you that. superman punches isnt working on cannonball or his ice breath. Now if this is the young cannonball superman would own him but im talking about the adult cannonball, the uber powerful one. Heat vision and ice breath are not kinetic attacks, they are thermal attacks.

derrick24
616 collosus's strength is listed at 70 tons.

Ultimate collosus's strengthis listed at class 100. . .

There is a big difference there.

Heat vision and ice breath are not kinetic attacks, they are thermal attacks.

Answer this question; why didnt gladiator heat vision work on cannonball. why when ice man covered cannonball in ice during a training session he expanded his force field and broke free. Is superman powers different from both of these characters.

derrick24
the only weakness cannonball has is magic, it tears him up everytime, it superman dont have that, hes not getting thru that force field.

derrick24
are you getting colossus strength from the old version of marvel directory, go look at the updated version, it will simply tell you hes in the 100 ton range.

Creshosk
are you getting colossus strength from the old version of marvel directory, go look at the updated version, it will simply tell you hes in the 100 ton range.

Originally posted by http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoops/modules/wordbook/entry.php?entryID=174
As Colossus he can left (press) at least 70 tons under optimal conditions.

Answer this question; why didnt gladiator heat vision work on cannonball. why when ice man covered cannonball in ice during a training session he expanded his force field and broke free. Is superman powers different from both of these characters. Yes, Superman is not powered by his own ego and a direct ice attack like superman's ice breath is not the same as freezing the air around a target.

derrick24
answer this question, do you know anything about cannonball, do you know that once he is in flight, theres nothing that can get thru his field, he is COMPLETELY INDESTRUCTIBLE. Nothing can harm him, he has been thru a explosion, superstrong guys tryed to break thru the force field, he didnt get fazed by any kind of blasts, etc... He cannot be hurt once in flight. would you like for me to give you a site on where you can read everything up on cannonball, so that you can know what he is currently capable of. Ice breath isnt working, heat vision isnt working or superman punches, sorry to hurt your feelings superman fan.

derrick24
And it was stated that gladiator heat vision burns hotter than the center of a star. It dont sounds like superman heat vision is as powerful as gladiators.

Creshosk
answer this question, do you know anything about cannonball, do you know that once he is in flight, theres nothing that can get thru his field, he is COMPLETELY INDESTRUCTIBLE. Nothing can harm him, he has been thru a explosion, superstrong guys tryed to break thru the force field, he didnt get fazed by any kind of blasts, etc... He cannot be hurt once in flight. would you like for me to give you a site on where you can read everything up on cannonball, so that you can know what he is currently capable of. Ice breath isnt working, heat vision isnt working or superman punches, sorry to hurt your feelings superman fan. roll eyes (sarcastic) I love it when a person worships a character that they betray the abilities and limitations of that character. . .

Was it going to be this:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoops/modules/wordbook/entry.php?entryID=140

that talks about protection from movement and related energy(kinetic) attacks?

that says virtually indestructable?

And why wouldn't these attacks work? They're not kinetic attacks. They are thermal.

Creshosk
And it was stated that gladiator heat vision burns hotter than the center of a star. It dont sounds like superman heat vision is as powerful as gladiators. Gladiators power differs depending on how he feels about himself.

derrick24
thats bio from marvel directory lost it touch so long ago - go to this site it will give you a better bio of ADULT cannonball. Another thing i hate cannonball because they made him unbeatable.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=80

derrick24
Gladiators power differs depending on how he feels about himself.

Did you see that fight between them 2, gladiator didnt have a reason to lose his confidence. He was at his max, including his heat vision. Lets put it like this i think that gladiator will destroy superman. But what im about to say should end this debate with superman.

when superman finds a way to beat venom, a guy who he stated was the worst fight he had in his career and him and spiderman got choked out by venom and superman got slapped around in the entire book. Then i would think that colossus or cannonball wouldnt be a match for superman.

Creshosk
Did you see that fight between them 2, gladiator didnt have a reason to lose his confidence.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/cannonball21.jpg

And company crossover's aren't cannon. as the 616 Jubilee would have been pining over robin. . . Since she didn't we can only assume that it was not our 616 characters fighting.

derrick24
it dont matter if you dont think that its canon are not, it happened. everyone bring up the debate that superman beat thor and that superman took a adamantium laser to the chest, are that superman owned hulk. why cant i use venom as a debate its the same way you all are using it. Venom owned superman effortlessly. Superman then stated that it was the worst fight he has ever had.

Superman isnt all that you all bake him up to be, he a lousy fighter who depends on his powers.

Creshosk
it dont matter if you dont think that its canon are not, it happened. everyone bring up the debate that superman beat thor and that superman took a adamantium laser to the chest, are that superman owned hulk. why cant i use venom as a debate its the same way you all are using it. Venom owned superman effortlessly. Superman then stated that it was the worst fight he has ever had.

Superman isnt all that you all bake him up to be, he a lousy fighter who depends on his powers. Company crossover's largely suck.

It'f you're going to use that then I can bring up batman punching canonball out of his blast aura, and if Bats can do it why can't superman?

derrick24
now youre lying, batman never punched him out of his bio field, i have that book (access) and batman never layed a hand on cannonball and if he did, (which he didnt) it was still the teenager version, im talking about the current cannonball who cannot be hurt or touched at all. who is a external and is classified as being a immortal, not the slacky cannonball who dont know how to completely use his powers. Also in that same book jean grey was owning superman, with only her telekinesis. laughing

Creshosk
now youre lying, batman never punched him out of his bio field, i have that book (access) and batman never layed a hand on cannonball and if he did, (which he didnt) it was still the teenager version, im talking about the current cannonball who cannot be hurt or touched at all. who is a external and is classified as being a immortal, not the slacky cannonball who dont know how to completely use his powers. Also in that same book jean grey was owning superman, with only her telekinesis. laughing

Then I'm sure you'll remember this feat:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=3873879

And Juggernaut owned Collosus on each of their encouters and Superman one punched Juggernaut in a crossover.

And again I'll ask you, in the Marvel vs DC, Jubilee gets closer to Robin romantically. but in MU616 Jubilee never gives him a second thought.

If crossover's are canon how come they never have any effect in the regular timelines?

Swanky-Tuna
Ice breath wont work, heat vision wont work, grabbing and trying to take him to space wont work and all of this is due to the fact that he is totally indestructible by physical means while hes flying. How could you grip a force field and throw it, you cant. Superman has no way of beating cannonball, someone that can absorb any type of punishment superman throw at him and give it back.
And Cannonball has no way of defeating Superman.
it dont matter if you dont think that its canon are not, it happened
"In fiction, canon is the officially authorized interpretation of characters and events." from Wikipedia.

There is no "think" about it. Either events took place or they didn't. What if? and company crossovers aren't canon unless the company says it is. Alternate realities don't usually count because things are just different. What happens there may not work in mainstream.

In other words, it didn't happen.

GalacticStorm
Seriously creshock collossus is class 100 now in 616 and has been for the last 3 to 4 years. A lot of entries in the Marvel Directory are outdated. If you pick up the Dorling Kinderley Ultimate Guide to the Xmen you will see it states in therer also that he is of the class 100 range. Did you not read Xmen around the time of the neo?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Seriously creshock collossus is class 100 now in 616 and has been for the last 3 to 4 years
How do you know that? He's only been back for like a year. There's no telling how strong he was beforehand.

K3VIL
I'm sick of X-Men fanboys arguing about Colossus being durable and strong as Superman.
Superman can lift cities, he moved a moon, helped from Supergirl but a moon, understand?He lifted starships of the dimensions of a moon and throwed them away like nothing, and I'm talking of Post Crisis Supes.
Superman's durability grants him to survive hundred of nuclear strikes, his speed nearly reach that of light, he can heal faster than humans, Colossus is nothing to him, than a merely low level Class 100 guy with metal body and X-Men training, that compared to Supes, is nothing.
Aquaman can take out Colossus alone, and he's not Superman, but he's still stronger than him, very durable, and possess considerable ground speed, and reflexes, plus he's a master tactician and fighter, he can handle both Logan and Colossus if he wants.

Swanky-Tuna
I'd also like to add
he is just as strong, have you forgot that with age, mutants get stronger. Colossus durability and strength has increased. He is metallo, and from my knowledge metallo gives superman a run for his money.
Metallo is powered by kryptonite.

Nataku8188

Hulk has grasped force fields before, and so can Superman.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by K3VIL
I'm sick of X-Men fanboys arguing about Colossus being durable and strong as Superman.
Superman can lift cities, he moved a moon, helped from Supergirl but a moon, understand?He lifted starships of the dimensions of a moon and throwed them away like nothing, and I'm talking of Post Crisis Supes.
Superman's durability grants him to survive hundred of nuclear strikes, his speed nearly reach that of light, he can heal faster than humans, Colossus is nothing to him, than a merely low level Class 100 guy with metal body and X-Men training, that compared to Supes, is nothing.
Aquaman can take out Colossus alone, and he's not Superman, but he's still stronger than him, very durable, and possess considerable ground speed, and reflexes, plus he's a master tactician and fighter, he can handle both Logan and Colossus if he wants.

As much as I hate to say this, K3VIL just owned you.

GalacticStorm
How do you know that? He's only been back for like a year. There's no telling how strong he was beforehand.

Swanky READ posts. He has been class 100 since the time of the Neo and the Slavers when rogue was leading the Xmen 3 to 4 years ago that is not debatable that is fact. When he died recently he died a class 100. If you read Xmen you would know this. However your comments make it quite apparent that that is not the case.

GalacticStorm
Im not saying he'd win GOD NO!! But i just wanted to clear that up

Swanky-Tuna
Swanky READ posts. He has been class 100 since the time of the Neo and the Slavers when rogue was leading the Xmen 3 to 4 years ago that is not debatable that is fact. When he died recently he died a class 100. If you read Xmen you would know this. However your comments make it quite apparent that that is not the case.
Link me some proof then. 'Cause reading posts obviously isn't what I should be doing if I want accurate information, right? Show me proof that Colossus was class 100 4 years ago, when he was dead, or before he died.

GalacticStorm
Swanky why would you suddenly decide to dispute this fact now when people have been saying it on this forums for months. Before collossus was brought back even. Im at university at the moment so i dont have access to my collection. I do happen to finish today however and i'll be back home in a week. When that happens i'll happily scan in the official bio and also the date the book was published and after i do that i want you to bow down and proclaim me your master. Is that understood?

GalacticStorm
In fact i know what i'll do i'll get my sis to scan in the page at home and email it to me. Give me till tomorrow

Swanky-Tuna
Swanky why would you suddenly decide to dispute this fact now when people have been saying it on this forums for months.
I've been here for months and I've heard the same thing many times. Pre-death Colossus = class 70, Ultimate Colossus = class 100, Returned Colossus = probably class 100.

GalacticStorm
I've been here for months and I've heard the same thing many times. Pre-death Colossus = class 70, Ultimate Colossus = class 100, Returned Colossus = probably class 100.

You probably misinterpreted what was being said. Returned collossus is class 100 because thats how he was just before he died as well. In all marvel official bios for him they said that collossus can lift 70 tons but he's a teenager so this will no doubt increase as he gets older. They gave themselves the option of increasing his strength and it was obvious that was exactly what they were going to do eventually from reading that.

In the bio i'll post it says something like collossus now fully grown can press at least 100 tons making him mighty enough to engage the likes of juggernaut in hand to hand combat.

After the whole twelve/apocalypse thing rogue beat wolverine and became leader of the Xmen. It was at this time that collossus got his upgrade. He died a few months later.

Swanky-Tuna
You probably misinterpreted what was being said. Returned collossus is class 100 because thats how he was just before he died as well.
It was more like he was class 70 before he died, then class 100 when he came back. Because he got older and trained. While on the space ship or whatever.

GalacticStorm
It was more like he was class 70 before he died, then class 100 when he came back. Because he got older and trained. While on the space ship or whatever.

Well whoever said that was wrong. Collossus was class 100 just before he died. But yes it was through being older and training. Come on Swab=nks you should beable to trust me by now big grin . Either way you'll have your proof soon.

K3VIL
As much as I hate to say this, K3VIL just owned you.
Nataku agreeing with me, that's an event, this quote is gonna entering in my sign, hoping we'll be of the same opinion once more

DarkCrawler
You know...derrick, you have not posted any strategy how Wolverine would take Aquaman. You have just said that he would do that .

And Superman would own Colossus in fifteen seconds.

Swanky-Tuna
Come on Swab=nks you should beable to trust me by now big grin .
You know how they say "Don't believe the hype"?

Blair Wind
ok question why did you, derrick, make this into a cannonball vs superman thread? anyone of the telepaths could take him, or flash could just steal his speed, and then he cant move. JLA is just more powerful thats that. Unless Iceman ACTUALLY uses all his powers and Joseph makes a magnetic Mechwarrior that has Kryptonite bullets and a flamethrower they are NOT goin to win.......Wolvie is way too overrated and as much as I like Colossus he isnt gonna take ANY of them. JLA wins and I think your the only one that hasnt come to that conclusion

ZephroCarnelian
Phew. Some people have come round. big grin

Listen, Derrik.

People aren't saying that JLA would win, because they hate Marvel. Or because they haven't read any Marvel.

They're saying it because the JLA members are more powerful than the X-Men characters. Let me give you some scenarios of how Superman alone could defeat the X-Men.

Cannonball - would be destroyed in the first split second before he started moving and becomes invulnerable.

Rachel - dead a tiny split second after so that her TP doesn't come into play.

Joseph - dead at the same time as Rachel - whilst Supes squashes Rachel with one hand, he burns Joseph's brains out with a blast of heat vision.

Now there isn't anyone worthy enough to fight Supes, he can just pick them off as he pleases.

Collosus - Nice blast of ice breath to freeze him cold, then some burning fire from Supes eyes. Instant shattered Collosus.

Wolverine - don't make me laugh.

Storm - ditto.

Iceman - there's nothing Iceman can do to Supes - Supes insides are protected by his forcefield too. No amount of ice will trap someone with the awesome strength of Superman. Supes evaporates Iceman with heat vision, sucks him into his superlungs, flies into space and breathes him into the void.

Northstar - dunno how Supes could catch him. But there's bugger all that he could do to the man of steel.

Now you've gotta consider that there are more than just Superman in the JLA. So Supes can just concentrate on one or two key people on the X-Men and let Flash or MM take care of some too.

This is a walkover and not at all as close as you think Derrik.

DarkCrawler
Superman could lie down, wait until Northstar tries to hit or kick him, laugh as he breaks his legs and hands, then rip his head away and play basketball with the rest of JLA with it.

derrick24
Superman has no way of beating cannonball get it thru your heads. Cannonball can just stand there and absorb superman best shots and send it back to him. Superman does not speed blitz in comics, if he does give me the name of the book and the #; He should have speed blitz that guy that shot him in the head with that kryptonite bullet.

Lets put it like this aquaman loves physical confrontation, that would be his downfall once he faces wolverine, wolverine would just start slacking away at aquaman like no tomorrow, aquaman strength isnt going to work and that hook that he has no his hand aint going to do nothing. If wolverine can take down namor, he wont have no problem with aquaman.

When i brought up colossus i didnt say that he could beat superman i said that he could last a while but disregard that, superman would be to busy with cannonball (adult version) and colossus will be man handling wonder women. Rachel is just to much for mm, she has plenty of fire in her disposal, the girl has a portion of the phoenix force, mm doesnt compare to that kind of power, i say she burns him to a crisp and put a psychic block while doing so.

Green lantern and joseph; green lantern might have the most powerful weopon in the universe but he does possess blood and he eats lot of iron. Joseph would just make all of his blood leak out of his nose and mouth while he has his force field up the entire time.

Then north star and flash would be just running all over the place but north star has additional powers besides moving the speed of light, he shoot light beams out of his hands and has enhanced strength and durability. I think it would be a great fight, quicksilver gave a good fight and north star is 1000's of time faster than him.

Now you have superman still fighting cannonball seeing that he cant cause this guy NO KIND OF HARM. you have wonder women fighting colossus and aquaman laid out because of the multiple of stab wounds he has and batman facing a furious wolverine, joseph looking for someone to throw a semi trunk on top of and storm and hawk girl going at it and flash and north star running all around the place and a baked martian manhunter. Storm easily takes out hawk girl, she sucks her up in a tornado than hit her with a set of lightning, end of fight.

Now she goes and assist colossus with wonderwomen because wonderwomen is slaughter colossus but because of his durability he is still standing, storm hits her with lightning numerous of times, while colossus starts to get the upper hand, punching her in the face, storm continues to hit her with lightning but wonderwomen aint falling due to her pride, she slaps colossus out of the way and flies toward storm but while in flight she looks down and sees batman seriously hurt and she press her attack toward storm blocking the lightning with her bracelet. On the ground colossus and wolverine are get set up for the fast ball special and he slashes a big hole in the back of wonder women back taking her out of the fight.

while that fight took place you still have northstar and flash fighting and superman trying to think of a way to get past cannonball force field and cannon ball enjoying the fight and absorbing everything superman throws at him and hitting him back with it. You have green lantern down, hawk girl down, wonderwomen down, aquaman down, batman needing medical attention.

Rachel telekinetically stop flash in his tracks and it ends with colossus laying a powerful blow to the back of the head. Then we have the lone superman still facing cannonball but with his super sense he hears people floating around him and joseph with his horrible attitude gives superman a warning saying if you dont want to die today i advise you to take your team and get as far away as possible or i would make every drop of your blood leak out of you a**.

Superman grabs his team members and fly off.
What you all dont get is that the xmen trains everyday of their life and yes the jla are powerful but the xmen are filled with killers and they are also powerful.

Superman aint throwing no cannonball in space, cannonball has so many ways of avoiding that, read the bio i posted and if he did throw him in space he could just fly back because he has visited space before. Colossus can stand up to wonder women with no problem, you all hype up superman. I read his comics and from what i have seen the guy isnt even invulnerable anymore.

derrick24
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Phew. Some people have come round. big grin

Listen, Derrik.

People aren't saying that JLA would win, because they hate Marvel. Or because they haven't read any Marvel.

They're saying it because the JLA members are more powerful than the X-Men characters. Let me give you some scenarios of how Superman alone could defeat the X-Men.

Cannonball - would be destroyed in the first split second before he started moving and becomes invulnerable.

Rachel - dead a tiny split second after so that her TP doesn't come into play.

Joseph - dead at the same time as Rachel - whilst Supes squashes Rachel with one hand, he burns Joseph's brains out with a blast of heat vision.

Now there isn't anyone worthy enough to fight Supes, he can just pick them off as he pleases.

Collosus - Nice blast of ice breath to freeze him cold, then some burning fire from Supes eyes. Instant shattered Collosus.

Wolverine - don't make me laugh.

Storm - ditto.

Iceman - there's nothing Iceman can do to Supes - Supes insides are protected by his forcefield too. No amount of ice will trap someone with the awesome strength of Superman. Supes evaporates Iceman with heat vision, sucks him into his superlungs, flies into space and breathes him into the void.

Northstar - dunno how Supes could catch him. But there's bugger all that he could do to the man of steel.

Now you've gotta consider that there are more than just Superman in the JLA. So Supes can just concentrate on one or two key people on the X-Men and let Flash or MM take care of some too.

This is a walkover and not at all as close as you think Derrik.

this is the most stupidest battle strategy i have read my entire life, read more comics.

Blair Wind
ummmm how about this one (and its a whole hell of alot easier and shorter): Flash takes ALL of their speed. Done

Blair Wind
oh and ZephroCarnelian i could list some ways that iceman could take supes by himself....ok one way but still, hed be a worthy opponent if he actually used all his powers.....oh the way he could take him is by using his moisture inversion thing which places his concious in water vapor, basically invisible even to supes vision cuz water vapor is always in the air, then he moisture inversion supes head off.....i think supes would be dead from that.....but since this is a team thing, JLA wins because of telepaths and/or just Flash speed stealing

derrick24
why didnt flash take cheetah speed when she almost killed him. When she gave him a kiss thats when he took her speed but if that kissed never happened he would of been a dead hero.

derrick24
Originally posted by Blair Wind
oh and ZephroCarnelian i could list some ways that iceman could take supes by himself....ok one way but still, hed be a worthy opponent if he actually used all his powers.....oh the way he could take him is by using his moisture inversion thing which places his concious in water vapor, basically invisible even to supes vision cuz water vapor is always in the air, then he moisture inversion supes head off.....i think supes would be dead from that.....but since this is a team thing, JLA wins because of telepaths and/or just Flash speed stealing

i didnt even use ice man in the battle i made i actually didnt see a use for him since he is so powerful. He could just ice aquaman and batman up and freeze the blood in wonderwomen and then freeze hawk girl wings then absorb the water in the sewers becoming a 100 ft tall and fist fighting the rest. Rachel is a great telepath herself, did you forget about that.

derrick24
lets put it like this, the jla had a hard time with the week version of the xmen, bishop was giving green lantern a run for his money and jean grey was man handling superman.

Thats the week version, imagine what the aid of joseph and wolverine wasnt even there, the reason why was because one of the jla member would have died and colossus wasnt there. It was just jean grey, ice man before he know how to use his powers at full potential, cyclops, young cannonball, and bishop, hmmm, makes you wonder.

DarkCrawler
You just don't seem to understand that the fight doesn't go like this:

Superman: "Okay, Flash, you fight Northstar, Wonder Woman, you take out Colossus and such."

You have put them in positions where their powers are not in their best use. How about that Green Latern takes out Cannonbal by putting an forcefield in his brain? How about that Flash take Cannonball out before he can fly? How about Martian Manhunter taking Cannonball down with telepathic attack?

Nono, lets put it like this. Aquaman grabs Wolverine from his throat. Throws him in Boston. Problem solved.

Or how about that Aquaman take Wolverine down with psychic blast?

Aquaman is as experienced as Namor is (He was created only two years after Namor) stronger then Namor is, and has telepathy, unlike Namor does.

Wolverine will go down hard. Stop being an stupid fanboy and understand it.

MM doesn't have the fire weakness anymore. Rachel is inexperienced, MM can take her out either psychically or with telepathy. MM has all the telepathy knowledge of entire race that has lived an millenia, don't tell me that he will lose an psychic battle with Rachel. And Superman would not be busy with Cannonball. He was taken out by Flash before he could start flying.

Colossus can stand up to Wonder Woman? He will be MANHANDLING HER? Oh, you are such an idiot. Lets see. Colossus can lift about 100 tons.

Wonder Woman can lift about 250, 000 tons. She is more experienced the Colossus is, faster, has bracelets that can block every hit that Colossus can do, has unbreakable lasso that even Colossus can't be freed from. Oh and she can fly.

Do the math.

Joseph controls the blood in humans by affecting it psychically. Psychical intrusions are blocked by Green Latern's forcefields. You should really study these characters before writing something.

Flash will steal Northstar's speed. He will then beat Northstar into submission. There.

Cannonball was taken out by Flash, GL, or MM. Colossus was taken out by WW in mere seconds. Wolverine is currently being in Boston where sick hobos use his unconscious body as an plaything. Joseph is dead. Storm is taken out by Superman, or any other League member besides Hawkman and Batman.

Wait, Superman has beat Storm to death with her own hands, Wolverine is still being tortured in Boston, and Colossus head resides in Moon where Wonder Woman threw it. I don't understand your strategy.

Northstar has continually been bleeding to death as Flash retrieved an saw from other side of the world and cut his arms away with it when he was still frozen. Cannonball's head has been exploded by beach-ball sized force field.

All the X-Men you just mentioned were killed in few minutes...

You have Storm down, Northstar down, Rachel down, Colossus down, Wolverine down and Joseph down. What do we have left?

Iceman.

Iceman VS JLA.

It is going to be an short fight.

Oh yeah, I forgot, Iceman was taken out by Superman seconds ago.

You should really read other comics then Wolverine and the X-Men.

Blair Wind
I have seen people pit these combatants together but they did a horrible job. This is my list.

Jla

Superman
wonderwomen
martian manhunter
aquaman
hawkgirl
flash
green lantern
batman

x-men

Colossus
wolverine
storm
joseph (magneto clone)
rachel
iceman

who would win.

ummmm you DID use iceman.....what are you talking about???
and DarkCrawler i like the sig.....it just seems right at a moment like this

Swanky-Tuna
lets put it like this, the jla had a hard time with the week version of the xmen, bishop was giving green lantern a run for his money and jean grey was man handling superman.
Let's put it like this. Company crossovers aren't canon. Period. The events that took place in said crossovers did not actually happen in DC/Marvel universes.

Scoobless
Let's put it like this. Company crossovers aren't canon. Period. The events that took place in said crossovers did not actually happen in DC/Marvel universes.

actually with that being one of the Access stories it may count as canon

although it was kinda stupid... they had a weak X-team against an almost fully powered JLA.... and they didn't get their heads handed to them..... = stupid

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Scoobless
actually with that being one of the Access stories it may count as canon
Canon to both companies? I've seen a few cases where one company will mention events as if it's canon but I'm not sure if it's just a "wink" or acceptance.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Blair Wind

and DarkCrawler i like the sig.....it just seems right at a moment like this

Thank you. smile

derrick24
you dont know nothing about rachel she not only has tk she can take your powers and is very experienced in the telekinesis field, control fire, just look at the bio i posted about her and look at what she can do. Another thing when wolverine fought namor, why didnt namor throw him to boston, when he fought hulk, why didnt hulk throw him to boston, or juggernaut throw him to boston, heck why didnt juggernaut just throw all of the xmen to boston, that is stupid on your part. One slash thats all it would take from wolverine but it would take multiple of punches to take down wolverine.

Answer this question, when flash was fighting cheetah why didnt he take her speed, she almost killed him, she had to kiss him for him to take her powers. You keep saying that colossus is in the 100 ton range, do you know that the scale that marvel stops at, he could be much higher, 1-7 7 is the 100 ton range. How is flash going to take out cannonball when he is already going to be in flight, your so stupid and i keep hearing that superman is going to speed blitz somebody which he never does, when have you seen gladiator just speed blitz somebody, never. Magneto can control the blood in green lantern blood, i forgot the name of that guy who control metal also in the dc universe but the jla was terrified to go face 2 face with him because all of them was saying that he can control there bodies by using the iron in there blood.

When the jla give the undeling xmen competion then they could give these fighters a better fight.

DarkCrawler
you dont know nothing about rachel she not only has tk she can take your powers and is very experienced in the telekinesis field, control fire, just look at the bio i posted about her and look at what she can do. Another thing when wolverine fought namor, why didnt namor throw him to boston, when he fought hulk, why didnt hulk throw him to boston, or juggernaut throw him to boston, heck why didnt juggernaut just throw all of the xmen to boston, that is stupid on your part. One slash thats all it would take from wolverine but it would take multiple of punches to take down wolverine.

Answer this question, when flash was fighting cheetah why didnt he take her speed, she almost killed him, she had to kiss him for him to take her powers. You keep saying that colossus is in the 100 ton range, do you know that the scale that marvel stops at, he could be much higher, 1-7 7 is the 100 ton range. How is flash going to take out cannonball when he is already going to be in flight, your so stupid and i keep hearing that superman is going to speed blitz somebody which he never does, when have you seen gladiator just speed blitz somebody, never. Magneto can control the blood in green lantern blood, i forgot the name of that guy who control metal also in the dc universe but the jla was terrified to go face 2 face with him because all of them was saying that he can control there bodies by using the iron in there blood.

When the jla give the undeling xmen competion then they could give these fighters a better fight.

Rachel will be taken out by any of the speedsters in JLA before she can do anything.

Why did not the strong guys throw Wolverine in Boston? Why doesn't Superman speedblitz everyone? Why does not Flash take out anybody with his speed stealing powers? Why did the bad X-team give JLA troubles?

Well, uh, nobody really wants to read one-page comics. roll eyes (sarcastic)

They can do the feats. But they won't because the comics would be awfully short. Here we are not trying to sell comics. We go by what the characters can do, and use them in their best.

Wonder Woman and Superman are both hundreds of times stronger and better then Colossus is.

And the magnetic guy's name is Dr. Polaris. GL has fought him hundreds of times. Polaris has not won yet. Neither will Joseph.

Pepito
Joseph and Doctor Polaris are like Flash and Quicksilver. They have the same basic powers but Joseph has many ways of manipulating his power and has access to much more energy. Joseph alone would be troublesome but if you add in Iceman, Colossus, Rachel and Wolverine (for Batman) and the others, the JLA will lose.

Swanky-Tuna
or juggernaut throw him to boston
Juggernaut was too busy knocking Wolverine out with a single slap.

FieryBalrog

too bad this was in Ultimate X-men.

Just stop, before you make the X-men look stupid. smokin'

nigel45
why didnt flash take cheetah speed when she almost killed him. When she gave him a kiss thats when he took her speed but if that kissed never happened he would of been a dead hero.

Cheetah was being powered by Zoom. If that's not a big enough hurdle to overcome, I don't know what is.

And it was for the sake of a decent story. Would you have bought that comic (which I'm guessing is one of few Flash comics you own) if it was paper thin, with two, maybe three panels in it? I'm going to go ahead and answer for you: no. And neither would anyone else. And then DC would go bankrupt. So I think for just this once, we can forgive that the writers thought it would be interesting for these two to kiss.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Pepito
Joseph and Doctor Polaris are like Flash and Quicksilver. They have the same basic powers but Joseph has many ways of manipulating his power and has access to much more energy. Joseph alone would be troublesome but if you add in Iceman, Colossus, Rachel and Wolverine (for Batman) and the others, the JLA will lose.

You...haven't...read the posts in this thread, haven't you?

Blair Wind
JLA WINS!!!! im sory man i really am but JLA is just gonna kick their butts, and i love the xmen but still, step back look at their powers at FULL potential and even though some people dont use their powers in the comics, in the threads they are going all out.......so they use them, end of story.

Superherovandal
derrick24 no offense or anything and i am saying this not to offend you but to help you. why don't you actually do some research on the JLA. only thing even keeping this thread alive is your refusal to believe that the X-men aren't unstoppable and will lose to the JLA. Well I got news for you: the Xmen are going to lose it bad and you really are showing the rest of us that you lack some knowledge in comics and to many of us you are acting like the embodiment of what we would define a fanboy.
So please just stop. you are only lowering what we think of you.

derrick24
u dont know the xmen. they train everyday of there lives, to be the best team. They have fought a team as powerful as the jla, the shiar empire and stalemated them. You know nothing of the xmen, they are the most organized team on the planet and the always overcome any situation, they have some of the most powerful and dangerous members on there team, whereas the jla dont train they just jump in a fight not having any kind of strategy.

The xmen will have a strategy already once they come to the battle field, they dont have to know the powers of the other hero's and they would win, no matter what the cost is. The jla has many of times lost a battle, they are not unbeatable, they have been defeated numerous of times and thats what i want you jla fans to realize.

nigel45
You're not getting it man. Some of these people supporting the JLA don't even LIKE the JLA. They just know that the X-Men are outmatched.

And the Justice League is not a bunch of fat old superheroes who sit on their asses and watch "Wheel" all day. They face Universe-Scale threats on a monthly basis. Every one of them fights crime outside of the League as well. They may not work as the most seamless team ever, but it's almost always good enough.

The X-Men lose too derrick.

Creshosk
They have fought a team as powerful as the jla, the shiar empire and stalemated them. That's funny, I seem to remember the X-men getting stomped by them. . .

ZephroCarnelian
Flash steals the X-Men's speed so they can't move.

Superman then walks up to them and flicks each one.

They all die.

The end.

derrick24
why didnt flash steal doomsday speed, whydidnt flash steal slade speed when he got stabbed in the chest, jla fans.

derrick24
when the jla fought the jsa why didnt flash just run up to everybody and stole all of there speed and had superman flick away captain marvel. But instead captain marvel hit superman in the back of the head knocking him out.

derrick24
lets put it like this, since north star moves faster than the speed of light, i say that he he speed blitz everybody and uses his light flash and blinds everybody giving the xmen time to weaken there opponents.

derrick24
Originally posted by Pepito

im not the only 1 on this site that knows the xmen and what they are capable of. You all aint nothing but a bunch of jla fans. Jla had problems with the underlying of te xmen, how do you think that theyre going to handle there most powerful. Joseph alone and prepare could give the jla a run for there money and i think that rachel could do the same thing. Look at a comic with her in it and see what im talking about.

If you all wasnt so busy holding superman nuts while he walk you would know that they would be in a lot of trouble facing this team of powerhouses. Its hard to argue with people who think superman is going to grab you and throw you to the sun and thinking that the xmen wont have some kind of defense up like they always do. joseph can put all of them in a force field and have iceman freeze all of there blood at once.

ZephroCarnelian
Derrick - stop multiple posting! Learn how to use the site properly!

And you don't seem to be listening to ANYONE on the board.

If Flash stole all his villains speed - what would be the point in Flash comics? Eh? Eh?

Just because he DOESN'T do something all the time, doesn't mean he CAN'T, okay?

He can and has done it, so it's feasible that he will do it and the JLA will win.

Just like Red Son Superman (an alternative Supes, I'll grant you, but with the same powers so I'll use him), stole the rings from EVERY Green Lantern of the Green Lantern corp, before they could do anything!

JLA have so much power! They hardly ever use their full power, especially Superman, but just because they don't always doesn't mean they WON'T here.

If you're gonna get pedantic and stupid, then fine.

Superman destroys the Earth.

Green Lantern protects the JLA with a forcefield so they floats in space alive.

The end.

derrick24
Derrick - stop multiple posting! Learn how to use the site properly!

And you don't seem to be listening to ANYONE on the board.

If Flash stole all his villains speed - what would be the point in Flash comics? Eh? Eh?

Just because he DOESN'T do something all the time, doesn't mean he CAN'T, okay?

He can and has done it, so it's feasible that he will do it and the JLA will win.

Just like Red Son Superman (an alternative Supes, I'll grant you, but with the same powers so I'll use him), stole the rings from EVERY Green Lantern of the Green Lantern corp, before they could do anything!

JLA have so much power! They hardly ever use their full power, especially Superman, but just because they don't always doesn't mean they WON'T here.

If you're gonna get pedantic and stupid, then fine.

Superman destroys the Earth.

Green Lantern protects the JLA with a forcefield so they floats in space alive.

The end.

laughing superman destroys the earth, now thats a good one. when did superman get the powers of goku. laughing

I knew it, i cant argue with jla fans, it is very hard when someone thinks that superman can destroy a planet. You won ok superman do a kameha wave and blow everything up. rolling on floor laughing

ZephroCarnelian
Wow. Dude.

You seriously have no idea of who Superman is do you?

derrick24
how is superman going to destroy the planet. Answer this question also, if superman can destroy the planet why havent darkseid destroyed earth yet and why didnt doomsday destroy the planet. Why havent gladiator destroyed the planet earth (superman superior). Why havent hulk destroyed the planet yet, he is stronger than superman. Your not smart, superman cannot on his best day destroy a planet.
why when mesmero took over superman body, why didnt he just destroy the planet.

ZephroCarnelian
You complete and utter monkey.....

If Darkseid detroyed the Earth.... there'd be no more comics....

If Doomsday destroyed the Earth... there'd be no more comics....

If Gladiator destroyed the Earth... there'd be no more comics....

If Hulk destroyed the Earth.... there'd be no more comics....

THINK about what you're saying!

And I know it's being pedantic, but as long as Supermans energy stores are high, he is invulnerable to any damage that is not 1) magic, 2) k-nite based.

So Supes could fly far into space, then fly back at half the speed of light. A rock the size of a person at 80,000 mph would destroy a city.

Something the size of a person moving at 80,000 miles per second...? You do the math....

Plus - if you wanna be really pedantic, no-one's said whether it's pre-crisis or not. You think Pre-crisis couldn't destroy the Earth? wink

derrick24
You complete and utter monkey.....

If Darkseid detroyed the Earth.... there'd be no more comics....

If Doomsday destroyed the Earth... there'd be no more comics....

If Gladiator destroyed the Earth... there'd be no more comics....

If Hulk destroyed the Earth.... there'd be no more comics....

THINK about what you're saying!

And I know it's being pedantic, but as long as Supermans energy stores are high, he is invulnerable to any damage that is not 1) magic, 2) k-nite based.

So Supes could fly far into space, then fly back at half the speed of light. A rock the size of a person at 80,000 mph would destroy a city.

Something the size of a person moving at 80,000 miles per second...? You do the math....

Plus - if you wanna be really pedantic, no-one's said whether it's pre-crisis or not. You think Pre-crisis couldn't destroy the Earth? wink

im going to have to tell you again superman cannot destroy a planet, precrisis can, the guy juggled planets but your duke buddy the current superman cannot destroy a planet. Sometimes i see the guy struggling to pick a tank up, his strength varies sometimes. I cannot believe you, is superman booty that good, the man got you fooled. I hope galactus dont fall out of his space ship one day and lands on a planet, that planet is as good as gone.

Im not going to argue with superman fans who think that he is doing feats that brolly and majin buu havent done yet. Oh almost forgot, superman isnt invulnerable he is nigh invulnerable, during the fight with zod, zod was shooting holes in superman with his heat vision, superman is constantly bruised up and he a dude that he was fighting some guy called war something scratched superman across the chest. Hes no longer completely invulnerable he can just take a lot of punishment.

derrick24
almost forgot half the speed of light is 93000 miles per second and superman cant fly that fast, on his bio on dc web site it simply states that it take superman minutes to get to the moon. Imagine if flash could run to the moon, how fast it would take him and that should answer your question.

ZephroCarnelian
Dude. Don't bring up DBZ.

Noone here will tolerate DBZ - it's fun, but only by itself.

Don't start comparing DBZ characters to real comic book characters k?

And explain the flaw in my logic. If a rock can destroy a city, why can't something far far denser moving at much much greater speeds cause much greater damage?

nigel45
If you all wasnt so busy holding superman nuts while he walk you would know that they would be in a lot of trouble facing this team of powerhouses. Its hard to argue with people who think superman is going to grab you and throw you to the sun and thinking that the xmen wont have some kind of defense up like they always do.

I don't know what that whole holding Superman's nuts thing is about... but it sounds like a personal issue so I'll try to stay out of it.

You're the first person on this thread to mention Superman throwing anyone into the sun. Just thought you should know, seeing as you're accusing all of us of doing it.

For the record: just because people disagree with you doesn't instantly make them flaming DC fanboys.

ZephroCarnelian
In Flash # 209, Superman runs at two thousand miles per second. Flash says so.

Superman flies far faster than he runs.

derrick24
Dude. Don't bring up DBZ.

Noone here will tolerate DBZ - it's fun, but only by itself.

Don't start comparing DBZ characters to real comic book characters k?

And explain the flaw in my logic. If a rock can destroy a city, why can't something far far denser moving at much much greater speeds cause much greater damage?

do you know the size of the planet earth, imagine me throwing a pebble at great speed at a door, would the door burst open or would the rock just go thru the door, im thinking going thru the door. Superman will create a crater but nothing more. Just like when superman was fighting braniac doomsday and he jumped up in the clouds and punched superman back to earth. During the time he was falling it was stated that he was falling at mach speed and he went 35 ft under the ground, nothing more.

derrick24
Originally posted by nigel45
I don't know what that whole holding Superman's nuts thing is about... but it sounds like a personal issue so I'll try to stay out of it.

You're the first person on this thread to mention Superman throwing anyone into the sun. Just thought you should know, seeing as you're accusing all of us of doing it.

For the record: just because people disagree with you doesn't instantly make them flaming DC fanboys.

somebody i was arguing with yesterday said that superman would throw cannonball in the sun, thats why i brought that argument up.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>