So what extra scenes are going to be in the ROTS DVD?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soda
So far I got:

Extra long Obi-Anakin duel
Qui-gon talking to Yoda
Sidious-Mace Fight longer?
Some grevious scenes I heard of...

mysterio69
hopefully NOT some extra-long lovey-dovey scenes. sad

Lord Yoda
cool sig Soda, and i think the Shaak Ti scene was deleted so that might be on the ROTS DVD

Torik_Shai
The scenes of the senators and the beginning of the rebellion.

Lord Yoda
o really that will be interesting happy

TheVapor
Originally posted by Soda
So far I got:

Qui-gon talking to Yoda

Yoda landing on dagobah

also i heard the yoda qui-gon scene was never actually filmed

The Last Son
According to US weekly, (my girlfriend reads it) the scene with Qui Gon Ginn was never filmed. A shame for sure. More General Grevious scenes would be great.

Malic Clanorian
longer dooku scene...some of it was cut...same wiht anakin obi wan duel and also the mace vs. palps fight had more dialoge before the fight and before anakin/palpatine killed mace

Mist
So far I got:

Qui-gon talking to Yoda

what do you mean you got them? do you mean these are fact or these are your own speculation?

astrofan428
I would say there is a 99% chance that the QGJ scene will not make the DVD, best hope is for an extended explanation from Yoda. Hopefully Anakin and Obi dropping into the fuel level of GG's ship will be put in, as well as Anakin stalking Shaak Ti.

Oh and of course more duels. Mainly Dooku and THE DUEL!

LandoSpeeder2
Who ever said the Qui Gon talking Yoda scene would be filmed? I would be quit surprised actually if they filmed that scene, it would all be digital, meaning ILM could work on it now and put it with the DVD when it comes out.

ab2421

Mist
the alliance being formed.

Delta 62
More dialogue when they go to arrest the Chancellor..I wouldn't want. It's best the way it was..no crap between them..straight and to the point. "In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you are under arrest Chancellor."

DeVi| D0do
Unless they can somehow digitally create Liam Neeson's voice (which I doubt very much they can do) I'm fairly certain the Qui Gon scene will not be on the DVD.

Delta 62
Can voices actually be recreated?

DeVi| D0do
I doubt it. I've never seen it been done before... I could be wrong though, it's amazing what they can do these days...

astrofan428
The guy that did QGJ in clone wars sounded fairly convincing.

DeVi| D0do
Convincing enough that it wouldn't bother me?

I hope they put this line back in the film:

Grievous: You fool. I have been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku.

Obi Wan: You forget I trained the Jedi that defeated Count Dooku!

astrofan428
I am sure with some practice and some editing that guy could pull off a convincing QG, especially to lesser fans.

If anyone here has CW episode 21 could they please post it? I believe that is the episode with QG.

astrofan428
And yes that GG and Obi interaction should have been in the movie. I started smiling when GG said his part only to be pissed when Obi said nothing.

ab2421
Did anybody like my makeshift deleted scenes list?
sad

Please ... I need attention ... now... someone talk directly to me...

"NOOOO!"

Ignore me I'm drunk

jabbar
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Unless they can somehow digitally create Liam Neeson's voice (which I doubt very much they can do) I'm fairly certain the Qui Gon scene will not be on the DVD.

WTF! Why would they digitally recreate Liam Neeson's voice? Is he dead? I don't think he is, so wouldn't it be easier just to get him in to do a small cameo?

robakin
i heard liam say that he did record for ROTS. he was at a film festival with Sam Jackson. it was posted about 6 months ago.
Qui Gon needs to be in.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by jabbar
WTF! Why would they digitally recreate Liam Neeson's voice? Is he dead? I don't think he is, so wouldn't it be easier just to get him in to do a small cameo?
Exactly. But Liam doesn't want to have anything to do with Star Wars. He didn't like his experience on Episode I and has refused to do any more work on the series. Which is why they had to reuse his Ep I dialogue in Ep II. Or at least that's my understanding of it. The other is that Neeson did in fact give in to Lucas and did record the scene but later requested it not be used.

Either way... I doubt very much the Qui Gon scene will be on the DVD.

astrofan428
Didnt Sir Alec have the same feeling back in the day?

DeVi| D0do
Apparently so... but not a strong enough feeling to resist the script of Empire. or the... paycheck wink

astrofan428
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Apparently so... but not a strong enough feeling to resist the script of Empire. or the... paycheck wink

That, or his professionalism.

DeVi| D0do
yes, or that

darthsinister
Here is a list of scenes from the script that weren't put in the final film:

More action on the Trade Federation Cruiser (jedi cutting through the floor, swimming in a lake of fuel, fighting Grevious' bodyguards just after they crash land)

Extended Anakin/Palpatine talk in his office when they get back to Coruscant

Bail Organa in his Office with the Senators

Padme and Obi-Wan talk about Anakin

Padme meets with the Senators in her apartment

Anakin awaits Palpatine on a landing platform and then he encounters Jar-Jar

Obi-Wan looks for transportation on Utapau

Palpatine meets with the Senators, Anakin stands behind him

Extended arrival of Mace and his posse to confront Palpatine (they take care of Dar Wac and a few royal guards)

Obi-Wan in the underwater caves on Utapau (scene with Nos Monster)

Yoda's escape on the giant insect Can-Cell (! this scene will almost surely not be on the dvd cause the cgi shots were never finished)

Bail Organa talks to Captain Antilles on his shipt

Yoda talks to Qui-Gonn on Polis Massa

Yoda's shuttle lands on Dagobah

Note! In the script there are a lot more little diffrences and extended dialoges in scenes, i just listed the more bigger scenes and scenes that have a fiar shot of getting on the dvd!

MistaMandalore
Why is Neeson being such a tool? It's what..a week's work at most? He should take the dough and quit whinning. There are people who would kill for an opportunity to have a part in ROTS.

JediStang
I hope that the temptation scene with Palpatine and Anakin makes it into the DVD. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, read the book...

"Do you want an apartment?"
"No, I want the whole building."

Bicnarok

DeVi| D0do
So, it seems it wasn't Neeson's stubbornness to not do the scene that is the reason it wasn't included... but rather the idiocy of the filmmakers. I don't know which is worse...

So, if it wasn't filmed it's unlikely it will be on the DVD.

BTW, I have no idea of the validity of the source... in fact I don't even know what the original source is.

LandoSpeeder2
I know what's not going to be on the DVD is these holes that come up sometimes in the theater http://img29.echo.cx/img29/4259/snapshot200506031925476de.th.png

does anyone know why these flash sometimes in the theater? this always annoyed me a lot. I'm sure it doesn't do this in the Digital version right?

OB1-adobe
So far I got:

Qui-gon talking to Yoda

source?

The Ones
Originally posted by The New History
I know what's not going to be on the DVD is these holes that come up sometimes in the theater http://img29.echo.cx/img29/4259/snapshot200506031925476de.th.png

does anyone know why these flash sometimes in the theater? this always annoyed me a lot. I'm sure it doesn't do this in the Digital version right?

its to tell the person who runs the projecter that its coming to the end of the rell and to switch it

OB1-adobe
couldnt the projector just beep or something.

They have had those for years

The Ones
but its on the reel itself

green dude
I you guys planning on gettin the DVD and the guy who play Qui-gon Jnn he won't do that scene how stupid every like charater im not sure about actor sad But are they having o great another SW cermercial on my T.V lol.

As i was saying are they haveing the hole set out and what date cuz when it comes it will be like clone wars aaaa! big grin

But still it's one scene he could be apart of movie history and why won't he be Qui-gon Jnn can't they use computers to make the ghost of him.

And you can take somones voice and make it work on computers they do it with alot of singer like Brit Spears and stuff :P

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.