Force powers inconsistent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soda
I just don't understand the use of the force sometimes. For example, in the clone wars cartoons, mace windu can take out several robots with the force push/crush, and jump 50 feet into the air, yet in the movie he is not even close.

Also in the old republic game I think there is a sith that has been ripped to pieces, but he can hold himself together with the force, so why can't anakin use the force to survive his burns?

It makes me think that the jedi can't fully control the force, it sort of comes and goes (intensity also) depending on how they feel/ the situation (sort of like an adreline rush that makes you achieve something normally not possible)

The Ones
i know people here are going to start saying: games and cartoons are eu bullshit. but they are part of the star wars universe and everything is 1 big event. i like the idea that the force comes more powerful deoending how they are feeling but it doesnt seem right

yerssot
well, TO, you guessed my answer already wink

Darklightr
The answer is simple: not all Force users have the same level of skill in the Force. They each have their own strengthes and weaknesses.

You mentioned a Sith using the Force to hold himself together. Remember also that knowledge can easily be lost over the ages when not passed down correctly.

ESP07
Star Wars is best when you dont analyze it.

Ushgarak
The Clone Wars cartoon is done in cartoon style. That is TOTALLY different to film style. A straight comparison is silly.

Red Superfly
Cartoon: Superheroes.

Movie: Jedi.

Mace Windu punches holes in droids in the cartoon, Obi-Wan hurts his leg kicking Grievous in the movie.

Totally different laws. The Clone Wars, despite the fact I enjoy it, seems to be influenced a lot by the likes of The Matrix, where anyone with some sort of telekinetic power suddenly has the ability to control every damn thing they are near. The Star Wars movies obey the Star Wars rules.

Lucas Sucks!
Games and cartoons are bullshit, george ignored all the books that were writen before this new movies.
Originally posted by The Ones
i know people here are going to start saying: games and cartoons are eu bullshit. but they are part of the star wars universe and everything is 1 big event. i like the idea that the force comes more powerful deoending how they are feeling but it doesnt seem right

Delta 62
Yeah..there's plenty of things said in novels that aren't consistent with the films.

Cipher
The movies are what you must go by.
The cartoon was good but the Mace Windu thing was a little ridiculous.....

DeVi| D0do
Only the movies are canon in my opinion.

Delta 62
In the cartoon Yoda Force pushed Capital ships into one another..in the game he had to have Obi's help to move a concrete block in the Temple..

Cipher
Exactly. Different media, different depiction.....

((The_Anomaly))
1) its a cartoon, and its EU
2) its a video game and its EU
3) only the movies are canon, this is the problem with EU, people go overboard and its dumb, KOTOR is a supreme example of this, while a great game, the depiction of the force powers and the power of the force users is simply dumb....

hence, the 6 movies are the only thing you should go by....

Mist
if you spend time playing games and watching cartoons and analyzing the physics and logical explanations between them and a science fiction movie.....you need to go home and rethink your life no expression

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by Mist
if you spend time playing games and watching cartoons and analyzing the physics and logical explanations between them and a science fiction movie.....you need to go home and rethink your life no expression
what if I sell death sticks? I like death sticks!

In any case, books, games, etc. etc. are not canon! Lucas' force ghost explanation, for instance, is in direct opposition to ideas from the EU (I think correct me if I'm wrong), and I believe some people related to EpIII had said, almost proudly, that the explanation would make fans of EU upset. While I don't think that Lucas (et al) look at the EU hatefully, but they certainly don't embrace it either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.