what you think the balance of the force means

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucas Sucks!
what you think the balance of the force means? did anakin achieved it?
ill let you know what i think before you post your opinions.

DeVi| D0do
Balance of the Force is a stupid term... the Jedi's idea of balance is only having Light... riiiiiight.

astrofan428
I believe it means destroying the sith/darkside, so when he kills Sidious and returns to the light he has brought balance to the force.

Obi-Wan-"Is he no the chosen one? Is he not to destroy the sith and bring balance to the force?"

GCG
thats right;

Ridding the galaxy of the dark-side of the force by destroying the Sith.

astrofan428
OW-"It was said you would destroy the sith, not join them! Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness!"

Mist
Quigon. 'nuff said. smokin'

kremzike
Originally posted by Lucas Sucks!
ill let you know what i think before you post your opinions.

Ok.......................................

Go ahead...................................

We're waiting........................................

btw, that's a great username. I can see you're a big fan. roll eyes (sarcastic)

green dude
astrofan428 good point the balance of the force means having good and bad and even good people do some bad things so it keeps it balanced and you know what heres a riddle what is between heavan and hell ........................... Earth so we have both in a way good and bad that's how it's always gonna be that is the balance

jedikiller257
i think that balance is broght when a force user is not limited to only light side power but to dark as well

((The_Anomaly))
Balance > noun 1, state Meaning A state of equilibrium.

The Force > An energy field created by all living things

Balance of The Force > When the Energy field created by all living things is in a state of equilibrium.

.....good enough?

astrofan428
Great, but how do you get that? stick out tongue

jabbar
Originally posted by astrofan428
Great, but how do you get that? stick out tongue

when the energy from one side is transferred to another side that has less of that power. In thermodynamics, this is the 2nd law of of thermo.: Heat (energy) always wants to distribute itself evenly.

So, the balance of power was distributed evenly (sort of) between the light and dark sides because of the chosen one (anakin).

DeVi| D0do
No because, like I said, the Jedi's idea of 'balance' is having only light. Hence, they are idiots.

((The_Anomaly))
By making sure there is not an abundance of evil OR good in the galaxy id presume.....

the sith and the empire created a huge imbalance, when the sith were destroyed then balance was created.

or...When Vader killed Palpatine and thus sacrificed himself he did that or, Anakin fulfilled his destiny.

astrofan428
So many possibilities. stick out tongue

Mist
so little time or effortstick out tongue

astrofan428
I guess, since whatever balance is, it has to be brought about by Anakin meaning two possibilities.

1. The popular destroy the sith theory.

2. His influence in the jedi purge leaving two jedi and two sith.

Mist
what could happen if the balance was tipped to the good side though? really? what could go wrong?

astrofan428
Good question.

Mist
ponder this...i will....for about 30secs until i find something else to ponder over...like whats for dinner! eek!

astrofan428
Beef, its whats for dinner.

Mist
mmm...beef......do they have beef in the sw universe? if not.....owned......no expression

astrofan428
What else could make Jabba so damn fat?

Mist
KFC?

astrofan428
Kashyyk Fried Chicken

Mist
Pizza Hutt

astrofan428
Ah, nice.

Blu93GT
Originally posted by Mist
what could happen if the balance was tipped to the good side though? really? what could go wrong?

if that happened, the SW galaxy would have no conflict, and everybody would eventually become really wimpy and lame.

then a neighboring galaxy would come kill the defenseless pansies. evil face

Mist
sounds like demolition man stick out tongue

Bicnarok

Darth_Rankkor
Like someone said in here, jedi notion of balance was that anakin, a "heavenly" created entity, destroy the sith but, that's no balance. Yin Yang, Dark and light, there were far toooooo many jedi. To much light side force users. They interpreted the prophecy how they wanted for their own convenience. The problem was ... it back fired. So they've got what they deserved for being arrogant and making assumptions. But then again palpaine plan worked out and unbalanced things again. But in his case I don't mind LOLOLOL

Lucas Sucks!
i bieleve that the balnce of the force is something that anakin achieved since the begining and the jedi were so close minded not to see. The council has always been so closed and extremest on the force. Very conservative, Qui Gon and Anakin where the only ones that defer from that, the Jedis are pure white and the siths are dark, Anakin is a neutral gray, he understanded the force by learning the good and the dark side, he was in the dark side but remained good inside in the end, he achieved a balance but he was so confused that it messed it up, but in the end he balanced both worlds..... its like the Yin-Yan term but in the star wars universe.... all extremes are bad, you are too good you get blind (that is what happened to the council whocouldnt sense sidius) you are too way on the dark side youre blind and lost... i believe he achieved a middle point in between and i think that is what the prophecy was all about. Jedis were too blind and arrogant to understand it. What do you think?

Lazerlike42
I believe the balance is that after ROTS there are two light force users and two dark!

Ominous
thats messed up! blink

But i think the balance term is refering to the fact that as Sidious and the plot start to take form the Darkside becomes more visiable or powerful, the Jedi are disrupted in their ability to see and be as tough.

The council probably knows this, maybe thats even why Qui- gon knew Anakin as those chosen one because there was something wrong w/ their ability to see.
In the book after Anakin blows up the ship in TPM, the council although not sure agreed w/ him becoming a Jedi, except Yoda, but he was out voted, "The council agrees, apprentice he will be"

Tulak Hord
I think it's a bunch of BS made by the ancient Sith to throw the Jedi off-guard, so they could wait and strike.

cal31
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
No because, like I said, the Jedi's idea of 'balance' is having only light. Hence, they are idiots. This brings up a good point of how the Jedi don't look so perfect in their ways and beliefs after ROTS. You have Yoda who is way too overconfident, but accuses Sidious of the same thing, they treated Anakin like crap and only for their personal uses. Also, I think it was in the screenplay where they had Anakin asking Obi Wan to help him after he is cut apart and Obi Wan refuses to help him. Now what kind of Jedi is that? Good thing they didn't put that in the film, otherwise that would totally ruin my views on the Jedi.

meets of evil
Originally posted by cal31
Also, I think it was in the screenplay where they had Anakin asking Obi Wan to help him after he is cut apart and Obi Wan refuses to help him. Now what kind of Jedi is that? Good thing they didn't put that in the film, otherwise that would totally ruin my views on the Jedi.

Well Obi Wan had godo reason to. If he would've helped Anakin, little Ani probably would've just tried somethign at hsi given chance. Plus he was on the darkside by that time. Good people don't help bad that's just silly. big grin

cal31
Originally posted by meets of evil
Well Obi Wan had godo reason to. If he would've helped Anakin, little Ani probably would've just tried somethign at hsi given chance. Plus he was on the darkside by that time. Good people don't help bad that's just silly. big grin But it's wrong to kill Dooku?

p. skywalker
i think ani (vader) did bring balance to the force in rotj ...the evil was gone but not destroyed and technically with only luke and leia left the jedi were gone but not destroyed.. but i think it was more of a chance for both sides to start over again

darthmaul1
As yoda said " a phropecy misread may of been"
bringing balance to the force means that HE Anakin can balance it out by being good and bad and good again.

Cybervader
GL in an interview:

"...in Return of the Jedi, Anakin bring balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith"

By destroying the Emperor and himself that is.. wink

PVS
you know....i think we need about 50 more balance threads

its just not enough

lets just call this the "balance of the force" forum
the hell with ep3

Darth Koroni
Originally posted by Blu93GT
if that happened, the SW galaxy would have no conflict, and everybody would eventually become really wimpy and lame.

then a neighboring galaxy would come kill the defenseless pansies. evil face

In my opinion, when the Force is imbalanced it creates chosen ones to go and balance itself out, however these pawns have a horrible tendency to go over the top and imbalance the Force again.

Darth Travizzle
The balance between good and evil I guess.

PloKoon Forever
Hey yoda said the prophecy might have been misread, balance and equal are like the same thing, and there are only 2 sith..... when vader and palps are done killing the jedi there are 2 left (yoda and obi wan) so u can say anikan did his thing Happy Dance

Darth_Nefarus
The darkside still exists after the demise of the Sith, it just isn't as powerful and it doesn't corrupt the force itself anymore. Then everything is in balance and Luke Skywalker can regulate.

Revan Souer
Maybe the balance was brought about by Leia, she is the only one who is force sencetive but still fills all the emotions. Just a thought

Darth_Nefarus
No, Anakin is the chosen one, and he brought balance to the force, he just did it in a really stupid way on his part.

darthhova
i think it was balanced - 2 jedi's left, 2 siths left, perfect balance

Revan Souer
The troble with the balance issue is that you don't know what is BALANCE. Yes two of each is balance but Sith are more dominate so is it really?

Red Superfly
Balance means the natural order of the force.

The darkside needs to go. The lightside is the balance.

In a way, there is no "lightside" really. There's The Force, and "the darkside", that's it.

The darkside is just the unnatural imbalance thats ruining the natural order of life.

Geroge Lucas said it so stick out tongue

Revan Souer
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Balance means the natural order of the force.

The darkside needs to go. The lightside is the balance.

In a way, there is no "lightside" really. There's The Force, and "the darkside", that's it.

The darkside is just the unnatural imbalance thats ruining the natural order of life.

Geroge Lucas said it so stick out tongue
But there can't be any light without dark with balance you need both. Nobody is totally good nor evil

Red Superfly
Balance means that. The lightside is the balance of good and evil, and a natural order.

The darkside refers to an unnatural order of life.

GL said it himself. The "lightside" is the balance. The Jedi upheld the balance aswell as they could. The Sith throw it off kilter. It's as simple as that.

Darth_Nefarus
yes but when the sith are gone the darkside still exists. it just isn't as corrupted and more potent because of eons of sith magic.

2 jedi to 2 sith is not balance in the force, only numbers.

the darkside still has a presence, but not like when the sith were around.

PunisherFan33
this it what balance means. the light side overpowered the dark by alot. there was like 1000 jedi and only like 3 or 4 sith. so anikin killed all the jedi but 2 and there was 2 sith... the emperor and vader and 2 jedi obi wan and yoda. that my friends is even numbers and balance.
i know this has been said before in much simpler forms but thanks to mr calvin my chem teacher i now have to explain things cuz of labs and whatnot evil face evil face

Darth_Nefarus
The numbers of the jedi and sith have nothing to do with it. It's the actual desease to the force that the Sith order is. Their strange magic and darkside powers pollute the force and that's why the Jedi were blinded to Sidious' presence and the clone armies being created.

PVS
"...Which brings us up to the films 4, 5, and 6, in which Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings Balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe..." -George ****ing Lucas

end of discussion

*oops, posted in the wrong thread laughing out loud

amity75
Originally posted by Lucas Sucks!
what you think the balance of the force means? did anakin achieved it?
ill let you know what i think before you post your opinions. Anakin/Vader achieved it when he told Luke to take off his mask. Thus killing him, thus wiping out the last of the Sith thus bringing balance to the Force.

((The_Anomaly))

Darth Kreiger
When there is an Equal ammount of Dark Side and Light Side users

Forcewielder
"Balance to the Force" is about the balance of nature where everything is in peace and order without anything to disrupt the peace. The Sith throw the force off balance by creating wars and using the Dark Side for their pursuit for absolute power so it is the Chosen One's job to destroy the Sith so that the Force will be brought back into balance.

It's not about equal amounts of Jedi and Sith, it's about the Sith being a disease to the galaxy and Anakin is the cure.

.:Space Opera:.
that was perfectly said

Captain REX
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
When there is an Equal ammount of Dark Side and Light Side users

You're wrong. big grin

Originally posted by Forcewielder
"Balance to the Force" is about the balance of nature where everything is in peace and order without anything to disrupt the peace. The Sith throw the force off balance by creating wars and using the Dark Side for their pursuit for absolute power so it is the Chosen One's job to destroy the Sith so that the Force will be brought back into balance.

It's not about equal amounts of Jedi and Sith, it's about the Sith being a disease to the galaxy and Anakin is the cure.

I'm putting this in my profile for future use. eek!

PVS
all he did was paraphrase lucas stick out tongue

Tangible God
And it worked.

PVS
it never does, saddly erm

Alliance
*sigh* not these threads again.

PVS
the thread was started last year erm

Sesse
And was just contributed to again....

PVS
yeah...well that wraps up our tour and history lesson. please visit the gift shop on your way out.

greenangel
To be in balance with the force is to be flowing freely in the force......To become one with the force...... angel

Tangible God
The Tao?

JediRobin23
Balance of the force means....

Alliance
Lucas does not share that vision.

JediRobin23
You know what......your right

Alliance
Yes...but Luca's vision is more accurately described by:

overlord
Wait.. how are we supposed to see the good in the force if nobody practices the dark side? Then mind tricks and force pushing also becomes associated with evil to mere mortals!

Alliance
Thats the thing, Lucas only hints at public tistaste for the Jedi in the PT. They're not exactly all loved.

This is why I feeel Lucas's view doesnt make sanse, and doesnt necessariyl always come throgh in the movies.

Ushgarak
He plainly calls them the guardians of peace and justice throughout the Galaxy. Only someone trying to complicate it more than need be would have an issue there; any child can see them as heroes as they ar eseen in-story.

Alliance
The movies are from Lucas' point of view. Just like any movie, that not the only way to see the story.

aj_vader
Anakin Surley Balanced me out!

:P

Alliance
was that a sexual statement?

Crease
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=407605&pagenumber=5#post6699161

A couple of guys were pwned discussing this very subject, including a mod.

PVS
.......where? here?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.