Did Darth Plageus or Sidious spawn, by way of the force, the birth of Anakin??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jabbar
When Palpatine was telling teh tale of Darth Pageus the Wise to Anakin, he mentioned that "he was so powerful, he could even create life...".

It is a known fact from Phantom Menace, that Anakin's mother became pregnant with Anakin via immaculate conception (that is, there was no father, she just miraculously became pregnant).
Could it be that Plageus, or indeed Sidious (if, as it is subtely suggested in teh movie, that palpatine himself was Plageus' apprentice), have spawned the birth of Anakin Skywalker? Could it be that he used the prophesy of the "Chosen One" to fool the Jedi in accepting him into the Jedi order, only for him to ultimately turn him to teh Dark side as part of his master plan to rule the galaxy. This is a high possibility, as Palpatine showed an almost instant "affection" for Anakin from Episode I when Anakin was only a young boy with no developed force abilities, suggesting that he knew something about his existence and had his destiny mapped out for him...

DeVi| D0do
Use the search button... I don't know how many times this has been discussed...

darkjedi132
in my opinion, darth pleageus spawned Anakin, but thats just my opinion

Darth Plagueis
*sigh*
GUILTY!! Okay? Let it go!!!
I was young, she was drunk.......
next morning I was all a wave of the hand and she was all "he has no father" and I was all like, cool, seeya!!!

How could I have known??????!!!!

Mist
lies lies and more lies! we star wars fans are smart! we can think for ourselves!

will of the force! WILL OF THE FORCE!!!!!!

AAHhH!!!wheelchairwheelchairwheelchair

Darth Plagueis
Well, there WAS some FORCE...um, but I'll leave 'will' for the courts to decide....

DeVi| D0do
Rolling Stone: Now there's a hint in the movie that there was a Sith lord who had the power to create life. But it's left unsaid: Is Anakin a product of a super-Sith who influenced the midichlorians to create him, or is he simply created by the midichlorians to bring forth a prophecy, or was he created by the Force through the midichlorians?

Lucas: It's left up to the audience to decide. How he was born ulitmately has no relationship to how he dies, because in the end, the prophecy is true: Balance comes back to the Force.

bilb
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
*sigh*
GUILTY!! Okay? Let it go!!!
I was young, she was drunk.......
next morning I was all a wave of the hand and she was all "he has no father" and I was all like, cool, seeya!!!

How could I have known??????!!!!

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Sadako of Girth
Palps was lying like he did about everything else to Anakin about....

Mist
its ok guys...this guy can be excused.....he's from melbourne wink

jabbar
sorry guys, i'm new here so I was not aware this has already been posted. It's a very interesting possibility, and makes the whole star wars saga so cool, isn't it??!

astrofan428
Nearly everyword that comes out of Palpatines mouth is supershadow quality bullshit.

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by jabbar
sorry guys, i'm new here so I was not aware this has already been posted. It's a very interesting possibility, and makes the whole star wars saga son cool, isn't it??! Huh? What are we talking about.....oh, oh yeah....back child support.....um
*waves hand*
"I'm not the baby's daddy youre looking for.."

Xam
Darth Plagueis...i know u were young n she was drunk..but remember ME??i was on X...we had that 3som..damn...i think im the babbys daddy!!!

Sadako of Girth
Huh? What are we talking about.....oh, oh yeah....back child support.....um
*waves hand*
"I'm not the baby's daddy youre looking for.."

LOL laughing

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by Xam
Darth Plagueis...i know u were young n she was drunk..but remember ME??i was on X...we had that 3som..damn...i think im the babbys daddy!!! Word!! I wasn't sure if that thing you were waving about was genitalia or not!!

Darth Macabre
Well, there WAS some FORCE...um, but I'll leave 'will' for the courts to decide....

lol Thats Hysterical. laughing

Sadako of Girth
ROFLMAO hysterical

Bar-en-Danwedh
laughing out loud

----------

seriously though...

why are people still struggling with this...

"darth plagus taught his pupil everything he knew.."

go watch it again...

look at palpys face when he tells this story...

does he have to spell it out?

HE MADE ANIKAN!!!!!

DeVi| D0do
fo shizzle

Sadako of Girth
He may have taught Sidious the secret of old age, but then I doubt that he'd have taught Anakin the trick and then made himself unneccesary to Anakin any further so Anakin could kill him... And equally, I doubt that he is Anakin's father....
Plus...why would Palps create someone who would kill him ultimately...
Palps was pretty clued on the prophecies apparently....

Darth Plagueis
Or he was told to lie, bare faced....
oh...wait....

DeVi| D0do
Did nobody read my post?
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Rolling Stone: Now there's a hint in the movie that there was a Sith lord who had the power to create life. But it's left unsaid: Is Anakin a product of a super-Sith who influenced the midichlorians to create him, or is he simply created by the midichlorians to bring forth a prophecy, or was he created by the Force through the midichlorians?

Lucas: It's left up to the audience to decide. How he was born ulitmately has no relationship to how he dies, because in the end, the prophecy is true: Balance comes back to the Force.
THERE IS NO ANSWER! WE ARE ALL RIGHT!

Cipher
Its an interesting thing to do, intentionally putting something uncertain like that.

DeVi| D0do
This movie is full of ambiguity. I think it's a smart move.

Bar-en-Danwedh
darth plagus taught sideous to manipulate midichlorians to create life itself, then sid said, 'tar, very much' and sabred him in his sleep.

found someone of insignificance on a planet were no one would care, and manipulated the force to create life in her...

he's not anikans biological father in the most direct route, but he totally made him. it's all brought forth in an impressivley subtle way, but all the evidence is there...

having the emporer announce it our-right would have been way to similar to vader telling luke in ESB, and that kind of repetition was too much for even george 'hand severing' lucas.

just think about that the next time you watch it... and i'm sure you'll agree...

astrofan428
At first I sold this off as bullshit, but as I rewatch the scene the way he says the word life and the look on his face, it appears that he may have done it.

Just the emphasis and expressions sell it.

astrofan428
Look away Dodo. stick out tongue

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1QJ8L3ZQGIMVH15C70KG7SUK4R

The way he delivers that line is so devilish that you cant help but to atleast consider it.

DeVi| D0do
I couldn't resist downloading that...

That scene and Ian's performance are my favourite things about the film!

I agree with Bar-en-Danwedh. It had to be just implied... very subtley. Otherwise it woulda just been a rip off of Empire's "I am your father."

astrofan428
It almost seems like when he says the word life that he nods to Anakin.

Blu93GT
Originally posted by astrofan428
It almost seems like when he says the word life that he nods to Anakin.

He does - but he was talking about D. Plagueus at the time.

With regard to Sidious obviously being a liar, I think it would be foolish to assume that every word he utters is a lie... the BEST lies are 90% true!

or completely true.

Recall that when Dooku was trying to talk Obi-Wan into joining the "other" side, he told Obi that the Jedi had been blinded by the dark side, the senate was under the control of the dark lord of the Sith, and the trade fed had worked for the dark lord until he'd screwed them over. All of that was TRUE - the deception was in what he DIDN'T say. He made it sound like he was working against the Sith, using statements that were actually true.

It seems likely that D. Sidious would use the same "deception by truth" technique. According to his story, D. Plagueus taught his apprentice everything he knew... but IMO, that doesn't mean that the apprentice became equally powerful - it's possible that the force wasn't as strong with him, so he couldn't make the knowledge work for him. Notice that D. Sidious was quite willing to fight Mace Windu and the other Jedis, and of course Yoda - it's not like he was afraid of a real fight. But in the story, the apprentice kills D. Plagueus in his sleep. To me, this suggests that even after learning all his master knew, the apprentice was still not as powerful. Perhaps this was why, once he bacame the master, he needed a powerful young apprentice.

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Did nobody read my post?

Yes.....nobody read your post.

stick out tongue

DarthLazious
Its possible.

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by astrofan428
Look away Dodo. stick out tongue

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1QJ8L3ZQGIMVH15C70KG7SUK4R

The way he delivers that line is so devilish that you cant help but to atleast consider it.

Is this link without audio or am I just missing the codec?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.