Prof X v The Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whirlysplat
I checked and Unbelievably it has not been done before.

Prof Xavier

v

JJ The Martian Manhunter

Jon Jonzz has none of his other powers available; its telepathy v telepathy
who is the stronger.

Please give examples so this thread can actually definitively prove the issue and become canon.

http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/mmanhunter/manhunter.html

http://www.mutanthigh.com/profx.html

CorderaMitchell
Professor X

Pepito
I'm certain this has been done before but professor X is much more powerful

kgkg
what are you guys talking about MM will eat him.

Pepito
Yes because MM beat a millenium giant with about twenty other psychics helping him. Wow he truly is the king of men. All non DC fanatics know that Xavier is by far the best telepath. He beat Cassandra Nova, rewrote personalities and defeated Phoenix and Shadow King. Also his mind created Onslaught showing the power he holds

CorderaMitchell
This is no match right here, even if MM had his powers.-

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Pepito
Yes because MM beat a millenium giant with about twenty other psychics helping him. Wow he truly is the king of men. All non DC fanatics know that Xavier is by far the best telepath. He beat Cassandra Nova, rewrote personalities and defeated Phoenix and Shadow King. Also his mind created Onslaught showing the power he holds

I am interested though to see the opinions of others greatest feats please and evidence

whirlysplat
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
This is no match right here, even if MM had his powers.-

roll eyes (sarcastic) feats please with examples, debate not opinion without proof big grin

Keep the faith rock

whirlysplat

Please prove your statement with evidence, debate not statements big grin

Swanky-Tuna
It has been. Once for a telepathy only battle.

And once here.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
It has been. Once for a telepathy only battle.

And once here.

It appears Martian Manhunter was considered the strongerbig grin

K3VIL
J'Onn's evil side a monster surrounded by flames nearly destroyed the world and beat down the JLA without much effort.
J'Onn was able to enter into the mind of Mageddon, the sentient huge planet that will explode destroying the Milk Valley Galaxy, and link Batman's mind with Superman's mind, Mageddon was the doomsday machine nearly unstoppable, and after Superman get captured in his mind, he got mad, and Manhunter was able to enter in it.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by whirlysplat
It appears Martian Manhunter was considered the strongerbig grin
I'm not quite sure but I think Manhunter's people pass down their telepathic experience and knowledge from generation to generation. That makes for some crazy stuff.

whirlysplat
I'm not quite sure but I think Manhunter's people pass down their telepathic experience and knowledge from generation to generation. That makes for some crazy stuff.

"topic messages are for chumps" Swanky Tuna 2005

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I think topic messages are fine if they pertain to the thread big grin

I could play the *** for tat superiority game you wish for swanky in public or by instant messenenger but I think your statement speaks far greater volumes than my topic message.

Thanks for the info anyway

Keep the faith rock big grin

nigel45
Yes because MM beat a millenium giant with about twenty other psychics helping him. Wow he truly is the king of men. All non DC fanatics know that Xavier is by far the best telepath.B]

Oh please. That was certainly not the only feat that MM has accomplished.

And using your logic, only non Marvel fanatics know that Manhunter is by far the best telepath. Your statement didn't prove anything.

Pepito
My statement proved a lot of things: You're obsessive, you like MM way too much, You can't read................

Anyway if you meausre MM's greatest example of power, the huge destruction beast, against Onslaught, the being who could absorb Franklin Richards and Nate Grey and had to be fought for a year by all the nonmutant earth heroes then it is obvious that Xavier is the stronger.

Swanky-Tuna
"topic messages are for chumps" Swanky Tuna 2005

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I think topic messages are fine if they pertain to the thread big grin
Tralalalalala. I'm just saying. For a while I was confused by your quote only replies until I noticed you put your message in the topic line.

My superiority game? I didn't even think I was taken seriously and I'm apparently playing a superiority game?

But go ahead, play any games you want. I'm highly resistant to attempts on my nerves. I grew up with 3 sisters! The nerves are dead!

IMing me will only cause you to fall into my charm as I am adorable in "person" on the messengers. Until the awkward silence comes.

whirlysplat
My statement proved a lot of things: You're obsessive, you like MM way too much, You can't read................

Anyway if you meausre MM's greatest example of power, the huge destruction beast, against Onslaught, the being who could absorb Franklin Richards and Nate Grey and had to be fought for a year by all the nonmutant earth heroes then it is obvious that Xavier is the stronger. \

Examples, please though guys don't argue smile debate

norrin radd

whirlysplat
Tralalalalala. I'm just saying. For a while I was confused by your quote only replies until I noticed you put your message in the topic line.

My superiority game? I didn't even think I was taken seriously and I'm apparently playing a superiority game?

But go ahead, play any games you want. I'm highly resistant to attempts on my nerves. I grew up with 3 sisters! The nerves are dead!

IMing me will only cause you to fall into my charm as I am adorable in "person" on the messengers. Until the awkward silence comes.

read my original post more carefully, and if you didn't mean offence I apologise. big grin

whirlysplat

Swanky-Tuna
read my original post more carefully, and if you didn't mean offence I apologise. big grin
I didn't take it as offensive. I genuinely don't know what the crap you're talking about and just assumed you meant you could annoy me or something.

whirlysplat
No pobsbig grin

nigel45

Anyway if you meausre MM's greatest example of power, the huge destruction beast, against Onslaught, the being who could absorb Franklin Richards and Nate Grey and had to be fought for a year by all the nonmutant earth heroes then it is obvious that Xavier is the stronger.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mainstream
true..if Xavier goes "Majin Buu" and absorb little frankie and test tube baby cable...MM is F**Ked up..and that's if Onslaught is in a good mood.

DarkCrawler

He never beat Cassandra. Jean did.

DarkCrawler
EVEN IF MM would not be better telepath (Which he is), he could still resist Xavier enough to just walk at Xavier and rip his head away.

Draco69
MM is LEAGUES above Xavier. Go to my thread that Swanky-Tuna generously posted. It says it all.

For god's sake MM was once in connection with every sentinent being in the multiverse. That says it all.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Draco69
For god's sake MM was once in connection with every sentinent being on Earth. That says it all.

Fixed that for you.

Draco69
No it happened during the "1 Million storyline" during the battle with Solaris.

Cosmic Cube
No it happened during the "1 Million storyline" during the battle with Solaris.

?

You mean, the series when the JLA are the guardians of the Solar system, and MM resides on Mars? What issue?

whirlysplat
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
EVEN IF MM would not be better telepath (Which he is), he could still resist Xavier enough to just walk at Xavier and rip his head away.

big grin

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
That's what I said in the second thread I linked. Except it was a pop in the nose I think.

Draco69
It was the final battle. MM was holding Ressurection Man (What a god awful codename) in his arms and he connected with every sentinent being to calm them down and inform of them of the "GL Ring" gambit

Cosmic Cube
You mean, Issue #4 "Death Star?" Could you quote the narration?

Draco69
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
You mean, Issue #4 "Death Star?" Could you quote the narration?

Sorry. I don't have the graphic novel with me right now. I don't remember the words. But it was just when Superman was chasing the "kryptonite missile" and when Superman 1mil and GL were in-casing Solaris. Batman said that their "master tactician is still alive"

Although MM may have gotten stronger...

Cosmic Cube
Sorry. I don't have the graphic novel with me right now. I don't remember the words. But it was just when Superman was chasing the "kryptonite missile" and when Superman 1mil and GL were in-casing Solaris. Batman said that their "master tactician is still alive"

I fugured he would be stronger in the 1 million storyline.

S'Okay though. I'll take your word for it.

Draco69
He must have been. He had eons after all. He must have learned some new tricks. Although all he did was sleep with Martian dirt in Mars.

wannabe
WOW!!! I never knew MM is THAT powerful. All that powerhouse-powers AND telepathy on a level Charly can't even dream of (being connected with every living being in the universe, imagine what that means...puuuh).
I guess we can all agree on the thought that When PX would go fighting without all this ethic bondage he put on himself, most of the X-Teams opponents would go down within seconds...and would never be evil again due to rewritten mindsets.
When MM, an "everyday"-character, is SO MUCH better (witch i don't doubt, given the evidence) - WHAT DOES DC NEED THE OTHER HEROES FOR??? (not a rhetoric question)

kgkg

I have the comic issue, that's where Superman prime returns I didn't see MM holding anything, or connected to everyone on the multiverse.

Draco69
It was the Mars MM. He was holding RM in his arms.

kgkg
It was the Mars MM. He was holding RM in his arms.
was his after or before the missle(k)?

Draco69
It was before. He gave a narration clue that the missle wasn't really kryptonite. He also informed everyone of Huntress's plan. The plan involved hiding weapons for countless years until the battle with Solaris. Thus they could use them.

kgkg
It was before. He gave a narration clue that the missle wasn't really kryptonite. He also informed everyone of Huntress's plan. The plan involved hiding weapons for countless years until the battle with Solaris. Thus they could use them.

Ya , but nowhere does it say he is connected to everyone in the multiverse.

Draco69
I mispoke. I meant universe. He connected to everyone using the headnets. He instructed them on where to find the weapons off-panel.

GalacticStorm
What are the headnets?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
What are the headnets?
You wear them so you don't get hair in people's food.

Draco69
What are the headnets?

TV in your head.

jffxex1980
So are u saying that Xavier can't connect with every single sentient all at once? HA! Don't insult the father of all telepathy! This guy can lobotomize MM in a heart beat even without the help of cerebro. As I have said many times before, stronger and faster as DC may be, telepathy has never been their forte. That's Marvel's forte and even if MM is more powerful in terms of psionic attacks, finesse and will power have always been Charle's advantage. One may have off the chart psionic powers but if one lacks finesse and experience, what good is it? I.e. emma frost versus rachel summers. It would be a kick ass fight but in the end, marvel will prevail.

GalacticStorm
You wear them so you don't get hair in people's food.

LMAO

Come on boys someones gotta tell me what they really are.

Superherovandal
experience MM has none you say. Much to learn you still have. Receive all the experience of Martian civilization MM has. MM enough experience has he.

nigel45
Originally posted by jffxex1980
So are u saying that Xavier can't connect with every single sentient all at once? HA! Don't insult the father of all telepathy! This guy can lobotomize MM in a heart beat even without the help of cerebro. As I have said many times before, stronger and faster as DC may be, telepathy has never been their forte. That's Marvel's forte and even if MM is more powerful in terms of psionic attacks, finesse and will power have always been Charle's advantage. One may have off the chart psionic powers but if one lacks finesse and experience, what good is it? I.e. emma frost versus rachel summers. It would be a kick ass fight but in the end, marvel will prevail.

Well you can't just make the argument that since Marvel on average has better telepaths, they'll win against one of (if not the) best telepath in DC.

nigel45
And MM has more experience.

whirlysplat
LMAO

Come on boys someones gotta tell me what they really are.

Its a telapathic internet e.g. Head net

radioboy121
Is Kingdom Come considered canon? Martian Manhunter in the relative near future had his mind screwed when he tried to connect and understand every sentient in Earth.

JRW
PROF. X WOULD WIN CUZ HES THAT DAMN GOOD MM IS STUPID AND GREEN!!

Cosmic Flame
How often does MM engage in psychic battle, not just big psychic feats?

nigel45
When the White Martians come to town?

Draco69
Ditto.

CorderaMitchell
lol

supermanprime
prof x gets tired and wron out after trying to probe nonmutant/normal human mind's but MM at will can probe minds of diffenert races with ease and donot need the help of cerebro like charles.

jffxex1980
Originally posted by K3VIL
J'Onn's evil side a monster surrounded by flames nearly destroyed the world and beat down the JLA without much effort.
J'Onn was able to enter into the mind of Mageddon, the sentient huge planet that will explode destroying the Milk Valley Galaxy, and link Batman's mind with Superman's mind, Mageddon was the doomsday machine nearly unstoppable, and after Superman get captured in his mind, he got mad, and Manhunter was able to enter in it.

OHHHH! MM evolved into Fernus and threatened to disintigrate everything to oblivion! SCARY!!! U on crack? Xavier is the epitome of telepathy. Not only he defeated shadow king but he becamse Onslaught. It took all marvel superheroes to defeat him. He became thought itself and the only way to destroy him was to absorb him mentally and he took down all of the Avengers, fantastic four, the INCREDIBLE HOOK and doom and thor with HIM!!!

shaolin9976
I don't Professor X stands a chance against MM.

illadelph12
Well, if they engage in purely psionic combat, I'm assuming they'd be in a neutral place on the astral plane, and Charles's powers wouldn't be inhibited by the field Magneto placed on Earth that inhibits the full potential of Charle's mind, so he might just take MM. In purely psychic combat skill they're probably equals if J'onn isn't superior, but I believe Charles is more powerful minus the telepathy dampening field on Marvel Earth. MM is not even the most powerful mind in the DC Universe, or even on DC Earth, he's just the most skilled.

And are you using the 853rd Century Manhunter that became one with the planet Mars in this fight? If so, it's not really fair, he absorbed all of the leftover psionic impressions of his people when he became one with the planet, he'd massacre X.

manjaro
let me just copy and paste what i wrote the last time this battle came up: note i even made mention to the las thread even before that

well it is obviously MM... charles already has 2 strikes against him 1.) other than communication over short distances, and a mind bolt or two his telepathy is useless against shapeshifters 2.) his telepathy is Absolutely useless aginst those who can become intangible (check ultimate xmen, where he admits this....the one where wolvie tried to kill scott)

yeah charles can give shapeshitfers a mind bolt but i doubt that he could affect one that is a highly accomplshed telepath such as MM. i know its just beating a dead horse now but, the guy mindwiped 70 just as accomplished telepaths. in fact, b4 they launched thier assualt, and was ridding the earth of its atmosphere the white martians were a little more powerful than normal becuz they were kidnapping all psychics, empaths, palm readers, and anyone with latent telepathic abilites and were eating thier brains to boost thier own power.. yet MM shut them down regardless.

also, if youre an old schooler like me you'll know that while j'onn was living on Mars he was telepathically linked to every member of his race, and all those countless millenia of training, strategies and mind techniques were passed down from generation to generation via telepathy. so charles is in way way over his head. also on another note charles is the most powerful psychic on Earth not the universe. impressive as that may be he has no prayer against someone like J'onn.

this is what would happen, J'onn would do that Kitty Pryde trick and become intangible, walk up to him put his hand in his head or chest and snatch out his brain, or his heart from his damn chest....goodbye charely

illadelph12
I thought this was a psionic powers only match? J'onn can't phase or shift in this battle, can he?

If he can't, a lot of what you said is nullified Manjaro.

illadelph12
I checked and Unbelievably it has not been done before.

Prof Xavier

v

JJ The Martian Manhunter

Jon Jonzz has none of his other powers available; its telepathy v telepathy
who is the stronger.

Please give examples so this thread can actually definitively prove the issue and become canon.

http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/mmanhunter/manhunter.html

http://www.mutanthigh.com/profx.html

Yeah, it's nullified. This is psionics only.

manjaro
ok telepathy vs telapthy j'onn is hundreds if not thousands of years old. meaning he's had a decent head start. also again.generagtions of techniques being passed down trumps the tag line of "most powerful telepath on EARTH"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.