Once more the Sith shall rule the Galaxy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperor Revan
When Sidious says this in Episode 3, who is he referring to? Revan?

Ushgarak
He never actually ruled it, did he?

GL won't be referring to external sources on this one, or anything specific. GL has simply stated that the Sith 'once ruled the Galaxy'. The EU explores that, of course, but GL is just using that broad statement as his basis.

DCLXVI
But one could take it to mean the Sith Empire from a thousand years BBY....stick out tongue

Lord Melkor
Well, he said in interview that Sith ruled a Galaxy for a long time before Jedi defeated them. It was not explored in EU!

DCLXVI
It could perhaps be explored in the time between KotOR, (c. 4,000 years BBY), and the Battle of Ruusaan (sp?), (which is c. 1,000 years BBY)....

ImmortalOne
I'm guessing its the time of KOTOR 2 .... ya know Revan and stuff...

Ushgarak
It doesn't matter what time it was. It could be 10000 years ago for all we know. GL just has a vague 'past moment' in mind when the Sith ruled the Galaxy.

DCLXVI
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It doesn't matter what time it was. It could be 10000 years ago for all we know. GL just has a vague 'past moment' in mind when the Sith ruled the Galaxy.

I was merely speculating....there is no need to get so defensive about it....

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Ushgarak
He never actually ruled it, did he?

GL won't be referring to external sources on this one, or anything specific. GL has simply stated that the Sith 'once ruled the Galaxy'. The EU explores that, of course, but GL is just using that broad statement as his basis.

Well to my knowledge, Revan got closer than any other Sith to conquering the galaxy. The Jedi do say that the Sith were all but invincible with only Bastila's battle meditation keeping them from total triumph. I suppose that doesn't actually count but if Lord Revan goes dark then he basically conquered the galaxy because the Republic fleet is decimated, there are less than 100 Jedi total, the Sith Empire has a huge and limitless army, and Lord Revan is even stronger than his previous reign and with a more useful apprentice.

Holifyre
He is simply referring to the religion of The Sith. He obviously is a Sith (we all know that) but his fascination with the Sith is quite strong. He is just making a reference

Darth_Rankkor
The declaration is strong and then smooth when he says (... and we will have...peace (though it sounds like piss what would be a little odd he saying that to ani. kinda old perv hahahah)

Holifyre
I think when Sidious says "And we will have... peace", he was manipulating Anakin. Basically saying, he was making the dark side seem like the true light and goodness to Anakin.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by Holifyre
I think when Sidious says "And we will have... peace", he was manipulating Anakin. Basically saying, he was making the dark side seem like the true light and goodness to Anakin.

And isn't it? :P

Holifyre
It depends on one's opinion what dark and light is.. or good and evil... It is simply religion.. I don't mean to offend anyone on what I will say, just an example. Afganastan took down America's Twin Towers and America is now at way with Afganastan. America hates them.. understandable. But the question remains... Why did Afganastan do that in the first place? Basically saying... No one knows what good and evil is.. Everyone has their own thoughts on what is truly good and what is truly bad.. I do apoligize for bring up the topic of America.

Darth_Rankkor
It depends on one's opinion what dark and light is.. or good and evil... It is simply religion.. I don't mean to offend anyone on what I will say, just an example. Afganastan took down America's Twin Towers and America is now at way with Afganastan. America hates them.. understandable. But the question remains... Why did Afganastan do that in the first place? Basically saying... No one knows what good and evil is.. Everyone has their own thoughts on what is truly good and what is truly bad.. I do apoligize for bring up the topic of America.

No need to apologize (at least imo). I think is a debatable subject, though not in here LMAO. Palps rule and if it wasn't him, it would have been me. Nevertheless you can't compare palps-jedi with US - IRQ issues smokin'

Holifyre
Never compared. Just an example who 2 opposite religions work. Only an example

General Zodiac
Originally posted by ZoSo
But one could take it to mean the Sith Empire from a thousand years BBY....stick out tongue
Lucas never played a Star Wars game. He might not even know about Revan.

Tulak Hord
He should. Revan is one of the most kick ass darksiders ever. Next to Sadow, Pall, and my man Tulak Hord.

General Zodiac
Lucas stated once I forget where that the EU and his Star Wars should be two different things.

Tulak Hord
Heh, too bad for him. My fanness lies with EU more than with the SW Movies. The EU has a broader range.

General Zodiac
The SW Movies doesn't have these all powerful beings that can destroy a sun.

Darth_Rankkor
I like both Movies and EU universe. One completes the other imo smokin'

Fishy
There will probably be a book or a game (maybe kotor 3, I hope so stick out tongue or not) about a Dark Side force user conquering the entire galaxy

Tulak Hord
Better be a book, the saving the galaxy stuff is getting old.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
Better be a book, the saving the galaxy stuff is getting old.

agreed.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
Well to my knowledge, Revan got closer than any other Sith to conquering the galaxy. The Jedi do say that the Sith were all but invincible with only Bastila's battle meditation keeping them from total triumph. I suppose that doesn't actually count but if Lord Revan goes dark then he basically conquered the galaxy because the Republic fleet is decimated, there are less than 100 Jedi total, the Sith Empire has a huge and limitless army, and Lord Revan is even stronger than his previous reign and with a more useful apprentice.

That is your logical flaw. You take "to your knowledge" as the law.

GL was most likely referring to one particular point in time when the Sith HAD ruled the galaxy. This could be any number of time periods involving any number of individuals, many of which may not be explored in the EU.

All this shows is that the SITH had at one time ruled the galaxy, it does not mean we KNOW of who did it.

To say that because you know Revan came close, does not show he was the one being referred to.

What you KNOW is very limited in respect to the history of the Star Wars Universe, do not try to pass it as law.

HimoKun

Well, I think we can agree that killing innocent people is a evil thing.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by HimoKun
Well, I think we can agree that killing innocent people is a evil thing.

Well were evil than because we killed 80,000 innocent people in hiroshima.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Illustrious
That is your logical flaw. You take "to your knowledge" as the law.

GL was most likely referring to one particular point in time when the Sith HAD ruled the galaxy. This could be any number of time periods involving any number of individuals, many of which may not be explored in the EU.

All this shows is that the SITH had at one time ruled the galaxy, it does not mean we KNOW of who did it.

To say that because you know Revan came close, does not show he was the one being referred to.

What you KNOW is very limited in respect to the history of the Star Wars Universe, do not try to pass it as law.

No, don't ever pretend to know what I think. I don't think my knowledge is law, I threw that in there to show that Revan got closer than anyone else that I KNOW OF, NOT NECESSARILY EVERYONE ELSE. I NEVER said he was referring to Revan, I said it was possible and totally speculation.

This whole topic is a question because I DON'T KNOW! And what I KNOW is not as limited as you think, you obviously have a very inflated view of yourself fool, and don't ever act like I'm trying to say my knowledge is law when I'm blatantly saying it's not. It just makes you look stupid and an ass.

Darth_Janus
Well said.

General Zodiac
No, don't ever pretend to know what I think. I don't think my knowledge is law, I threw that in there to show that Revan got closer than anyone else that I KNOW OF, NOT NECESSARILY EVERYONE ELSE. I NEVER said he was referring to Revan, I said it was possible and totally speculation.

This whole topic is a question because I DON'T KNOW! And what I KNOW is not as limited as you think, you obviously have a very inflated view of yourself fool, and don't ever act like I'm trying to say my knowledge is law when I'm blatantly saying it's not. It just makes you look stupid and an ass.

Lucas never plays Star Wars games so how would he know about Revan. Maybe he just said that to give them something to explore further.

Darth_Janus
Here you are again, spouting off nonsense. Zodiac, you are like a shit that won't flush, I swear.

Lucas may be lazy, but he has a dim view of Eu, if anything. Hell, he used Darth Bane, Aayla Secura, and the double bladed lightsaber in his movies.... That shows you he pays attention better than I do. I didn't know about any of those before I came to this forum.

Illustrious

Then why did you even mention Revan? During KotOR or KotOR II, he failed to conquer the galaxy. So is Palpatine referencing him? Obviously not.

Use your head, why did you mention his name then if he DID NOT rule the galaxy? Just so you can peddle your favorite character some more? Sprinkle him in your fanboy sauce?

Maybe you should use your head. As far as we know, Revan DIDN'T conquer the galaxy, he DIDN'T rule it, so is Palps referencing him when he says "once more the Sith shall rule the galaxy?"

Clearly you have issues, especially considering you get so defensive so fast when someone questions your viewpoint.

Human Vader

Maybe you should read what people post before you go and bash them, Illustrious. He clearl states that Revan doesn't count, BUT if you play the game to the dark side ending, Revan pretty much has the galaxy under his control. We all know he's biased towards Revan sometimes, and sure maybe he was "sprinkling Revan in his fanboy sauce", but he clearly states that Revan doesn't really count. You should actually try and respond to the thread instead of bashing people. Besides Emperor Revan is very far from a Revan fanboy, true Revan is his favorite character and many times he is biased towards him, but at least he goes by things Revan has done, and doesn't just make up stuff about Revan like a lot of noobs do. Give him some respect and actually reply to the thread.

Great Vengeance
Yeah emperor revan diserves your respect regardless if you disagree with him or not, I usually disagree with him but he debates in a logical manner based on facts so I reply in a similar manner and not pointless bashing.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Human Vader
Maybe you should read what people post before you go and bash them, Illustrious. He clearl states that Revan doesn't count, BUT if you play the game to the dark side ending, Revan pretty much has the galaxy under his control. We all know he's biased towards Revan sometimes, and sure maybe he was "sprinkling Revan in his fanboy sauce", but he clearly states that Revan doesn't really count. You should actually try and respond to the thread instead of bashing people. Besides Emperor Revan is very far from a Revan fanboy, true Revan is his favorite character and many times he is biased towards him, but at least he goes by things Revan has done, and doesn't just make up stuff about Revan like a lot of noobs do. Give him some respect and actually reply to the thread.

My point is that he has no reason to even mention the name.

Clearly this entire thread is to either promote his entire fetish with Revan, or to peddle the fact that he believed Revan is the best.

It would be like me saying:

"Exar was the best, he walked in to the senate, his spirit owned luke, lolololololol, he took control of the massassi race, omg he is so powerful. But wait, he doesn't count."

Mentioning Exar then, would be redundant, he didn't take over the universe any more than Revan did; THERE IS NO PURPOSE TO MENTION HIM; just like there is no purpose to mention Revan, it's offtopic and unnecessary.

Do you want me to spout off names next of everyone that came remotely close?

To our knowledge, we don't know who Sidious is referring to, as we don't know of a Sith figure that had ruled the galaxy. To say anything else at this certain moment of time would be pointless. To create a thread and then peddle your favorite character's name is fanboyism.

I could make 20 threads about Exar, and make a thinly veiled attempt at provoking thought to cover up the fact that it's sheer fanboyism, but that doesn't change the fact: it's fanboyism, simple as that.

I've been trying to participate in debates with a "logical manner", but I would say the majority of the people here have no idea what the first thing is to an actual debate. A debate is not your blatant opinion. You don't go into a debate trying to peddle your goal, you go into a debate to make the best argument possible; not show off your love for a certain character.

Darth_Janus
Illustrious, if this thread so bothers you, do us all a big favor, piss off, and don't return. No one is forcing you to read this, and your inputis not appreciated by anyone, including the creator of the thread. He opened it for discussion and put something on the table. You, on the other hand, have just been an unreasonable ass who overcritiques every little thing.

Emperor Revan
Special thanks to Darth_Janus, Great Vengeance, and my apprentice: Human Vader. You guys rule.

Illustrious: Like they said, did you even bother to read the first post? I asked WHO he was referring to. I don't know and what makes you think I do? Next, like Human Vader said, I am slightly biased towards Revan at times but I never exaggerate anything he's done, lie, etc. and this thread was clearly (or so I thought) not meant to promote Revan or his accomplishments in any way. Otherwise I would've started spouting off overly biased opinions left and right saying Revan is a god or something.

Revan had the galaxy at it's knees. He was the dark lord, had an apprentice with battle meditation, the Star Forge to create an endless fleet, less than a hundred Jedi left to compete with, and a decimated Republic fleet to try and stop him. That's closer than any other Sith (besides Palps obviously) to controlling the galaxy, that's why I threw his name out WITH A QUESTION MARK.

Now why don't you stop trying to insult people and if you're gonna post, answer the original question.

Nactous
I agree Tulak.

Fishy
And one more thing... Revan still has a chance to rule the Galaxy. Kun does not, now piss off

Nactous
Illustrious, whats your problem?

Darth_Janus
Amen, brutha. Preach it!

Illustrious
Special thanks to Darth_Janus, Great Vengeance, and my apprentice: Human Vader. You guys rule.

Illustrious: Like they said, did you even bother to read the first post? I asked WHO he was referring to. I don't know and what makes you think I do? Next, like Human Vader said, I am slightly biased towards Revan at times but I never exaggerate anything he's done, lie, etc. and this thread was clearly (or so I thought) not meant to promote Revan or his accomplishments in any way. Otherwise I would've started spouting off overly biased opinions left and right saying Revan is a god or something.

Revan had the galaxy at it's knees. He was the dark lord, had an apprentice with battle meditation, the Star Forge to create an endless fleet, less than a hundred Jedi left to compete with, and a decimated Republic fleet to try and stop him. That's closer than any other Sith (besides Palps obviously) to controlling the galaxy, that's why I threw his name out WITH A QUESTION MARK.

Now why don't you stop trying to insult people and if you're gonna post, answer the original question.

I have answered the question.

The most likely solution is an individual in which GL has not yet named, or the EU has not yet created. To our knowledge, we do not know of a Sith, outside of Palpatine himself, that has conquered the galaxy. Revan was close, but he doesn't count. You said this yourself.

How is it that whenever someone creates a thread in the versus forum with a matchup that is obvious, they get flamed for it. But when someone creates a thread and spouts out an answer that is clearly incorrect, they are lauded for their efforts? I find that rather amazing.

Darth_Janus
Where is this incorrect answer you're refering to?

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Illustrious
I have answered the question.

The most likely solution is an individual in which GL has not yet named, or the EU has not yet created. To our knowledge, we do not know of a Sith, outside of Palpatine himself, that has conquered the galaxy. Revan was close, but he doesn't count. You said this yourself.

How is it that whenever someone creates a thread in the versus forum with a matchup that is obvious, they get flamed for it. But when someone creates a thread and spouts out an answer that is clearly incorrect, they are lauded for their efforts? I find that rather amazing.

Well because dickweed, I was merely asking a question not saying that "Palpatine MUST be talking about Revan" or any bullshit like that. Next, Revan IS the closest we know of and I'm talking SOLELY in the SW universe, not in the real universe where Lucas hasn't made up anyone yet. Obviously Sidious knows that the Sith once ruled the galaxy and he must know who. I was wondering if someone knew that it was Darth X or Darth Y, etc. but no one does so the closest thing we have to that is Darth Revan now isn't it?

Darth_Janus
Here comes a spiel involving logical fallacy. Everyone grab your knees.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Where is this incorrect answer you're refering to?

Perhaps incorrect is a bit too harsh of a term, as he did recant his idea as not fully accurate. But there is no reason to mention Revan's name if he did not accomplish the task he alluded to (taking over the galaxy).

As it's been said before, it is far more likely that the individual Sids is referring to has not been named, or is an individual that has been named in passing, but has never been elaborated.

The SW universe is far from closed, there are many more EU characters and events we have no knowledge of and in which GL and those with a hand in the enterprise have not revealed.

Illustrious
Well because dickweed, I was merely asking a question not saying that "Palpatine MUST be talking about Revan" or any bullshit like that. Next, Revan IS the closest we know of and I'm talking SOLELY in the SW universe, not in the real universe where Lucas hasn't made up anyone yet. Obviously Sidious knows that the Sith once ruled the galaxy and he must know who. I was wondering if someone knew that it was Darth X or Darth Y, etc. but no one does so the closest thing we have to that is Darth Revan now isn't it?

It's the closest thing WE have, it's not the closest thing HE has, now is it? I don't understand your obsession to have every single answer, there is no need for an omniscient SW guru other than Mr. Lucas.

Edit:

Funny how you were viewing the thread, saw yourself proved wrong, and then left; I'm sorry, but you could at least 'fess up. I thought you were a "master debater", after all.

Emperor Revan
I don't care who Lucas was referring to since he didn't name who. I was asking WHO, not "an unnamed somebody" and Revan is still the closest thing we have and guess what, he could still do it too since we don't know when he dies or anything about it.

Illustrious
I don't care who Lucas was referring to since he didn't name who. I was asking WHO, not "an unnamed somebody" and Revan is still the closest thing we have and guess what, he could still do it too since we don't know when he dies or anything about it.

I won't disagree. I've never once said that Revan didn't come close, or he was a figure that would be very interesting to look at in the future. However, I did state that mentioning his name at this point in time is pointless, because practically everyone knows of what he has done, and he did not quite accomplish what you are alluding to. For all we know, Sids could be referring to some entity immediately after the split, or even during the infancy of the Old Republic.

Emperor Revan
Of course for all we know. We have no idea. I'm saying at this point, Revan would be the most logical lead.

Illustrious
Of course for all we know. We have no idea. I'm saying at this point, Revan would be the most logical lead.

I have no issue with the fact you believe he was close. I believe he was close. Revan did practically have the Galaxy at his knees, but he didn't rule over it by KotOR II, and you know that as well.

My qualm is that by making a thread, and then MENTIONING Revan, even when a moderator said "he didn't conquer it", it just seems to be a gratuitous case of peddling for your favorite character.

Like I stated, if someone makes a thread in the versus forum with a matchup of characters where he heavily favors one, he is likely to be flamed for making a poor matchup. Where's the consistency?

Emperor Revan
Again, I'm not trying to praise Revan, the only reason I included him is because he had the galaxy at it's knees and reportedly left a year later. Now it's extremely unlikely but possible that he ruled the galaxy for a very brief amount of time in this year especially since he had by far the strongest army.

As for what Ushgarak said, he also ended that with a question mark asking me if he did or not.

I'm not heavily favoring Revan in this aspect, the whole point of this thread was originally to see if anyone knew if there was some Sith that ruled the galaxy and Revan was the closest I knew of and possibly had so I threw in his name to see if anyone had undoubtedly done it or not.

Illustrious
Thanks for the clarification. I can respect an individual that wishes to provoke ideas; I felt that you may have made a thinly veiled attempt to promote Revan.

Is it possible that Revan did briefly rule the galaxy, especially since we don't know the rest of his story? yes. But as of right now, no one, except perhaps those with insider positions, knows of that. And even so, is it absolutely him that Palps is referring to? Not necessarily.

The one conclusion we can draw is that the Sith has one ruled the galaxy, if only for a brief interlude between regions. We are unsure of the rest of the facts, so the question is more, no one on here would know the answer for certain.

Emperor Revan
Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.