Judgement day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darktim1
Okay on day of judgement how do you think you will be judged ?

XxoooxX
I don't belive I will be judged. When I die I am going to do what ever I want. If god doesen't let me he will be taking away my free will.

debbiejo
That is a curious point! I'm impressed.

sonnet
Originally posted by darktim1

I believe for what we did with our lives, opportunities and also for what we did not do.

debbiejo
Yeah, I think we will be remorseful for what we didn't do.

PrinceofBlades
"Judge and you shall be judged."

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by XxoooxX
I don't belive I will be judged. When I die I am going to do what ever I want. If god doesen't let me he will be taking away my free will.

He wouldn't take it away, but you would determine your fate.

XxoooxX
No that is not true if I were to determin my fate it woulden't be to go to hell heven. I wan't to do what I think sutes me best not what god wants me to do

sonnet
No that is not true if I were to determin my fate it woulden't be to go to hell heven. I wan't to do what I think sutes me best not what god wants me to do

Sorry to give you the sad news...........

XxoooxX
it isin't sad news for me I don't belive in god.

PrinceofBlades
YOu like so many others. It seems that today people believe that by removing the obstacle, they will apparently make life easier...sad really.

debbiejo
Originally posted by sonnet
Sorry to give you the sad news...........

Keep in mind, that's only one view. We are all part of God..It took His parts to create us, Now why would he send parts of Himself to hell?

sonnet
Originally posted by debbiejo
Keep in mind, that's only one view. We are all part of God..It took His parts to create us, Now why would he send parts of Himself to hell?

We are not physically part of God, we become part of him when we accept Jesus and our spirits are reborn. We are thus connected to Him by our spirit. If your spirit is not reborn, you are not yet pert of Him or his Kingdom and can therefor and up in Hell. God created man from the dust of the earth. Only Eve was physically created from part of Adam.

Echuu

Huh? He SPOKE us into existence. Even if parts of himself were created with us those would have been removed when sin entered the world. Jesus Christ changed all that so that we can accept him into our hearts so then he truely is in us.
If we all really had God in us there would be no need for a savior because God cannot deny himself. And if Christ is in our hearts when God judges us he cannot deny us.

On a side not for those who are politically correct; all of what I have said is assuming that God even exists. Don't want to offend anyone. smile

mr.smiley
We are not physically part of God, we become part of him when we accept Jesus and our spirits are reborn. We are thus connected to Him by our spirit. If your spirit is not reborn, you are not yet pert of Him or his Kingdom and can therefor and up in Hell. God created man from the dust of the earth. Only Eve was physically created from part of Adam.

This is interesting.According to the Christian Creed and the Bible we will all physicaly ressurect.However,today most christians claim it is a spirtual rebirth,but yet still claim Jesus had a physical ressureciton.

Now that I think of it I think the Creed says something else.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Echuu
Huh? He SPOKE us into existence. Even if parts of himself were created with us those would have been removed when sin entered the world. Jesus Christ changed all that so that we can accept him into our hearts so then he truely is in us.
If we all really had God in us there would be no need for a savior because God cannot deny himself. And if Christ is in our hearts when God judges us he cannot deny us.

On a side not for those who are politically correct; all of what I have said is assuming that God even exists. Don't want to offend anyone. smile

What do you think the "Spoken Word" was made out of that brought everything into existence?

Where does it say that our spirit was taken away...Which is impossible..for we would not exist in the spirit at all. thus, we would all be dead right now.

Echuu
We have a spirit but it is seperated from God because of sin.

debbiejo
We have a spirit but it is seperated from God because of sin.

If you knew your physics you'd know that words along with thoughts are made up of energy. Thus we are made up of it. Everything is, and where did it come form?? It's Ultimate power source. Truly God would not dispose of Himself. And yes, sin can separate you from it, but only from knowing who and what you are...That's it.

Echuu
I'm not argueing whether it took God energy to make us; I am just saying that the sin has seperated us from him even if parts of him were 'created' with us.

debbiejo
I'm not argueing whether it took God energy to make us; I am just saying that the sin has seperated us from him even if parts of him were 'created' with us.

So God would throw is own energy into hell?

sonnet
Originally posted by mr.smiley
This is interesting.According to the Christian Creed and the Bible we will all physicaly ressurect.However,today most christians claim it is a spirtual rebirth,but yet still claim Jesus had a physical ressureciton.

Now that I think of it I think the Creed says something else.

Yes the Bible says that on that day which you are referring to we will receive a heavenly body and will stand before God. The dead will be resurrected to stand before God as well. Spiritual rebirth is when you accept Jesus and your spirit is reborn. Two different occasions.

debbiejo
But you already have Gods spirit because that is who we are created from and are apart of....Without that we would all be dead...There is no place where god is not...So it stands that he is even in us.

sonnet
What do you think the "Spoken Word" was made out of that brought everything into existence?

Where does it say that our spirit was taken away...Which is impossible..for we would not exist in the spirit at all. thus, we would all be dead right now.
When God told Adam and Eve what the penalty was for eating the forbidden fruit he spoke of a spiritual death because we all know that they did not die instantly after they sinned.God's spirit left them and their own spirit remained. We are all born with our own spirit and when we accept Jesus our spirit is reborn and we receive God's spirit. It is man's own spirit that is coruptable. The Bible talks about people from whom the spirit of God has gone. So that means that we do not always have the spirit of God if it can leave us and we must have our own spirit because you cannot live without a spirit.

debbiejo
It doesn't say that after they ate they died spiritually as far as I can remember.

Depending on which path or master your following, yes, the spirit of god can be gone, but not THE SPIRIT of life.

We are not all born with our own spirit, where does it say that? It says God breathed life into Adam and he became a living being.

mr.smiley
Yes the Bible says that on that day which you are referring to we will receive a heavenly body and will stand before God. The dead will be resurrected to stand before God as well. Spiritual rebirth is when you accept Jesus and your spirit is reborn. Two different occasions.

It seems rather disgusting to me.

ZoSo
My god. Religion turns people into psycopaths.

finti
that just dawned on you now?

debbiejo
The church is full of them. Hallelujah

sonnet
It doesn't say that after they ate they died spiritually as far as I can remember.

Depending on which path or master your following, yes, the spirit of god can be gone, but not THE SPIRIT of life.

We are not all born with our own spirit, where does it say that? It says God breathed life into Adam and he became a living being.

Yes God breathed life into Adam and then he sinned and God sent him away from his presence.
In John 3 Jesus spoke to Nicodemus a Pharisee, and told him that we need to be reborn of water (baptism) and Spirit (the spirit of God) before we can enter the Kingdom of God. He further explains that this is by accepting the son of God as Saviour. So obviously Jesus shows here that we need to receive God's Spirit and it is not something we are born with. To be alive though you must thus have a spirit which needs to be "reborn " as Jesus explained.

debbiejo
Yes God breathed a spirit of life if you want to believe this is not an allegory, Gods spirit now became mans spirit. If god were to take his spirit away from man...man would no longer be alive. The Nicodemus story about water, never says that the water means baptism. Scripture already says that "The Kingdom of God is within you." So don't go looking anywhere else for it. You chose it and live it now...

Church doctrine has changed what was possibly originally meant.

Paul's Mistake

"Paul mistook the Jewish "Messiah" to mean the Hellenistic "Christ". This happened before anything was written down; it happened during Paul's conversations with people as he was working through what had happened. A messiah is a person who is a great leader who leads your people to freedom. The title was taken by Jews from Persian culture. A christ is a god-king who dies as an offering to some divine being as a sacrifice in return for prosperity, especially agricultural prosperity. Both are anointed with oil as a mystical, sexual rite."
Jesus didn't exist (Quoted in 1999, site is now down)

Christianity
The christ theme was inserted into the story of Yeshua by Paul and his subsequent followers. This was the christ theme taken from the Hellenistic Greek traditions and Mithraism had a large influence, through Paul, on the myths that Christianity assimilated.

"Christianity is a "Paulist Doctrine;" far removed from the teachings of Rabbi Yeshua (Jesus). This is where "Judaic Christianity" became "Hellenistic Christianity," and where the two religions finally, completely split."
www.dimensional.com/~randl/tarsus.htm (Quoted in 1999)

Attis

"He was the son of the goddess Nana's earthly incarnation. She was a virgin. "He grew up to become a sacrificial victim and savior, slain to bring salvation to mankind. His body was eaten by his worshippers in the form of bread. He was resurrected to become the most high god, who holds the universe together. Like his priests, he was castrated, then crucified on a pine tree, whence his holy blood poured down to redeem the earth"
Untracable source

Osiris
Osiris started out as an Egyptian God of Vegetation, Resurrection and the endless seasons. (Married to Isis). Osiris evolved to become a dominant God in the Egyptian religion.

Osiris presides over the tribunal of the dead, who must appeal to him with gifts and tokens of goodness gained whilst they were alive, because he can give them new life. The Cult of Osiris and Isis, found in Rome, were directed towards Salvation and making sure that they would please Osiris when they die.

Osiris was tricked and killed (but returned to life), and for a period of time his enemies ruled in his place. (Similar to Revelations20)

Asklepios: 5th century BC
The majority of the miracles performed by Jesus appear to have their root in Asklepios' miracles, healings etc. A blind healed by Asklepios see at first only trees, like the one healed by Jesus. Asklepios heals poor and rich, men and women, slaves and free, like Jesus. He raises the dead, the details being the same as in the Jesus stories.
Herakles: 5th century BC
Like Jesus he was born of a virgin (God Zeus as a Father), like Jesus he walked on the waters, like Jesus he left mother and father to live a life of pains, was viewed as a savior, dies with the words "father, it is done" and rises to heaven, and there are many more parallels.
Dionysios: 8th century BC
Like Jesus he is the son of a god (Zeus) and a mortal woman, like Jesus he was a healer, like Jesus he turned water into wine (the marriage at Kana) and was a mortal and resurrected god.
"My El, why have you forsaken me?"
Spoken by a pagan Messiah, "El" is a pagan God and this is the word used in older Biblical texts.

christ theme
The pagan kings were often assumed to rule by divine right, and the ritual sacrifice of them often involved a judas. The judas would take the place of the true king for the sacrifice, the point of which was to renew the Earth and to bring salvation to mankind. Mythically the sacrificed people were rose again from the dead at

Jury
Originally posted by darktim1
According to the Bible, the faithful people of God and those who lived in Christ will receive eternal life. They will live with God in His heveanly abode.

Those who lived in the way, which is against God's will, will be condemned to the second death.

finti
answer the question with your own words

XxoooxX
This hole religion thing is just a big mixup. If there was a god than he whould not make it so hard and confusing for everyone to find the true religon on earth. Otherwise he has just made a big mistake. If I was the one and only god than I would have made a far better plan. the cristian's plan that god thought up, is a plan that only someone imperfict could make.

and it also says in the bible that god is a Jealous god. Something jealous could never be perfict

sonnet
Yes God breathed a spirit of life if you want to believe this is not an allegory, Gods spirit now became mans spirit. If god were to take his spirit away from man...man would no longer be alive. The Nicodemus story about water, never says that the water means baptism.
"Paul mistook the Jewish "Messiah" to mean the Hellenistic "Christ". This happened before anything was written down; it happened during Paul's conversations with people as he was working through what had happened. A messiah is a person who is a great leader who leads your people to freedom. The title was taken by Jews from Persian culture. A christ is a god-king who dies as an offering to some divine being as a sacrifice in return for prosperity, especially agricultural prosperity. Both are anointed with oil as a mystical, sexual rite."
Jesus didn't exist (Quoted in 1999, site is now down)

Christianity
The christ theme was inserted into the story of Yeshua by Paul and his subsequent followers. This was the christ theme taken from the Hellenistic Greek traditions and Mithraism had a large influence, through Paul, on the myths that Christianity assimilated. www.dimensional.com/~randl/tarsus.htm (Quoted in 1999)

My dear, the world and that being non believers cannot understand Christianity or God or Jesus or the spiritual aspects of the true God of the Bible. You keep reading the opinions of people who do not want to believe and frankly they will never write anything supporting Christ Jesus or the Bible. The Holiness and divinity of God will always be questioned but will never be understood unless through the spirit. A man who rapes , murders, mutalates does not have the spirit of a holy God because when you have His spirit you shall show the fruits thereof which is love, compassion, faith, understanding, anger controll and so forth. But you want to believe what is comfortable to you and that will be your choice.

Storm
when you have His spirit you shall show the fruits thereof which is love, compassion, faith, understanding, anger controll and so forth.
I know a lot of atheists and agnostics who hold those qualities as well. It' s a matter of valuing other human beings.

Jury
Own words? Is it required by the question?

Storm
All his words show that he is under the impression that he will go to heaven. He can' t answer the question in his own words without displaying vanity, one of the seven deadly sins.

finti
right on the target storm

debbiejo
yes

That's what he's sayin all right.

debbiejo
My dear, the world and that being non believers cannot understand Christianity or God or Jesus or the spiritual aspects of the true God of the Bible. You keep reading the opinions of people who do not want to believe and frankly they will never write anything supporting Christ Jesus or the Bible. The Holiness and divinity of God will always be questioned but will never be understood unless through the spirit. A man who rapes , murders, mutalates does not have the spirit of a holy God because when you have His spirit you shall show the fruits thereof which is love, compassion, faith, understanding, anger controll and so forth. But you want to believe what is comfortable to you and that will be your choice.

And you are reading a book that has been stripped, edited, and forged..

And like I said before, I have been a long standing conservative christian that has read the bible and did many bible studies. I've changed my views.

I'm sure you're very nice Sonnet, but please ....Don't call me Dear.
smile

cking
A good example of this is when the first king of Israel was anointed. That was Saul. when Samuel anointed him the holy spirit came among him and he prophesied with other prophets. saul was doing great when obeying god as king until later in his years. He disobeyed several times and God finally rejected him as king. God told samuel to go to saul and tell him that God as rejected you as king. Saul thought he was doing OK but he didn't listen. So the spirit of the lord left him and God sent a evil spirit to torment him. God told samuel to go and find Jesse and pick out the new king. So he went and he found Jesse and he got all his sons and samuel looked and rejected them. God said, "don't look at how handsome Elba is. don't look at how tall he is. I have not chosen him. God does not see the same way people see. People look at the outside of a person, but the lord looks at the heart." God didn't choose any of them. Then samuel asked Jesse, "are these all the sons you have? Jesse answered, "I still have the youngest son. He is taking care of the sheep." Samuel said, "send for him. We will not sit down until he arrives." The lord said to samuel, "Go! appoint him. He is the chosen one." So samuel took the container of olive oil. The he poured oil on Jesse's youngest son to appoint him in front of his brothers. From that day on, the lord's spirit entered David with power. But the lord's spirit had God out of saul. And an evil spirit from the lord and troubled him. saul was no longer king and david took his place. David did serve saul but saul was still troubled and he tried to kill david on every attempt. saul was so desperate, he tried to find answers from mediums and fortune tellers. This is forbidden in the law it says this in Deuteronomy about this kind of sin. Since saul was so far from God and sinful, God decided that he will be killed in battle. Saul was shot by an arrow and he commanded his sword holder to "put out your sword and kill me. Then those uncircumcised men won't make fun of me and kill me." but the officer was afraid. so saul took his own sword and threw himself on it. The officer saw that saul was dead and he also threw himself on his sword. suicide in battle like this was very common back in those days especially back in the roman times. usually a soldier holds the sword and the seceder runs and he gets stab all the way through his body. This was how Cassius and brutes died after going to war against mark Anthony.

XxoooxX
This hole religion thing is just a big mixup. If there was a god than he whould not make it so hard and confusing for everyone to find the true religon on earth. Otherwise he has just made a big mistake. If I was the one and only god than I would have made a far better plan. the cristian's plan that god thought up, is a plan that only someone imperfict could make.

and it also says in the bible that god is a Jealous god. Something jealous could never be perfict

cking
God doesn't make mistakes, humans do. When God said he is a jealous God, he says that only because no one wants to put God first in their lives and they worship idols they are made of different material, sex, and drugs. God will not let idols take his glory when it should be his and that is why idols are a hated sin. Several judgements in the bible were about idols. In the ten commandments it says this, " you must not make for yourselves any idols. Don't make something that looks like anything in the sky above or on the earth below or in the water below the land. This is because I, the lord your god, am a jealous God. A person may sin against me and hate me. I will punish his children, even his grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. But I will be very kind to the thousands who love me and obey my commands. Idols don't have to be like this, but they can be money, sex, and drugs. if people worship these as their god then they have already broken the commandment and the rest of them.

debbiejo
Originally posted by cking
God doesn't make mistakes, humans do. .

Yes, and so we shouldn't make god fit our ideas. You cannot learn of god from any book.

XxoooxX
we make mistakes because it is natural we cant help it we can try not to but when we do it is just somthing we need to learn form

XxoooxX
I will punish his children, even his grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. But I will be very kind to the thousands who love me and obey my commands. Idols don't have to be like this, but they can be money, sex, and drugs. if people worship these as their god then they have already broken the commandment and the rest of them.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This is the rudest thing god could ever do, punish his own creation, and punish our children for our mistakes. Stupid sounds like another way to keep everyone under controll and belive in the cristian religion, and if they fallow god you will get a good seet next to god, if you dont you are going to hell.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think finti wrote this:

''Join us or suffer hell''
''No join us, if you join them you'll surely go to hell''
''They are both stupid, we are the one true religion, convert dammint or god will smite you''
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XxoooxX
That is a good way to keep cristians cristians.

XxoooxX
sorry about spelling

cking
God can do anything he wants to please himself and he will never give glory to anyone else but himself. God is perfect in everything he does and that is why humans cannot measure up. God will not let sin go unpunished. The people who truly love God also fear him. Look at what he did to Job he turned him into a great man then in one day a poor man. The Israelites and the prophets feared him and so did Egypt when he destroyed that country with plagues. God is not cruel, humans are cruel. God is not liberal and he doesn't think like a human does. God will put fear in a nation, look at what he did to Nebuchadnezzar, he humbled him because he was so prideful and arrogant. For seven years he went from a king to an insane person who ate grass like a cow and he had birdlike fingernails and his hair was greased with mildew. After those years he surely changed his ways and so he honored God instead of himself.

XxoooxX
laughing

XxoooxX
God can do anything he wants to please himself and he will never give glory to anyone else but himself. God is perfect in everything he does and that is why humans cannot measure up. God will not let sin go unpunished. The people who truly love God also fear him. Look at what he did to Job he turned him into a great man then in one day a poor man. The Israelites and the prophets feared him and so did Egypt when he destroyed that country with plagues. God is not cruel, humans are cruel. God is not liberal and he doesn't think like a human does. God will put fear in a nation, look at what he did to Nebuchadnezzar, he humbled him because he was so prideful and arrogant. For seven years he went from a king to an insane person who ate grass like a cow and he had birdlike fingernails and his hair was greased with mildew. After those years he surely changed his ways and so he honored God instead of himself.

Somthing as perfict wouldint need to be pleased. He woud have everything he wanted. Otherwise he wouldin't be perfict. A flaw is when somthing is missing. Somthing imperfict has a flaw somewhere. If god wanted somthing than he would be flawed, somthing would be missing therefore god can't be perfict.

cking
If god is flawed then none of us would exist. God created humans so he would receive glory form them. He didn't create them because he was lonely he could easily not created us. God created a perfect human race but Adam flawed himself and so he rebelled like Satan did. It is never God's fault it is our fault. We did what was wrong and so we are punished justly for this.

XxoooxX
Ya god belives in punishing innocent people? There is a better way to teach us the right way, than to punish us for ever and ever and ever? God must be a little kid.

cking
God doesn't punish the innocent, I have a scripture that is useful, "will you really sweep away the righteous people in the city? will you really sweep it away instead of sparing the place for the sake of the 50 righteous people who are in it? You could not possibly do that! Won't the judge of all the earth do what is just?" The lord said, "If at Sodom I find 50 righteous people in the city, I will spare the whole place for their sake." Then Abraham answered, "Since I have ventured to speak to the lord even through I'm dust and ashes suppose the 50 people lack five?" He replied, "I will not destroy it if I find 45 there." Then he spoke to him again, "suppose 40 are found there?" He answered " I will not do it on account of 40." Then he said, "Let the lord not be angry, and I will speak further. Suppose 30 are found there." He answered I will not do it if 30 were there." Then he said, "since I have ventured to speak to the lord, suppose 20 are there?" he replied "I will not destroy it on account of 20." Then he said, "let the lord not be angry, and I will speak one more time. Suppose 10 are found there?" He answered I will not destroy it on account of 10 ." When the lord had finished speaking with Abraham, he departed, and Abraham returned to his place.

cking
oh, by the way we must become like little children or we will never enter Christ's kingdom when he comes back. For this says in the new testament.

mr.smiley

Exactly.You have proven my point and you probably don't even realize it.
People follow God more out of fear than love.Their is a serious problem with that.Peopl love God out of fear of his wrath.This is a terrible reason to love anything and sounds more like what Adolf Hitler or Sadam Hussein where opposing on their people.

Love me or else.

That sums up God in a Christians perspective.

cking
Not exactly but you are close but that isn't the point, We love him because he first loved us while we were lost and alone. We don't follow more out of fear than love.

cking
God is not a dictator, he gives a person a choice to love him or not. He encourages people, but never forces them.

debbiejo
I agree with mr smiley and xx000xx, A perfect being is already complete. It lacks nothing, it needs nothing from us otherwise it would be perfect..Also, the "do as I say" or I'll punish you thing is found in all the religions through out history. That's why sacrifices were made..to appease to god/s

sonnet
Ya god belives in punishing innocent people? There is a better way to teach us the right way, than to punish us for ever and ever and ever? God must be a little kid.

Since when are people innocent???? They lie, murder, destroy, hate, deceit, gossip, blaspheme, use foul language and the list just goes on and on. They break the ten commandments every day and then go on to try and ridicule His Son Jesus whom God sent to free us of sin and to top it all we doubt God's existence. I would not call man innocent. God even tells us about the punishment and how to avoid it, but we still think we can outwit God and then find the audacity to want to put the blame on Him! Humans are not innocent!!!!

sonnet
I agree with mr smiley and xx000xx, A perfect being is already complete. It lacks nothing, it needs nothing from us otherwise it would be perfect..Also, the "do as I say" or I'll punish you thing is found in all the religions through out history. That's why sacrifices were made..to appease to god/s

God did not create us and put us here to do as we please. He created us for HIS PURPOSE. The problem is that we now rebel against God because we do not like the rules and want to do as we please. I think WE are the children and we are throwing tantrums but it will not get us anywhere.

Storm

cking
There is not such thing as an innocent person. We have all sinned and gone our own ways. The only ones who are truly Innocent are the believers in Christ, but the nonbelievers are already guilty and are awaiting judgement.

cking
God didn't have to create us but by his plan he did so and here we are.

cking
I tell you the truth, if you ever lived during the time of job, Abraham, Noah,moses, and other spiritual giants, you will experience many things about god that you never heard of. These men saw the form of God in any kind of form and talked with him also.

titalice
I am thinking about it... I'm on both sides I think. Judgement Day will come when man kills the Earth himself with pollution or Heaven and Hell have a war on Earth, hiring crew member for their armies. If you do not choose one then you are slaughtered, God or not. The day of Judgement is when you die and then you become re-incarnated and your life starts all over again. That's what scientists are trying to prove: if Dasiavoo (or however you spell it) is from your past life.

XxoooxX
I tell you the truth, if you ever lived during the time of job, Abraham, Noah,moses, and other spiritual giants, you will experience many things about god that you never heard of. These men saw the form of God in any kind of form and talked with him also.

To me it's all a big story. God created us imperfict so we sin. he created jesus perfict. Why didin't he create us perfict?

and why did all those miricals happen when we wernt around? maby because it is all made up.

and another thing the bible says no man hath ever seen god.

sonnet
To me it's all a big story. God created us imperfict so we sin. he created jesus perfict. Why didin't he create us perfict?

and why did all those miricals happen when we wernt around? maby because it is all made up.

and another thing the bible says no man hath ever seen god.

Miracles still happen today. Maybe because you do not believe you are never at the right place to witness it. The Bible says to seek first the Kingdomof God and all things shall be added to your life.

Debbiejo there is the actual scripture from the Bible that says that the kingdom of God is not already inus because we have to seek it.You cant seek something that is already part of you.

finti
guess your god didnt bother give the infants during the flood nor the infants in Sodome and Gomorrah a chance to seek this kingdom

debbiejo
Debbiejo there is the actual scripture from the Bible that says that the kingdom of God is not already inus because we have to seek it.You cant seek something that is already part of you.

You can't seek something that is apart of you,....I think you can.. you can acknowledge it and grow it....and live it.

Just like a seed.

mr.smiley
Not exactly but you are close but that isn't the point, We love him because he first loved us while we were lost and alone. We don't follow more out of fear than love.

You seem to state something different on the Why do or don't you belive in God thread.

mr.smiley
Since when are people innocent???? They lie, murder, destroy, hate, deceit, gossip, blaspheme, use foul language and the list just goes on and on. They break the ten commandments every day and then go on to try and ridicule His Son Jesus whom God sent to free us of sin and to top it all we doubt God's existence. I would not call man innocent. God even tells us about the punishment and how to avoid it, but we still think we can outwit God and then find the audacity to want to put the blame on Him! Humans are not innocent!!!!

And an all powerful God would let his own children suffer rather than help?

mr.smiley
There is not such thing as an innocent person. We have all sinned and gone our own ways. The only ones who are truly Innocent are the believers in Christ, but the nonbelievers are already guilty and are awaiting judgement.

This is a terrible belife.We are all borin into sin.You make this sound even worse though by giving the:lets seperate us from them,by stating the only truly innocent are the belivers in Christ.This is almost the same arguement used against the Jews to put them in league with Satan.This is a horrible thing to say.

mr.smiley
Miracles still happen today. Maybe because you do not believe you are never at the right place to witness it. The Bible says to seek first the Kingdomof God and all things shall be added to your life.

Yes but Gnostic text teach something completly different.

XxoooxX
Very extraordinary things do happen today but just because we can't explain it doesen't mean it came frome god.

If god was so powerful than all of thoes afericans dieing every day Would have been saved long ago. O? god only helps people if we ask? so if someone innocent like a little kid is in truble god will only help him if he asks or if someone prays for god to help the little kid?

I got this true story off the internet Read and comment

If there are any of you ****** Christians/believers reading this, answer me this question: How can someone steal, and lie, and corrupt his bussiness but then go and live a happy life with all his money after he's done so much evil when there are people dying of pretty much everything in Africa? I'm white and I grew up in Africa so I've seen how religious the black cultures are, and I feel sorry for them cause we brought this stupid religion into there lives brining them false hope, and they go and work there asses off for what? To come home and find that there kid has died of TB or something. Also, in every book in the Bible except Jonah (I just found this online, I didn't read the whole Bible or something) they talk about wine. So these were probably just a bunch of drunks who got together and wrote random crap and called it a religion. Ok, a burning bush that doesn't exactly burns, oh, and it talks. Also, a talking snake, parting a sea. Sounds like someone was totally pissed when they wrote the Bible. One last thing before I leave. The Bible states that God knows our destiny, that he knows what we're gonna do before we do it, yet for every

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by finti
guess your god didnt bother give the infants during the flood nor the infants in Sodome and Gomorrah a chance to seek this kingdom

He did, but none of the people took that chance. I mean, he saved Lot didn't he?

debbiejo
Originally posted by PrinceofBlades
He did, but none of the people took that chance. I mean, he saved Lot didn't he?

And Lot had sex with his daughers.

XxoooxX
Very extraordinary things do happen today but just because we can't explain it doesen't mean it came frome god.

If god was so powerful than all of thoes afericans dieing every day Would have been saved long ago. O? god only helps people if we ask? so if someone innocent like a little kid is in truble god will only help him if he asks or if someone prays for god to help the little kid?

I got this true story off the internet Read and comment

If there are any of you ****** Christians/believers reading this, answer me this question: How can someone steal, and lie, and corrupt his bussiness but then go and live a happy life with all his money after he's done so much evil when there are people dying of pretty much everything in Africa? I'm white and I grew up in Africa so I've seen how religious the black cultures are, and I feel sorry for them cause we brought this stupid religion into there lives brining them false hope, and they go and work there asses off for what? To come home and find that there kid has died of TB or something. Also, in every book in the Bible except Jonah (I just found this online, I didn't read the whole Bible or something) they talk about wine. So these were probably just a bunch of drunks who got together and wrote random crap and called it a religion. Ok, a burning bush that doesn't exactly burns, oh, and it talks. Also, a talking snake, parting a sea. Sounds like someone was totally pissed when they wrote the Bible. One last thing before I leave. The Bible states that God knows our destiny, that he knows what we're gonna do before we do it, yet for every

Comments?

debbiejo

I'm not really sure God helps people when they ask, unless it works out with the path of learning and experiences you're on.

cking
God helps people they ask, it just amounts to how much heart you put into it, do you really want it enough and it will be given to you, but if you don't want it bad enough it won't. Jesus says keep knocking and the door will be open, keep searching and you will find.

debbiejo
God helps people they ask, it just amounts to how much heart you put into it, do you really want it enough and it will be given to you, but if you don't want it bad enough it won't. Jesus says keep knocking and the door will be open, keep searching and you will find.

The people in the Nazi camps prayed with their whole heart....and little children who get molested pray...

cking
that is true. If is god's plan for someone to die then his will be done.

PrinceofBlades
And Lot had sex with his daughers.

but he was drunk when it happened...

XxoooxX
that is true. If is god's plan for someone to die then his will be done.

What the F*uck? Gods plan?

Why the hell would he want a little kid to get molested or die? What could god do with the little kid? that is soooooo ignorant. Gods plan

and dont tell me god works in mysterious ways!!!
eek!

XxoooxX
Surly god must be drunk 99% of the time

God beerGod beer

finti
how are infants gonna be able to grab that chance?

sonnet

Children are innocent and blameless in God's eyes, so the infants are already with God.

finti
so thats suppose to justify god wiping them out

sonnet
You can't seek something that is apart of you,....I think you can.. you can acknowledge it and grow it....and live it.

Just like a seed.

The Bible also says you have to receive the Kingdom of God. It is not already part of you. You need to look for it, confess Jesus as Saviour and receive it. Without doing this you will never have it no matter how much you believe otherwise.

finti
might as well go look for the rainbows end then

sonnet
might as well go look for the rainbows end then
wavey Have a nice trip then!!!

finti
yeah always nice to search for fairy tales legend but I guess you as a christian knows all about that big grin

sonnet
yeah always nice to search for fairy tales legend but I guess you as a christian knows all about that big grin

Only difference is that there are no historical or archaeological proof for fairy tales but definitly for the Bible and the people in it. stick out tongue

finti
and most of those so called archaeological claimed finds is highly disputed. But there is no such finds for some of the most prominent characters of the bible

sonnet
and most of those so called archaeological claimed finds is highly disputed. But there is no such finds for some of the most prominent characters of the bible

This must be according to you.

finti
no it aint, if you bother to check it out you will find that many of these so called biblical claimed archaeological finds has just as many who dismiss the biblical aspect of these finds

sonnet
no it aint, if you bother to check it out you will find that many of these so called biblical claimed archaeological finds has just as many who dismiss the biblical aspect of these finds

I'll have to give you some of the information I have. Also including some finds that show how fraudulant the apeman theory is.

finti
who said I believed in the apeman theory, yet that theory can argue its case well with evidential backing............

sonnet
who said I believed in the ape man theory, yet that theory can argue its case well with evidential backing............

Well, as you are such a strong supporter of having evidence you Must then believe in the ape man theory as they apparent have so much evidence. Whether most of it is fake or not.

debbiejo
Well, as you are such a strong supporter of having evidence you Must then believe in the ape man theory as they apparent have so much evidence. Whether most of it is fake or not.

I'm not into apes either.....just can't imagine....

finti
and then there is this thing of proving it fake though, the evidence of the "apeman" theory has holes as long as it has holes it I dont buy it, but they are filling more and more of these holes though...........

debbiejo
Cheeze has holes....

finti
that just so they can fill it with air to raise the weight price of it

debbiejo
What's the topic again.....Oh yeah...Judgment.....I don't believe there's one... big grin

finti
well weight and judgment is kind of on topic, scale of justice and all stick out tongue

XxoooxX
I don't belive there will be one. smile

finti
too many people for just one

cking
The bible is never wrong and their will be a judgement and if anyone doesn't believe this is a fool. Jesus also said, blessed are the ones who obey the writings of this book.

cking
God said all men will be judgement, both good and evil. even Paul says this and all the disciples.

finti
again words of ignorance

cking
really, maybe your words are. I speak the words from god,you speak from yourself.

cking
alot of people are ignorant, because they don't believe and so they are fools. they don't know what is going to happen to them.

finti
the word of your god aint ones of ignorance so it cant be those words you speak

the only foolish part here is that post of yours

cking
no it is yours. you don't know who god is. you don't believe and so you don't understand what god can do for you.

cking
I know god through Jesus because Jesus said you can only come to through him. is the one who makes mankind and god friends again. before that they were enemies.

finti
I think I knowe more about that god of yours than you do, infact your posts is my best argument for comming to that conclusion

Storm
What do you not understand about the edit button?

debbiejo
I know god through Jesus because Jesus said you can only come to through him. is the one who makes mankind and god friends again. before that they were enemies.

See what the church has done to you????? Look at what you've become.....It's the world of the body snatchers.. big grin

finti
if it aint in the bible he never gonna learn it

debbiejo
if it aint in the bible he never gonna learn it

laughing

cking
true belief is seeing things that aren't there. people want physical things to believe that isn't belief at all. The bible is about the things mortals can't see and that is true belief. Jesus said this to Thomas after the resurrection.

cking
this is true.

Storm
In religion and politics people' s beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.

Mark Twain wink

debbiejo
this is true.

I believe that you believe it's true....It's OK...we'll all be in heaven together.

cking
Jesus said you can only know god through him. Yes, people do learn and read from the bible, but deep down inside they still have questions marks about God. they don't have the holy spirit with them to help them understand things that unbelievers don't understand.

cking
true!

cking
the spirit leads all men to truth.

cking
this words I say are from the bible not myself. I can't come up with these things, only god can do that.

WindDancer
cking gather your thoughts and put them in a single post. You're disrupting the thread with these pointless posts. This is the second time I tell you this and I won't warned you again.

If you need to edit your posts use the Edit button located in the bottom right of your post.

WD

debbiejo
this words I say are from the bible not myself. I can't come up with these things, only god can do that.

Well speak with your own words...Do you really think a creator would doom billions of people to hell???? For EVER!!!!

Really now...THINK ABOUT THAT....Would a clear headed god do that???

cking
yes, God has to destroy sin, he will not let a unrepentant sinner into heaven. he he did that would defile his character. plus god didn't send them to hell they themselves did. Jesus said to fear god, because he can destroy you spiritually if you reject him like Satan did.

cking
I read from the bible. I don't speak my own words, if I did they would never make sense. But god's word makes sense.

debbiejo
I read from the bible. I don't speak my own words, if I did they would never make sense. But god's word makes sense.

You're a Pentecostal aren't you?

cking
no baptist

debbiejo
no baptist

Southern Baptist....same thing....

You do realize that hell was taken from the Babylonians don't you...Jesus never taught hell....and the word Sheol, hell, pit...all mean grave.

finti
now that came as a total surprise roll eyes (sarcastic)

cking
still a unrepentant sinner will go to the place of hades away from God and Jesus will never lie about that. if so then our whole religion is nothing and we are nothing. but it isn't it is from god.

cking
Sheol does still mean pit and also hades.

debbiejo
still a unrepentant sinner will go to the place of hades away from God and Jesus will never lie about that. if so then our whole religion is nothing and we are nothing. but it isn't it is from god.

Again Hades means grave...look it up in your concordance.

cking
read the book of Enoch you will understand what I'm meaning.

cking
it is one of the lost books of the bible.

debbiejo
it is one of the lost books of the bible.

There are over 100 different books that weren't included....Most had Jesus as a person, not a Messiah...In fact he wasn't a Messiah until around 300 AD when it was determinated at a council..Nicea, or trent, i think

cking
this gives a very good detail of what hell looks like from Enoch. back in the early church days they left out and the book of jubilee for some reason.

cking
maybe they were scared of what hell looked like and so they left it out.

cking
Enoch said he was in the spirit when he saw these things.

debbiejo
maybe they were scared of what hell looked like and so they left it out.

There's not a hell...in the OT it was always called the grave...in the NT, Gehenna was a local location there....Even today the Jews don't believe in a hell, and they know the OT better than anyone.

cking
what about the rich man and Lazarus. explain that. they don't have to back then if they did what was right at first they would never think of hell again. the new testament is a fulfilment of the old and it gives alot more detail of what things are like than the old.

debbiejo
what about the rich man and Lazarus. explain that. they don't have to back then if they did what was right at first they would never think of hell again. the new testament is a fulfilment of the old and it gives alot more detail of what things are like than the old.

The rich man and lazarus was a story illustration...Do you really think hell is like that????

cking
the gospels I think said that Satan was in a pit like in a cone of a volcano and it was underground. I don't know for sure, I just saw it off the passion of the Christ. the bible cannont be changed because it is the breath of god and if anyone changes it they will be in deep trouble.

cking
Jesus was giving a good demonstration of what it really looked like. but that if only just a little of what it would look like. Jesus wouldn't lie about this.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>