Booster Gold vs. Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Discuss.

LordFear
Not bad but my boy IM is just too versatile and cunning

Mider
What kind of powers does Booster Gold have???????????????????????? Or what can He do???????

KharmaDog
Booster Gold has to have the stupidest name for a super hero. IM has the power, the intelligence, the cunning and the experience to to kick Booster's ass.

black robb
i would like to say Iron Man wins but i dont know much about Booster Gold beyond that Justice League episode so i'll just leave it alone

Khellendros
I think IM eventually takes it, but it's not a walk in the park like some people might be thinking. As far as I know, that suit of Booster's can unload with some pretty heavy weapons fire when necessary.

nigel45
Booster Gold has weapons? blink

I thought he was more of an enhanced human from the future.

manjaro
Booster gold takes this but not so easy. unlike IM he can leave up his forcefield 24/7 if he feels like it and besides, this is a guy who took a full punch from doomsday that sent him literally flying a few miles away and his forcefeild shunted most of the blow, he even had enuff time to say something like "gee good thing i put up my forcefeild really quick." and even after DD walked thru the entire JL, comparative to the others his injuries were minimal ......even tho he was badly bashed up.

IM armors have so many bells and whistles he can never truly operate at an optimum level cuz his armor requires so much energy to function, that he has to wrap things up quickly b4 the batteries run out. plus the longer he stays in his armor the more dangerous it is for him cuz there is so many different radiant energies coursing thru the suit that they could cuase cancer and shit, how freaking dumb is that? this is where booster has him cuz his suit runs on solar energy, and he can easily out last him, plus his blasts have a wider range of capabilities than just plain old repulsar rays

K3VIL
Originally posted by manjaro
Booster gold takes this but not so easy. unlike IM he can leave up his forcefield 24/7 if he feels like it and besides, this is a guy who took a full punch from doomsday that sent him literally flying a few miles away and his forcefeild shunted most of the blow, he even had enuff time to say something like "gee good thing i put up my forcefeild really quick." and even after DD walked thru the entire JL, comparative to the others his injuries were minimal ......even tho he was badly bashed up.

IM armors have so many bells and whistles he can never truly operate at an optimum level cuz his armor requires so much energy to function, that he has to wrap things up quickly b4 the batteries run out. plus the longer he stays in his armor the more dangerous it is for him cuz there is so many different radiant energies coursing thru the suit that they could cuase cancer and shit, how freaking dumb is that? this is where booster has him cuz his suit runs on solar energy, and he can easily out last him, plus his blasts have a wider range of capabilities than just plain old repulsar rays
What the hell are you talking of?You need to buy some issues of Iron Man, before arguing.
Iron Man's armor that gived him radiation poisoning and used his body cells to keep operating at functional level was dismantled hundred of issues of ago, Tony possess now a suit that even project a force field able to stop a bolt from Loki's replica of Mjolnir.
Booster Gold against Doomsday just showed to be a poor idiot without tactics and combat experience.
He blasted Doomsday at full force and Doomsday not even notice it.
He blasted him for some minutes in a combined assault with Superman, Bloodwind, Guy Gardner, Fire, without any effect, and this attack drained off all his energies.Iron Man's armor can emit sonic blasts, omni beam, repulsor rays, magnetic beams, EMP, plasma beams, and absorb various kinds of energies.
Booster Gold more recent armor was rebuild from the scientist friend of Superman with rests of the suit to contain Superman's energy form, and it was slightly over his old armor.
Now Iron Man faced tough opponents in a worth way, Booster Gold on the other hand, just get his ass kicked, he put his force field up before DD punched him?A Lucky Shot, just that.

CorderaMitchell
Did you see the Booster Gold episode, poor booster gold he gets the girls but iron man wins the fight.

Draco69
Some info on Booster Gold since he's not very well known:

Booster's costume/power suit is highly advanced technology, integrating offensive wrist blasters with an extremely powerful forcefield belt, multi-purpose goggles, and even a flight ring from the Legion of Superheroes of the 30th century. The original costume was destroyed after the JLA's first encounter with Doomsday, shortly before the death of Superman. Blue Beetle built Booster a second costume, which appeared more a mecha-type power suit akin to Steel's power armor, and was recently destroyed while Booster helped Superman re-integrate himself during his "Man of Energy" stint. The third costume, which is Booster's current costume/power suit, is an amalgamation of the first two costumes, created by Professor Emil Hamilton using the schematics of the original costume in conjunction with the energy-containing polymer fabric given to STAR Labs by the Contessa to create Superman's energy containment suit, the remains of the costume created for Booster by Blue Beetle, and the Kryptonian technology of one of Superman's robotic servants from the Fortress of Solitude. It is a costume that Booster wears with pride.

With the suit, Booster's strength is improved incredibly, allowing him to lift up to several hundred tons if he really pushes it. However, such a push would short out his power suit, leaving him with nothing. So he never tries to push his limits with his suit unless absolutely necessary.
Booster can attain speeds of up to 900 mph in atmospheric flight, and can attain faster than light (FTL) velocities in the vacuum of space. This is the result of having in his possession (and integrated into his costume) a Legion flight ring, taken by Booster along with other items when he originally travelled back in time from the 25th century to the late 20th century.

tBooster's force field is actually the creation of Brainiac 5. This force field is believed to be the most powerful currently in existence. It can almost withstand the full intensity of Superman's heat vision, although after a few moments the shield would collapse, due to the intense strain. Otherwise, it can deflect attacks of up to (and including) a 20 megaton nuclear detonation at ground zero. It does not protect him against mental assaults without physical components, however (such as mind control, telepathy, etc.).

Booster wears an set of amber-colored goggles as part of his power suit. These goggles allow Booster the ability to see throughout the entire electromagnetic spectrum, as well as microscopic and telescopic visual capabilities. The telescopic and microscopic capabilities are limited to a maximum magnification factor of one thousand (meaning he can see things two hundred fifty times smaller or larger than a normal human without any aid). In addition, the goggles also allow Booster to 'watch TV', as it were, since the transceiver located in his wrist bands can pick up on television broadcasts and show the images in Booster's goggles.

The power rods, also located in the wrist bands, are the source of Booster's offensive and defensive capabilities with his power suit. Basically, they're the 'batteries' that allow him to keep running while wearing his costume. Energy is collected and stored in the power rods through a variety of methods, but mostly through storing ambient solar energy, much like Superman does through his cellular structure to fuel his powers

Skeets was originally a security robot for the Metropolis Space Museum in the twenty-fifth century. Booster deactivated him and brought him to the 20th century when he broke into the museum and made his time-travelling trip back in time. Skeets usually acts as an advisor for Booster on virtually everything, from tactics to social protocols to the stock market. Skeets is a virtual information warehouse, and one of the first things he realized was that Booster's trip back in time was supposed to happen, since Booster Gold's exploits in the 20th century were documented in the twenty-fifth century. Thus, Skeets serves to make sure Booster doesn't inadvertantly alter history as he makes it.

Also connected to the wrist bands are the wrist blasters, one on each wrist. The power output depends on how much power Booster will expend. The power range goes from a mild stun, up to the ability to level a small building (or put good-sized holes in large buildings).

Swanky-Tuna
Ironman has a constant forcefield that reinforces the structure of the armor plus an additional shield for... sheilding... does he not?

Anyway, I'm not sure. It sounds like Booster's beams would get absorbed.

Draco69
I think their solar-energy beams.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Draco69
I think their solar-energy beams.
What a coincidence. I don't know what what Ironman's absorption limits are nor whether or not he still has that feature.

Wait, that's not a coincidence. Haw.

LordFear
As formidable as a suit that Booster has, most of his offensive weaponry would get absorbed through IM's energy absorption grid and store it for later use because this fight seems like it's gonna last.
IM also has a variety of abilities which help him distract his enemies while mounting up a serious counter offensive.
Force of character also plays a role and I see Booster not as creative and ingenous on and off the battlefield as Tony.

K3VIL
BG is not smart, he's just a look at my costume it's cool guy.
IM is a genious, has great battle experience, and his force field is better than that of BG

manjaro
Originally posted by K3VIL
What the hell are you talking of?You need to buy some issues of Iron Man, before arguing.
Iron Man's armor that gived him radiation poisoning and used his body cells to keep operating at functional level was dismantled hundred of issues of ago, Tony possess now a suit that even project a force field able to stop a bolt from Loki's replica of Mjolnir.
Booster Gold against Doomsday just showed to be a poor idiot without tactics and combat experience.
He blasted Doomsday at full force and Doomsday not even notice it.
He blasted him for some minutes in a combined assault with Superman, Bloodwind, Guy Gardner, Fire, without any effect, and this attack drained off all his energies.Iron Man's armor can emit sonic blasts, omni beam, repulsor rays, magnetic beams, EMP, plasma beams, and absorb various kinds of energies.
Booster Gold more recent armor was rebuild from the scientist friend of Superman with rests of the suit to contain Superman's energy form, and it was slightly over his old armor.
Now Iron Man faced tough opponents in a worth way, Booster Gold on the other hand, just get his ass kicked, he put his force field up before DD punched him?A Lucky Shot, just that.

whoa relax dude this isnt a booster vs doomsday thread. i was just pointing out that his simple armor was able to stand up to DDs punch

manjaro
even if IM can absorb his energy attacks im sure he could bash him with his fists until his armor gives way. and no matter what IM armor still cant maintain a shield 24/7 without draining his efficiency

Swanky-Tuna
even if IM can absorb his energy attacks im sure he could bash him with his fists until his armor gives way. and no matter what IM armor still cant maintain a shield 24/7 without draining his efficiency
If he's still using the beta particle collectors, which seemed to provide power from background radiation or something, then he can.

Cosmic Cube
Taking a punch from Doomsday isn't all that impressive, especially when you're considering the fact that Iron Man repels attacks from Fing Fang Foom, and Hulk. If Iron Man didn't want Doomsday anywhere near him, he wouldn't even be able to approach him. Repulsor fields repel everything. The force field in his armor makes it virtually impenetrable, not to mention the fact that the armor itself uses a lightweight vibranium alloy, (akin to Captain America's shield,) that repels force. As long as Iron Man's force field is supplied with energy, his armor is pretty much indestructible.

Mider
yeah but he cant be in that armer forever it will kill him wont it? who is bloodwind never heard of him!

AJ4LIFE
ive said who bloodwynd is on loki vs doomsday forum
iron take this no problem

olympian
"Booster Gold against Doomsday just showed to be a poor idiot without tactics and combat experience.
He blasted Doomsday at full force and Doomsday not even notice it."

Oly- Blasting someone its something IM would do as well, has hardly anything to do with tactics.

- - -

"Taking a punch from Doomsday isn't all that impressive, especially when you're considering the fact that Iron Man repels attacks from Fing Fang Foom, and Hulk. If Iron Man didn't want Doomsday anywhere near him, he wouldn't even be able to approach him"

Oly- How many here would actually think IM wouldnt go physical? He always goes with Hulk even when he already knows what hes capable of, nevermind someone he doesnt know yet. People are selling BG way short.

BG force field has -never- been broken. Neither against Superman, or Doomsday, or any other. How many times has IM armour force fields?

Sixth_Winged
BG's forcefield has never been broken? I thought that doomsday overloaded it during DOS.

LordFear
I am a die hard IM fan but I am not talking as a fan here. IM's armor deosn't only have bells and whistles. Every function has a specific purpose. IM has gone against guys like Mr Hyde alone and came out victorious. His cunning and battle tactics are really what Tony relies on to save his ass. I mean just his prometheus armor alone can withstand BG's assaults. The guy is just too cunning when fighting him. You need a being that just has so much power that whatever Tony throws at him would not matter. Tony could take 9/10 of human villains,

AJ4LIFE
iron man is on a whole different level from booster

Mindship
"Booster's force field is actually the creation of Brainiac 5. This force field is believed to be the most powerful currently in existence. It can almost withstand the full intensity of Superman's heat vision, although after a few moments the shield would collapse, due to the intense strain. Otherwise, it can deflect attacks of up to (and including) a 20 megaton nuclear detonation at ground zero. It does not protect him against mental assaults without physical components, however (such as mind control, telepathy, etc.)."

Ah, it's been a while since I played with numbers...
One ton of TNT produces about 4.2 gigajoules of energy.
20-megatons produces 84,000 terajoules. This is roughly 10,000 times what the entire world currently uses. The enormity of that figure aside, it seems to me that if you're gonna have a force-field which can withstand this, the force-field has to be at least this strong.

If BG can generate this kinda power, IM's gonna have BIG problems, unless he himself can generate a comparable level of energy, and to do that, it means converting the equivalent of 2 pounds of matter completely into energy. He's gonna do this with batteries and solar collectors? GAB. I had posted in another thread a while back (I think it was, Who can withstand a nuclear blast?) that, for example, in order for Superman to withstand a nuclear blast, he would have to be absorbing sunlight for some 500,000 years to acquire the necessary level of blast-countering energy.

Yes, it's just comics, but whenever I see nuclear levels of energy being tossed around like so much salad (the speed of light is another one, but that's another story), I just gotta point out the realistic considerations of that kinda power.

Sixth_Winged
Does it almost protects him against sonics based attacks ?

olympian
"BG's forcefield has never been broken? I thought that doomsday overloaded it during DOS."

Oly- That was after everyone blasted at him. BG energy cells just ran out. He doesnt pack infinite energy.

Doomsday didnt overloaded, in fact BG took a clean shot in the face with his force field on, and while he was flying due to the momentum of the punch away, he wasent hurt at all.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by olympian
"BG's forcefield has never been broken? I thought that doomsday overloaded it during DOS."

Oly- That was after everyone blasted at him. BG energy cells just ran out. He doesnt pack infinite energy.

Doomsday didnt overloaded, in fact BG took a clean shot in the face with his force field on, and while he was flying due to the momentum of the punch away, he wasent hurt at all.

So the power cells couldn't sustain that much energy against a prolonged assault from doomsday?

olympian
The running out of energy happened, after:

the beginning of the story where he was already showed to be using his force field to save some regular folk.

blasting Doomsday solo, in the first *round" to protect BlueBettle (before he was punched).

after he was punched by Doomsday.

after Superman found him and they regroup the Jla.

after we dont know how long they all blasted him.

Juntai
Originally posted by olympian
The running out of energy happened, after:

the beginning of the story where he was already showed to be using his force field to save some regular folk.

blasting Doomsday solo, in the first *round" to protect BlueBettle (before he was punched).

after he was punched by Doomsday.

after Superman found him and they regroup the Jla.

after we dont know how long they all blasted him. Truth is, he just emptied whatever he had. Most people there did.
Notice that Guys ring ran out of energy, and Fire nearly fainted.

Sixth_Winged
How long they blasted him? Didn't Doomsday walked right through getting blast?

His initial use of powers in that arc saving folks isn't that much energy-consuming either.

olympian
"Truth is, he just emptied whatever he had. Most people there did.
Notice that Guys ring ran out of energy, and Fire nearly fainted."

Oly- Yup. Wich implies and answering to the post above, that they had to be doing it for some time. And no, Doomsday didnt just walk thro. That was after they all stopped and checked if he was down.

- - -

"His initial use of powers in that arc saving folks isn't that much energy-consuming either."

Oly- It isent no. But he had already used some. Futhermore, before he saved BB from being killed, he and Maxima also briefly went against him off panel. That makes two rounds.

Hes not taking the majority here, but BG gets underrated just because he was a standout character in the funny days of the league.

The guy has taken shots from Doomsday, Cosmic Destroyer, Superman as well as Desespero without going down.

Scoobless
Booster gold .......this is a guy who took a full punch from doomsday

yeah.... but Doomsday got stronger and stronger throughout the entire Superman fight, BG took a hit from Doomsday when DD was still at a level where Superman didn't even move when he hit him full force in the chest.

Juntai
Originally posted by Scoobless
yeah.... but Doomsday got stronger and stronger throughout the entire Superman fight, BG took a hit from Doomsday when DD was still at a level where Superman didn't even move when he hit him full force in the chest. I like how when he kicked Superman through the house and tree, Superman already knew he was looking at his equal. He was thinking "Unbelievable" and "I don't know if I've ever been hit that hard." instead of recovering or even thinking about it. lol. Truth is, Doomsday's just a beast. He put Superman down the count. That just speaks for itself.

Sixth_Winged
And that was after superman commented his punch would've hurt him seriously if not for the fact he stiffened his abdominal muscle. He gradually adapts to match superman strength afterwards however.

Scoobless
Meh.... i think if it had been Hulk fighting Doomsday from DD's very first appearance Hulk would have won without dying

evil face

LordFear
Originally posted by Mindship
"Booster's force field is actually the creation of Brainiac 5. This force field is believed to be the most powerful currently in existence. It can almost withstand the full intensity of Superman's heat vision, although after a few moments the shield would collapse, due to the intense strain. Otherwise, it can deflect attacks of up to (and including) a 20 megaton nuclear detonation at ground zero. It does not protect him against mental assaults without physical components, however (such as mind control, telepathy, etc.)."

Ah, it's been a while since I played with numbers...
One ton of TNT produces about 4.2 gigajoules of energy.
20-megatons produces 84,000 terajoules. This is roughly 10,000 times what the entire world currently uses. The enormity of that figure aside, it seems to me that if you're gonna have a force-field which can withstand this, the force-field has to be at least this strong.

If BG can generate this kinda power, IM's gonna have BIG problems, unless he himself can generate a comparable level of energy, and to do that, it means converting the equivalent of 2 pounds of matter completely into energy. He's gonna do this with batteries and solar collectors? GAB. I had posted in another thread a while back (I think it was, Who can withstand a nuclear blast?) that, for example, in order for Superman to withstand a nuclear blast, he would have to be absorbing sunlight for some 500,000 years to acquire the necessary level of blast-countering energy.

Yes, it's just comics, but whenever I see nuclear levels of energy being tossed around like so much salad (the speed of light is another one, but that's another story), I just gotta point out the realistic considerations of that kinda power.

My argument to counter that is that IM can generate immense power as well my friend. His power grids now allows him to suck up any source of energy while in combat and redirect this energy to any system (s) needed i.e life support, offensive weapons, defensive or strategic.
Furthermore IM has never tested the full potential of the armor because even his lab is not equipped with proper instrumentation. Tony's armor now is said to have surpassed even Doom's. Also one thing that people tend to forget is his battle savvy.

Mindship
Originally posted by LordFear
My argument to counter that is that IM can generate immense power as well my friend. His power grids now allows him to suck up any source of energy while in combat and redirect this energy to any system (s) needed i.e life support, offensive weapons, defensive or strategic.
Furthermore IM has never tested the full potential of the armor because even his lab is not equipped with proper instrumentation. Tony's armor now is said to have surpassed even Doom's. Also one thing that people tend to forget is his battle savvy.

Yes, I've always thought of Iron Man as being Marvel's version of Batman, tactician-wise.

I'm not debating whether or not IM can generate that kinda power. I just feel I should point out what that means, in terms of real numbers. IMO, people toss around ideas like "can withstand a nuclear bomb" or "fly at lightspeed" like it's no big deal. One can be extremely formidable--and far more realistic AND consistent--w/o going to either length. But hey, it's comics and "coolness" trumps realism 100/100 times.

LordFear
Originally posted by Mindship
Yes, I've always thought of Iron Man as being Marvel's version of Batman, tactician-wise.

I'm not debating whether or not IM can generate that kinda power. I just feel I should point out what that means, in terms of real numbers. IMO, people toss around ideas like "can withstand a nuclear bomb" or "fly at lightspeed" like it's no big deal. One can be extremely formidable--and far more realistic AND consistent--w/o going to either length. But hey, it's comics and "coolness" trumps realism 100/100 times.

I hear that bro!!!
I mean I have seen IM clearly being outmatched but the nifty little thing with that power grid stuff is that he serves as a battery and when its full, any excess power still emanating get's converted into pure heat or another form of matter. Problem is that in the past, IM'S armor would overload and circuits would fry. So when he upraged with a new armor with those two pipes coming out from his back(which I think up to now looked the freshest) he can allow his circuits to "breath" and his lifesupport system not crashing. This adds nothing to the argument but just thought it to be a cool sidenote

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.