OB-Wan, that greatest of the them all?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spekdah
In my opinion he is the greatest of them all, I think his devotion to the Jedi order and Republic is second to none.
He managed to take on Maul, Grevious, Anakin and Vader ( albeit he sacraficed himself) and still came back as a spiritual guide to help Luke.
He has fought in all the major wars ( Naboo, Clone wars ) and contributed towards helping Luke destroy the first Deathstar.
He has also got and incredible balance with the Force, very proactive yet still subtle in his ways.
Do you agree or have I overlooked someone else?

Morgoths_Wrath
yeah, he's pretty much the best Jedi ever

MistaMandalore
He also took on Darth Tyranus twice...although he got his ass handed to him..but yeah, he's most indubidibly the best Jedi character in my book.

Delta 62
Totally agree. Shining beacon of luminescent truth of the Jedi Order.

Robin Darkside
Obiwan is great, but he did lose to Dooku, twice.
Although, it was only because Anakin needed to take him on one on one, Lucas needed an excuse for Dooku and Anakin to go one on one, thats the only reason. otherwise Obiwan would have kicked Dooku;s ass

mysterio69
hmmm....not much of an argument here, is there?
the question is, what were obi-wan's lesser points?
hmmmm? hmmmm?

The Biker Scout

Robin Darkside
If it wasn;t for Anakin, Obiwan would have died long ago before ROTS.
Anakin saved his skin 10 or 9 times. So, would he be a good jedi if it wasn;t for Anakin? Theres an argumentive question

astrofan428
Yes Obi-Wan is the greatest Jedi of all time, but I still consider "Ben" to be an old lying bastard.

The Biker Scout
nah h, he's pretty much the best Jedi ever

Robin Darkside
Anakin had to save his ass

mysterio69
Originally posted by astrofan428
Yes Obi-Wan is the greatest Jedi of all time, but I still consider "Ben" to be an old lying bastard.

how come?

Robin Darkside
Its all based on a certain point of view, there's no lying

The Biker Scout
still though

Hes fricken Obi man come on

3 words
Darth Maul Fight

smokin fight

Robin Darkside
Obiwan's the best for many reasons

The Biker Scout
He lives by the motto although I walk in the valley of the Dark Times I feel no evil...cause I carry a big mofo lightsaber

come on punk!

Robin Darkside
what the hell you talking about?

xeous
I have a spider monkey.

The Biker Scout

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by The Biker Scout

ahh, you ever think anything that others didn't

Texansfan05
Obi-Wan is the best jedi ever smile

Vanquish
Obi wan is definitely everything a Jedi should aspire to be. Not only a superior war general, but also a very wise man (for a human) However, I think there is a little three foot tall 900 year old green guy that might disagree on who the "best Jedi Master ever" is smile

Tulak Hord
I think Lucas is the Best Jedi ever. He invented the Jedi order!

Queen-B
Ben was the best all around Jedi,but we all know Ani(Darth) was the most powerful.Somewhere they had a graph on who the most powerful jedi and siths were.

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by Queen-B
Ben was the best all around Jedi,but we all know Ani(Darth) was the most powerful.Somewhere they had a graph on who the most powerful jedi and siths were.

yeah on SS....

Jedi Styles
I totally agree. Based on the facts given at the beginning of this topic, this makes him one of the most important characters in the Star Wars universe.

mike_kenobi
obi-wan is the greatest of all time

Vanquish
Since when is Anakin the most powerful of all time? Being the Chosen one DOES NOT mean he is the strongest. It simply means that he is the one that brings balance to the force.

Obi wan didn't seem to care about the chosen one prophecy when he hacked off Anakins legs. And please don't tell me that you actually think Anakin could ever even last 1 minute against Yoda. Most powerful ever? PLEASE !!! He's a pu$$Y

Yoda is the strongest ever. Obi wan is probably the most influencial and important during the time of the 6 movies.

Ulic Qel Droma
Your all forgetting Qui-Gon Jinn. Trained Obi-Wan and without his teachings he wouldnt have been that great. He is the greatest but only because of Qui-Gons teachings

cad
i dont think he is the best jedi well he is good but not as good as master yoda.

ragesRemorse
if anakin is so powerfull, why was he the one left by a river of lava with no legs and no arms?

Robin Darkside
The Jedi can not be compared
neither can the sith

They all show a different level of particular qualites.

The star wars saga can explain

To say one is more powerful than another, is a misconception

Only sith deal with absolutes, not Jedi

Although, Obiwan is the best cause he F*cken ownes

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
The Jedi can not be compared
neither can the sith

Then why In every movie and book do they always single out ONE jedi as being the most powefull.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Then why In every movie and book do they always single out ONE jedi as being the most powefull.

In my opinion I think thats stupid, I dont like EU,
and if they said that in a book, than Lucas must have not read it throughly, cause, the term powerful, is limited to a certain definition. I dont know that stuff

ragesRemorse
granted i have only read a few star wars books. Dark force rising that one sith was the almighty. New jedi order...Luke was the almighty followed by anakin solo. in the movies they say yoda is the most powerfull, or atleast insinuate.

Robin Darkside
it does seem interesting that they would talk about grading how much power a certain person has.

sorry, honestly, i am tired of trying to explain to people how I feel about SW. If they dont feel the same way I do, then most likely they never will.

Robin Darkside
one sec

matreid
Obi wan is pretty good. But not the best ever. But, he definetly deserved to be recorded in the archives of the jedi knights after his death. To bad there were no jedi...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.