That boy was our last hope.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Delta 62
I was thinking..remember Obi's line in Episode V when Luke goes to challenge Vader? "That boy was our last hope." Yoda responds with "No, there is another." Did Obi think Leia would never be strong enough to fight Sidious and Vader?

There was no physical way Leia could be contacted by them should Luke have turned to the Dark Side, but surely Yoda could have spoken mentally to her. That or Obi could have appeared to her as he had to Luke on Hoth.

astrofan428
That is a good question, I dont think Leia could communicate with them. Though Yoda was still alive at the time.

Ben-Kenobi
Yoda more than likely would of left dagobah and go find her if luke turned or died.

DarkYoda
I must be one of the few that thinks Yoda might have been referring to Anakin... that Anakin might still fulfill the prophecy.

In ROTJ Yoda says there is "another Skywalker". Not just "another". When Luke asks Obi-Wan what Yoda meant, Obi-Wan responds that the other was Luke's twin sister Leia. Perhaps Yoda meant both. I don't know.

There are good arguments for both sides of this debate. wink

Delta 62
I hadn't thought of that..maybe over the years Yoda sensed that Vader wasn't completely evil.

JKozzy
Originally posted by DarkYoda
I must be one of the few that thinks Yoda might have been referring to Anakin... that Anakin might still fulfill the prophecy.

In ROTJ Yoda says there is "another Skywalker". Not just "another". When Luke asks Obi-Wan what Yoda meant, Obi-Wan responds that the other was Luke's twin sister Leia. Perhaps Yoda meant both. I don't know.

There are good arguments for both sides of this debate. wink Originally, might've meant Leia, but with all six movies now, it's open to interpret Anakin more readily.

mysterio69
Originally posted by DarkYoda

There are good arguments for both sides of this debate. wink

hey, nice to know i'm not alone. i've always said that. yoda was hoping that if worse comes to worse and luke couldn't do it, then vader would come to his senses and do what the prophecy said he would do all along.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.