What's a sith?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Biker Scout
seriously...

Mist
your mum

The Biker Scout
lol

BAILY
Sith is like a shit...... just rearrange the letters a little

darthmonkey9206
wow didnt realize that till now. eek!

here you go biker scout READ:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t345558.html

green dude
A Sith is what is called a evil maniac who trys to take over the world and is the opposite of a Jedi Siths use darkside and another word for sith(sadam and for Jedi Americans ect.

darth_haku
well halloza again I recon the sith are some kinda well sith lords.

green dude to awnser your question i'm on the darkside!!!! devil ninja alien evil face

Pogel
The Sith are in general more open-minded Jedi.
The dogmatic teachings of the Jedi don't cover the entire mystery of the force.
The Sith are not evil, since that is a point-of-view thingy.

One funny thing: Obi Wan says to Anakin "Only a Sith deals in absolutes" but only a little later says "Palpatine is evil". That's pretty non-absolute, huh....

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Pogel
One funny thing: Obi Wan says to Anakin "Only a Sith deals in absolutes" but only a little later says "Palpatine is evil". That's pretty non-absolute, huh....
But he didn't say "There's only good and evil and Palpatine isn't good"

DenKi
Good and Evil is a point of view . The sith and the jedi, are similar in almost everyway, including their quest for greater power

Geoff_Death
I read somewhere that originally Sith weren't even Jedi, some kind of creature that was very in tune with the dark side of the force, and the Jedi who rebelled and became evil simply adopted the name. Damned if I can remember where I read it though.

Pogel
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
But he didn't say "There's only good and evil and Palpatine isn't good"

Well yes, basically he did say that.
Also remember how often Lucas or Mark Hamil state what a wonderful "morality tale" it is and that it's the "epic struggle between good and evil".

OB1 also says "Then you're doomed" during the Duel when he says that he thinks the Jedi are evil (POV).
So what OB1 does is EXACTLY what Anakin does, "if you are not on the side which I think is good, you have to die".

Technically, from a moviemaking POV, I think Lucas wanted to cram in the GWB reference at any cost with the Anakin quote, ignoring that it backfires when OB1 says the same thing.

So in a way, the Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way.

The Biker Scout
very interesting

keYa
you don't understand the mistunderstood of the word sith , a sith is the people who lived in Korriban , the last jedi sith was naga sadow

keYa
but the jedi took the expression "sith" to qualificate all the Dark Side's masters ...

DenKi
The Sith and The Jedi are the Same, we, Us the viewers are just focused on the Jedi, So we all think the Jedi and good and Nice but the Sith are the same...

You just have to think about... Are Sith Bad or are the Jedi Bad?

We have been Following the Jedi in Episodes 1-6 but the Jedi could be the Evil ones...

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by The Biker Scout
seriously...

I think it is something you use to drain noodles with

Sesse
Sith is a belief.

Darth Mourgus
The Sith were some sort of Race, that were conquered by some guy. He became The DarkLord of The Sith. Thus, begining the Whoile sith thing

bill9d9
I think some people still read super shadow too much......... sick

Darth_Vader05
Threads these days...

Stunrun
Originally posted by The Biker Scout
seriously...

SEE THE MOVIEstick out tongue

((The_Anomaly))
well problem is that if you disclude all EU then we basically have no information on the Sith

best to think of them as the opposite of Jedi

Sesse
And that depends who you ask that from.

From a certain point of view Sith and Jedi are quite similar...

tpaquin
Sith is the sound that tupperware makes when you close it.
http://www.pholksinger.com/phrancparty.jpg
Ask Phrank: the Tupperware lady.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.