Silver Surfer vs Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Batman88
who takes this fight?

CorderaMitchell
Silver Surfer Has a tad too much power however MM would prevail in a one on one fight head to head fist to fist, and I am unsure on how the telepathy would factor in.

kgkg
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Silver Surfer Has a tad too much power however MM would prevail in a one on one fight head to head fist to fist, and I am unsure on how the telepathy would factor in.
Fist to fist?

One cosmic blast will kill MM (SS can destroy worlds with his blasts) if he wants

Telepathy? have you heard of someone called God-Like cable.

-SS can go beyond light speed
- Supernova is nothing to him
- Nukes is nothing to him
- Can create force fields had has saved entire cites from blasts.
- Can rearrange matter, at an atomic level
- Can time travel
- Can do just about anything.

MM is no match for SS.

CorderaMitchell
I was implying fist to fist combat as MM is superhuman, andSS is just normal, he could phase through and punch perhaps, I already know this fight favors ss..giljotiini

kgkg

brainchild81
SS >>>>>> MM. Big Time!

ZephroCarnelian
Silver Surfer is on another level to Martian Manhunter.

MM is on the 'just Under Cosmic' level, which is also inhabited by Thor, Superman etc.

Silver Surfer would vapourise Manhunter with one blast of the Power Cosmic.

leonidas
okay, i've finally found him. ss is the single MOST overrated hero on this forum!! which is unfortunate because i like him a lot. but i admit, all the things i hear about him on this forum causes my liking to waver a bit. is he powerful? YES!! is he powerful enough to wipe the floor with someone who is arguably more powerful than superman?! HELL NO!!!! thor can and has taken ss down. iron man can and HAS taken ss down. DRACULA can and HAS caused ss tons of grief!! not to mention completely f'd with ss mind! and if dracula can do it . . .

MM would make a GREAT fight of this, though i think ss would ultimately take this something like 6-7/10.

give characters their due, but don't go overboard.

<<SS >>>>>> MM. Big Time!>>

what?? no flippin' way . . .

Blair Wind
ummm power cosmic vs a martian......mmmmmmm let me ponder on that.....power cosmic vs martian.......mmmmmmmm.... wow if MM can take him down big G needs to give better power ups. i mean MM is powerful theres no doubt about it, but come on POWER COSMIC........

kgkg

ZephroCarnelian
Hear hear, my young padawan.

leonidas
<<ummm power cosmic vs a martian>.

so you're telling me ss wins because his power has a cooler name? his power is a sliver of galactus's power. why does that matter?

<<Mad Thor did beat SS, but that was the insane Thor.>>

mad thor has the same powers as regular thor - marvel just decided it was time to unleash him. and regular thor would also beat ss. he has easily absorbed ss's blasts into his hammer in the past.

<<Iron Man please SS can turn his armor into flowers.>.

ss's most overrated power. he rarely uses this ability to restructure matter to any great extent. when battling the kree or skrulls, why not turn their ships into jello? when battling mad thor, why didn't he just turn the air into, i don't know, a corrosive acid? that would have stopped even mad thor! and when he battled ironman in avengers annual 11, why DIDN'T he turn iron man's armor into flowers INSTEAD of being ko'd??

<<SS has battle and defeated God-like Cable with ease.>>

apparently he wasn't so 'god-like'. loki has contolled ss. dracula has completely f'd ss's mind. others have as well. oh, wait - bad writing, right?

<<SS blast destroys entire planets with ease>>

the hell they do! even galactus can't simply shoot a blast and 'destroy an entire planet with ease'!! a planet destroying blast would have been good to have when he fought odin alongside thanos and odin barely even NOTICED him!

i'll say it again - i love ss. but you really need to go back and look closely at some of those books. ss is powerful yes, would beat MM most of the time, yes, but you guys overcredit him. course, he's not alone in that regard . . .

kgkg

radioboy121
Originally posted by leonidas
<<ummm power cosmic vs a martian>.

so you're telling me ss wins because his power has a cooler name? his power is a sliver of galactus's power. why does that matter?

I'm not the strongest in knowledge of Silver Surfer, but this "sliver" has done incredible things with the power cosmic from small feats like creating antibodies for a disease ridden race to reanimating a planet (as he did when he tried to permanently exhaust his powers and hopefully get out of his "silver form).

And Silver Surfer has also absorbed many things too. Thor when he flipped and had the power gem actually gave a number of characters, including Thanos a tustle, but who knows how Silver Surfer would have handled him if not for their association (even Beta Ray Bill wasn't going to go all out on him).

His choice in not utilizing the full extent of his powers is part of his "pacifer" character, especially as the power cosmic can be incredible destructive and he has no inkling to take life. In regards to the Kree Skull War, he didn't want to fight to begin with and actually wanted him and Zenn-la to remain on neutral ground. When he was somewhat tricked to siding with the Skrulls, he tried to handle the circumstances as gently as he can by disabling the crafts and not killing the occupants.

And yet he was able to overcome the Colati, the Supreme Intelligence (w/ Soul Gem) and Inbetweener (w/ Soul Gem). Who is to say his mental defenses then.

He has carved through planet-like massed by plowing into it and has used the power cosmic to destroy ones. I can't justify however, the potency of a blast from Silver Surfer, but considering that the heralds of Galactus to have the power of a living sun, then it shouldn't be completely unbelievable.

sylvanelf
Originally posted by kgkg

- Can rearrange matter, at an atomic level

Not that this makes a huge difference in this fight, but Silver Surfer does not have matter manipulation abilities at an atomic level, only a molecular one.

This may go against things he has done in the comics, but according to the Marvel Directory and other Marvel authorized sites, that's his limit.

Marvel Directory listing

"He possesses the Power Cosmic which he can use to generate powerful force blasts or to rearrange molecules."

Marvelite listing

"The Surfer can rearrange the molecules of matter to create other configurations, but he cannot transmute elements."

leonidas
good post radioboy. my post makes it sound like i don't like/respect ss. that's not remotely the case. but when people go overboard, i feel obligated to play devil's advocate. i like your arguments better than: ss has power cosmic so surfer wins!

<<this "sliver" has done incredible things with the power>> agreed.

<<And Silver Surfer has also absorbed many things too.>. agreed, but not really relevant to this debate.

<<His choice in not utilizing the full extent of his powers is part of his "pacifer" character,>> true, but using this restructuring power would be much more peaceful in many ways that battling and blasting.

<<And yet he was able to overcome the Colati, the Supreme Intelligence (w/ Soul Gem) and Inbetweener (w/ Soul Gem). Who is to say his mental defenses then.>> my point exactly. we don't KNOW what MM could do to him mentally. based on past events, it is likely they WOULD have an effect however.

<<He has carved through planet-like massed by plowing into it and has used the power cosmic to destroy ones.>> supes has done the same thing. MM could do the same thing also.

and kg: <<Now you are going to compare Thanos / Odin to MM>>

you're better than that, kg . . .

fact is, MM is arguably the toughest hero in dc and he's getting zero respect from people who make ss out to BE galactus, rather than a a tiny SLIVER of galactus. let's see, a believeable scenario might go like this:

ss blasts, MM turns intangible, hits him with a mental blast and stuns him for a moment. attacks at near-lightspeed while ss is stunned, blasts ss with his his very potent eye beams to further weaken him then increases his own strength to supes level for a time and pummels ss while continuing his mental assault. thor has ko'd ss with physical force, MM could it as well. MM also has genius level intellect and is a master strategist.

my point: regardless of what anybody says, MM makes a fight of this and, while unlikely, it is possible he wins.

norrin radd

Mainstream

norrin radd

kgkg

leonidas

kgkg

Nataku8188
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
I was implying fist to fist combat as MM is superhuman, andSS is just normal, he could phase through and punch perhaps, I already know this fight favors ss..giljotiini

You seen what happened to Vision when he tried that? Wasn't pretty.

mikedgravity
everything has been said that can be said MM has absolutely no chance.*here let me turn you into fire*

leonidas
<<*here let me turn you into fire*>>

sigh . . .

he can't 'turn him into fire', but, this IS a perfect example of what i mean about people overrating surfer's powers. after he turns MM into fire, maybe he can change thanos into a glass of water the next time they hook up and just drink his problem away . . .

and yes, ss has lightspeed - MM is close to that level as well. the speed advantage COULD be negated by the MM's mental powers. and of COURSE for the sake of this debate i am supposing they would work. continued assaults, combined with energy/physical attacks (and MM is arguably as strong as a peeved hulk - at least for a while) could weaken ss enough to the point where MM CAN ko him or come up with a way to do so.

unlikely YES!! impossible - you haven't read enough dc OR enough marvel if you believe it is impossible for MM to beat ss. but i think this horse has been beat enough . . .

brainchild81
smileYes it has. SS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MM. Big Time!

radioboy121
Originally posted by leonidas
sigh . . .

he can't 'turn him into fire', but, this IS a perfect example of what i mean about people overrating surfer's powers. after he turns MM into fire, maybe he can change thanos into a glass of water the next time they hook up and just drink his problem away . . .

I remember Obliterator's gear was once turned into a bubble dispensing device, but he came back later with new technology that couldn't be manipulated by Silver Surfer, so there are limitations. He usually manipulates inanimated objects, but then again there was that planet he manipulated that when he lost control of his powers the population and environment went through hyper aging and among other things. Hard to say what's the limitations.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.