Doomsday VS. Wonder Woman and her Lasso

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
She can beat the Hulk easily. Let's put her up against a more powerful foe. Can she win against the original Doomsday? The one that beat the crap out of DC earth? She has her Lasso. Let the fight begin!

Debate.

Sentry
Wonder Woman wins with her lasso!!!! It's magic.

DigiMark007
Er, couldn't DD just yank it and pull her to him then beat her senseless?

Does DD have some sort of magic weakness...otherwise, WW is probably down for the count.

_DM

Sentry
Her Lasso is unbreakable! Just ask Draco. If Doomsday could yank and bash her, or pull her into his head like and giving her a super headbutt, I don't see why Hulk couln't do the same. big grin

the Darkone
Areis did it to her before so can doomsday, doomsday will beat the sh** out of her.

Swanky-Tuna
Although the lasso is unbreakable, Doomsday is much, much faster than Hulk and quite possibly faster than WW. So I'm going to have to with Doomsday.

DigiMark007
Ha. Her lasso breaks in "JLA: Golden Perfect" so it's not completely unbreakable. Not from anything physical though...WW didn't adhere to the 'truth' of the situation and so it broke on her.

-DM

Sentry
Just kidding. Doomsday wins.

eL sTanKo
Doomsday takes WonderWoman's lasso, hog ties her with it, and takes sexual liberties with her....

Swanky-Tuna
I'm pretty sure Doomsday didn't have the higher brain functions to lasso or had the brain functions AND parts to do the sex.

long pig
Some people are immune to the effects of her lasso, like Slade was.
So why wouldn't Doomsday be?

Even if he wasn't, he could certianly just like.....bite her head off.

Cosmic Cube
Doomsday certainly isn't faster than Wonder Woman. She'll pull out the Medusa head and turn his ass to stone. Try ressurecting from that.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I'm pretty sure Doomsday didn't have the higher brain functions to lasso or had the brain functions AND parts to do the sex.

Correct.

long pig
DD is faster, or at LEAST as fast.

Superman couldn't speedblitz him he was so fast, so that's fast.

DD would murder her.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by long pig
Some people are immune to the effects of her lasso, like Slade was.
So why wouldn't Doomsday be?

Even if he wasn't, he could certianly just like.....bite her head off.
To the truth telling component, yeah, probably. If she wrapped him up good, which I doubt she can do, she could get him.

CorderaMitchell
DD wins this hands down.

Draco69
In a fight, Doomsday would win. In a battle of breaking the lasso, absolutely not.

She did however defeat a clone of Doomsday. (Not the Superman/Batman ones.)

popasmuerf
Ummmm....let's see.....he is capable of enduring a direct hit from a nuclear missle...hell he has survived the breach of an anti-matter reactor and was made stronger by it!!! The more emotional he gets the stronger he gets(i.e. no strength limit).....super speed (has fought Thor, Sentry, and Speed Freak)....heals faster than Wolverine....High resistance to majick and psionics......

I really cant imagine what you base this claim on.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by popasmuerf
Ummmm....let's see.....he is capable of enduring a direct hit from a nuclear missle...hell he has survived the breach of an anti-matter reactor and was made stronger by it!!! The more emotional he gets the stronger he gets(i.e. no strength limit).....super speed (has fought Thor, Sentry, and Speed Freak)....heals faster than Wolverine....High resistance to majick and psionics......

I really cant imagine what you base this claim on. 3 years ago this might have been a relevant post.

ToughMind
Doomsday is not only faster but is probably a little bit stronger. Doomsday destroys her.

Harbinger
Only version of DD I could see Diana taking is DOS Doomsday, and even that one moved so fast that Flash said that he couldn't follow his movements. Any other version murders her.

TheBadguy
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
3 years ago this might have been a relevant post.

I'm scared to ask but who is your signature talking about?

naruto2424
DD takes this, I just don't see how he would lose

Avlon
DD already whooped Diana with her own lasso in the DD wars.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Avlon
DD already whooped Diana with her own lasso in the DD wars. Wasn't that the smart DD with Brainiacs mind?

Val-E-Doosh
Originally posted by Harbinger
Only version of DD I could see Diana taking is DOS Doomsday, and even that one moved so fast that Flash said that he couldn't follow his movements. Any other version murders her.
That was before the Speed Force so Flash wasn't even all that fast back then.

Not that it matters since according to JLA #24, Diana is faster than Superman.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2/11yf9.th.jpg

"Faster than Clark! Fast as me!"

Lolz.

Raoul
Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh

Lolz.

that shit aint funny.

i'm glad he slapped her right on cue.

Val-E-Doosh
Originally posted by Raoul
that shit aint funny.

i'm glad he slapped her right on cue.
http://i37.tinypic.com/sgtmcj.gif

Philosophía

Lolz.

I can hear batdude ripping the page from here.

Raoul
http://i37.tinypic.com/sgtmcj.gif

i try...

i'm glad mcduffie has as little credibility as he does, makes it easier to just dismiss outright...

Harbinger
http://i37.tinypic.com/sgtmcj.gif lulz.

fangirl101

Lolz. Um, It makes sense that she would be faster than Clark in actual battle speed. While Clark is faster in actual travel speed. Diana repeatedly deflects ftl projections.

fangirl101
i try...

i'm glad mcduffie has as little credibility as he does, makes it easier to just dismiss outright... and yet mcduffie is writing the jLA and one of the smartest and best amazo interpretations that I've seen in a long while.

Raoul
Originally posted by fangirl101
and yet mcduffie is writing the jLA and one of the smartest and best amazo interpretations that I've seen in a long while.

writing jla doesn't automatically make you = top class. look at claremont...

best? or most powerful?

fangirl101
writing jla doesn't automatically make you = top class. look at claremont...

best? or most powerful?
mcDuffie was really held down by editorial power and cross overs. He'd doing fine now that he's free to do his thing. And I said one of the best. Not most powerful.

Raoul
mcDuffie was really held down by editorial power and cross overs. He'd doing fine now that he's free to do his thing. And I said one of the best. Not most powerful.

i disagree, completely, but i do that alot, so...

question re: diana, if you don't mind: is she still tied to the earth, and so on? i know they've been offworld recently when they went looking for the prison planet, but if diana was offworld, how do her powers fare? if they retconned it, i missed it...

fangirl101
i disagree, completely, but i do that alot, so...

question re: diana, if you don't mind: is she still tied to the earth, and so on? i know they've been offworld recently when they went looking for the prison planet, but if diana was offworld, how do her powers fare? if they retconned it, i missed it...
Gail Simone hasn't addressed that yet. When Diana fought the Daxamite in volume II, she didn't lose her strength or speed. She's also in the antimatter universe in trinity and she doesn't seem to be any stronger or weaker. We will have to see how Gail handles this. She's been tweaking Wondys' current set. Like her using the Lasso as a brass knuck and as a slicing whip. So who knows what gail up her sleeves.

Raoul
Gail Simone hasn't addressed that yet. When Diana fought the Daxamite in volume II, she didn't lose her strength or speed. She's also in the antimatter universe in trinity and she doesn't seem to be any stronger or weaker. We will have to see how Gail handles this. She's been tweaking Wondys' current set. Like her using the Lasso as a brass knuck and as a slicing whip. So who knows what gail up her sleeves.

ah, thanks... i have been enjoying the simone stories somewhat, i just keep getting the impression that she's capable of better...

fangirl101
ah, thanks... i have been enjoying the simone stories somewhat, i just keep getting the impression that she's capable of better...

you know the powers at DC hamper many a good writer. They even mucked over grant morrison's crisis. countdown wasn't supposed to happen at all the way it did. Niether was the DOTNG. Which is why crisis appears a lil off. I'm guessing she's restrained somewhat. which is why she took the last arc off DC earth.

Raoul
you know the powers at DC hamper many a good writer. They even mucked over grant morrison's crisis. countdown wasn't supposed to happen at all the way it did. Niether was the DOTNG. Which is why crisis appears a lil off. I'm guessing she's restrained somewhat. which is why she took the last arc off DC earth.

probably...

and i think grant just doesn't give a f*ck. im happy to disregard whatever he says doesnt tie in, as him > any idiot dc editor.

Philosophía
probably...

and i think grant just doesn't give a f*ck. im happy to disregard whatever he says doesnt tie in, as him > any idiot dc editor.

IIRC, he said in an interview that due to the 'falling backwards through time', certain events were changed, so that Countdown didn't happen in current continuity or something like that, which will be explained in Final Crisis #4.

Raoul

fangirl101

Philosophía
If anyone would know how to explain the Hypertime/Higher dimensions stuff, it would be Morrison. It was already stated that he wanted to do an 'event' of some sort with this, explaining all of it, but it was eventually replaced by Identity Crisis'. I'm pretty sure that he will adress this subject in Superman Beyond, aswell as possibly in the main-Final Crisis mini-series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.