Question about Lightsabers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tulak Hord
I doubt it really matters where this is posted, and this is the most lively board, so I was wondering, whenever a Jedi gets knocked down or killed, why does the Saber automaticly turn off? Is there some sensitive part or what?

Thornbane
My guess would be the pressure of the fist...Or a button.

Tulak Hord
I doubt a Jedi has time to press a button when he gets killed.

darthmaul1
This has been discussed before, the saber is pressure sensitive and that can be controlled through the force.

Tulak Hord
Ah, I see now.

The Ones
it has a safety feature so when it gets dropped, it turns of incase it slices into another person

Thornbane
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
I doubt a Jedi has time to press a button when he gets killed.

No, but he sure would have time to release it. Like a stun-gun.

Thornbane
I should note, that Luke always clearly presses something when igniting and extinguising his sabre. I know it's only half the series, but watch him closely.

The Ones
but when he drops the saber. not turning it off.

Thornbane
Originally posted by The Ones
but when he drops the saber. not turning it off.

No, he likely just lightens his grip. Otherwise, why the heck would he bother turning it off before throwing it away? (Ep VI)

The Ones
he turned it off when he decided not to fight. then about 5 seconds later he decides to trhough it away

deaconbluez
Then how does Vader and Yoda throw their sabers?

The Ones
they use the force to keep pressure on it

Xanatos
Ive always thought their was a hold switch or something for that. The lightsaber for instanceWhen fighting its off so once the saber leaves he hand it is turned off, but when they want to throw them the turn on the hold switch preveting it from turning off.

Thornbane
Someone on the boards has a sig with Obi picking up Anikan's Sabre at the end on EpIII. Clearly a button on the darned thing.

Mist
I wish i was in Ken's boots right now...Id have a field day droolio

Darth_Rankkor
I like yer sig mist big grin that would be a great gif if anyone did it wink

Mist
i am doing it wink in a few weeks wink

Eckle
Also as anyone noticed the turning on and off speed of the lightsabers? sometimes the blade like just appears there and others it slowing grows out.....

Darth Travizzle
It's touch sensitive, so like whenever he's dead or knocked back it won't kill anyone who's just standing around, or maybe GL didn't want to have to make special effects of the floor getting burned by the lightsaber. And also what if the guys got knocked back, and the lightsaber flew up and was still on then killed him.And like on the Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul scene, what if Obi-Wan accidentaly stepped on the lightsaber that Qui-Gon dropped. and when he had to use force pull to get Qui-Gon's lightsaber, what if it was on and it stabbed him.

Jedi Styles
Originally posted by deaconbluez
Then how does Vader and Yoda throw their sabers?

its called a force lightsaber throw.... They use the force to keep it on as it's being throwed...

Obviously when a limb get cut off, or if you get knocked down, the connection the saber to the force is disturbed and therefor would turn off automatically.

General Koon
there are red or black touch sensitive bottons? on the lightsaber

General Koon
yes they do keep the lghtsaber on by THE FORCE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.