Dark Nest Trilogy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TraptUnderIce
The new trilogy set 7? years after NJO is due to come out in July. Here are the dates:

The Joiner King : 7/26
The Unseen Queen : 9/27
The Swarm War : 11/29

What I've heard from theForce.net seems like this: The plot is supposed to be about a dispute between the Chiss and the Kiliks in the Outer Regions. The Kiliks were the original inhabitants of Alderaan.

Rumors:
-The Kiliks attack Naboo due to the fact that Palpatine destroyed Alderaan and it would an eye for an eye style.
-A dark Jedi ex love interest for Luke from the comics named Lumiya comes back to stir up trouble.
-Leia goes back to Naboo and meets Boss Binks to settle the dispute between the kiliks and nabooians.

Darth Jello
as far as I heard, hasn't Lumiya declared herself a sithlord and therefore taken on the title of Darth?

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by TraptUnderIce
The new trilogy set 7? years after NJO is due to come out in July. Here are the dates:

The Joiner King : 7/26
The Unseen Queen : 9/27
The Swarm War : 11/29

What I've heard from theForce.net seems like this: The plot is supposed to be about a dispute between the Chiss and the Kiliks in the Outer Regions. The Kiliks were the original inhabitants of Alderaan.

Rumors:
-The Kiliks attack Naboo due to the fact that Palpatine destroyed Alderaan and it would an eye for an eye style.
-A dark Jedi ex love interest for Luke from the comics named Lumiya comes back to stir up trouble.
-Leia goes back to Naboo and meets Boss Binks to settle the dispute between the kiliks and nabooians.

i don't know where you get your delusions, laser-brain! the dates may be right, but the plot? ur wrong on that, and i'm almost certain that you didn't get it from theforce.net as i go on it every day. the last update gave us the plot that jacen, jaina and a few other jedi get lost in the unknown regions (while on a mission i think). the chiss put in an official complaint to the office of the GalAl claiming that the jedi are meddling in with a border dispute with a neighbouring system. luke sets off to find the jedi with han and leia in tow

TraptUnderIce
I was reading the Troy Denning Trilogy thread so that's where I got all that from. Your right too. The border dispute is between the Chiss and an insect race. The insect race are the kiliks. You have the plot for the first book and I put what I heard about the second and third books plot about Naboo and Lumiya. I'm not sure if it's speculation or confirmed knowledge.

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by TraptUnderIce
I was reading the Troy Denning Trilogy thread so that's where I got all that from. Your right too. The border dispute is between the Chiss and an insect race. The insect race are the kiliks. You have the plot for the first book and I put what I heard about the second and third books plot about Naboo and Lumiya. I'm not sure if it's speculation or confirmed knowledge.

you can be sure its specualtion. from what i read of tatooine ghost--and what i remember of it the--kiliks were a bird race which were extinct on alderaan for a number of years before the death star came along. there is no reason for them to even be in the unknown regions. and the answer to a question i put to theforce.net about this matter suggested it was a totally new race

DarthLazious
I love these Idea's...I wonder if Luke & Liea will learn more about thier mother in this series.

TraptUnderIce
The speculation mixed confuses the hell out of me.

SnakeEyes
IMO those plots sound horrible...

DarthLazious
Why is that?

TraptUnderIce
It doesn't sound too action filled. It doesn't matter either way they're just speculation.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by DarthLazious
Why is that?

Well.. it just seems very boring. I mean, with the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, it was a full scale war, so there was plenty of action and the whole galaxy was at stake. In these plots, they sound like domestic disturbances or relationship troubles with Luke. They don't seem that important. Not to mention that these plots seem to only deal with Luke and Leia. I wanna see more of the characters that have grown on people, like Jacen Solo, etc.

iabomination
lol
When i heard "kiliks" i instantly thought of Sould Calibur's Kilik (the guy with the stick)

Anyways, i'm pretty sure the kiliks were an insectoid race (i think i read it in Unifying force)

DarthLazious
I still think its a good idea.

Darth_Glentract
This is what I found. Probably not true though.

In the climatic scene:

Shira: I'm the real Emperor's Hand, i was better at everything, shoot her!

Mara: I'm the real Emperor's Hand! Palpatine told me so! I was the only one!

Shira: Hah! Ha haha ha!

Mara: Shut up!!!

Killiks: Yati titi tiki trrrt trrte Ke kee!! (These red haired human chicks are nuts, let's put them both out of their misery and ours)!!!!

*blasts both, various shades of burned red tufts of hair drift to the ground*

Luke: Noooooooooooo! Now I'll NEVER realize my three-way fantas..........
(Han, Leia and Jacen all stare open-mouthed at Luke)

Er, Mara! Mara! No!

Sithspawned
No.... It's not.

It's just something made up by someone who hates the character of Mara Jade.

This however, is all 100% real.

From Amazon.com-

Dark Nest 1: The Joiner King

Seven years after their daring assault deep inside enemy territory (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order: Star by Star), Jaina Solo and her fellow survivors answer a mysterious call for help and vanish into the Unknown Regions. Soon, the Jedi Council learns that the group has undertaken a mission that will drive a wedge between the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances and its skittish ally, the Chiss Ascendancy. The investigation leads Luke Skywalker and his companions-Mara Jade Skywalker and Han and Lela Solo-on a perilous journey into the uncharted void that iles between what is right and what is wrong...

Dark Nest 2: The Unseen Queen

The second book in a trilogy that will bridge the events of the hugely popular New Jedi Order series, which has sold four million copies to date, and our upcoming 9-book epic Star Wars series to be published in 2006-2008. Despite being given new worlds to populate, the insectoid Killiks have not found peace. A seemingly unknowable enemy has been attacking the new nests--and the Killiks hold the Jedi responsible. Traveling back to the Unknown Regions to unravel the mystery, the Skywalkers and Solos discover an evil far more familiar than they ever expected...and even more terrifying. Why does the dark nest want to kill Mara? Will Jacen's apocalyptic vision trigger another galactic war, or prevent one? And perhaps most ominous of all, what deadly secret are the Killiks hiding? To find out, Luke, Mara, Han, and Leia must embark on a perilous journey into the uncharted void between right and wrong. The ferocious Unknown Terrors are only the beginning of the awesome challenges that lie ahead in their quest to fathom the unfathomable.

Dark Nest 3: The Swarm War

The third and last book in the all-new trilogy that will bridge the events of the hugely popular New Jedi Order series, which has sold four million copies to date, and our upcoming 9-book epic Star Wars series to be published in 2006-2008. With the Jedi Order splintered by conflicts of conscience, and a war erupting between the Killiks and Chiss that could spread across the entire galaxy, Luke Skywalker takes charge. His bold plan will play all sides against each other and carry those closest to him deep into hostile territory. It is also the only thing standing between the galaxy and the eternal war that his nephew, Jacen, has foreseen in visions. For the Jedi to succeed, they must step beyond the reach of any galactic government and undermine the war-making capabilities of all sides -- and Luke Skywalker must assume his fated role as true master of the Jedi Order.

There's also an excerpt from the Unseen Queen that was posted on starwars.com a few days ago-

"Danger?" Corran's face fell, his green eyes blazzing with conflict as he realized that performing his duty to Chief Omas would mean betraying his personal loyalty to Luke. "Chief Omas wouldn't push things that far."

"I'm not the Master here," Leia said, shrugging. "You'll have to decide that for yourself."

Corran did not even need time to think. His chin simply dropped, then he swung a leg around and started back across the stepping-stones. "You win," he said. "This isn't something I should decide on my own."

"Maybe not," Leia allowed.

Corran stepped off the last stone and gave Leia an exagerated frown. "No gloating at Masters," he said. "Hasn't Saba taught you anything?"

and last but not least, the cover for Joiner King-

http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/img/20050215_bg.jpg

SnakeEyes
Still sounds lame...

Sithspawned
I think it has promise...

I'm always game for more Star Wars...

TraptUnderIce
Does sound like it has promise but...

SnakeEyes
Here is the cover for the final book

DarthLazious
Nice.

Julie
Joiner King: weird, somewhat interesting....had better improve with the next two books.

Lord Darkstar
would you recommend that I go buy it?

starwarsfreak34
i really enjoyed the joiner king... i'm near the end of the unseen queen and i don't like it that much (apart from :spoiler: the fact that jacens got a daughter, i loved that!) :spoiler:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.