It's ok for anakin to kill, but not mace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
It was ok for anakin to kill dooku in cold blood, but he throws a hissy fit when Mace wants to kill the man responisble for the entire war, what kind of crap is that? I was referring to when mace wanted to kill palpitine, but anakin bit*ched because it wasnt the jedi way.

DeVi| D0do
Anakin needed Palpatine to save Padme.

kremzike
And it wasn't ok, was it? Anakin knew beforehand he shouldn't, and then felt guilty about it afterward.

astrofan428
What did Ani have to gain if Dooku lived?

vader519
In the book, when MAce is there to greet Obi-wan, Anakin, and Palpatine, he asks Anakin what happened to Anakin, and Anakin does not answer, but Palpatine does answer and says he was killed, and give Anakin a stone cold look at him. Also in the scene where Mace is about to kill Palpatine, Anakin tells Mace you cannot kill him, it is against our Jedi code, and Mace replies "But it was okay for you to kill Dooku". He says something like that along the lines.

DarkYoda
I think Anakin regretted what happened to Dooku. He wanted to do what was right this time, but ultimately the dark side clouded his judgement.

ragesRemorse
yeah, that would have made the scene more acceptable for me. If mace had said somthing like that.

matreid
Anakin didn't want to kill Dooku or Mace. Peer pressure. It's a horrible thing.weep

CrazyOcelot
I (again probably mistakenly) thought he was stalling for time; he needed Palpatine to save Padme - yet he knew Palpatine was better off dead. By then his loyalty to the Jedi code was getting pretty shaky, but it was a good excuse to stop Mace finishing Palpatine off, who from that moment forth pushed on that weakness in Anakin.

Neo_Version 7
Bah!

Anakin was a hyprocrite, through and through.

((The_Anomaly))
Anakin did what he felt was in his best interest, plus pressure from palps.

The Last Son
Funny how Anakin didn't say much to Palpatine after he killed Mace. All he said was "What have I done". If killing is wrong, why was it okay for Palpatine to kill Mace?

Ani's Girl
I think Anakin was reeling from the whole ordeal. Between killing Dooku earlier and then Mace, he was just overcome by what was happening to him.

The Jedi ended up killing people in battle all the time. Only Anakin and Palpy knew that Dooku was helpless when Anakin finished him off.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
It was ok for anakin to kill dooku in cold blood, but he throws a hissy fit when Mace wants to kill the man responisble for the entire war, what kind of crap is that? I was referring to when mace wanted to kill palpitine, but anakin bit*ched because it wasnt the jedi way.

OMG, what is with these dumb threads and the even dumber people who start them?
Did you watch the movie?? He knew he shouldn't kill Dooku and Palpatine egged him on and after he says he shouldn't of done it.
And with the Mace, Palpatine confrontation, HE NEEDS PALPATINE TO SAVE PADME, so obviously he does not want him to die. and he's trying to convince Mace not to kill him by mentioning the jedi code. I thought it was pretty straight forward, but I guess for someone with and IQ of 1 it's NOT.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by vader519
In the book, when MAce is there to greet Obi-wan, Anakin, and Palpatine, he asks Anakin what happened to Anakin, and Anakin does not answer, but Palpatine does answer and says he was killed, and give Anakin a stone cold look at him. Also in the scene where Mace is about to kill Palpatine, Anakin tells Mace you cannot kill him, it is against our Jedi code, and Mace replies "But it was okay for you to kill Dooku". He says something like that along the lines.

wait a minute, that doesn't make sense.
How did Mace know Dooku was killed in cold blood? the only person who knew was Palpatine, and I'm sure he didn't tell anyone.

green dude
Hmmm wait can't they sense them with force yeah they can i think. anyway in rots witht the wookies Yoda sense the Jedi are dead and he kills clones after. They sense them there power what ever it was called Qui-gon said in TPM stick out tongue and than at the end they have to hide Yoda hides on Dabogah cuz there is a tree that is twisted with darkside so know one knows he's there no one can sense his presense.

Ani's Girl
I don't think they can sense that Anakin killed Dooku in cold blood. In II Yoda was only able to sense that Anakin was in extreme pain. He certainly didn't see him slaughtering all the sand people. Had they been able to "sense" that, his training would have probably ended right there as he was too volatile and had done something as a result of the Dark Side's influence.

Robin Darkside
When Anakin killed the sandpeople, all Yoda could sense is that Skywalker was in terrible pain, thats all

Robin Darkside
Anakin killing Dooku, all they probably sensed was Anakin giving into his anger. If Yoda was paying attention

Ani's Girl
That's kind of how I saw it. I don't think anyone but Palps knew what he did to Dooku.

stormfire
Wait..obiwan knew what anakin did to dooku..he probably did'nt know that he did it while he was defenceless.

jerlark386
Ofcourse its OK for Anakin to kill, which is why even after being involved in terrible slaughter and betrayal, he is standing next to Obi-Wan and Yoda smiling in ROTJ. Redemption for this *******?

Seems kinda unfair does'nt it?

darthmaul1
Originally posted by jerlark386
Ofcourse its OK for Anakin to kill, which is why even after being involved in terrible slaughter and betrayal, he is standing next to Obi-Wan and Yoda smiling in ROTJ. Redemption for this *******?

Seems kinda unfair does'nt it?

Criminals on our planet that have killed dozens of people and are about to get executed, are able to say to a priest that they are sorry and now all is forgiven, and they go to heaven yeah right.

This is STAR WARS he did destroy the evil and brought balance to the force, so he will be redemeed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.