avalanche VS magma VS terra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormfront13
who takes this 3-way battle that is set in the grand canyon type area

DrDoom
Hmmmmm....hmmmmmmm....Magma. I guess.

Can Terra control molten rocks/create volcanoes? If not then Magma wins, cuz Terra is like a boosted Avalanche.

stormfront13
yeah terra can do that also

Draco69
Terra.

GalacticStorm
Magma

Draco69
Magma can control magma. Terra can control the earth....and magma.

GalacticStorm

GalacticStorm
This battle is just between Magma and Terra and from seeing a number of feats from both females ive gotta go with Magma

Draco69
The thing is Terra can do the same and better.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Draco69
The thing is Terra can do the same and better.

Well the fact that you didnt even know that Magma could control tectonic plates leads me to believe you havent really read any comics she has been featured in. Try the last few issues of xtreme xmen you might find them helpful.

stormfront13
um..... will terra be ableto hurt magma?? won't magma be immune to the affects of magma while in magma form?

Draco69
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Well the fact that you didnt even know that Magma could control tectonic plates leads me to believe you havent really read any comics she has been featured in. Try the last few issues of xtreme xmen you might find them helpful.

I wouldn't talk. You don't know much about Terra either. stick out tongue

long pig
Originally posted by stormfront13
um..... will terra be ableto hurt magma?? won't magma be immune to the affects of magma while in magma form?
magmamagma magma? magma magma.

stormfront13
hugh?

GalacticStorm
I wouldn't" talk. You don't know much about Terra either. stick out tongue

Not so:

Terra had control over the Earth and often flew on a chunk of rock to reach her destination. Terra could transform the consistency of earth and rock, cause earthquakes, tap into lava flows, and create shapes out of solid rock.

It seems terra had control over the actual rock material itself enabling her to fly on it whereas magma could psionically shift tectonic plates. Magma could also travel through the ground to any point on earth by morphing the ground around her and shifting herself through the earths crust. She was also so attuned to the earth that she could detect the most minute vibrations on or within it. She could also detect underground installations or ancient structures by merely using this attuning ability to give her an image of formations within the ground.

Draco69
Honey. The above isn't knowledge. We call it plagiarism.

GalacticStorm
I never claimed the above was all my own only the 2nd parargraph is. Im not turning in an essay here im just stating my knowledge of terras powers. I see you chose to be picky instead of presenting a counter. Any reason draky baby?

Draco69
Hardly. I claimed you didn't have any knowledge of Terra. And you responded with an excerpt from a source that isn't your own knowledge. That's why I was being "picky".

As for your analysis. Terra can do exactly the same thing. However I believe she is MUCH more adept in her earth-controlling powers because she can even control asteroids, comets and other ilk of that nature. She once served as ferry through the Asteroid belt.

GalacticStorm
Hardly. I claimed you didn't" have any knowledge of Terra. And you responded with an excerpt from a source that isn't your own knowledge. That's why I was being "picky".

As for your analysis. Terra can do exactly the same thing. However I believe she is MUCH more adept in her earth-controlling powers because she can even control asteroids, comets and other ilk of that nature. She once served as ferry through the Asteroid belt.

Thats probably because that excerpt is my knowledge of terras powers and i couldnt have put it better myself.

Terra is hardly more adept at her powers just because she can ferry herself about on a rock. Like i said before you saying that just highlights a difference in their powers. Just like Pyro has control over fireitself Terra seems to control the rock itself whereeas magmas earth manipulation powers are more to do with seismic activity/tectonic plate shifting.

Where has terra actually shifted herself actually through the earth to another part of the world?

Cosmic Cube
Hardly. I claimed you didn't have any knowledge of Terra. And you responded with an excerpt from a source that isn't your own knowledge. That's why I was being "picky".

Magma can control asteroids as well. Anything that's made of stone, she can control. I think they're too similar.

Draco69
Thats probably because that excerpt is my knowledge of terras powers and i couldnt have put it better myself.

I had a similar situation with a tutoree. He knew all about The Great Gatsby. But he found an essay that put his thoughts in such a way he couldn't have done better himself. He turned this essay in. He got an F. wink

Terra is hardly more adept at her powers just because she can ferry herself about on a rock. Like i said before you saying that just highlights a difference in their powers. Just like Pyro has control over fireitself Terra seems to control the rock itself whereeas magmas earth manipulation powers are more to do with seismic activity/tectonic plate shifting.

So you DON'T know anything about Terra. Ooookay then. Terra has complete and utter control over the earth. She can create earthquakes, volcanoes, landslides, tsunamis, sandstorms, etc. She can even manipulate certain elements into different things. Iron to Gold. Sand to Glass. Steel to Promethium. Magma? Terra can control that too. Magma and Lava after all is really just melted ROCK. She can even create lava puppets to attack her foes. Seismic activity? So what? Terra can create earthquakes with a thought. Terra has complete control over earth. Which means she can shift the tectonic plates. When she betrayed the Titans she actually caused the Los Angeles plate to break off threatening the entire state of Calfornia to begin to drift of to sea. Tectonic Plates? So what? As mentioned before Terra is extremely adept at manipulating the tectonic plates to generate small scale earthquakes and create volcanoes out of nowhere. She doesn't do it often because it's extremely risky to the rest of the world. Terra is more than just a earth manipulator. She's an earth elemental. She represents Gaea's powers.

Where has terra actually shifted herself actually through the earth to another part of the world?

She has a rather lame name for it. It's called "geo-portation" Don't ask. Anyhoo she can "teleport" herself through the earth into another place. This made her invaluable to the Titans so they wouldn't have to use their multi-million dollar T-Jet

Here's a question for you: Has Magma actually caused asteroid showers or created "lava puppets?"

Cosmic Cube
Turning Iron into Gold isn't controlling rocks, that's matter manipulation.

Draco69
I guess. She can control the earth and its elements. So I guess turning iron into gold means her matter manipulation is strictly limited to earth.

Cosmic Cube
I guess. She can control the earth and its elements. So I guess turning iron into gold means her matter manipulation is strictly limited to earth.

By earth, I thought you meant soil, sand, and, socks... I mean rocks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.