USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE III (JEDI)- Revelations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak

Ushgarak
The Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Music- Arrival on Naboo

(Try to look up the tracks I mention, because how they sound is more important than their name. Obviously you aren't actually on Naboo).

Three missions then! I shall describe each, and add some comments. These descriptions are only summaries- you get more in-depth summaries after you decide!

Mission 1- Type: Diplomatic

On a Core World, one of the founder worlds of the Republic, the impossible has happened- a peaceful, enlightened society has found itself confronted by the potential of armed rebellion against its Government. All internal efforts have failed; the Jedi are now needed to arbitrate and negotiate a peaceful solution.

Mission 2- Type: Investigation (undercover)

In these affluent but corrupt times, one of the greatest criminal threats in the Inner Worlds is drug smuggling. A vast, Galactic-scale drug smuggling operation has been traced to a famous medical world, but no investigation has revealed any further. Jedi are now required to go undercover inside the hospital facilities to expose the centre of this vile drug smuggling racket.

Note- as an undercover mission, players are subject to certain restrictions on this choice

Mission 3- Type: Combat (or 'Aggressive Negotiation')

On the fringes of the Republic, an insane and evil cult has long plagued the border worlds. Now the Cult has grown from being a pest into an out and out threat to the security of these worlds. The Cult is outside the Republic and hence has never seen justice before, but now they have gone too far. The Senate and Jedi Order have permitted an operation to leave the Republic and remove the threat of the Cult by any means necessary.

And now, some notes:

The Diplomatic mission is very sensitive. The Jedi want one of their most senior members on that mission- that's either Marcus or Roan, and no reason why it can't be both, though don't feel obliged.

Do not take the Diplomatic mission if you think you are going to start a war by opening your mouth!

The Jedi are not greatly interested in constructive dialogue during the Combat mission- not that they are preaching genocide, just they know that any settlement will come only from a position of strength. That being the case, there is room for investigation and socially-capable characters on that mission (to dictate terms if nothing else), but if you see your role as more of the passive side of things, this isn't the mission for you.

The Order would particularly like Gallagher on the Investigation mission. Not only is this the best choice for him to practice his skills (he's not really suited for negotiation or combat), he also loses out less from having to go undercover. Furthermore, he has some unique advantages for this mission that the Order wishes to make use of.

However, in recognition that things don't always go as planned, the Council would like at least one person on that mission who can fight without a Lightsabre to protect Gallagher if things go wrong. This is also handy if your investigation is successful and the criminals resist arrest. Other than that, it's a good mission for social and investigative characters also.

The final note is this- your choice here will dictate your purpose for the next TWO Episodes. So please do choose carefully.

This process also acts as a 'role call'. Because I am unsure who is still playing, or what new players that have expressed interest are going to go for it, I will see who actually signs up for a mission. That will then represent our roster for this Episode. Once the missions start, the door closes, though I might make some exceptions in various circumstances. I am sure you can appreciate things work much better without further Jedi suddenly just turning up- especially on an undercover mission. If anyone wants to play but is unavailable for regular play right now, please let me know so I can know you are there, just keeping quiet at first. Thanks.

Bardock42
I will use Foresight. And I would like to play the diplomatic mission, suites my character the most.

Bardock42
Will the Missions all be in this thread?

Lord Melkor
I know it shouldn`t concern me: But are some members of this cult force sensitive? This would really interest my character.....

Ushgarak
You'll find out, won't you?

Two of them will be, Bardock.

Bardock42
How many people should approximately be assigned to each mission?

Ushgarak
They would in fact run with but one person each, though as mentioned, they prefer the bodyguard for the Investigation as well.

So slice it any way you like!

The combat mission might become overcrowded if too many people pick it.

Fire
I will DEFINITLY not take nr 2 besides that I don't care that much.

I'll go for Instincts, I'll be away from the 1st till the 15th of july ush, but besides that I'm game

Jazzman_78
I'll go with Gallagher on the investigative mission, if he doesn't mind. Otherwise the Combat will suit my character just fine. With Combat 14 and six combat tricks, I should be a good bodyguard. I just figure that the combat mission will be the most popular, and I don't mind a thinking challenge, leaving room for the fighting-only minded players.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I'll use Dreams.

Bardock42
Ah good decision Andro, I guess we won't be together on this mission.

Lord Melkor
I guess the combat mission will allow you learn about certain white-haired woman....

Fire
Well then vilpa probably won't be meeting her

Bardock42
The Padawans are going to be separated anyways, aren't they?

Tptmanno1
Hmm, My First instint is to go with Diplomatic, But I'll talk it over with Fire...
And Dreams, seeing as its the only predictive power I have...

Fire
If Gundy Returns I assume she'll wanna go for Diplomacy then I'll take the combat mission, if not I'll go wiv Diplomacy

Ushgarak
So is it right now that both the senior Jedi are going Diplomacy unless someone else is?

I dunno what Gundy can manage of long-term commitment.

So, so far...

Diplomacy:
Bardock

Investigation:
Gallagher
Andro

Combat:

Fire
Well I think T will do it anywayz and I will only NOT do it if Gundy does it

Lord Melkor
Nevermind.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
Doesn`t Bardock play Gallagher?

No, Bardock plays Bardock....I am pretty sure confused

Tptmanno1
I'm going Diplomacy.

Alkaselzer
Gallagher chooses to attempt a Dream premonition, with a Force point spent.

"I am much obliged that you wish to come with me as my bodyguard, Andro," Gallagher says to his fellow Knight. "I could use the help; I am certainly not fit to do such important missions on my own. However, I am glad that the Council finds me to be an important member of the Order!"

Gallagher has changed very little in the past couple of months since the mission to Droben. However, Droben did change him in the tiniest way. Gallagher despises killing, though he knows it is kill or be killed, depending on situation.

More of an explanation for him starting to buy up the Strike to Subdue Blade Trick with his experience, I suppose.

Ushgarak
Is Dreams all you have, Gallagher? Very well!

bobcrickett
Jelena will use Foresight.

Would the Diplomacy mission be a good task for her?

Ushgarak
It's certainly your type, though so is the Undercover one.

bobcrickett
I would like to enter the Diplomacy mission, in that case.

And my Foresight should be via PM, if you will? smile

Bardock42
Originally posted by bobcrickett
I would like to enter the Diplomacy mission, in that case.

And my Foresight should be via PM, if you will? smile

The Council would not approve of that.

Ushgarak

Why would a Jedi want to receive the vision in private?

Lord Melkor
Yes, lack of trust is the way of Darkside!

Bardock42
Hmm, I wonder.

Yes, lack of trust is the way of Darkside! #

You know aboot THAT stick out tongue

Lord Melkor
Originally posted by Bardock42
Hmm, I wonder.

#

You know aboot THAT stick out tongue

Yes, to know your weakness is strenght, right Ushgarak?

Bardock42
Yes, to know your weakness is strenght, right Ushgarak?

So something being part of the dark side is weakness ? stick out tongue

Lord Melkor
Everything has its downsides. But even this "weakness" can be exploited by evil and cunning mind.

Bardock42
Everything has its downsides. But even this "weakness" can be exploited by evil and cunning mind.

I guess this is true. But it can be used by a wise and good Jedi as well.

Alkaselzer
Shush, Melk. stick out tongue

Yes, Ush, unfortunately. I did a poor job putting together Gallagher's powers; I did not think to read that he has a Force Attack of 11 before buying up almost the entire Kinetic Tree.

Bardock42
A darky has the second most player posts in this thread. What'S that all aboot?

Alkaselzer
Well, Melkor likes to annoy the Jedi... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Pay him no mind. stick out tongue

What template is Bardock? Gallagher wishes to make his acquaintance before leaving on his mission.

Bardock42
Bardock is a scholar. He just recently became a Knight . 20 years. Nice to meet you Gallagher

2Tidus!

Alkaselzer
"Ah!" Gallagher says, shaking Bardock's hand, his own extending from beneath his billowing pale robes. "Welcome, Bardock. I am Gallagher Klinge-Faust of Thespion. Glad to make your acquaintance."

Jelena is also a Scholar, and Gallagher is an Acolyte. If Bardock is more on the "It sucks that we have to kill people!" side of the Jedi Order, then welcome to our little niche. wink

Bardock42
Thats exactly what Bardock is, he's more of a diplomat, not a fighter. So I guess I'll hang out with you guys then big grin.

bobcrickett
Sounds like a plan, Bardock.

Jelena, the blue-skinned Twi'lek wonder of the Jedi Order, or so she subconsciously likes to think, wanders by Gallagher and Bardock.

"Gallagher!" Jelena shouts, having not seen her friend in the longest of times. She had not been able to attend Droben herself. "I see you're keeping yourself in good shape! Had a bit of a scare on Drobne, I hear..."

Alkaselzer
"Just a bit," Gallagher says, trying to force the conflict from his mind, though it was not at all one of the worst he had seen or heard of.

"And you, Jelena?"

2Tidus!
Vlad stode up stretching out his back. "I can use a work out" he sais.

Ushgarak
Ok, so the current roster is:

Diplomacy:
Marcus
Roan
Jelena
Bardock

Investigation:
Gallagher
Andro

Combat:
Vlad

That's certainly enough for the Diplomacy mission.

And in general, it is enough full stop! I shall kick things off tomorrow.

Alkaselzer
I hope Lance stays on for Combat. yes

2Tidus!
I do to. I'm alone stick out tongue

Jazzman_78
"Thank you for having me Gallagher. And you are an important member of the Order. If you're alluding to your dislike of taking lives, that doesn't make you a lesser Jedi. In fact, I'm sure the Council would prefer if I were a bit more like you. However, you will be safe with me, and I will help you in whatever way I can."

Alkaselzer
"Thank you for your kind words, Andro," Gallagher replies with a slight grin. "And your help will be very appreciated."

Tptmanno1
Alright, A few ground rules for Diplomacy...
Me and Marcus are in charge, please don't take initiative to do anything without at least talking to us first please!
For Bardock especially, but its good to review for everyone.
Your not god. Your not super-powerful and I bet alot of people will disagree with us. But were Jedi, so we deal. No Censure or pissing people off. We'll make group decisions, but if its down to the wire, your best bet is leaving it to either me or Marcus. Lets try to keep this smooth...
Alright any questions?

bobcrickett
"You will have no problems from me, Roan," Jelena replies with a sly grin. "You ought to know that by now."

Tptmanno1
That was Out of Character...
Just wanna make sure everyone knows how it works...

bobcrickett
(Then get in character, biznatch, or Jelena might rebel and turn Darkie... stick out tongue )

Tptmanno1
Yea well it was an OOC rant ok...
Jeez....
:P
"Hey Jelena, Been a while hasn't it."

bobcrickett
stick out tongue

"Indeed it has, Roan," Jelena says, with a curteous slight bow. "Not since Arminium. I was just speaking with Gallagher about the dispute on Droben a few months back..."

Tptmanno1
"Dispute, If thats what you wanna call it. Was more like a Mini-war if you ask me. Thats been happening mroe and more latley, its a bit worrying, all this larger scale fighting going on."

bobcrickett
"Trouble always does find a way to find those associated with Master Kellan Gundark," Jelena replies with a sly grin. "It found me just fine."

Tptmanno1
"I dunno if we find trouble or if it finds us... But I'd really like to try to avoid it this time around."

Fire
"We all knew it was going to be dangerous going to Droben, yet we all survived. The mission was a succes, altho a close one it might have been. So with Balek gone there is no need to dwell on this any further."
Damn, why does Droben still get to me this way???

*Turns to Vlad*

"Your first mission on your own as it looks. If you want any help I don't mind going with you. You're call"

Ushgarak
Ok, well, there is still time to re-assign yourselves at this point, but not too much longer...

It is time to be briefed. Those on Mission One are being given the low down by Ki-Adi Mundi; those on Mission Two by Kit Fisto, and those on Mission Three, which is to say Vlad, by good ol' Mace Windu.

They're not briefing you in the Council Chamber; they are talking over your missions in other rooms.

First of all, they have some background info for you on the relevant planets

---

Mission One (Diplomatic)- Cassilis

Cassillis is one of the founder worlds of the very first Republic, over a thousand generations ago. It is an agricultural world with a notable export of its Sariego crop.

Two factors make Cassillis one of the most famous worlds in the Republic. First of all, its stable political system that has endured throughout all this time, centred around an organisation known as the "Z'har", a collection of the brightest minds on the planet. All Cassillians are given aptitude tests at age 3 that determine their eligibility to join the Z'har, and under the Z'har's wise governance, the planet has always thrived. It is a notable centre of great achievement in the arts and all forms of culture, and the Academies of the Z'har are perhaps the best educational facilities in the Galaxy, and many of the older worlds of the Republic with traditional views, such as Alderan, Naboo and Aldath, send their noble children to be educated on Cassillus.

The other factor is the Sanctuary. Whilst the Sanctuary is the headquarters of the Z'har and hence the seat of Government, it is far more than that. This truly ancient building is also a Library, an Archive, a Museum, and a testament to all that the Republic stands for. It is the oldest repository of knowledge in the entirity of the Republic; within its vaults lie the records of forgotten civilisations, and it is there that the Republic's first constituion, signed some twenty five thousand years ago, is kept. There are recordings there of the first Republican Senatorial meeting, too. The Sanctuary is one of the Seventy Wonders of the Republic, and represents a continuity for the Republic that all too few planets have these days.

---

Misison Two (Investigation)- Spiridos

Spiridos is on the edge of the Inner Worlds, a shighly sophisticated technoogical society perfectly positioned to accept clientele from the core worlds to the Outer Rim.

Spiridos's speciality is in the medical. Its population is graced with exceptional dexterity but, not being a violent people, this has combined with their technological expertise in a long reputation of having some of the finest and most careful surgeons in the Galaxy.

Time has seen a lot of changes to Spiridos. Much of the world is given over to Health Care facilities; its research labs are continually developing new drugs and cures and sick people come to recover there from all over the Galaxy. Yet if Spiridos was ever a charity, none can remember that time now; it is very much a free market operation- people pay to use its services, and because its services are very good, people pay rather a lot.

This has made Spiridos one of the richest worlds in the Republic, all the richer because these days its 'Health Care facilities' are not just hospitials, they are 'personal health clinics', containing facilities for exercise and fitness programmes, sporting facilities, and some of the best masseuses outside of Hutt space. Once people started to come there to stay fit as well as to get better, Spiridon profits sky rocketed, and once people started to come simply because it was fun... well, no-one is entirely sure how rich the senior physicians there are now, most of whom are also responsible for its Government, and its Senator is also a Doctor.

---

Mission Three (Combat)- Charaeus

Charaeus is a harsh jungle world just outside of the Republic. Although it is a habitable planet, the last great expansion of Galactic civilisation, thousands of years ago, ignored it for other more hospitable planets in the sector; now that civilisation has receded somewhat from the Outer Rim, few would have any reason to care about this world.

However, to the misfortune of the border worlds of the Republic in that sector, Charaeus has become home to a vicious cult now known simply as the 'Cult of Charaeus'. The Cult is an organisation of fantatics who believe in the eventual construction of a Machine God that they believe will one day rule the Galaxy- a sort of Supercomputer that they see it as their destiny to construct, although it already exists in potential, and they worship its spirit. As part of their dedication to its spirit, all Chareans go through a process of cybernisation, implanting an artificial right hand as part of their initiation ceremony, and becoming more cybernised as time goes by.

The other traits of the Cult are pure utility combined with ruthlessness and a total lack of morals or empathy. Thgey have no regard for life and regard all other civilisations as inferior and unworthy. They have no reason to actively fight other people, but beause Charaeus is lacking in resources and sufficient manufactring facility- and because the Cult has a high demand for technological goods- the Cult has a habit of simply taking what it wants from someone else, and because they have no reagrd for life and do not like witnesses, they always exterminate every living thing they see whenever they so act.

The Cult is known amongst nearby worlds as "Techno-Pirates", because they are sometimes known to attack ships in space that are carrying technological goods. This is inaccurate; pirates steal for profit and have little need for extraneous killing; the Cult are not pirates at all- they are simply stealing goods when they need them. Living people they do not need, hence they destroy them.

Bardock42
Hmm does it seem like Master Mundi is going to add the briefing right away, or does he expect us to ask questions?

Fire
I made up my mind I'll go with Vlad, unless tidus doesn't want me -which I doubt- so Me and Roan don't start to run in each others way.

2Tidus!
Yay.

Bardock42
Well then, May the Force be with you on your mission.

Ushgarak
Ok Casillis crew is ready to proceed, so here we go.

"I am afraid," says Mundi, "that I have very little information for you. Cassillis has been letting very little of the situation escape.

"What we know is this. A band of rebels is threatening to launch an armed uprising against the Z'har. As if this news was not surprising enough- doubly so as there are no weapons on Cassilis-, several months have passed and the situation has not been resolved. Cassilis is such a famous world that concern for the situation has been rather great, and despite assurances from their Senator that the situation will be solved 'very soon', it has been decided to send a Jedi team to assess and arbitrate the situation. Cassilis is such a sophisticated world that we refuse to believe that irrationality is the cause, therefore there must be some grievance, or mix of grievances, that can be in some way addressed.

"The other reason for urgency is this. According to the Z'har, the Rebels are threatening to target the Sanctuary if their demands are not met. I am sure I do not have to spell out what a disaster it would be if the Sanctuary were to become damaged, or worse.

"However, as I say, I am unable to give you the nature, cause, or current state of the dispute, because the Z'har are reluctant to give out information about it. This mission has the full approval of the Senate, but I am afraid much work is expected of you- both to assess the situation and help find a solution without treading on too many toes."

Bardock42
"Who will be our contact on Z'har?"

Ushgarak
"As an official Republican mission you will be expected to be working with their Head of State, First Minister Skorzeny."

Bardock42
"Is there anything more of importance, we need to know before we leave?"

Ushgarak
"I recommend you do some research in advance," says Mundi. "And bear in mind that the First Minister will likely not be pleased to see you; the Casillian Senator has opposed Jedi involvement."

Alkaselzer
"Master Fisto," Gallagher says in greeting. "If Spiridos is such a wealthy world, why would anyone bother with a drug-smuggling ring there?"

Ushgarak
"I am afraid," says Fisto, "the situation is worse than that. We believe that Spiridos is the SOURCE of the smuggling operation. Specifically of a stimulant known as Aspidrol. Aspidrol smuggling has skyrocketed over the last decade, and local law enforcmeent agents have proved powerless to prevent the smuggling on their end. We just take out the source, and we have long suspected Spiridos to be it. But the Spiridosian authorities are refusing to co-operate in any investigation."

Bardock42
We should maybe do some research in the Jedi Library. Roan calls the moves.

Alkaselzer
"Do we think they are involved with the drug-smuggling?" Gallagher asks. "It would be a pain for them if I were to stumble upon their operations. Pain for me, as well."

(Can Zaland tag along? Gallagher's ally? I'll go contact him if I can...)

Ushgarak
"I am afraid we very much do believe that the Spiridonians are involved at the highest level. They have become very rich, but there is always room for them to become richer still. Spiridos itself has huge supplies of aspidrol, becayse it has medicinal uses, but without the Spiridonian's co-operation any standard investigaiton is futile. But the problems of aspridrol smuggling has become so acute that we are now forced to take more active measures.

"Your mission is to enter the facilities on Spiridos, undercover, posing as people making use of its amenities. Whilst there you must gather evidence to prove they are the source of the smuggling and identifty the culprits. Any informaiton ou can get on the distribution netowrk would be useful as well, because we have no idea at all how it is getting around- as I say, local authorities seem powerless to stop it."

Bardock42
(ah yes, aboot our predictions, when do we usually get them?)

Alkaselzer
"I understand, Master Fisto," Gallagher says with a solemn nod. "What are the effects of taking aspidrol, and is it addictive? You know, should I need to take it to be convincing, I would like to know what it does to me..."

Ushgarak
Once I know what everyone is doing, Bardock.

"As I say, it is a stimulant," says Fisto, "and hence is favoured by the rich; it is very much known as a businessman's drug, but cut down, cut up and, frankly, posionous variants are finding the way onto the streets on many Republican worlds- a few years ago, dozens. Now, hundreds. it is very very addictive indeed and I highly recommend you go nowhere near it.

"The other issue, Gallagher, is providing you with a decent cover. Only the very rich use the facilities on Spiridos and constructing a convincing affluent background takes time. So if you are amenable, we have a more personal solution for you.

"A genuine member of the Klinge-Faust family, accompanied by a genuine Family Protector, has his cover built in. Your extended family does in fact use the facilities semi-regularly."

Alkaselzer
"I will do my best to avoid it, then," Gallagher replies. "Mind tricks will suffice."

"Well! I certainly hope that my family has nothing to do with the smuggling itself," Gallagher replies. "But yes, that sounds just fine! Very decent cover indeed. Shall I go under an assumed name, or as myself?"

Bardock42
If the briefing is over, I would do some research about Casilis in general and First Minister Skorzeny and the Senator of Casilis. Would the Jedi Archives be a good way to start such a research?

Ushgarak
"It's very unlikely that they do," says Fisto, "because if there is one place where the drugs won't be being sold illegally, it will be on Spiridos itself.

"You can choose yourself what name to use. Andro," says Fisto, "we thought you could go as a Family Protector as well. Gallagher's Protector Zaland can show you what is needed."

Alkaselzer
"That's good," Gallagher nods. "I will go along as my uncle. Lesser-known member of the family, usually found drunk in a downtown theater somewhere."

"And listen to Zaland, Andro," Gallagher says with a nod. "He knows quite a lot about bodyguarding duties, even if I am a Jedi."

bobcrickett
"The Sanctuary? We must defend that place from harm at all costs! I've been there; excellent source of information. Quite an enjoyable place for one such as I."

"What kind of research, Master Mundi?" Jelena asks when he mentions researching. "I would think of Cassillis' past dealings, regarding firearms, though it is most likely not on record..."

Ushgarak
"That is certainly the sort of area you should be thinking about," says Mundi,"trying to find out as much as possible before you get there. However, as I mentioned, Cassilis has no weapons; it is a pacifist world."

Bardock42
"Will we be allowed to take our Sabres with us?"

bobcrickett
"We are Jedi, why shouldn't we?" Jelena says to Bardock, not in a mean way, but more of a matter-of-fact way.

"But it being a pacifist world makes this investigation all the more awkward. Did you have anything else in mind that we should look into for research?"

Ushgarak
"It's not actually illegal to carry weapons on Cassilis if you are licensed, as Jedi are," says Mundi. "They simply have no culture of weaponry in of themselves, and it is illegal for any of them to have such licenses.

"I think you should probably identify what sort of approach you want to take and then make your research based on that. In any case, your mission is due to leave in 24 hours; once you are ready, head to Cassilis in any way that suits you; you have been granted permission to land at the Sanctuary itself and meat with the Government there."

bobcrickett
"That sounds splendid, Master Mundi," Jelena replaces with a gracious, slight bow. "We will take my ship, if we can...?" She looks to Roan and Marcus, seeing if they have any objections to taking her sleek starship over Roan's bulky freighter.

Jazzman_78
"Yes, Master Fisto, I should fit the role of protector well." Andro turns to Gallagher. "I would indeed apprecitate Zland's input. I am afraid I am unfamilliar with the customs of your world. Do I call you Master, or is there another honoriffic used by your clan? I don't suppose your family hires Jedi as protectors do they?" he grins, pointing to his Lightsaber.

Bardock42
Marcus is not with us anymore

Fire
are we in final groups now?

Alkaselzer
Gallagher chuckles slightly.

"Sir will suffice, Andro," Gallagher replies, smiling. "And no, only renegades fulfill bodyguarding duties such as those, not that my family has need currently. It did in the past...but..."

Gallagher trails off for a moment, but resumes the conversation. "Sir will suffice, and I trust you will keep that lightsaber hidden, as I will keep mine."

Gallagher pushes his lightsaber deep into his robes, keeping it accessable but concealed.

Ushgarak
"I'm sorry," says Fisto, "but this is an underocver mission. I mean that,. You must maintain character all the way through and be secure against any attempts to expose you.

"You may not bring your lightsabres."

Marcus- seems so, if you are sure?

Alkaselzer
"Oh!" Gallagher says, taking the lightsaber from his cloak. He had never been parted with it before, but nonetheless hands it to Master Fisto. "I trust that I can leave that in your safe-keeping, Master Fisto?"

Tptmanno1
I, for one, would like to talk to the Senator, (Provided he's there.)
Jelena, your the scholar, Look up the history of any sort of disagreements on Cassilis, Or any indication of what these Rebels might want. What they believe in, what made them rebel, ect.. Use the Archives...

(Ush's blatent plagarism? Combat mission, supercomputer, Deep Thought, 42???)

Bardock42
(42 is always good)

What shall I do *how do i refer to roan?*

Tptmanno1
Roan...
I'm not a Master, just a Knight like you all....

Whatever you wanna do, you could come with me and talk to the Senator, or help Jelena. unless you have another idea... I'm open for suggestions.

Ushgarak
It's also no Padawans whilst undercover- not relevant to you two of course.

It also means you must be VERY careful about the use of overt force powers.

Roan's 'just' a knight, Bardock- call him Roan.

The Senator's name is Duguid and Mundi says you may certainly talk to him.

Bardock42
I will acompany you then, Roan.

Tptmanno1
Sounds good,
And I'm making sure to take Sunda... Even if he doesn't like it, Round him out and teach him some usefull social skills.

Jazzman_78
Andro did his best to conceal his disapointment, but he was not sure he was entirely succesful. He undid his lightsaber's holster from his belt, and following Gallagher's lead handed it to Master Fisto without a word.

"Well, Sir, I still have my fists and my wits. They will suffice."

(Ush, I know Andro couldn't hit a Bantha from three meters away with a blaster, but would he benefit at all from a vibroblade? Or is it just fists and wits after all? I don't care, I was just wondering if I should take a melee weapon. Wether for actual use or appearance sake as a bodyguard.)

Alkaselzer
Depends on your Combat Tricks, Andro. If you took Melee Weapon tricks, you should bring along some sort of weapon. Otherwise, you get to show evil-doers the fine arts of Teras Kasi.

Jazzman_78
(Oh, and about the use of Force powers. Not that I have many that are useful without a saber, or the skill to back them up if I did. But do the combat tricks count as Force powers? If not, what 'pool' do I draw their power from?)

Jazzman_78
(I type slow. I missed your last post Gallagher. No, I took the basic martial arts tree, that's why I wondered is a melee weapon was useless to me. No matter, I just didn't want to short myself of a useful piece of equipment if I was. As I said, my fists and wits will do. Well, my fists, anyway.

I'm leaving for work soon, but otherwise I'm ready to start when you and Ush are. Do I need to prepare in anyway before we leave? Like declare any equipment I want. Oh, would my contact with Master Tinn be of any benefit, in so far as advice or tips before we go? Also, is Zeland comming too, or will Ush just have him gove me some pointers? Sorry about all the question, first regular mission and all, trying to think of everything at once I guess.)

Ushgarak
You aren't the vibroblade type, Andro, and you would look very odd carrying one.

As originally asked for, the Jedi wanted someone who was good at fighting without a Lightsabre to protect Gallagher... just in case.

But Combat Tricks are entirely mundane.

No need to get too detailed about equipment in this game, but any prep you want to make is fine. I likely won't kick things off in actual plot events until tomorrow.

-

This means a trip to the Senate, Roan! That's big business; any prep you want to make?

Bardock42
I would like to know something about the senator. Since when is he in the Senate, what are his political views, his assosciation on his homeplanet, age, (is the senator male by the way?).

bobcrickett
Jelena will also do some researching with Bardock, on past disputes on Cassillis, reasons for the Rebels doing what they are, any past uprisings, etcetera.

Jazzman_78
(Sounds good to me. Andro is a pretty simple man as far as 'tools' go. So no further prep for me. I'm ready whenever. Good luck to us, Gallagher, adn good luck to everyone else.)

2Tidus!
"Master Marcus! It's a joy we meet again and are assigned on the same mission!" said Vlad realising it. The Nautolian didn't look much different. "What a coincedence, both pupils of Master Windu grouped for the second time and assigned on the same mission"

Ushgarak
Ok, Duguide has been Senator for 8 years, we was appointed by (and is a member of) the Z'har. He is male, middle-aged and his political record shows a distaste for the growing power of the Trade Federation and other such concerns- he voted to censure them over the Naboo invasion and he backed the law after the Jedi investigations of two years ago to restrict the arms race of the Techno Union. He's pretty quiet, though; he doesn't make waves in the Senate.

-

Ok, Jelena, you are going to check out the records you can find.

Now the Archives are not a political library. However, one thing you do get a vibe of very quickly is how very old both Cassilis and the Z'har are. In fact, in the entire Archives, there is no other organisation that is as old as the Jedi itself- except the Z'har. They are there right from the start. Even the current Senate is only 1000 years old.

Cassilis itself doesn't feature much in the Archives- many of the relevant records are probably in the Sanctuary, of course, it being the trump card of all libraries. The Sanctuary is, in fact, older than the Temple; it has never moved, whilst many, many millenia ago, the Jedi were not always on Coruscant.

In a combination of that, and relevant stellarnet records... you can't find any evidence of political trouble on Cassilis... ever.

Bardock42
"Hmm he seems to be a supporter of the Republic, so it seems strange that he would not approve of the Jedi helping his people out. It will be interesting to meet him in person"

Ushgarak
Very much a supporter- the day a Senator from Cassilis doesn't support the Republic, the Universe is probably coming to an end. It is as synonomous with the Republic as Coruscant itself.

BTW, if anyone wants to use Contacts, Allies, or Mentors (or Ties) to help, this is the time.

Bardock42
I won't.

bobcrickett
"Odd," Jelena says, stroking one of her lekku while reading the information. "Why would problems begin now?"

She will go to her former Master, Trogari Besh, for a few ideas to share with her regarding the intent of the Rebels.

Ushgarak
Besh always has time for you, Jelena. What do you wish to ask him?

Ushgarak
Predictive results are in! I am surprised how many only have Dreams.

Marcus- congrats in being strong with the Living today. Instincts bags you two re-rolls for this Episode. Don't forget them! People keep doing that

Gallagher- your spent point is refunded. You got +4 on this roll anyway, which was a strong pass. Unfortunately you cannot get a Major Revelation with Dreams.

Good rolling today- Roan gets a pass.

And so does Jelena! At least one Foresight result today...

That's all for this story folks. Better luck next time to the others.

bobcrickett
Hurray! Jelena is pleased with that.

Jelena wishes to ask her former mentor, which is a she not a he stick out tongue , what her views on the trouble on Cassillis are. This has never happened before, why start now?

Alkaselzer
Well, as long as I got something. I do need to get further premonition powers...

Gallagher is set for the mission, in any case, and will contact Zaland to make sure that he arrives at the Temple before they leave.

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Fire
I'll go with vlad.

"There is no such coincidence, The force wills it."... pauze ... "I just hope you don't have to save me again"

But atleast Balek's dead, so that's one less worrie

Ushgarak

bobcrickett
blink

Ushgarak
Jedi worried by their visions might want to remember what I said would be a factor in this game at the end of the Jedi preview...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=335156&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=4

Bardock42
Its going to be a whole lot darker...cause we are going downhill big grin

Lord Melkor
Yes, Jelena, you are not ready for the darkness that is coming, it will consume you.... Jedi! ( Can I roleplay the fears of Jedi and temptation of Darkside? I just can`t stop myself from making evil comments, help!)

Ushgarak
Well, the bit I meant is the Jedi having disturbing premonitions about straightforward missions.

Fire
Well Melkor as long as you cut it once the real missions begin it's ok

Bardock42
Originally posted by Fire
Well Melkor as long as you cut it once the real missions begin it's ok

I agree melkor, we would have to cut you up really bad if you don't

Fire
Nah it's just that two stories is hard enough to follow as it is
wiv another person who's not even related (most likely) commenting on things it will not help

Lord Melkor
Okay, sorry, I will post comments in General Discussion then!

Those exam sessions always make me a bit mentally unstable.

Fire
yep, but feel free to post in here now

Ushgarak
Ok, Marcus and Vlad, your buddy Windu has your briefing.

"The time has come," says Windu, "to do something about the Cult of Charaeus. They have gone too far."

Fire
"Very well Master what do you wish us to do?"

Ushgarak
"You had best know the situation first," says Windu.

"Four days ago, the Cult launched a well-planned attack on a civilian liner known as the Orion Phoenix. What was unusual about the attack, other than it being on a cruise liner when the Cult normally attacks cargo vessels, was that the Phoenix was one of a new generation of liners in the area, where an attempt has been made to increase security lately. It was carrying a very large and well-trained security compliment. They seemed to deliberately choose this target regardless. Sadly the security proved unable to prevail. The ship was taken and everyone on board was slaughtered.

"Sadly, that area of space has long had to put up with such instances, once or twice a year. This attack, however, was the third in as many weeks."

Fire
'So for some reason they have upped the number of attacks in the last weeks and they also started targetting cruise liners -specificly one that was pretty well defended- Was it Transporting anything or anyone of value. I know they normally only care about technology and not about people"

Ushgarak
"This is indeed a mysterious part of the situation. The ship was not caryying anything of particular value, though the local authorities have more details.

"Charaeus has always been a delicate situation, Marcus, Obviously, in a perfect situation they would have been extinguihsed centuries ago- but they live outside the Republic where we have no jurisidction. To take them out requires Senatorial approcal to what would effectively be an invasion of another world- a declaration of war. The Senate is exceptionally loathe to do such things, and disturbingly callous to the fate of those on the border worlds. The Cult may be vicious but they are not stupid, they knew just how far they could push with their occasional raids into Republican space and get away with it.

"Now, indeed, things have changed, They have abandoned all caution, and these attacks amount to virtual invasion of the Republic! So now, the Senatorial position has been changed, and we have a mandate to take action.

"You re jot expected to destroy the entire Cult oyurself, Marcus- it occupites a world, after all. But the worlds there have long called for help from the Order and we can now give it. Co-orindate local security and see what you can do to help. Your contact is on the planet Alzarious, largest and most capable of the worlds in the area.

Your mission is broad- stop the Cult attacks. We suspect force will be a necessary part of this operation, but do it in the way that will lead to the least amount of outright warfare. If you can convince the cult leaders to desist, by showing them how serious you are about defending the area, do so. If worse comes to the worse... things are left to your discretion, Marcus. They are attacking the Republic. Eliminate the Cult leaders if you must."

Fire
"Very well Master it will be done. Anything else?" I hope this doesn't end up like Droben

Ushgarak
"Yes, Marcus, there is one other thing. I don't want you to thik this is the reason we are showing interest, but it is highly significant.

There was a passenger on the Phoenix. Her name is Sareena.

Sareena is a Jedi, Marcus. I understand she is currently unaccounted for."

Fire
Ok!?

"Hmm.... I assume local authorities didn't know that she was a jedi?"

Ushgarak
"She was off-duty, visiting friends. There was no particular reason for anyone to know, but on the other hand she would have had to check in to the flight with her lightsabre; she would have had no reason to keep things secret.

"Of course, that there was a Jedi on board should have been the stroke of luck that saved the liner. We are... unclear on what went wrong."

Fire
"If they can defeat a jedi, something is definitly wrong down there. We will not fail you Master Windu"

bobcrickett
Originally posted by bobcrickett
Jelena wishes to ask her former mentor, which is a she not a he stick out tongue , what her views on the trouble on Cassillis are. This has never happened before, why start now?

I know, less important, but needs to be done for Jelena's sake. wink

Ushgarak
"Very well then, Marcus," says Windu "Discretionary power for the area is being put into your hands, as befits your status as Master. May the Force be with you."

-

Ok, ok, gee!

Besh tells you that there have been many attacks on the Z'har over time. Inevitable really- a collection of the smartest people on the planet, you can guess what debates there have been over arrogance, snobbery, an effective class system, and so on. Cassilis is unusual in that it is a highly traditional world- like the words that make use of it, such as Alderan and so forth, all the oldest worlds of the Republic- yet it never had a caste system- like Kings, Queens, Princesses, and so on. Basically, the Z'har replaced all of that. On the other hands, the rule of the Z'har has made Cassilis what it is- peaceful, stable, and culturally enlightened. She, like everyone else, is amazed at the need for Jedi arbitration and cannot understand why the Z'har have not negotiated a settlement already- it's not as if they lack the intellectual capacity to do so. Other than your force powers, there's not a whole lot more the Jedi can bring to the situation, so it must be your independant authority that is needed.

Fire
"May the force be with you too Master" *bows and takes his leave*

bobcrickett
"Thank you, Master," Jelena says with the same, slight bow of respect for her Master.

2Tidus!
Vlad bows down again before following Marcus. "Maybe we should patrol the area where the Cult attacks the most, and once they attack we track them?"

Tptmanno1
OK,
From our premonitions... here's what I got.
Our mission is gonna be funky, and I get to stay out of the lower librarys!
There is going to be dark side presence and I'll bet both sides are wrong, we are going to have to be VERY careful...

Tptmanno1
Oh and an assasination...

And to the Senator.
"Thank you for seeing me. I'm sure your time is precious, as is ours, so I will get straight to the point. We are going to your home planet, we have heard of some sort of rebel force having dealings and possibly attacking the Z'har. I would like to know any reason or origin of this rebel force, so I'm not going in blind. I only wish to asses and amend this situation, and harm to your planet would not be benificial for any of us."

Fire
"Sounds pretty decent Vlad, I say we make our way to Alzarious, talk to local authorities first and see what comes up then. So how are we going to get their, by commercial liner or by jedi space craft?"

Ushgarak
The Senate is as busy as ever, Roan, with hundreds of functionaries wandering round at speed. No-one has time for a Jedi and even with permission to be here and an appointment you find it difficult to get through.

Senator Duguid meets you in his private offices. He is a slight, somewhat balding man; well dressed, and wearing the gold emblem of the Z'har at his lapel. He greets you warmly and listens.

"Your concern is appreciated, Master Jedi," he says. "It's been an unfortunate situation for everyone concerned. There is indeed a small group of political troublemakers on Cassilis, but luckily the situation has now been resolved. I have assurances form Skorzeny himself that a solution to the matter will be complete inside three days. So there is really no need for you to concern yourselves at all!"

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>