Padme in 'love'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sairarouge

yerssot
she barely had screentime, and when she had she had to cry or give one of lucas famous "lovelines" ... sand gets into everywhere no expression

she didn't get a fair change in the movie imo

LandoSpeeder2
Yeah, she was in the movie as much as GG was. they probably shot all her scenes in a week.

yerssot
only difference was that they couldn't cut her out of it wink

SithSpy
tru, and also i think they were trying to show how here love for anakin had consumed her. Had they left more of the political scenes in the movies I think you wouldve gotten a better look at the Padme we knew from the other two films

astrofan428
Hold me, like you by the lake on Naboo.....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Even Anakin looked annoyed at that point.

LandoSpeeder2
I hate it when she says "so love has blinded you?" man that just... OH! I hate that

astrofan428
She nearly derailed two of my favorite scenes, her scene with obi and her talk with ani on mustafar.

Lord Yoda
It isn' the actors fault it is the person who wrote the lines, but beside the point it had to be done no matter how many people disliked it.

adele2k5
couldnt you say that about leia and han like i love you i know you do, padme and anakin are only showing their emotions which is what this movie is about, its trying to say the reason he chose the darkside was to save a loved one not for the power.

Hybris
wtf are you guys talking about? Revenge of the SITH ==> if i'm not mistaking, that's the title of this movie, not Love of the Senator...

adele2k5
agen its just a bloody movie stop taking it outta context. the movie was aimed at anakins turmoil over his emotions.

Darth_Otaku
Now where's that link...ahhh

www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/240527

ab2421
"hold me like you did by the lake... when there was no war no politics no plotting... nothing but our love"

"I heard terrible things... that you killed Younglings .. you joined the dark side"

Whether or not its her fault, her acting was the worst of the movie... her best scene was when she SILENTLY looked out a window and thats saying something about her

/// well maybe she wasnt as bad as bad as mace "im goona end this once and for all --waits two minutes and gets hand chopped off--- ... " what happened to most "efficient" jedi warrior of AOTC

Bicnarok

ab2421

DeVi| D0do
Padme is such a stupid name...

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by ab2421
Some girls who saw the movie told me that they were actually looking forward to seeing the movie just for the romantic parts.. but even they (complete ditzes) were like "that was stupid"

probably because there wasn't enough of it for them.... I really thought the first love scene, when they first see each other, was very, very good and very well acted

Red Superfly
Padme & younglings, I can't help but laugh whenever I hear those words.

Xam
she sucked angel

Stunrun
what have people got against a bit of crying or romance blink

Ok, so i admit it almost got unbearable in Clones, but there love story was executed brilliantly this time around imo. You cant tell a single Star Wars movie without a bit of 'believable' emotion - which it was during the scene on Mustafar

Red Superfly
I just wanted Anakin to hurry up with the killing and kick off with Obi-Wan.

Stunrun
The scene between Anakin, Padme and Obi-Wan NEEDED to be therewink however great the fight scenes are, the emotional scenes are alot greater imo

Red Superfly
Yeah. I loved it.

I was kinda being a bit awkward just for the hell of it there.

I personally didn't care about the saber fights. I liked the bits in between a heckuva lot more.

Stunrun
I suppose with all the pre-spoilers, we all knew that it was about to kick off right after this scene, so admittedly i couldnt wait!

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Yeah. I loved it.

I was kinda being a bit awkward just for the hell of it there.

I personally didn't care about the saber fights. I liked the bits in between a heckuva lot more.
I agree... the duels were really nothing special...

But Natalie Portman just really sucked in this film. Almost as much as she did in Episode II. I blame the writing and direction more than anything though.

Red Superfly
I just blame her.

Stupid b!tch.

eek!

DeVi| D0do
I just blame her.

Stupid b!tch.

eek!
Lol. Yeah... she could have done a lot better even with what she was given.

But still... She's bearable in this film. I simply can't watch her and Hayden in AOTC. It makes me physically sick.

Stunrun
"What are you gonna do?" - Pamela Anderson could of pulled that line off betterlaughing out loud

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Stunrun
"What are you gonna do?" - Pamela Anderson could of pulled that line off betterlaughing out loud

laughing too true

Red Superfly
Yeah, I thought she was a helluva lot better in this one than in Episode II.

My neck was physically sore after all that gagging during Episode II.

I don't really blame her though. I was feeling a little controversial at the time. She did have "younglings" in her lines after all, which is a great mood killer in ANY scene, regardless of emotional momentum.

DeVi| D0do
Yeah, I thought she was a helluva lot better in this one than in Episode II.

My neck was physically sore after all that gagging during Episode II.

I don't really blame her though. I was feeling a little controversial at the time. She did have "younglings" in her lines after all, which is a great mood killer in ANY scene, regardless of emotional momentum.
Haha, I know... That scene with Obi Wan would have been great if no one mentioned 'younglings'. I laughed when Obi Wan said "...killing younglings" and put his hand over his mouth...

Red Superfly
Maybe he was trying to stop laughing.

I mean, if it was real, Obi-Wan and Yoda would be like:

Obi-Wan: "Holy crap!"

Yoda: "F**k!"

Obi-Wan: "The poor younglings........."

Yoda: "........."

Obi-Wan: "......pfffff ahahahahahaaaa!"

Yoda: "Comedy, it is, hmmm hmhmmmm"

Obi-Wan: "Damn straight. Younglings my arse"

sairarouge
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

But Natalie Portman just really sucked in this film. Almost as much as she did in Episode II. I blame the writing and direction more than anything though.

It is not even that. It's just that the integrity of her character was lost or something, I dunno. I understand that the love scenes were imporant, but having her act like a school-girl in love was just sickening.

I had to laugh picturing her in her Queen Amadala get-up and saying those 'I love you more' lines...lol, it just doesn't seem right. wink

Sarah

Lazerlike42
Well when she's the queen she has to act in a certain way. When she is not she is human....

Try and picture Bush or Blair being all lovey dovey lol.... that won't seem right either, but I am sure they do....

DeVi| D0do
M'lady is another stupid word...

DeVi| D0do
as is Shmi.

The Biker Scout
Id love to Love Padme wink wink cool

Darth_Otaku
me too wink wink

ab2421
Originally posted by Darth_Otaku
me too wink wink

Is that picture real or photoshopped?

----
It was just really bad....
"How could you say such a thing" -- about Anakin turning
or "What are you going to do"- to Anakin, with eyes of intense curiosity..

and the only part of that final scene on Mustafar that was good acting was when she fell on the floor

Jedikahuna
Oh man I need to find a place for "real" Star Wars fans what do you kids know about these movies. you the acting was stiff and sloppy but go back and watch the original (before it was called a new hope"wink in 1977 a movie came out that was cheesie wit poor acting and unbelievable FX and changed the way I look at movies Nay the way the world looks at movies. and this one joined the two sets of movies together a feat that I would have bet agents they have to have the romance it goes along with the other emotions that make up the dark side.

ab2421
Great... it's been established that the film has great effects and revolutionized the effects in films... Ok... so does that mean the dialogue and direction has to suck... um, no.

You dont need to be defensive... 99.9% people in here are fans of the movies... there's nothing wrong with analyzing them and pointing out their (glaringly obvious) flaws

Jedikahuna
That flaw runs in the whole series.

The Biker Scout
I agree

ArynCrinn
Yeah...quit complaining about the acting in the prequels,
the acting really wasn't much better in the original trilogy.
but star wars isnt'about the acting.
it's about the great story!

And all those people complaining about cgi, I really need to ask them for a better way of doing what was done in the films.
-10,000 battledroids in stop motion?
-Yoda puppet looking real good while figting?
-All those clone trooopers in stop motion as well?
-Do a whole coruscant miniature and use stop motion for the traffic going past?
If you tihnk this cgi is bad, go and see superman 2...

Red Superfly
Padme's acting isn't what botherred me, it was something else......

I dunno about you guys, but Padme got fat.

ab2421
Originally posted by ArynCrinn
Yeah...quit complaining about the acting in the prequels,
the acting really wasn't much better in the original trilogy.
but star wars isnt'about the acting.
it's about the great story!

And all those people complaining about cgi, I really need to ask them for a better way of doing what was done in the films.
-10,000 battledroids in stop motion?
-Yoda puppet looking real good while figting?
-All those clone trooopers in stop motion as well?
-Do a whole coruscant miniature and use stop motion for the traffic going past?
If you tihnk this cgi is bad, go and see superman 2...

Why do people act so defensive and try to compare the movies to something in hopes that it looks better... why cant you just accept that the movies aren't perfect

on this board its all about "the acting isnt that bad .. go look at the original trilogy .. wut piece of crap acting that was" or "cummon the cgi isnt that bad.. go look at scooby doo"

sairarouge
Padme's acting isn't what botherred me, it was something else......

I dunno about you guys, but Padme got fat.

laughing

As for those of you saying that the acting sucked all the way through the orginal trilogy, I disagree. I think that Harrison did an awesome job and his comedic timing was great.

But...you're missing my point. I'm not saying her acting was bad, it has nothing to do with that. I just don't her 'acting' the way she did in rots is credible to her as Queen Amadala. Although some brought up the point that obviously she isn't going to act the same in her personal life.

I suppose I just thought that who she was when she was Queen was who she was characteristicly, you know, like her integrity and class wasn't just a show when she was in her Queen get-up.

She deserved more class than 'I love you more ani' type chit.

Sarah wink

ArynCrinn

ArynCrinn
And why does everyone complain about dialogue?
Do you fully understand the many different cultures in star wars and the many different ways that each of them speak?
And do you really have a complete understanding of the characters?

and as for the directing...
I really don't know what's wrong with that.

My real problem with episode 3, is that is was too short.
It made everything seem so rushed.

DeVi| D0do
On the dialogue:

George knows he's not a great writer... He doesn't care because he tells the story through visuals and music, not dialogue...

From The Making of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith:

Lucas: "... If you're just cutting dialogue, it doesn't matter; it's just talking heads and the emphasis is all on the dialogue. But in my films, the dialogue is not where the movie is. My films are basically in the graphics. The emotional impact come from the music - and from juxtaposing one image with the next."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.