who can be a MATCH for the silver surfer?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
for my money he's the most overhyped character on the board. i like him a lot, but some of the stuff people write about him is ludicrous. i've read everything from his power is limitless, to where he should be placed in the level of celestials!! and apparently he can turn martian manhunter into fire. when he comes up in threads, he always kicks everyone's ass easily, or he's put up against someone who is so powerful they kick HIS ass easily.

so, here's the question: who is capable of giving him a great fight!!? everyone claims he'd kill supes and martian manhunter without breaking a sweat. so . . . i guess we're looking for someone MORE powerful than supes, but less than, say, thanos?? i don't know. i think it's gonna be a short list . . .

mr.smiley
King Thor possibly
mr.marvel possibly

I realy can't say surfer is overhyped.Did you see him take out Cable like it was nothing?Cable even deystroyed his surfboard and SS just made it rematerialize like nothing.

armandovalles
Exiles Hyperion - easily
Hyperion - yes
Gladiator - no
Thor - no
Sentry - yes
Genis-Vell - yes
King Thor - yes
Beta Ray Bill - no
Drax the Destroyer:
> with Power Gem - yes
> without Power Gem - no
Asgardian Destroyer - yes

Anyone above Thanos would also beat the snot out of SS.

DigiMark007
Yeah, Thanos and up beats him. King Thor is at Odin level, so obviously he'd get the win. I put Surfer on the same level as Genis-Vell, Loki, etc. and just above guys like Thor, Gladiator, Dr. Strange, Drax...those types.

-DM

leonidas
<<I put Surfer on the same level as Genis-Vell, Loki, etc. and just above guys like Thor, Gladiator, Dr. Strange, Drax...those types.>.

hmm, i curious digi - are you saying that loki is more powerful than thor?? they've fought literally dozens of times and loki can't beat thor without resorting to some type of trickery. and mad thor (which is really just thor unleashed) beat ss pretty badly - BEFORE he got the gem. not to mention that early ss where thor was in my opinion shown to be the more powerful. he even absorbed ss blasts easily. so . . . why on par with loki, but less than thor?

stormfront13
could the new scarlet Witch be a match for him???

armandovalles
Actually, i totally disagree. SS is no where near Genis-Vell cuz Genis-Vell kicked King Thor's ass, and SS sometimes gets his ass kicked by normal Thor. And Scarlet Witch would beat the shit out of him. Plus, Drax went toe-to-toe with Thanos for a whole 2 issues, in which they destroyed many planets in the process of their battle. Gladiator is definitely above SS physically and stuff, but SS would always beat him because SS can just shoot his with Radiation, which is Glad's weakness.

whirlysplat
Duplicate Boybig grin

Keep the faith stick out tongue

Keep it Whirly big grin

Crimson Phoenix
Originally posted by stormfront13
could the new scarlet Witch be a match for him???

I think the new scarlet witch would be more than a match for him. She's become exponentially powerful.

Quick Freeze
well superman>thor
so if surfer has a hard time with thor then superman would definately give him a fight.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
well superman>thor
so if surfer has a hard time with thor then superman would definately give him a fight.

shhhhhh the Marvel fans will get you for daring to speak the truthbig grin

juggernaut74
well superman>thor
kgkg and Cosmic Cube are gonna eat you up for saying that.

But imo you are right on that.

Quick Freeze
all well whistle

Sentry
Supes would give Surfer a great fight. But would lose. big grin

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Sentry

ho hum stick out tongue

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by Sentry

well in terms of potential that sounds about right to me, but when have we ever seen a full potential surfer?

juggernaut74
Have we ever seen a full potential Superman?

whirlysplat
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Have we ever seen a full potential Superman?

So true smile

black robb
Originally posted by leonidas
for my money he's the most overhyped character on the board. i like him a lot, but some of the stuff people write about him is ludicrous. i've read everything from his power is limitless, to where he should be placed in the level of celestials!! and apparently he can turn martian manhunter into fire. when he comes up in threads, he always kicks everyone's ass easily, or he's put up against someone who is so powerful they kick HIS ass easily.

so, here's the question: who is capable of giving him a great fight!!? everyone claims he'd kill supes and martian manhunter without breaking a sweat. so . . . i guess we're looking for someone MORE powerful than supes, but less than, say, thanos?? i don't know. i think it's gonna be a short list . . . only one man could defeat the Surfer.......BATMAN!!!

Quick Freeze
well supes cant harness a power boost like surfer unless he lives inside a yellow star for a while which is essentially superman prime, right? but its said surfer can harness unlimited strength, faster than warp speed, complete matter manipulation etc. . .

juggernaut74
He has to harness his strength which takes time.

He has Warpspeed but only in space.

Complete matter manipulation? Thats hard to say for sure.

Quick Freeze
thats just what ive heard on the boards, i havent seen it myself, actually, now that i think about it, if glad and surfer are physical equals and surfer doesn know he supe's weekeness, theyd be pretty evenly matched

whirlysplat
thats just what ive heard on the boards, i havent seen it myself, actually, now that i think about it, if glad and surfer are physical equals and surfer doesn know he supe's weekeness, theyd be pretty evenly matched

big grin

DigiMark007
hmm, i curious digi - are you saying that loki is more powerful than thor?? they've fought literally dozens of times and loki can't beat thor without resorting to some type of trickery. and mad thor (which is really just thor unleashed) beat ss pretty badly - BEFORE he got the gem. not to mention that early ss where thor was in my opinion shown to be the more powerful. he even absorbed ss blasts easily. so . . . why on par with loki, but less than thor?

No, I'm not saying Loki's better than Thor...but their, um, relationship is special. Yeah Thor beats Loki, but A. he's the good guy...it has to happen. and B. Maybe Thor wins heads-up (and he does, I'm not arguing that), but I honestly think that Loki might be able to beat more people than Thor. All Thor has is strength and some extra stuff because of the hammer. Loki once put his head back on after it was chopped off and suffered no ill effects. He's given powers to people like Absorbing Man and others (AM is the only one that springs to mind right now)...and AM has taken on the Avengers more than once and given them decent fights.

All in all, Loki's more versatile...and in a neutral battle (where the combatants aren't as familiar with each other as Loki and Thor are with one another) magic is always a decent trump card. That's my justification for putting Loki higher.

-DM

kgkg

only your guess

which is wrong

long pig
I'd say SS and Strange are on nearly the same level....Strange w/prep he is far far far above SS.
Strange can take him. imo

leonidas
<<That's my justification for putting Loki higher.>>

it's a good one, and it's where i actually thought you were heading. loki matches up better aginst energy wielders - least it seems that way. but that damn hammer - it can absorbs so much!! and i agree - ss very much = loki. i just think thor's more powerful than both. kinda like supes BUT with magic AND no kryptonite . . .

<<thats just what ive heard on the boards, i havent seen it myself, actually, now that i think about it, if glad and surfer are physical equals and surfer doesn know he supe's weekeness, theyd be pretty evenly matched>>

i agree with this also. but . . .

someone will come on and say 'ss can destroy a planet!! supes can't survive that kind of shot!!' well, actually he can and has. did anyone see him battling imperiex and its emissaries?! (who by the way, seem copies of galactus's heralds in many ways . . .) it would be ENORMOUSLY difficult for ss to put supes out with ANY level of energy blasts. someone will say - 'but ss attacks at greater than light speed!!' true, but in space - which is the only place these 2 noble sould would dare battle - supes can come close. someone will say 'ss will transport him away from the yellow sun!!' he could try, but supes's body retains its stored energy for a long time . . . and what's to keep supes from dragging ss into the heart of a YELLOW sun? 'but ss can't be put out by brute force!' yes he can - thor did it. supes is stronger than thor, attacks faster, AND has WICKED powerful energy beams of his own that ss wouldn't be able to absorb if supes is busy raining high impact blows on his head. and supes has that . . . intangible thing that makes him even MORE than the sum of his powers. what did the quintessence call him - a nexxus creature?

ss is LIKELY more powerful overall -- at least more versatile -- and its hard to counter the 'well, ss could turn a rock into kryptonite!' argument, even though ss rarely uses his molecular rearrangement capabilities (he likely would have to in this fight though). but if he didn't know supes's weakness . . . yes. it would indeed be a HELLAFIGHT, and i'm not sure WHO would win . . .

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by armandovalles
Actually, i totally disagree. SS is no where near Genis-Vell cuz Genis-Vell kicked King Thor's ass, and SS sometimes gets his ass kicked by normal Thor. And Scarlet Witch would beat the shit out of him. Plus, Drax went toe-to-toe with Thanos for a whole 2 issues, in which they destroyed many planets in the process of their battle. Gladiator is definitely above SS physically and stuff, but SS would always beat him because SS can just shoot his with Radiation, which is Glad's weakness.

Genis is certainly above the Silver Surfer. Anyone above Herald level would beat the Silver Surfer. It's as simple as that.

Cosmic Cube

Are you ever not bashing the Silver Surfer?

Silver Surfer travels far faster than light, even on Earth. Since you have all of his comics, you of all people should know this.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by long pig
I'd say SS and Strange are on nearly the same level....Strange w/prep he is far far far above SS.
Strange can take him. imo

Strange is more powerful than any of the Defenders. That would include Silver Surfer.

leonidas
i thought of strange and figured he would probably be more powerful. i think that would be an interesting battle between 2 heavy hitters.

Cosmic Cube
i thought of strange and figured he would probably be more powerful. i think that would be an interesting battle between 2 heavy hitters.

Not really. Strange is more powerful than the Silver Surfer. It's pretty simple. The battle wouldn't last very long at all. They are an extremely powerful alliance, but Strange would own him. He's the most powerful sorcerer in the multiverse for Christ's sake.

long pig
Ya know that Wizard top 10 most powerful character thing?

They didn't take into account that Strange has auto shields up 24/7, shields that take hits from Death and Galactus.
They said SS would speed blitz him before his shield would go up. nope.

SS couldn't get through those auto shields.

Cosmic Cube
Ya know that Wizard top 10 most powerful character thing?

They didn't take into account that Strange has auto shields up 24/7, shields that take hits from Death and Galactus.

SS couldn't get through those auto shields.

Yeah, just like Superman or Flash could get through them. That list is flawed. Personally, I think Wonder Woman can take Superman. I really doubt Flash could or would vibrate through Hulk. I don't even know why Professor Xavier made the list.

long pig
Flash could try, but he'd end up like Vision did when he tried the same thing.

Prof x was just there to appease the X-men fans.

Answer me this, could Prof x telepathic power be compaired to Moondragon w/gem telepathic power??

Cosmic Cube
Answer me this, could Prof x telepathic power be compaired to Moondragon w/gem telepathic power??

Hell no.

long pig
Strange owned her hard using only his telepathy, while she had the gem.
I wanted other opinions, i gotta guy right here saying Prof is above Strange telepathicly wise.
bullshit

FieryBalrog
well superman>thor

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10list.htm

whistle

long pig
Wiz' top ten isn't the most reliable source.

Superman should be able to take Thor imo.
Magic to Superman isn't like Kryptonite, Sup's body would be affected by magic just like anyone else in his class of durability would, that's all.
He isn't weak to it as much as some people seem to believe.

Superman could take Thor with speed blitzes and long range attacks.

grey fox
ME I kick him in his silver balls then hit him over the head with his surfbourd .

Sentry
Quasar could give Surfer a good fight. Better than Superman would. Could go either way with Quasar.

ZephroCarnelian
Gladiator would be a good match for him, if Surfer hadn't already said that he knows his weakness lol.

Supes is probably a better bet then, but only for a good fight. Supes as he is now couldn't beat Surfer imho.

Hal Jordan would be a good fight for Surfer.

Synchro
The Marvel ones were already mentioned, as for DC:

Dr. Fate(Hector Hall)
Swamp Thing
Johnny Sorrow(This guy has an "insta-kill" ability: Look at his face and your DEAD!)

Plus look at this scan, one of my favorites from Johnny(lucky someone on another forum posted it in there):

http://img175.echo.cx/my.php?image=jlajsavv837tb.jpg

Anyway, these 3 are the only ones I can think of right now. Im a bit drunk so I cant think properly at the moment.

Synchro
Oh yeah! how can I forget? The Infinity Man should definitely be on the list. He's a VERY VERY GOOD match for The Surfer.

juggernaut74

Now you guys are saying that list is wrong?

Or just when it benefits your opinion?

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Are you ever not bashing the Silver Surfer?

Silver Surfer travels far faster than light, even on Earth. Since you have all of his comics, you of all people should know this. I am not bashing Surfer just stating facts.

I am sorry you dont like it.

Why do you bring up the fact that I own all of Surfers comics? I clearly know more than you do.

whirlysplat
Solar big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.