Who can beat the GL Corps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Pick 6 Characters below Skyfather level that can take out the Green Lantern Corps, which in this situation consists of:

Hal Jordan
John Stewart
Alan Scott
Guy Gardner
Kyle Rayner
Kilowog

Scoobless
you should have just said all 3600 members of the corps.... that would make it tougher... 6 GL's aren't that tough in the cosmic scheme of things

armandovalles
yea, but the beings that fight them have to be BELOW SKYFATHER LEVEL.

Scoobless
Originally posted by armandovalles
yea, but the beings that fight them have to be BELOW SKYFATHER LEVEL.

yeah... but there are a lot of really powerful people below skyfather

even Hal Jordan managed to take out more than 6 GL's before the whole parralax thing

Sentry
Sentry
Genis Vell
Silver Surfer
Thor
Quasar
Jack Of Hearts

My team wins.

stick out tongue

Keep The Faith rock

whirlysplat
The Darkstars? maybe stick out tongue

armandovalles
Originally posted by Sentry
Sentry
Genis Vell
Silver Surfer
Thor
Quasar
Jack Of Hearts

Sentry (if he really did beat Galactus) is way above Skyfather

And Genis-Vell is way above Skyfather also. He kicked the shit out of King Thor, WHO IS A SKYFATHER.

Change Sentry and Genis-Vell to someone else.

Sentry
Originally posted by armandovalles
Sentry (if he really did beat Galactus) is way above Skyfather

And Genis-Vell is way above Skyfather also. He kicked the shit out of King Thor, WHO IS A SKYFATHER.

Change Sentry and Genis-Vell to someone else.

Sentry did not boast he killed Galactus. Your confusing him with your hero Exiles Hyperion. The one with the big mouth. Spiderman was the one who said he stalemated Galactus.

I'm going to hold off on Sentry for now until it's revealed in the New Avengers story arc 7 through 9 and the House Of M tie in with the New Avengers and see what he's actually capable off. His most impressive feat was battling the Void on one on one basis. Not ripping Carnage in half. All of earth's heroes were sh!tting themselves when they realized the Void had returned.

He's at least a little more powerful than Thor, but that doesn't put him above herald level. I was nice, and I didn't choose Thanos. He's below Skyfather level. Darkseid is as well.

armandovalles
so who are ur 2 replacements to replace Genis and Sentry, since they ARE BOTH ABOVE SKYFATHER!

whirlysplat
Dr Manhattan
Dr Fate

armandovalles
it wasnt u that posted that original list, u still have to give me 6 guys whirlysplat.

Scoobless
Silver Surfer
Morg
Thor
Gladiator
Hyperion
Mr Majestic

just for a purely physical, no magic (spells i mean... still got Thor) no mind assault team

armandovalles
thats a good team, and i think they may be able to beat the GL corps.

long pig
Mr Manhattan
Strange
Fate
SS
Constantine
Swampthing.

Strange protects the whole team with sheilds that no GL could ever break.

Then he kick backsand drink a beer while telepathicly attacking all the gl's and sending hordes of demons and shit after the GL .
The rest of the team just kicks everyone elses asses.

armandovalles
i think that team would lose.

Hal could take out SS.
Alan could take out Strange.
John could take out Mr. Manhattan.
Kilowog could take out Swamp Thing.
Kyle could take out Fate.
Guy could stalemate Constantine until he gets help from one of his teammates.

Sentry
Alan take out Strange? Swamp Thing will easily deal with Alan. He is one of a few GL's with that vulnerability to wood weakness. I'm pretty sure his daughter Jade has it too. Hal would give Surfer a great fight. But he'd lose. Kyle take out Fate? To the movies maybe. Fate whoops Kyle so fast it's not even funny. Strange and Manhattan could take the GL lot by themselves. Constantine could just kick back and have a few smokes.

Keep It Real rock

Believe In Sentry big grin

DigiMark007
The JSA seems to consider Alan their "Big Gun"...he's been labeled as such more than once in JSA comics. If that's the case, Cpt. Marvel is considered less, and by association Superman and any 'brawlers' like him too (i.e. Glad, Thor, etc.). And Hal, displaying his full power, is probably more powerful than anyone on the JLA. This battle isn't as lopsided as people think...even with 5 or 6 Sub-Skyfathers.

And I thought Alan's weakness to wood was gone?? Could be wrong...haven;t seen it come up in a long time in any comics.

-DM

whirlysplat
His Weakness to wood has gone big grin

Sentry
I don't know, I have some old school Sentinel comics where he still has that weakness.

armandovalles
no, he doesnt have it any more. In rebirth they stated that "because he no longer has a weakness to wood, he is now at his prime."

whirlysplat
I don't know, I have some old school Sentinel comics where he still has that weakness.

Its gone or is being ignored, to be honest that incarnation of GL should be laid to rest along with the JSA smile

Accept no imitations big grin

laughing

beer

armandovalles
hell no. Sentinel has proven to be BY FAR the most powerful of the 5 major GL's (John, Sentinel, Guy, Hal, Kyle), which he proved in GL: Rebirth #4 when he went toe-to-toe with Parallax all by himself.

Sentry
Doesn't mean he can't be beaten. Actually him and Hal are the only real threats on that team. Sentinel doesn't have recharge regularly like other GL's do. It states in the Green Lantern Secret Files 2005 Files & Origins, at the bottom of Hal's bio, they still have to recharge their rings once every 24 hours. Their a formidale team, but they would lose to long's, Scoobs, and my new team since Genis and Sentry are Skyfather level according to you:

Thanos
Darkseid
Jack Of Hearts
Silver Surfer
Quasar
Sersi

Darkseid and Thanos are below Skyfather level. stick out tongue

Keep It Real rock

Believe In Sentry big grin

whirlysplat
Herd Behaviour is a Comical thing big grin

Keep the faith rock

Free your mind big grin

ZephroCarnelian
Superman has the potential to disarm an army of GLs before they can react.

Read Red Son - even though it's a whatif, it shows what Supes is capable of.

If you try to take on those GLs with sheer power, you're pretty much going to lose. You're going to need either speed or magic to win the day.

the Darkone
These six will own the corp plain and simple.

Silver Surfer
Sersi
Adam Warlock
Thanos
Captain Marvel I
Binary

Juntai
Originally posted by DigiMark007
The JSA seems to consider Alan their "Big Gun"...he's been labeled as such more than once in JSA comics. If that's the case, Cpt. Marvel is considered less, and by association Superman and any 'brawlers' like him too (i.e. Glad, Thor, etc.). And Hal, displaying his full power, is probably more powerful than anyone on the JLA. This battle isn't as lopsided as people think...even with 5 or 6 Sub-Skyfathers.

And I thought Alan's weakness to wood was gone?? Could be wrong...haven;t seen it come up in a long time in any comics.

-DM That's because Alan Scott isnt a GL, he's become a conduit of the starheart, unlimmited power, the only reason he even has a physical form is because he wills it so. He's pretty much an unstoppable universal force at this point.

The OMAC used wood on him in the last JSA, and it worked pretty good.

the Darkone
Here another six

The runner
The Magus (adam warlock)
Odin
Tyrant
Godstalker
Desak

golem370
X-Man or Apocalypse Classic Juggernaunt

Fanboy
What is with the Red Son can anyone tell me about him I heard he held back the Green Lantern Corps.

golem370
Surtur

gautam
its BELOW skyfather level

id say..

Invisible Man
Thanos
Silver Surfer
Morg
Dr Strange
Dr Fate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.