Centre of gravity on the Death Star

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spekdah
where would it be?
In Ep 4 when the Falcon gets tractor beamed into the hangar it docks side on into the DeathStar which would make the "gravity-pull" from the top down to the bottom of the station.
But if the centre of the gravity-pull was in the middle of the Death Star this would mean that the Falcon docked front-end-on into the hanger ( with the ass up in the air)which means when the occupants disembarked the ship they wouldve fallen inwards towards the centre of the station.

maybe its something to do with the "magnetic shields" ? although I thought that was a purely " shield" thing.

Swanky-Tuna
It'd probably be in the center... but like all sci-fi, it has artificial gravity.

Wickerman
My general idea is that it acts like a space ship. When travelling it...travels, when stationary it either lies on the outer part of a planet's gravitational field so that it can orbit it (kind of like a satellite) or it just stays somewhere away from the planet. Now, no matter how far from the surrounding planets or local star it may be, their gravitational fields will most likely reach it anyway, but i suppose it might stay in one single place like real life shuttles, by the use of small thrusters that make up for the small gravitational pull on it. Also, being that large, i'd imagine it normally should have a gravitational pull of its own. Awww damn....its too early for this stuff.

~wickerman~

Master of B.S
why are you trying to ruin the starwars saga for us?

Gryn Jabar
Wouldn't the Death Star suck in SD's, and even SDDs by its gravity??

Ogami Itto
Hell no!! if our puny "starships" can defy the earths gravitational pull, so can SD

MistaMandalore
Didn't the SSD in ROTJ get sucked into the DS after that punk rebel flew his a-wing into it's bridge? I alway hated that part. The SSD was to badass to nose dive into the DS like that.

Ushgarak
Gravity + Star Wars = no sense = doesn't remotely matter.

spekdah
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Gravity + Star Wars = no sense = doesn't remotely matter.

stop trying to ruin my "starwars ruining" thread

RayIsGay
Its Called Star Wars Physics, the parts that make no sense physically, or anything like that, there is your reason!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.