Could Mace Windu take on Anakin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
I mean Mace defeated the Dark Emperor Sidious in a lightsaber battle, all he had to do was finish him off. Although you could argue that the Emperor was holding back in order for Anakin to arrive and make a choice, but that seems unlikely that he would take such a chance that Anakin would arrive on time, and it doesn't seem like the Emperor is someone who would take such risks so close to his plan coming to completion. I believe Mace could have taken out Anakin. If Obi-Wan could take on Anakin then Mace of course could.

orkaz
hmmmm a dunno thats a toughy, a think he probably could yer, its debatable because i think obi wan only won due to anakins arrogance! would be a good fight

Darth_Sidious01
Mace= aggresive, powerful, most of all Disciplined!!!
Anakin=aggresive, powerful, UNdisciplined!!
Mace would that that scruffy lookin punk

astrofan428
Anakin would have motivation in that fight, and for that I give it to Anakin. He has never liked Mace, and there is no lava around.

orkaz
hmmm would be a good little scuffle

Darth_Sidious01
I don't think Mace ever liked Anakin either stick out tongue
Or at least never trusted him stick out tongue
"Take a SEAT...young skywalker."

Shaggy2dope
obi one could hardly keep up what makes you think mace could?

astrofan428
Originally posted by Darth_Sidious01
I don't think Mace ever liked Anakin either stick out tongue
Or at least never trusted him stick out tongue
"Take a SEAT...young skywalker."

Mace may not have trusted Anakin, but Anakin you could say almost hated him.

Darth_Sidious01
because Mace is the best swordsman next to Yoda..I think Mace is just a little better than Obi-Wan..i mean don't get me wrong Obi-Wan is a pimp and i love him but you gotta give props to Mace..not just what we've seen onscreen but what we've heard, and read about his skill..i don't think they'd say so much about him for nothing...Youngest Jedi ever to become a Master and be on the council...creator of a Lightsaber fighting Style..come on now

^ aye true dat

astrofan428
I honestly think Anakin at the time of E3 is not only the most powerful but also the best swordsman. He breezed through Dooku, and Obi-Wan barely kept up, though he was highly motivated. And the two of them had been sparring for years learning the others moves. But Anakin simply made that one arrogant mistake.

Darth_Sidious01
oh yes that much is sure..but i don't think as a Jedi anakin could take Mace....his anger and his aggresion is what gives him the edge.."I can feel your anger...it GIVES you focus...MAKES you stronger."
and i believe they cut out a few scenes where Palpatine is coaxing Anakin to let go and use his hate and aggresions to defeat Dooku

astrofan428
oh yes that much is sure..but i don't think as a Jedi anakin could take Mace....his anger and his aggresion is what gives him the edge.."I can feel your anger...it GIVES you focus...MAKES you stronger."
and i believe they cut out a few scenes where Palpatine is coaxing Anakin to let go and use his hate and aggresions to defeat Dooku

True, but I believe if this fight where to ever happen it would be during the "Choice" scene. So Anakin would be consumed by anger, Mace was trying to kill the only man who could save his wife(he thought).

Darth_Sidious01
OOO yes definitely...in that case yes i think Anakin would win ultimately i agree totally
what i would love to see is Dooku vs. Mace but that will never happen unless you play the ep.3 game lol
Well Mace does fight anakin in the story mode of ep.3 game lol

astrofan428
OOO yes definitely...in that case yes i think Anakin would win ultimately i agree totally
what i would love to see is Dooku vs. Mace but that will never happen unless you play the ep.3 game lol
Well Mace does fight anakin in the story mode of ep.3 game lol

That part of the game was great, especially the opening cutscene where Anakin throws Mace across the room.

orkaz
lol aye would be a good little scuffle:P:P

Darth_Sidious01
^hahaha yeah i loved that just tosses him like a rag-doll
"So be it" *ignites saber*
Mace talks a lotta trash while you fight him..
But damn out of all the duelist in Star Wars i don't know why but i love Sidious..although he was beaten rather easily..his fighting style is really strange and slippery like a serpent don't ask me where i got that it's just his character..added to the expressions he makes while he dueled Mace..everything is cool with the duels on ep.3
My hat's off to Nick Gillard

Swanky-Tuna
But damn out of all the duelist in Star Wars i don't know why but i love Sidious..although he was beaten rather easily..his fighting style is really strange and slippery like a serpent don't ask me where i got that it's just his character..added to the expressions he makes while he dueled Mace..everything is cool with the duels on ep.3
My hat's off to Nick Gillard
He was pretty slick. That noise he made when he charged at the jedis was mighty cool. It was like he was a goblin or something.

Darth_Sidious01
oh hell yeah that was awesome..i thought it was just something added into the trailer like some kinda beast growling but it was palpatine and when i heard it on the movie i was like "OH YEAH!"

xeous
Anakin would win.

cal31
Originally posted by king_arthur
I mean Mace defeated the Dark Emperor Sidious in a lightsaber battle, all he had to do was finish him off. Although you could argue that the Emperor was holding back in order for Anakin to arrive and make a choice, but that seems unlikely that he would take such a chance that Anakin would arrive on time, and it doesn't seem like the Emperor is someone who would take such risks so close to his plan coming to completion. I believe Mace could have taken out Anakin. If Obi-Wan could take on Anakin then Mace of course could. All I've got to say is, 6 posts and 5 threads started roll eyes (sarcastic) .

king_arthur
I don't think Anakin was yet strong enough to take on Mace Windu. Afterall, he wasn't yet strong enough to take on Obi-won Kenobi. Plus, Obi-Won kicked his ass and Mace was Obi-won's senior on the Jedi Council. No, I don't think Anakin could take him... not yet, any way.

astrofan428
Originally posted by king_arthur
I don't think Anakin was yet strong enough to take on Mace Windu. Afterall, he wasn't yet strong enough to take on Obi-won Kenobi. Plus, Obi-Won kicked his ass and Mace was Obi-won's senior on the Jedi Council. No, I don't think Anakin could take him... not yet, any way.

Obi-Wan kicked his ass?

ShotgunWes
Anakin was the most powerful out of everyone in RotS even Palps and Yoda. In the movie Anakin tells Padme that he is now strong enough to kill Palpatine and take over the galaxy. In the novel MACE WINDU says that Anakin is the arguably the most powerful jedi ever including himself and Yoda. The only reason Obi-Wan lasted as long as he did was because he trained Anakin and he knew all his habits, also Anakin was wooping his arse until he made the stupid mistake of doing a somersault right into a lightsaber,

matreid
Probably not. Dunno.

Daarrheel
Mace would have rocked him imo

Darth_Sidious01
Originally posted by Daarrheel
Mace would have rocked him imo
Agreed.

Bishop X
I say Mace wins 6/10.

king_arthur
If Anakin easily took care of Dooku (a Sith Lord) and killed him I'm pretty sure he would've been able to kill Obi Wan with the same patience and skill. As far as Mace goes I'm really not sure. I believe that Palpatine or Sidious is extremely strong with the force but perhaps not a great swordsman. Supposedly Anakin is a very accomplished swordsman so a fight between him and Mace would be interesting. But at that moment, Mace wouldve taken him.

Bishop X
Man if only Anakin had never lost a limb. He would have been the most formidable Jedi Master and Force user ever including the Sith IMHO.

spencerspider
Anakin would whoop Mace ass

Darth Vicious
I really believe Mace wouldve taken him. To me the reason Obi-Wan didnt do as great figting Anaking was because they were friends for a long time in a situation like that theres always gonna be some hesitation, Mace wouldnt have hesitated and Anakin seemed to hate Mace so i think in the end his anger would make him make a mistake that Mace would capitalize and i think one the reasons Anakin beat Dooku quick was they had fought before but Anakin wasnt as strong the first time they fought, he was just a Padawan besides i think all their fighting styles and training were similar since they were somewhat connected: Yoda >Dooku > Qui Gon > Obi Wan >Anakin. Mace was at a whole different level.

Hybris
perhaps, but isn't this supposed to be posted in the versus forum?
Mace would have kicked Anakins little dark sided butt, if you ask me big grin

Fishy
Indeed he would have... Mace would destroy Anakin

Lord_Windu
Obi-Wan is clearly at least on the same level as Anakin. Obi-Wan could match every stroke of Anakin's. I don't see any advantage for Anakin in any way. Besides, Anakin's made a really stupid move that costed him against Obi-Wan. What makes you think he won't do it against Mace?

As for Dooku vs. Anakin. The reason why Dooku lost so badly was because Dooku was extremely arrogant coming into the fight. He thought Anakin was that same padawan he schooled back on Geonosis, therefore he didn't take him seriously. Don't get me wrong though, defeating Dooku was an awesome feat on Anakin's part but I'm just saying Dooku would have done a hell of a lot better if he wasn't so cocky.

I think Mace can beat Anakin. Just because Anakin is the most powerful, it doesn't mean he is suppose to whoop as all day long.

Master Caddy
Mace would beat anikan but i dont think mace would beat obi wan

Vanquish
Grr.. another Anakin is the strongest thread. Being the Chosen one doesn't mean he's the strongest. It just means he will bring balance to the force. Nothing more... It does not imply strength...

Mace would beat Anakin, probably faster then Obi wan did. Anakin is like the 5th strongest in ROTS if you think about it.

Yoda
Palps
Mace
Obi wan
THEN Anakin

He's still a whinny little pussy. The only difference between this and obi wans fight, is that Windu would definitely KILL anakin after he took his legs. Windu is bad ass enough to go against the jedi code. He has before, and he would again.

MistaMandalore
I'd say Mace wins against Anakin and Vader wins against Mace. (Vader before the suit is my meaning.) The Darkside seems to give Anakin a boost.

Wickerman
*sigh*
I don't know which would win. I'm sure it'd be incredibly cool though.
What i do know is that using the "obi wan wooped his ass" argument is silly, because as stated on this thread Obi Wan had studied with Anakin, he'd fought by his side so many times that each knew each others moves (if you look closely they imitate each other a little bit). HOWEVER Obi Wan used Soresu. For those that don't know, Soresu is the fighting style that involves extreme defense. It's the ultimate defensive style. Obi didn't make any mistakes because he was mostly on the defensive and taking advantage of Anakin's mistakes. Mace has a totally different style with Juyo/Vaapad. think about that as well.

~wickerman~

Darth_Sidious01
Originally posted by Wickerman
*sigh*
I don't know which would win. I'm sure it'd be incredibly cool though.
What i do know is that using the "obi wan wooped his ass" argument is silly, because as stated on this thread Obi Wan had studied with Anakin, he'd fought by his side so many times that each knew each others moves (if you look closely they imitate each other a little bit). HOWEVER Obi Wan used Soresu. For those that don't know, Soresu is the fighting style that involves extreme defense. It's the ultimate defensive style. Obi didn't make any mistakes because he was mostly on the defensive and taking advantage of Anakin's mistakes. Mace has a totally different style with Juyo/Vaapad. think about that as well.

~wickerman~
Yeah that's why Obi-Wan is able to be Grievous so easily...defensive..
Yoda-Ataro
Dooku-Makashi
Qui-Gon-Ataro
Obi-Wan-Soresu
Anakin-Djem-So

koolruningz
I pick Mace in this one, I know he wasn't the greatest swordsman in the movie but that is Samuel L Jackson's fault. The character of Mace is supposed to be the 2nd most powerful Jedi behind Yoda, Anakin had the potential to be the most powerful but he doesn't realise that potential. So with experience, a mean streak and a kick ass saber style i say Mace takes it out.

vader89
Anakin would woop windu's ass big time! He is the one who brings balance to the force and he chopped off gay ass windu's arm.
Windu is maybe disciplined and experienced but anakin had so much anger and aggression that windu wouldn't stand a chance. i mean if windu was so powerful, he should have sesned anakin's attack and blocked it.

vader89
dude mace is the gayest jedi of them all........he's got a purple ass light saber, plus he got ****ing electricuted out of a freakin 120 story building. anakin would kick his ass

Vanquish
I guess the thing you don't realize is that Mace Windu created a fighting style called Vapaad. This basically uses the anger and dark side energy of an opponent AGAINST them. That is why he handed palpy his ass so easily. If Windu was fighting against a Jedi like Yoda, his Vapaad wouldn't do anything because Yoda is all good, hence, he gets killed by Yoda.

BUT !!! when fighting against people like Palpy, Dooku, Darth Maul, Anakin, basically any dark force user, or someone with extreme anger and aggression, Windu's Vapaad really shines. The more angry Anakin gets, the worse it is for him.

Seriously, I totally agree that Windu being seen as a pussy is Sam Jacksons fault for not being athletic enough to look good. Mace windu's character is supposed to be a bad ass, and the ultimate Dark side Killer.

Windu couldn't beat Yoda and probably not even Obi wan, but he Certainly would own dark side users, especially one as lame and pathetic as Anakin. Shit, at least Dooku and Palps had power, anger, AND CONTROL. Anakin is just an idiot. He gets owned...

Robin Darkside
Anakin was a rookie in the darkside, he was just starting with his new power. thats why he lost to Obiwan. If anakin had more experience with the darkside, he would have wasted Obiwan. Hence, EP IV

Vanquish
Actually he didn't waste Obi wan in ANH either. That was thoroughly explained by Lucas already. Because of the lack of technology and proper fighting props and stuff, it was very difficult at the time to make lightsaber fighting look good. Plus it wasen't the central part of the OT's.

But Lucas has stated several times that the duel between old obi wan, and Vader in the suit in episode IV was SUPPOSED to look like a total stalemate, until Obi wan gave himself to the force and let Vader take him.

Robin Darkside
Obiwan gets lots of credit, but really, he lost on several occasions, Dooku worked him twice, and Anakin had to save him 9 or 10 times.
Obiwan is great, forsure, but he isn;t that powerful, Yoda said it himself that he wasn;t powerful enough the face the Emperor

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Vanquish

But Lucas has stated several times that the duel between old obi wan, and Vader in the suit in episode IV was SUPPOSED to look like a total stalemate, until Obi wan gave himself to the force and let Vader take him.

Well why did he have the "your powers are weak old man" and have Vader barely even looking fazed?

That fight never got started. Vader was toying with Ben, and Ben did his trick to buy some time.

It was no duel.

Darth Vegas
Anakin lost his limbs because of his cockiness and lack of discipline. Obi-Wan had the high ground yet Anakin foolishly thought that he could overcome that and it cost him his arm and legs.

Mace was about to behead a Sith Lord and is a better swordsman than Obi-Wan by a slight margin.

Mace Windu.

Vanquish
The "your powers are weak old man" comment is just classic anakin. He is always cocky and overconfident. He was cocky during his first duel with Dooku also wasen't he, and look what happened. He was cocky during his duel with Obi wan at the end of ROTS also and look what happened. He always thinks he's the best, but he's always wrong.

LOL, anakin always talks shit, then gets owned. It's hilarious actually. How many times does the kid have to say he won't fail, or can't lose, and then fail or lose before he gets the point.

HE ISN'T AS STRONG AS HE THINKS HE IS... Anakin = Pussy

Darth_Sidious01
Originally posted by Vanquish
The "your powers are weak old man" comment is just classic anakin. He is always cocky and overconfident. He was cocky during his first duel with Dooku also wasen't he, and look what happened. He was cocky during his duel with Obi wan at the end of ROTS also and look what happened. He always thinks he's the best, but he's always wrong.

LOL, anakin always talks shit, then gets owned. It's hilarious actually. How many times does the kid have to say he won't fail, or can't lose, and then fail or lose before he gets the point.

HE ISN'T AS STRONG AS HE THINKS HE IS... Anakin = Pussy
Well said rock

koolruningz
Well considering he is still doing it in ROTJ when he pisses Luke off and gets smacked down, he still hadn't got the message. He seemed to enjoy goading Luke to use his anger, much like Dooku actually before he got schooled.

b-dan
probly could but when u got a guy wining at u to stop and a powerful sith lord under u u could end up like him frankly he should of killed him when he had him traped b4 anie came

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.