Wolverine vs The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Batman
Can Wolverine take out the Thing?

black robb
this is a good matchup
1.both can take a lot of punishment
2.both are forever pissed off
3.both are the team favorites
4.both had sex with Jean Grey... shifty

armandovalles
lol! Thing wins. Wolverine got knocked out by Sabretooth hitting him with a small tree. One punch from the Thing and Wolverine would probly be in a coma.

srankmissingnin
... You understand movie Wolverine, 616 Wolverine, Ultimate Wolverine and TAS Wolverine are all a different character right?

Wolverine should beat Thing, his healing factor and damage soak will keep him in the game for a long time and the damage he can dish out will build up fast.

K3VIL
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
... You understand movie Wolverine, 616 Wolverine, Ultimate Wolverine and TAS Wolverine are all a different character right?

Wolverine should beat Thing, his healing factor and damage soak will keep him in the game for a long time and the damage he can dish out will build up fast.
Benji need 1hit, and he can land one hit, without much effort.
You must reckon who the Thing is when you put him against a street level fanboy based guy like Wolverine.
The Thing throwed Terrax through several skyscrapers during a fight between him and the FF4, Wolverine is gonna die.

Wynndar
Although Wolverine slashed the sh1t out of Thing's face in FF#374, Thing did prove he could easily get his hands on Wolvie and land punches, unlike the Hulk has done in the past. In 374 all we see is Wolverine go flying through the building...i cant remember if he makes it back.

juggernaut74
Normally I would say Thing no problem but I keep forgetting the fact that his claws already sliced Thing.

If Thing can stay away from the claws then he will beat Wolverine. But that is gonna be easier said than done.

juggernaut74
Normally I would say Thing no problem but I keep forgetting the fact that his claws already sliced Thing.

If Thing can stay away from the claws then he will beat Wolverine. But that is gonna be easier said than done.

juggernaut74
Sorry for the double post I dont know what happened.

Superherovandal
you mean triple post stick out tongue But its all good cool

CorderaMitchell
Wolvie fanboys are onthis like ants to a melon, healing factor wont solve everything in fact he wil be kille.

Mainstream
Thing could win he been working out character43

CorderaMitchell
I like that philosophy.

Tony Stark
The THING should be able to take Wolvie down. He knows what he can't let wolvie do, and with that being said he would knock his ass out. Or worse if decided to go through with it. cool

dvampire
Originally posted by black robb
this is a good matchup
1.both can take a lot of punishment
2.both are forever pissed off
3.both are the team favorites
4.both had sex with Jean Grey... shifty

Thing with ease. Thing is class 90 and he fights and hang with the Hulk all the time, Wolverine has no chance. smile

Zahit
Benjy would realistically destroy Logan in a fight.
Course he might need more than a few stitches when done....

badabing
Bump. I bumped this thread so the other one wouldn't get more off topic than it already is.

DarkCrawler
Thunderclapppp!!!

capt it up
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Thunderclapppp!!!
whcih at best would only hurt wolverine for a few seconds

grey fox
Thing's knocked out Wolverine in once punch , he does so again.

capt it up
Originally posted by grey fox
Thing's knocked out Wolverine in once punch , he does so again.
actauly he did that to a messed up wolverine and mister fantastic even comment on it and how lucky thing was that wolevrine was so slow and messed up

grey fox
Originally posted by capt it up
whcih at best would only hurt wolverine for a few seconds

Horseshit.

http://www.incrediblehulk.com/wolverinethunderclap.jpg

grey fox
actauly he did that to a messed up wolverine and mister fantastic even comment on it and how lucky thing was that wolevrine was so slow and messed up

Nope , it was a rather old scan . Thing was saying something alon the lines of 'Quit yer hoopin an Hollerin' and bonks Wolverine over the head (with an actual 'BONK' sound effect) Wolverine is then knocked unconscious , Ben drops him and walks away.

GodofThunder
I got wolverine on this (everyone that sees me post knows im not huge on wolverine) I mean did you see him mess Thing up before he stabbed him right through the arm also he messes Things face up pretty bad. Wolverine is to fast yes the Thing can move pretty quick but come on faster than Wolverine thats like me out running Superman not going to happen..... 8/10.......1 to thing for luck and 1 because im not crazy about Wolverine laughing out loud yes

grey fox
Originally posted by GodofThunder
I got wolverine on this (everyone that sees me post knows im not huge on wolverine) I mean did you see him mess Thing up before he stabbed him right through the arm also he messes Things face up pretty bad. Wolverine is to fast yes the Thing can move pretty quick but come on faster than Wolverine thats like me out running Superman not going to happen..... 8/10.......1 to thing for luck and 1 because im not crazy about Wolverine laughing out loud yes
Wasn't that from a recent comic ?

capt it up
Horseshit.

http://www.incrediblehulk.com/wolverinethunderclap.jpg
nice wolverine got hurt like I said for a few seconds at best. a pannel is roughly 2 seconds wolverine was hurt for 2 pannels liek aI said that liek what 10 seconds at best.
also that was wolverine before major upgrades to his healing meaning a thunder clapp would not hurt wolverine much at all now.

GodofThunder
I guess I not paying attention (again) it has to be the classic charcters

capt it up
Nope , it was a rather old scan . Thing was saying something alon the lines of 'Quit yer hoopin an Hollerin' and bonks Wolverine over the head (with an actual 'BONK' sound effect) Wolverine is then knocked unconscious , Ben drops him and walks away.
I own it it fantastic four/x-men cross over.
like I said mr. fantastic even comments on how lucky thing was that wolverine was so messed up and dazed and moving so sluggish

drwerwer
wolverine would get a slash which would slow things down and then wolverine sould land a fatal strike and comon if wolvy can take shots from the hulk he can from thing since he hits really hard but not probly as hard as hulk

drwerwer
like I said mr. fantastic even comments on how lucky thing was that wolverine was so messed up and dazed and moving so sluggish

ya i think i remember mister fantastic saying something likke ttha

grey fox
nice wolverine got hurt like I said for a few seconds at best. a pannel is roughly 2 seconds wolverine was hurt for 2 pannels liek aI said that liek what 10 seconds at best.
also that was wolverine before major upgrades to his healing meaning a thunder clapp would not hurt wolverine much at all now.

Nope , a thunder clap has nothing to do with his healing factor, it's his enhanced senses , no amount of healing can help when it's your own powers that are hot wired against you . And by the look of Wolverine in the third panel he's on the floor.

grey fox

That's not the point , the point is that Ben took out Wolverine with a single punch . Dizziness and sluggish movement have near enough nothing to with your durability , only your balance.

capt it up
That's not the point , the point is that Ben took out Wolverine with a single punch . Dizziness and sluggish movement have near enough nothing to with your durability , only your balance. 'actauly beeing dazzed has every thing to do with ur durability.
also there far more prove showing wolverine can take thigns hit then not.

capt it up
Nope , a thunder clap has nothing to do with his healing factor, it's his enhanced senses , no amount of healing can help when it's your own powers that are hot wired against you . And by the look of Wolverine in the third panel he's on the floor.
actauly it has every thing to do with healing. the faster u heal the faster his ear drums would heal.

grey fox
actauly it has every thing to do with healing. the faster u heal the faster his ear drums would heal.

No , the healing factor would heal his ear drum's (if they burst) but wouldn't stop the pain occurring.

Rewmac
Wolverine is a tough dude...I like him, he is classic, but his fanboys make people to disrespect him...

The Thing is solid, but I don't think he is as solid as adamantium...Wolverine can dance around until he makes his shot...He can stab him, but no way to stab him that deep that the Thing goes really down,...If The Thing catches Wolverine, holds his neck then punches the shit out of him. I like Wolvie, but here I can't say Wolverine wins 100 %...

grey fox
'actauly beeing dazzed has every thing to do with ur durability.
also there far more prove showing wolverine can take thigns hit then not.

No it doesn't , if your dazed it doesn't increase/decrease the amount of pain you can take. And in this case it's not-a-lot.

capt it up
No , the healing factor would heal his ear drum's (if they burst) but wouldn't stop the pain occurring.
agin the pain would disapear as soon as it was healed so yes it amkes a huge diffrence if his healing it over 20 times stronger then it was.

capt it up
No it doesn't , if your dazed it doesn't increase/decrease the amount of pain you can take. And in this case it's not-a-lot.
actauly it does when ur dazed is when uve been hit hard and ur messed up. beeing dazed has every thing to do with durability

Rewmac
actauly it does when ur dazed is when uve been hit hard and ur messed up. beeing dazed has every thing to do with durability You're right there, but if The Thing lends 2-3 punches on Wolverine he goes unconcious....And then freeplay....He still needs time to heals himself....Couple of mins. But it was awsome what he did with the rocket in ultimate X-men....

capt it up
Originally posted by Rewmac
You're right there, but if The Thing lends 2-3 punches on Wolverine he goes unconcious....And then freeplay....He still needs time to heals himself....Couple of mins. But it was awsome what he did with the rocket in ultimate X-men....
2-3 hits would not nock wolverine out
seeing how sas and other heavy hitter have hit wolverine more times then that he he was not knocked out

Rewmac
But I've seen Colossus knockin' him out with one punch...Okay The Thing is weaker than Colossus, but Wolverine going unconcious has really nothing to with his healing factor....Wolvie can win this, put if the Thing catches him and put a couple big Ban Grimm style punch in him then it's freeplay...The Thing was also able to hurt The Hulk with only a couple of punches....

capt it up
But I've seen Colossus knockin' him out with one punch...Okay The Thing is weaker than Colossus, but Wolverine going unconcious has really nothing to with his healing factor....Wolvie can win this, put if the Thing catches him and put a couple big Ban Grimm style punch in him then it's freeplay...The Thing was also able to hurt The Hulk with only a couple of punches....
when has colossus nocked wolverine out wiht one punch? please enlighten me

Rewmac
I could find that one, but here is where throws Wolverine and bye-bye...Trust me Wolverine is strong dude but nothing compared to Colossus...

capt it up
I could find that one, but here is where throws Wolverine and bye-bye...Trust me Wolverine is strong dude but nothing compared to Colossus...
so strength is not every thing in battle. also again wolverine is not nocked out I own that issue all colossus did is throw him not nock him out. so u still have yet to show prove of colossus KOing wolverine.

riceroost
Healing Factor does nullify thunderclap. If Hulk can't capitalize, Thing can't capitalize.

Being groggy, weak, and disoriented affects your MOBILITY, which is Wolverine's greatest defense against the heavy hitters.

When has Colossus ever knocked out Wolverine with one hit?

Uncanny # 96: Colossus hits Wolverine with all his strength. Wolverine backflips off a wall and recovers instantly and smiles at Peter.

"The Wolverine just loves to get mad. "

During the 12 story Colossus hits Wolverine as hard as he can in the back of the head. Wolverine gets right back up. This is after Colossus' power-ups.

And anyone who doubts Wolverine could take SEVERAL shots from the Thing needs to look at the above picture of Green Hulk flattening Wolverine with a frikkin Redwood tree. Does nothing but make him angry. Nuke-like impact and it just pisses him off.

riceroost
I could find that one, but here is where throws Wolverine and bye-bye...Trust me Wolverine is strong dude but nothing compared to Colossus... Wolverine got thrown. So what. He gets right back up in the next panel and admits he wasn't going all out. Being thrown is a lot different than being KOed.

Rewmac
I just love Wolvie fanboys....Well do you really think he has a chance against Colossus or better The Juggernaut???

capt it up
I just love Wolvie fanboys....Well do you really think he has a chance against Colossus or better The Juggernaut???
u call me a wolverine fanboy? becuase I ask for prove from u and u show a pic that does not prove any thing u said lol.

grey fox
Originally posted by riceroost
Being groggy, weak, and disoriented affects your MOBILITY, which is Wolverine's greatest defense against the heavy hitters.

Finally , someone sane agrees with me....

who?-kid
Back to the FF vs X-Men fight : Reed himself said Ben was very lucky that Wolverine was still confused and thus acting slow.

Reed was right. He always is.

Rewmac
u call me a wolverine fanboy? becuase I ask for prove from u and u show a pic that does not prove any thing u said lol. no, in your opinion Wolverine can beat everyone...But you really think that he has a chance against a powerhouse like Colossus??

capt it up
no, in your opinion Wolverine can beat everyone...But you really think that he has a chance against a powerhouse like Colossus??
nope not true that just u beeing foolish. ur trying to get around the piont that u were unable to bring prove to the table form a claim u made.

by that way ur personal attack was pethetic at best

DarkCrawler

And anyone who doubts Wolverine could take SEVERAL shots from the Thing needs to look at the above picture of Green Hulk flattening Wolverine with a frikkin Redwood tree. Does nothing but make him angry. Nuke-like impact and it just pisses him off.

Isn't that like only instance where Wolverine does something like that?

capt it up
nope he done it quite a few times such as when he fought tiger shark in the water and when sas squash hit wolverine from behidn and then ran up and hitt him afew more times and wolevrien was far from nocked out.

TheKahn
when has colossus nocked wolverine out wiht one punch? please enlighten me

Is that "Death" Wolverine? confused

DarkCrawler
Tiger Shark isn't nowhere close to Hulk strength...and Sasquath didn't hit Wolverine with nearly the same amount of force that Hulk did, if I remember it correctly...

capt it up
Originally posted by TheKahn
Is that "Death" Wolverine? confused
yes which makes no diffrence.

capt it up
Tiger Shark isn't nowhere close to Hulk strength...and Sasquath didn't hit Wolverine with nearly the same amount of force that Hulk did, if I remember it correctly...
tiger shark in the water is still amazaing stronger and fast hitting wolverien from every angle.

actauly sas did hit wolverine with the same kinda force as hulk

TheKahn
yes which makes no diffrence.

eer Could you run that by me one more time?

capt it up
eer Could you run that by me one more time?
yup it makes no diffrence. were was it ever stated wolverine durability was enchanced? or for that matter what enchancedments ecpt for wolverine getting back his adamatium skeleton were ever mention? non at all. wolverine was not enchanced beyond getting back his adamtium skeleton and gettin ga adamatium sword.

TheKahn
yup it makes no diffrence. were was it ever stated wolverine durability was enchanced? or for that matter what enchancedments ecpt for wolverine getting back his adamatium skeleton were ever mention? non at all. wolverine was not enchanced beyond getting back his adamtium skeleton and gettin ga adamatium sword.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you cited the example of "Death" Wolverine being able to walk through an optic blast by Cyke and not be blown away? If that is the case then Wolverine's durability was clearly enhanced as there isn't, to my knowledge, any example of Wolverine ever being able to do such a feat before to since.

capt it up
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/f17846b2.jpg

TheKahn
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/f17846b2.jpg

And the point of that scan was???
We all know that Cyke can vary the intensity of his optic blast and Wolverine, himself, states that the beams are not hitting him as hard as they are able. So I'm kind of lost as to the relevance that scan has.

jinzin

colosus is a toss up... colosus has proven incapible of KOing wolverine.. wolverine's proven to rip organic metal.... but both are ambiguous due to other feats and aspects... juggernaught.. no... but then again.. thing can't take juggernaught either.. juggernaught's incapible of being physically disabled, thing is not..

as a sidenote.. wolverine went toe to toe with warpath a guy who as the exact same statistical data as thing and was winning the fight....

capt it up
We all know that Cyke can vary the intensity of his optic blast and Wolverine, himself, states that the beams are not hitting him as hard as they are able. So I'm kind of lost as to the relevance that scan has.
that ebcuase scots mind control. scot not holding back anything ecpt for the fact he mind controlled he can hitt only a little harder then that and thats a weakened wolverien and he still standing.

jinzin

no.. in hulk 425 hulk punches wolverine with NO METAL on his bones.. wolverine doesn't get Koed..

in hulk 8 hulk smacks and throws a de-admantiumized wolverine the entire issue.. wolvie doesn't go down.

in hulk/wolverine wolverine and hulk get caught in an avalanche wolverine reamains concious, hulk doesn't.

in x-men (?) wolverine is punched hard enough to reach escape velocity and he's fine.

creshosck is aware of a book in which wolverine fights gladiator for 6 days.

jinzin
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you cited the example of "Death" Wolverine being able to walk through an optic blast by Cyke and not be blown away? If that is the case then Wolverine's durability was clearly enhanced as there isn't, to my knowledge, any example of Wolverine ever being able to do such a feat before to since.

nor were any previous examples involving the same situation as that one...

the point still stands, even if wolverine was enhanced (which I don't believe because no enhancements besides a cloaking device and psionic defenses were ever mentioned) who took his enhancements away? for instance: when apocylips enhanced caliban the enhancements stuck, when he enhanced warren the enhacements stuck, is it not logical to reason that even IF wolverine WAS enhanced.. he kept the enhancements?

either way stating that the fight involved wolverine as death makes no difference.. aside from that it is of note that in terms of pure physical competition wolverine fared worse against cable, and angel than he did when he fought them as himself.

badabing
No Mentioning Events of PIS

Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

No SvFL

Spiderman vs. Firelord, or SvFL, is a shorthand that refers to any time when a character performs a feat that their powers and skills should be blatantly insufficient for, and is not repeated or is rarely repeated again relative to the character's overall established career, as well as the character's opponents' established showings. In statistical terms, it is an outlier, something that is radically beyond the character's established capabilities. For example, Spiderman defeating a herald of Galactus is a case of the SvFL exemption; however, Batman being able to sneak up on Superman is not because he has done so frequently under different writers.
For standard debates, feats considered to fall under the SvFL exemption are not valid. Likewise, examples of writing which go against firmly set canon are also ignored. For example, in Larry Hama's run of Batman and Grell's run of Iron Man, both characters were out of character and did things very much against established canon; therefore those runs are disregarded.

Wolverine often does feats well beyond what should be capable and accepted. My opinion is beating the Colossus, Hulk, Thing or Namor H2H is well beyond him.

jinzin

didn't cyk just blast him with everything he had previous to that scan?

jinzin
Originally posted by badabing

Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

No SvFL

Spiderman vs. Firelord, or SvFL, is a shorthand that refers to any time when a character performs a feat that their powers and skills should be blatantly insufficient for, and is not repeated or is rarely repeated again relative to the character's overall established career, as well as the character's opponents' established showings. In statistical terms, it is an outlier, something that is radically beyond the character's established capabilities. For example, Spiderman defeating a herald of Galactus is a case of the SvFL exemption; however, Batman being able to sneak up on Superman is not because he has done so frequently under different writers.
For standard debates, feats considered to fall under the SvFL exemption are not valid. Likewise, examples of writing which go against firmly set canon are also ignored. For example, in Larry Hama's run of Batman and Grell's run of Iron Man, both characters were out of character and did things very much against established canon; therefore those runs are disregarded.

Wolverine often does feats well beyond what should be capable and accepted. My opinion is beating the Colossus, Hulk, Thing or Namor H2H is well beyond him.

it's really not though.. I mean if you look at the consistancy in which he takes on or takes down bricks...

in your defense though wolverine probably doesn't have a winning record vs. bricks.

capt it up

No SvFL

actauly giving wolverien skill set he should be perfect for fighting the characters u have mentioned. I love how u don't u prove or anything u just try and call wolverine PIS or CIS

leonidas
Originally posted by jinzin

good lord, i hope not. my support only goes so far . . .

stick out tongue

Rewmac
actauly giving wolverien skill set he should be perfect for fighting the characters u have mentioned. I love how u don't u prove or anything u just try and call wolverine PIS or CIS What can Wolverine possibly do to Colossus (never was able going through his metal), Namor or Gladiator???

capt it up
What can Wolverine possibly do to Colossus (never was able going through his metal), Namor or Gladiator???
wolverine defeated namor and he fought gladeator for 6 days straight

badabing
I love how you think Wolverine is the end all, be all. Him lasting a H2H fight with heavy hitters is for plot purposes. It should never happen. The last time I posted pics you said they were fake because it hurts you deep to see Wolverine lose. You can live in a world where Wolverine can beat anybody, and that's fine. I base my opinion on facts and COMMON SENSE.

jinzin
Originally posted by leonidas
good lord, i hope not. my support only goes so far . . .

stick out tongue
laughing out loud

jinzin
What can Wolverine possibly do to Colossus (never was able going through his metal), Namor or Gladiator???

the same thing he does to everyone else.. stab them...

Tha C-Master
I thought you agreed colossus was too dense for that...

jinzin
I love how you think Wolverine is the end all, be all. Him lasting a H2H fight with heavy hitters is for plot purposes. It should never happen. The last time I posted pics you said they were fake because it hurts you deep to see Wolverine lose. You can live in a world where Wolverine can beat anybody, and that's fine. I base my opinion on facts and COMMON SENSE.

when did anyone say your pics were fake?.. the last I saw they were arguing that ultimate universe stuff shouldn't be used to dictate the events in a debate concerning 616 characters... it was also stated that your pics were bias.. a theory which I aim to test ths weekend, but fake? when was that said..

also logan has been fighting heavy hitters since his first appearance. I still don't understand how it's so unthinkable to people.

jinzin
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I thought you agreed colossus was too dense for that...

I did.. but ricerroost made some damn good counters to suggest that wolverine could...

Rewmac
wolverine defeated namor and he fought gladeator for 6 days straight Really???? Good god I never knew that....Sorry then....Then I need more Wolverine comics.....Then he really is a badass...Sorry.

Soleran
Whats unthinkable is said big hitters durability and look at Wolverine's strength and realize he shouldn't ever be able to hurt said big hitterssmile

badabing
http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/4242/wolverinehits88qa.gif
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3192/wolverinehits10qj.gif
Wolverine against some other strong characters.

capt it up
when have I ever said wolverine was end all?
dude ur excuses are getting pethetic. wolverine was desighned to be an anti-brick. wolverine ahs had some many battles with high level people I could not possable name them all.
no I don't care if wolverine loses, but ur pic is a wolevrine in a costume ive never seen and u have eyt been able to proof it real.

ur oppion has no facts actauly ur oppion is the farthest thing from facts u have just been ignoring all facts that wolverine can cut right through thing.
common sense? what common sense have u been using?

jinzin
Originally posted by Soleran
Whats unthinkable is said big hitters durability and look at Wolverine's strength and realize he shouldn't ever be able to hurt said big hitterssmile

according to whom? are they beyond being sliced by a molecule thin razor sharp unbreakable blade?

even if so, SHOULD cosmic rays give a guy rock hard skin?
SHOULD a gamma expolosion do anything but kill a man?
SHOULD an atlantean fish man be capible of flying because of tiny wings on his feet?

what SHOULD happen in reality and what DOES happen in comics are rarely one in the same, and that's just the territory that comes from submersing oneself in a fictionalized media...

jinzin
http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/4242/wolverinehits88qa.gif
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3192/wolverinehits10qj.gif
Wolverine against some other strong characters.

wolverine/hulk.. wolverine also gave as good as he got in that arch...

wonderman sneak attack.. sneak attack nuff said.

TheKahn

What were the details of that fight? Did Gladiator somehow forget his Superman level strength, durability, speed, and heat vision? confused

capt it up
Really???? Good god I never knew that....Sorry then....Then I need more Wolverine comics.....Then he really is a badass...Sorry.
no biggy sorry about what i said earlier in the wolverine vs cyclopes thread

capt it up
What were the details of that fight? Did Gladiator somehow forget his Superman level strength, durability, speed, and heat vision? confused
I don't know I never read it cres knows ask him

jinzin

dunno... it's only been brought up a few times because it's seen as such a longshot example of pis...

Metalmanx
Thing 6/10.

capt it up
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Thing 6/10.
and whys that?

Soleran
according to whom? are they beyond being sliced by a molecule thin razor sharp unbreakable blade?

even if so, SHOULD cosmic rays give a guy rock hard skin?
SHOULD a gamma expolosion do anything but kill a man?
SHOULD an atlantean fish man be capible of flying because of tiny wings on his feet?

what SHOULD happen in reality and what DOES happen in comics are rarely one in the same, and that's just the territory that comes from submersing oneself in a fictionalized media...

Hey Jinzin flame off, I am stating my opinion I don't need your comic rationalisation theory on it. Lol and in all actuality if you want to pose that molecule thin razor so what if a material is dense enough no without the proper leverage and strength no it shouldn't cut anything. One scene you hear about anti-tank rounds doing no damage to Thing then a guy with above average strength and 3 razors cuts through him lol.

The comics don't keep consistent in the slightest and Wolverine is just a guy that's written out of his depth consistently when looking at other feats of durability with these big hitters. I do believe Wolverine has a chance at taking this fight but I still give Thing 6/10.

badabing
when have I ever said wolverine was end all?
dude ur excuses are getting pethetic. wolverine was desighned to be an anti-brick. wolverine ahs had some many battles with high level people I could not possable name them all.
no I don't care if wolverine loses, but ur pic is a wolevrine in a costume ive never seen and u have eyt been able to proof it real.

ur oppion has no facts actauly ur oppion is the farthest thing from facts u have just been ignoring all facts that wolverine can cut right through thing.
common sense? what common sense have u been using?
The fall back of a small mind, personal attacks. Common sense tells me that Wolverine does not have strength that is greater than an artillery shell. Now, you can blather all day long but I've posted pics and you don't like them. You pick out the anomalies of when Wolverine gets the better of clearly superior characters, so be it. It happened and I am fine about that. But to say that Wolverine can beat Colossus, Namor, Hulk and Thing most of the time is not reasonable.

capt it up
Hey Jinzin flame off, I am stating my opinion I don't need your comic rationalisation theory on it. Lol and in all actuality if you want to pose that molecule thin razor so what if a material is dense enough no without the proper leverage and strength no it shouldn't cut anything. One scene you hear about anti-tank rounds doing no damage to Thing then a guy with above average strength and 3 razors cuts through him lol.

The comics don't keep consistent in the slightest and Wolverine is just a guy that's written out of his depth consistently when looking at other feats of durability with these big hitters. I do believe Wolverine has a chance at taking this fight but I still give Thing 6/10.
fact of the matetr is wolverine always cuts though character like thing like it nuthing. wolverine claws have almsot never been shown not to be able to cut through any thing short of capts shield or other things listed as indestructable

jinzin

i was just making a point myself..

like it or not your dealing with a ficitonalized media and can't deny that wolverine can infict the damage he's already proven to cause...

Soleran
I agree and I am just saying that would be one of the reasons I have come to dislike Wolverine. Not because of the actual character but the way writers botched him up in the Marvel world in my opinion.

Anyway on topic Thing should be able to bury him under rubble, smash his face to a bloody pulp etc etc and take home 6/10 wins.

capt it up
The fall back of a small mind, personal attacks. Common sense tells me that Wolverine does not have strength that is greater than an artillery shell. Now, you can blather all day long but I've posted pics and you don't like them. You pick out the anomalies of when Wolverine gets the better of clearly superior characters, so be it. It happened and I am fine about that. But to say that Wolverine can beat Colossus, Namor, Hulk and Thing most of the time is not reasonable.
now ur saying I have a small mind? ya buddy u should check out who started the personal attacks it was u.
again comic proof proves wolverien claws can again and again cut through characters such as thing,hulk,namor and so on.
again u forget one of ur pic was form ultimate universe and u did not shwo the whole fight in which thing lost.
ur other pic u have yet to prove it actaualy real or even the 616 universe come on whatcs the comic number?
also we have posted picture of 616 thing losing u have not psote da single pick of 616 thing winning vs wolverine.
why is it not reasonale? wolverine does it over and oevr again and yet it no reasonable?
remeber when u tryed to say thing had betetr stats? ecpt when u add the stats up thing stat pionts combind is a lower number.

juggernaut66666
thats canon they should beat wolverine in less than 5 minutes

capt it up
I agree and I am just saying that would be one of the reasons I have come to dislike Wolverine. Not because of the actual character but the way writers botched him up in the Marvel world in my opinion.

Anyway on topic Thing should be able to bury him under rubble, smash his face to a bloody pulp etc etc and take home 6/10 wins.
how he supose to smash his face in when wolverine not only a superior fighter but has superior reflexes and agility?

Metalmanx
fact of the matetr is wolverine always cuts though character like thing like it nuthing. wolverine claws have almsot never been shown not to be able to cut through any thing short of capts shield or other things listed as indestructable

And yet, I've never seen him pierce Colossus.

capt it up
And yet, I've never seen him pierce Colossus.
ya , but that a touchy subject sicne colossus him self thinks wolverine claws can go through him. also this debate has nuthing to do with colossus

badabing
http://img226.echo.cx/img226/9238/durabilityadamantium4fe.jpg
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4900128
Hmmm

leonidas

ya know, as soon as you said it i thought . . . damn, that sounds familiar . . .

did some checking, and lo and behold . . .

the whole story is mags and apocalypse killed each other in a battle in the future, so the remaining mutants voted on a new leader and wolvie got the job. the scene below ensued much later.

i don't believe it's canon -- it happened in galactic guardians #1 (a great series, btw) -- as i'm not sure anything in gotg future is canon. but it IS unbelieveable. wolvie fights glads for 6 days AND glads breaks adamantium. which is MORE unbelieveable . . .?

Metalmanx
ya , but that a touchy subject sicne colossus him self thinks wolverine claws can go through him. also this debate has nuthing to do with colossus

Colossus can also believe that he can fly. Doesn't make it true.

And I only brought it up because of this:

"fact of the matetr is wolverine always cuts though character like thing like it nuthing. wolverine claws have almsot never been shown not to be able to cut through any thing short of capts shield or other things listed as indestructable"

Clearly this is incorrect, since he has not been able to stab Colossus nor other characters over the years. Sometimes not even the Thing (refer to the above-posted link).

capt it up
Hmmm
first pic not really fair to use since wolverine was not written to be even a mutent and was written totaly diffrent. also it was later rewritten that he cut hulks skinn.

also the second pic I again I asked u to prove that pic is 616 or even a real pic for that matter. come on whats the comic number stop trying to ignore me and prove it is real or 616 at all.

capt it up
Colossus can also believe that he can fly. Doesn't make it true.

And I only brought it up because of this:

"fact of the matetr is wolverine always cuts though character like thing like it nuthing. wolverine claws have almsot never been shown not to be able to cut through any thing short of capts shield or other things listed as indestructable"

Clearly this is incorrect, since he has not been able to stab Colossus nor other characters over the years. Sometimes not even the Thing (refer to the above-posted link).
like I said almost never shown. not never, also the thing pic has yet to be proven real or 616 and besides colossus what prove is there?

Metalmanx
first pic not really fair to use since wolverine was not written to be even a mutent and was written totaly diffrent. also it was later rewritten that he cut hulks skinn.

also the second pic I again I asked u to prove that pic is 616 or even a real pic for that matter. come on whats the comic number stop trying to ignore me and prove it is real or 616 at all.

Dude. It's real. And most likely 616. I've seen that page before this thread was even created. Just live with it.

capt it up
Dude. It's real. And most likely 616. I've seen that page before this thread was even created. Just live with it.
no becuase ive seen it before here to and so has jinzin cres and most other and no one has yet proven if it is real or even 616. we have been asking it sicne it was first posted what issue it from and no one has yet shown the issue number or title. also it mroe then likly a fake or not 616 since ive never seen that wolverine costume

jinzin
Hmmm

first example was later roconted.. wolverine claims he only THOUGHT he wasn't cutting hulk turth be told he was but hulk was healing so fast it didn't appear that way...

second example still has to be proven canon material and even then lacks precidence over the times wolverine HAS cut him.

jinzin
ya know, as soon as you said it i thought . . . damn, that sounds familiar . . .

did some checking, and lo and behold . . .

the whole story is mags and apocalypse killed each other in a battle in the future, so the remaining mutants voted on a new leader and wolvie got the job. the scene below ensued much later.

i don't believe it's canon -- it happened in galactic guardians #1 (a great series, btw) -- as i'm not sure anything in gotg future is canon. but it IS unbelieveable. wolvie fights glads for 6 days AND glads breaks adamantium. which is MORE unbelieveable . . .?

well food for thought in wolverine: the end one of his claws has been broken off, but there's no explaination for how it happened...

capt it up
well food for thought in wolverine: the end one of his claws has been broken off, but there's no explaination for how it happened...
realy? wolverine the end realy makes no sense non of the ends make any sense

jinzin
oh by the way thanks leonidas.. cool scans glad to see that isn't just a fantasy floating around on here.... smile

leonidas
oh by the way thanks leonidas.. cool scans glad to see that isn't just a fantasy floating around on here.... smile

wink

can't imagine glads would be the reason for the missing claw though. i think the battle was supposed to have happened around the year 2300 . . .

jinzin
hmph.. I didn't know gladiator doesn't age...

Grimm22
Honestly, this fight could go either way.

I mean all it takes for Ben to win is one good shot, but Wolverine is a tricky basterd.

Overall it really depends if Ben is holding back or not (in good writing he dosent).

I mean seriously these two have bested each other so many times its hard to count.

5/10 even

jinzin
Originally posted by Grimm22
Honestly, this fight could go either way.

I mean all it takes for Ben to win is one good shot, but Wolverine is a tricky basterd.

Overall it really depends if Ben is holding back or not (in good writing he dosent).

I mean seriously these two have bested each other so many times its hard to count.

5/10 even

in that same fasion all it takes from wolverine is one good shot too...

ummm I mean, wolverine can probably more often than not take a shot from thing in the face.. if wolverine punches thing in the face however.. I don't think thing can guarantee those same kinda odds.

snoopdogg
colosus is a toss up... colosus has proven incapible of KOing wolverine.. wolverine's proven to rip organic metal.... but both are ambiguous due to other feats and aspects... juggernaught.. no... but then again.. thing can't take juggernaught either.. juggernaught's incapible of being physically disabled, thing is not..

as a sidenote.. wolverine went toe to toe with warpath a guy who as the exact same statistical data as thing and was winning the fight.... Wolverine could not cut Warhawk and he is considered a cheap immitation of Colossus and his body is organic steel. His claws just bounced off his chest.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/WolverineandWarhawk.jpg

Then there is Uncanny annual #6. The result was sparks and Wolveirned being punched though a wall.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ColossustakingWolverinedown.jpg

Wolverine just doesn't have the strength required to do any real damage to Colossus. It would take somebody like S'yms strength to cut Colossus.

Thing on the other hand has been proven to be cut by the claws but I still say Thing wins the majority or Wolverine.

jinzin
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Wolverine could not cut Warhawk and he is considered a cheap immitation of Colossus and his body is organic steel. His claws just bounced off his chest.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/WolverineandWarhawk.jpg

Then there is Uncanny annual #6. The result was sparks and Wolveirned being punched though a wall.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ColossustakingWolverinedown.jpg

Wolverine just doesn't have the strength required to do any real damage to Colossus. It would take somebody like S'yms strength to cut Colossus.

Thing on the other hand has been proven to be cut by the claws but I still say Thing wins the majority or Wolverine.

well slashing doesn't equate to stabbing. I would have thought this was clear with all the hulk examples flaoting about...

in any case.. mimic who can transform himself into organic steel didn't do well when logan stabbed him.. infact he got shredded...

in the bottem pick you displayed it even states organic steel is no match for admantium and loganis once again slashing.. not piercing.. and finally colosus gets terrified pretty much any time wolverine points his claws at the guy... this was clearly apparent in warpath's first appearance...

Grimm22
in that same fasion all it takes from wolverine is one good shot too...

ummm I mean, wolverine can probably more often than not take a shot from thing in the face.. if wolverine punches thing in the face however.. I don't think thing can guarantee those same kinda odds.

I would pretty much like to see Wolveirne try to pierce Ben's skull.

Seriously, Ben cant block everywhere, he's a big guy, but he can most definitly see Wolverine attacking him if he's going for a headshot.

capt it up

Seriously, Ben cant block everywhere, he's a big guy, but he can most definitly see Wolverine attacking him if he's going for a headshot.
actauly wolverine cut a good portion of thing face away before

snoopdogg
well slashing doesn't equate to stabbing. I would have thought this was clear with all the hulk examples flaoting about...

in any case.. mimic who can transform himself into organic steel didn't do well when logan stabbed him.. infact he got shredded...

in the bottem pick you displayed it even states organic steel is no match for admantium and loganis once again slashing.. not piercing.. and finally colosus gets terrified pretty much any time wolverine points his claws at the guy... this was clearly apparent in warpath's first appearance... Well organic steel is not at tough as adamantium. I never said it was. I said Logan is not strong enough to do any damage as has been proven. Mimic is not Colossus or even Warhawk. S'ym who has incalcuable strength(level 7) tossed one of Logans claws at Colossus and it stuck into his shoulder. Amazing Colossus in the process and doing no real damage cause he pullled it out and wrestled S'ym.

Heck even in the Ult. universe it has been proven that Logan cannot cut Colossus. Sparks!

jinzin

well he peirced right through his torso no problem... so...

Well organic steel is not at tough as adamantium. I never said it was. I said Logan is not strong enough to do any damage as has been proven. Mimic is not Colossus or even Warhawk. S'ym who has incalcuable strength(level 7) tossed one of Logans claws at Colossus and it stuck into his shoulder. Amazing Colossus in the process and doing no real damage cause he pullled it out and wrestled S'ym.

Heck even in the Ult. universe it has been proven that Logan cannot cut Colossus. Sparks!

I know mimic isn't colosus but neither is warhawk... the fact is mimic STILL used organic steel in his fight with wolverine and wolverine STILL ripped him to shreds.. I don't think wolverine has the strength to slice a gaping cut in colosus.. but I think he could stab straight through.. again like hulk...

Grimm22
actauly wolverine cut a good portion of thing face away before

I'm aware

But as it said in the comic itself, the main reason that he was able to do that was because he was in beserker rage. Then Ben bitc* slapped him through about 9 buildings.

Also, scratching a face and piercing a skull are two completly different things

leonidas
interesting how a lot of people are willing to say logan has a pretty good chance against ben, but zero chance against namor or a hammerless thor. ben would go down (most of the time) against either, but he would put up a hell of a fight . . . what's the main reason for thinking he can beat ben 4, 5, 6/10, but then go 0/10 against both namor and thor? is it the strength of the others? the speed?

snoopdogg
interesting how a lot of people are willing to say logan has a pretty good chance against ben, but zero chance against namor or a hammerless thor. ben would go down (most of the time) against either, but he would put up a hell of a fight . . . what's the main reason for thinking he can beat ben 4, 5, 6/10, but then go 0/10 against both namor and thor? is it the strength of the others? the speed? That's easy leo. I am going out on a limb but I think people over-hype Namor a tad.

Just a tad. whistle

capt it up
I'm aware

But as it said in the comic itself, the main reason that he was able to do that was because he was in beserker rage. Then Ben bitc* slapped him through about 9 buildings.

Also, scratching a face and piercing a skull are two completly different things
scratching a face? u could see things brain.
actauly wolverine went into a rage for about a second. then he calmed down as seen in the comic wolverine stopps his attack after he realized what he did to Ben.

Grimm22
interesting how a lot of people are willing to say logan has a pretty good chance against ben, but zero chance against namor or a hammerless thor. ben would go down (most of the time) against either, but he would put up a hell of a fight . . . what's the main reason for thinking he can beat ben 4, 5, 6/10, but then go 0/10 against both namor and thor? is it the strength of the others? the speed?

You make a valid point considering that Ben and Namor are constant rivals in fights.

Some of the most badass fights ever if I may put it at that much smokin'

Grimm22
scratching a face? u could see things brain.
actauly wolverine went into a rage for about a second. then he calmed down as seen in the comic wolverine stopps his attack after he realized what he did to Ben.

Your mistaking Brain for Muscle. Pretty much under his rocky hide thats what Ben looks like. Muscle tissue.

leonidas
That's easy leo. I am going out on a limb but I think people over-hype Namor a tad.

Just a tad. whistle

eek!

snoopdogg
eek! I hope people don't take that the wrong way. I respect Namor.

Black Rob
That's easy leo. I am going out on a limb but I think people over-hype Namor a tad.

Just a tad. whistle You better be glad DarkCrawler's not here...

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Black Rob
You better be glad DarkCrawler's not here... I don't mean to disrepect Namor at all. But leo has a good point that makes alot of sense.

Milkie
http://lolzing.com/albums/GIFsMthruZ/RangerStoleMy.gif

riceroost
We all know that Cyke can vary the intensity of his optic blast and Wolverine, himself, states that the beams are not hitting him as hard as they are able. So I'm kind of lost as to the relevance that scan has. This fight is from X-Men Classics. Not only does he take a very high powered optic blast in the pic shown, but earlier he takes "full-powered" attacks from Cyclops, Storm, Banshee, and Phoenix all at the same time. He recovers from this to take down Peter and then I think Banshee, before Mesmero takes them all out. Even after fighting the entire team (including getting hammered on several times by Colossus) Wolverine is still the last X-Man standing. Mesmero is shocked at how tough Wolverine is.

Wolverine also took Cyclops' hardest optic blast during the Brood Saga. Cyclops was turning into a brood, which means he had no eyelids. He couldn't hold back the force, because his visor was gone. Wolverine jumps into the optic blast to free himself of his restraints, then knocks out Cyclops and takes down the Brood Queen.

Wolverine also took about ten optic blasts while falling off a cliff against Proteus. He got right back up, complaining about Cyclops' way of breaking his fall.

riceroost
I'm aware

Also, scratching a face and piercing a skull are two completly different things More biased goodness from you.

Wolverine being in a berserker rage had nothing to do with him hurting Ben. If you are trying to say the Rage gave him the extra strength to cut Ben you are wrong because Wolverine was on his back using pure arm strength to cut Ben. He had no leverage, lower body, or upper body power in the slash. All arm. Wolverine also wasn't in a rage when he impaled Ben through the shoulder in Enemy of the State.

Ben didn't ***** slap Wolverine. He hit him just about as hard as Thing can hit. Ben was PISSED and in PAIN. You don't ***** slap people in that state. You attempt to kill them. Which is just what Thing did.

And the only reason Thing hit Wolverine was because Wolverine stopped fighting, in complete shock over what he had done in anger. Ben is his friend after all. He tried to apologize. Pretty much let Ben hit him.

Wolverine did not "scratch" Thing's face. He ripped half his face off. It was so badly disfigured he wore a MASK and they wouldn't show his face until a while later. Even then Thing freaked out without the mask on. You dont freak out over a scratch.

TheKahn
This fight is from X-Men Classics. Not only does he take a very high powered optic blast in the pic shown, but earlier he takes "full-powered" attacks from Cyclops, Storm, Banshee, and Phoenix all at the same time. He recovers from this to take down Peter and then I think Banshee, before Mesmero takes them all out. Even after fighting the entire team (including getting hammered on several times by Colossus) Wolverine is still the last X-Man standing. Mesmero is shocked at how tough Wolverine is.

Thank you for elaborating on the relevance of that scan, I really do appreciate it smile. However, my problem is the explanation, or more precisely the lack thereof, from Marvel for how Wolverine would be able to take a "full-powered" attack from Cyclops given the level of destruction it has been shown capable of. If the blast is truly strong enough to punch a hole in a mountain how exactly does Wolverine's skin and bones stay attached to his skeleton under such pressures?

I understand that such practical questions were not always given priority in comics in times past but I do feel that they do need to be addressed in some way for them to account as more than PIS.

Wolverine also took Cyclops' hardest optic blast during the Brood Saga. Cyclops was turning into a brood, which means he had no eyelids. He couldn't hold back the force, because his visor was gone. Wolverine jumps into the optic blast to free himself of his restraints, then knocks out Cyclops and takes down the Brood Queen.

Again Cyclops strongest blast has leveled a forest and ripped an armored sentinel to pieces but yet Wolverine can somehow take it head-on with little effect? I just can not see how those two facts could co-exists.

Wolverine also took about ten optic blasts while falling off a cliff against Proteus. He got right back up, complaining about Cyclops' way of breaking his fall.

The only explanation I can think of there is that Cyke was reducing the intensity of those blasts so that they only slowed Wolverine down and were not strong enough to critically injure him.

capt it up
Thank you for elaborating on the relevance of that scan, I really do appreciate it smile. However, my problem is the explanation, or more precisely the lack thereof, from Marvel for how Wolverine would be able to take a "full-powered" attack from Cyclops given the level of destruction it has been shown capable of. If the blast is truly strong enough to punch a hole in a mountain how exactly does Wolverine's skin and bones stay attached to his skeleton under such pressures?

I understand that such practical questions were not always given priority in comics in times past but I do feel that they do need to be addressed in some way for them to account as more than PIS.

Again Cyclops strongest blast has leveled a forest and ripped an armored sentinel to pieces but yet Wolverine can somehow take it head-on with little effect? I just can not see how those two facts could co-exists.

The only explanation I can think of there is that Cyke was reducing the intensity of those blasts so that they only slowed Wolverine down and were not strong enough to critically injure him.

actauly this is quite easy to explain. a master of martial arts can punch through concreat and yet if he punch u it would not go throught u. I am no sciences major, but I have heard that becuase of the way skinn is it can survive blunted impacts better then rock and other materials. this would actauly make sense, since when u are hit with a bat ur skinn is not broken but ur bones are.

TheKahn
actauly this is quite easy to explain. a master of martial arts can punch through concreat and yet if he punch u it would not go throught u. I am no sciences major, but I have heard that becuase of the way skinn is it can survive blunted impacts better then rock and other materials. this would actauly make sense, since when u are hit with a bat ur skinn is not broken but ur bones are.

I'm sorry but that doesn't quite explain it for me. The reason a human being can punch through concrete and not a human body is quite simple. While concrete has a great deal of compressive and tensile strength, it is also a relatively brittle substance and thus has a very small modulus of elasticity. Also the concrete martial artists punch through is relatively thin. On the other hand, the soft tissues of the human body are much more flexible and elastic. Thus the soft tissues will deform upon impact and dissipate the kinetic energy of an attack where a concrete block will not. Incidental, this is why you do not want to be in a masonry building during an earthquake.

Now the soft tissues can dissipate a good deal of energy, however what we are talking about here far exceeds its limits. Imagine you are holding a stick of dynamite in your hand. Now one stick won't even scratch a mountain, but it is more than enough to easily flay a human body (as someone mentioned just look at the horrific results of small bombs on human beings on the news to get an idea). Now multiply that one stick of dynamite by a hundred or thousand fold and you start to get to the level of Cyke's optic blast. Now you can see why I just can't see how Wolverine's body could ever take a full powered blast given his powerset.

capt it up
I'm sorry but that doesn't quite explain it for me. The reason a human being can punch through concrete and not a human body is quite simple. While concrete has a great deal of compressive and tensile strength, it is also a relatively brittle substance and thus has a very small modulus of elasticity. Also the concrete martial artists punch through is relatively thin. On the other hand, the soft tissues of the human body are much more flexible and elastic. Thus the soft tissues will deform upon impact and dissipate the kinetic energy of an attack where a concrete block will not. Incidental, this is why you do not want to be in a masonry building during an earthquake.

Now the soft tissues can dissipate a good deal of energy, however what we are talking about here far exceeds its limits. Imagine you are holding a stick of dynamite in your hand. Now one stick won't even scratch a mountain, but it is more than enough to easily flay a human body (as someone mentioned just look at the horrific results of small bombs on human beings on the news to get an idea). Now multiply that one stick of dynamite by a hundred or thousand fold and you start to get to the level of Cyke's optic blast. Now you can see why I just can't see how Wolverine's body could ever take a full powered blast given his powerset.
bomb are heat explosion is heat. scots blast has no heat at all.
also f u took a base ball bat to a metal wall u would dent the wall yet if u hit a person with that same abck the skinn would bruise, but it would not dent.
wolverine is also more durbale then a normal humans body and also if u add that his body is always healing it is quiet possable his body would be fine since his body through sheer fact of helaing could stretch his skinn to inhuman degree.

CM-Shazam
i just read the other posts and im convinced the thing wins most of the time.

capt it up
Originally posted by CM-Shazam
i just read the other posts and im convinced the thing wins most of the time.
oh ya tell me whys that?

TheKahn
bomb are heat explosion is heat. scots blast has no heat at all.
also f u took a base ball bat to a metal wall u would dent the wall yet if u hit a person with that same abck the skinn would bruise, but it would not dent.
wolverine is also more durbale then a normal humans body and also if u add that his body is always healing it is quiet possable his body would be fine since his body through sheer fact of helaing could stretch his skinn to inhuman degree.

Firstly, when a bomb or other explosive device goes off a good deal of debris is scattered in multiple directions and there is usually a sizable creator. The reason for this is that there is a release of concussive energy along with the heat at the time of detonation. You are mistaken when you say that the only component of an explosion is heat.

Again explosive concussive energy is quite different from simple blunt force trauma. For example if you were to step on a land mind your injuries would include far more than burns or bruises. The flesh would be torn from your foot and leg (at the very least) soon to be followed by fragments of bone.

As for your contention that Wolverine's healing factor would somehow prevent Cyke's optic blast from having a similar effect on his body as our land mind example did on our hapless victim, I just can not see how that would be possible. That would mean that his healing factor could completely heal the damage from the explosion in the fraction of a second that the explosion is taking place. While Wolverine's healing factor is impressive, I do not think it can be extrapolated to be that powerful.

capt it up
Firstly, when a bomb or other explosive device goes off a good deal of debris is scattered in multiple directions and there is usually a sizable creator. The reason for this is that there is a release of concussive energy along with the heat at the time of detonation. You are mistaken when you say that the only component of an explosion is heat.

Again explosive concussive energy is quite different from simple blunt force trauma. For example if you were to step on a land mind your injuries would include far more than burns or bruises. The flesh would be torn from your foot and leg (at the very least) soon to be followed by fragments of bone.

As for your contention that Wolverine's healing factor would somehow prevent Cyke's optic blast from having a similar effect on his body as our land mind example did on our hapless victim, I just can not see how that would be possible. That would mean that his healing factor could completely heal the damage from the explosion in the fraction of a second that the explosion is taking place. While Wolverine's healing factor is impressive, I do not think it can be extrapolated to be that powerful.
scots blast has no explossion. optice blast does nto work the same way as an explsion ti work like a punch then an explosion sicne it ahs no heat.
hulk punches do not ripp wolverine skinn of so why would scots blasts also it been shown that scots blast do nopt ripp wolverine skinn so i reay doln't see ur piont.?

riceroost
Hmmm First picture was proved wrong the second time Wolverine fought Hulk. He realized he was cutting Hulk, but Hulk was healing so fast he thought he hadn't cut him. So you posting this picture is completely irrelevant.

Where is the second pic from? Strangely you never want to answer this question.

Irrelevant anyway, sice Wolverine obviously can cut Thing, and has twice.

CM-Shazam
the thing is stronger and more durable. i saw two pictures of the thing beating wolvrine. the thing could crush wolverin in 1 hand.

capt it up
Originally posted by CM-Shazam
the thing is stronger and more durable. i saw two pictures of the thing beating wolvrine. the thing could crush wolverin in 1 hand.
u clearly did not read this thread. both pics were proven to be incorrect. one of which is in ultimate x-men and the person who posted it did not post the rest of the fight becuase ulitmate wolverine wins.

the other pic is not 616 wolverine so it unusbale and were not even sure if it is even a real pic or a fake.

yet on this thread we have posted a clear win for wolverine and another time were wolevrine cut haft of thing face aways.

also strength emans nuthing when ur oppnet can take ur best shot and keep fighting and who ur oppnet can killl u with one well placed stabb.
also wolverine the superior fighter and agility and reflex are far things superior.

riceroost
And yet, I've never seen him pierce Colossus. Even though Colossus is scared shitless of Wolverine's claws and the mighty Chris Claremont himself said:

"organic steel - - super strong, but no match for pure adamantium claws."

What Chris says is pretty much how it goes.

Kool-Aid
Wolverine can NOT beat Thing or cut him.

Whatever writer had him doing it just did bad writing....

If 2 giant bolders being swung and sandwhiching his head can't faze him(as seen in FF #533) can't faze him Wolverine's claws shouldn't....

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>