Homemade Qui-Gon Jinn Scene!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

benskywalker88
As the Qui-gon Jinn scene has not only been cut from the movie but was never actually filmed, I've made my own version of that scene! This is only a prototype as I have very little footage from that particular scene, however please tell me what you think of it, thanks big grin :

h**p://w**.putfile.com/media.php?n=Qui_Gon_Scene

The Ones
direct download link (right click, save as)

http://x300.putfile.com/videos/15411364068.wmv

jerlark386
Interesting, how did you do the voices? Are these impersonations or did you painstakingly cut paste bits and pieces of Qui-Gon's and Yoda's voice?

The Ones
quite good, put a little rotation on yoda so its not just there. and try and put in a force ghost of qui gon (from ep 1) talking silently and putting your voice over on it. and make yodas facial more fluent and open his mouth when we speaks. other wise good job. look forward to seeing it completed. i will add this scene to the dvd and reburn it when i get it

benskywalker88
quite good, put a little rotation on yoda so its not just there. and try and put in a hologram (from ep 1) of qui gon talking silently and putting your voice over on it. and make yodas facial more fluent and open his mouth when we speaks. other wise good job. look forward to seeing it completed. i will add this scene to the dvd and reburn it when i get it

Thanks The Ones! Rotation would be difficult unless there is actual footage of the camera rotating on yoda. I don't think Qui-Gon appears as a hologram in Ep I and if so where does this happen in the film? And yoda doesn't need to open his mouth as he's communicating through the force, anyone willing to help me improve this scene e.g. if you have a program which could be useful in adding a certain effect to the scene?

The Ones
i can help. and i meant get qui gon talking and put a little force ghost effect and put him in the scene

The Biker Scout
awesome dude

benskywalker88
Really, that would be great thanks! I see what you mean but I'm not sure once you've added the force ghost effect how you would change the background so it's the same as where yoda is messed Any idea?

The Ones
i need me and someone else to scrumage through the webdocs and documentrys to find qui gon talking while standing up against a bluescreen. then it can be easy for me to work with.

EDIT: can someone send me a good quality quicktime of the scene with yoda meditating on polis masta (sp?)

JediMasterRetro
LOL that was awesome and yea maybe zoomimg in and out of Yoda Medidating is thier like photoshop thats does itwith video so you cut out Qui Gon or maybe you could have him facing backwards and that way you can keep him still

DenKi
Yeah all you need is that 5 Second clip of Yoda Meditating in the Room before Mace comes in and sits with him, its a Good shot for Yoda cause hes far away and it Pans down

green dude
It was pretty good but their right you should show more movement.

When i first saw it i thought he was dead or tranquilaquest was doing his voice lol

Im kidding goodjob how did you get the voices and charaters face ?

And any one eles who views this thread the video pic thing it dosn't down load or give viruses just to tell you and be patient it will take about two minutes matters on computer it might take longer

But alltogether it's a good benskywalker88 you do good for newbie big grin

I hope you make more of these and get The Ones to help you with that maybe you should send your download to Lucas or something that would be great if he had that scene on DVD. and again GREAT JOB!!!! big grin

DeVi| D0do
That's not bad. Not bad at all. big grin

This scene needs to be put back in the film. If Liam wont do the recordings a soundalike will suffice. Whatever. This is an extremely important scene in my opinion.

benskywalker88
Thanks for the advice green dude, once me and The Ones have finished with it and it's good enough I may well send it off to Lucas! That would be amazing if he put it on the DVD and would be welcomed by everyone I'm sure! I did the voices myself in my bathroom to give it a bit of reverb lol! Hopefully if me and The Ones (and anyone else that wants to help) work on this scene and give it more movement etc., it'll be really good and will make up for it's absence in the film big grin

mike_oxbig
lol, that scene was so bad its funny. I dont meen any disrespect but that really was bad

Lazerlike42
It wasn't bad he just doesn't have the right software to make it look authentic.

Darth_Vader05
The file dosnt work for me the video stops at Yoda but then the audio still plays anyone else haveing this problem?

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by Darth_Vader05
The file dosnt work for me the video stops at Yoda but then the audio still plays anyone else haveing this problem?

No I am pretty sure that is how it was made; he did not have the software to make a full scene of it, unless I am wrong....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.