Emma Frost w/o telepathy vs Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Batman
Who do you think wins this fight?

Scoobless
Cage would pulverise her

stormfront13
in the x-men forum people were saying that she had super-human strength class 50 or around that. is this actually true?

Scoobless
i don't know if she's up at level 50... but Cage is more of a badass fighter than her

Draco69
Emma Frost appears to be much stronger. She's took a punch from the Thing and Colossus in her diamond form with ill effects.

Piedmon
No way. Cage is much more experienced in hand to hand, and significantly stronger. He would win this 9/10.

Draco69
Experienced and a better fighter? Absolutely. Stronger? Absolutely not. She's taken blows from the Thing and Colossus with ill effect.

stormfront13
i'd say emma could win, she is a pretty good fighter, is way strong, and can take a lot of damage

Piedmon
Originally posted by Draco69
Experienced and a better fighter? Absolutely. Stronger? Absolutely not. She's taken blows from the Thing and Colossus with ill effect.

I'll assume you're trying to say without....

Anyway, let's see.... I've never seen her w/Thing, so I won't comment on that, but Colossus didn't seem to have much trouble throwing her around in Astonishing 10.

Anyway, surviving one blow unscathed is no great feat. I (or you) could take a single blow to the face from another normal human being (even someone who is much stronger), and nothing would happen more then we'd get staggered back and maybe a bloody nose. A punch to the face isn't the absolute finisher John Wayne's haymaker would have you believe.

Emma might be able to take one blow off Colossus, Thing, or Cage, but a repeated flury of blows? Her exterior would wear down, chip, and eventually she'd have to resort to a little
shifty

stormfront13
and she's going to let him just repeatidly. women are supposed to naturally be more agile, and emma is a really good h2h fighter so she definitley stands a chance

Draco69
That doesn't mean that Luke Cage is stronger. He's Class 25. (USED to be Class 2 but I don't know what the hell happened).

I'm willing to bet that Emma is stronger. And Emma is indestructible in her DIAMOND form. Only if something hits her "weak spot" like Xorn's brother did can it shatter.

Cage ain't gonna "wear" her diamond exterior away. That's not gonna happen.

stormfront13
isn't emma supposed to be class 50?

Draco69
Supposedly. For god's sake she's made of DIAMOND. One of the hardest substances on earth.

Draco69
I'm not saying Cage would definitely lose. He just would have a VERY difficult time hurting her or even knocking her out.

stormfront13
well she's stronger, and probably more durable. she is also a very good foghter, imo she takes this

Piedmon
Women are supposed to be more agile? WTF? o_O I've participated in many races on my track and field team, and I'm going to be totally straight with you: it's an unusual girl who can keep up with even the slowest guys.

As for Diamond being unbreakable.... well, have you ever wondered why we don't make swords out of the stuff (its rarity aside)? It is hard, but diamond is also very brittle. Diamond edged blades have to be constantly replaced because the diamond chips.

Cage could pummel Emma into submission. Not that she's not a determined fighter, but hand to hand just isn't her thing.

stormfront13
well maybe agile wasn't the right word, but flexible. she probably has a speed advantage, just like storm does when facing men h2h. bishop complimented her that she has used her speed advantage to take down many strong opponents when fighting h2h. it is an actual fact that women are more flexible making it easier for them to dodge man things.

BENITO
Probably EMMA due to her Diamond hard skin and last time I checked Diamond was harder than steel.

Evnthough emma's fighting skills are very (r@p.

DarkCrawler
Frost is an good fighter:

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/emma29.jpg

Crazymaniac
Originally posted by stormfront13
in the x-men forum people were saying that she had super-human strength class 50 or around that. is this actually true?

On Marvel Universe, she has strength of 5 so i guess

Piedmon
Oh christ, please never ever mention Marvel's "official," stats (unless you think Sabretooth is really as strong as Rogue w/Warbird's power).

Even if Emma is stronger then Cage (class 50 would put her at half of Colossus's strength, and that's just bull), she doesn't have the experience or intuition of a hand to hand fighter.

Not that Emma's totally untrained, but aside from the mandatory self-defence all X-Men have to know, why would she even bother? Between her telepathy and diamond skin, what would give her the inclination or incentive to train to become an expert melee combatant?

This is just one of the reasons I can't stand characters like Psylocke. She's psychic.... but a martial arts experts..... wtf? Why is this grossly overpowered character even on a team?

The point is, Emma has some training, but how often do you see her get into melee combat? She hasn't had her diamond skin very long, and her psychic abilites are more useful on a team with Wolverine and Colossus for frontliners. Hand to hand is Cage's bread and butter, it's how he does what he does. This is like putting someone who's had years of martial arts training but never been in a real fight (or only a few) up against someone who fights in tournaments and matches all the time.

Cage pounds Emma until she's dazed, then he buries her up to her neck and leaves her to get picked at by gulls. Cage 9/10.

manjaro
while in diamond form she is class 70, cage on the other hand is still teetering between 5 and 10. the mistake MArvel makes in these situations is that they dont do like the old school days and say this guy can lift 80 tons or that guy can lift a hundred. instead they come up with seven or so levels then the say "3" is superhuman-to-25 tons and then when somebody sees there fave charcter in that particular category they just assume that thier power levels are in the higher end of the spectrum.

a classic example would be how all the encyclopedias list Mystique, luke Cage, green goblin at the same class level of 4 and its clear that just from this small list alone we can tell clearly who is stronger in order. and how they have kingpin at 3 and blade at 2(WTF) even on marvel dot com.

Wynndar
Emma Frost class 70? Cage between 5-10? where did u recover these facts?? And diamond is hard...but also terribly brittle in terms of fighting a guy who can shatter granite with his fists. If she is truly "made of diamond" she would shatter when hit by any considerable strong guy.

stormfront13
diamond is supposidly harder than steel so wouldn't that make her more durable or at least around as durable as colossus?? and piedmon emma did a lot of fighting in generation X

Sentry
Doesn't the marvel handbook list cage as class 25? He wouldn't fall easily like some of you think. He has the heart og a lion. If she is a class 70, and an extremely good fighter than she takes it. Not easily though. Rage would shatter Emma, that would have made a better fight.

stormfront13
i'm not sure if cage could shatter her as others think he could. the bullet that hit her hit her stress point and was made of diamond which is supposed to be harder than steel

Sentry
Cage probably couldn't. RAGE the former urban Avenger/New Warrior could.

manjaro
Originally posted by Wynndar
Emma Frost class 70? Cage between 5-10? where did u recover these facts?? And diamond is hard...but also terribly brittle in terms of fighting a guy who can shatter granite with his fists. If she is truly "made of diamond" she would shatter when hit by any considerable strong guy.

from the xmen hanbook that where. not the marvel encyclo. or the OHOMU. its a paperback booklet thingy about 15-20 pages long. if youre lucky you can find it at your local store. if all else fails try ebay or something. anyhoo, it says clearly that as a result of her second mutation she can lift 70 tons

Zahit
i personally refuse to accept the utter stupidity of emma turning into diamond.

Scoobless
Originally posted by stormfront13
diamond is supposidly harder than steel so wouldn't that make her more durable or at least around as durable as colossus??

no.... hardness and strength aren't the same thing... diamond is hard but steel is strong.....it can take much harder impacts ... hardness just means you can't cut or scratch it easily

MERCILOUS
What often makes metals less likely to break is added flexibility. Emma can move while made completley out of diamond, does it not stand to reason that she would be harder to break than regular diamond?

bitca730
I'd go for Emma Frost...

The Fake Macoy
I say that Cage would win, due to his far greater fighting experience.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.