John Stewart vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
John Stewart GL

VS

Superman

I know Hal would probly beat the crap out of Supes, so i think John can too, but what do u think?

Darth Batman
John Stewart wins.

norrin radd

whirlysplat

norrin radd
then the answer is obvious, john wins by using kryptonite, or he fights like a man, and loose.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by norrin radd
then the answer is obvious, john wins by using kryptonite, or he fights like a man, and loose.

bit like Warlock if his gem can steal supes soul big grin

ZephroCarnelian
lol - that's the same with all GLs.

Superman is strong enough to destroy GL constructs, so if they try to fight him mano-y-mano then they lose.

Cept for Parrallax of course, lol.

But I just think making Knite is cheesy lol.

Speaking of cheese - couldn't Superman just throw cheese at them at machspeeds and it would kill a GL???? Happy Dance

DigiMark007
Superman isn't necesarily strong enough to break constructs.

The constructs strength is based upon the will of the GL...a properly motivated GL would be able to create a shield Superman would never break through. Granted, most of the time they aren't that strong...but they have the potential to be.

Properly motivated and passionate, any GL is a force to be reckoned with and could beat Supes. But most of the time it wouldn't happen.

-DM

norrin radd
talking about motivation, imagine doom with a GL ring.

ZephroCarnelian
Or Superman with a Gl ring! eek!

Oh wait....

norrin radd

ZephroCarnelian
Let it out, man. Don't be afraid to show your feelings...

K3VIL
Doom with a GL Ring, damn, that will be the end of the marvel earth

DigiMark007
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian

Oh wait....

I'm not too convinced by this. I just read a JLA where Superman, a supposedly strong-willed individual, gets Jedi-mind-tricked by an amateur telepath into obeying her will. She tries the same trick with John and fails pretty badly. It's bothers him a bit, but he shrugs it off because of his willpower and discipline training.

Though, of course, the ring makes Supes more powerful and he's already a bad-ass, so yeah...it's kind of a scary thought.

-DM

ZephroCarnelian
Yeah - a GL would have specific training to combat brainwashing etc.

Could you imagine the damage a hypnotised GL could do?

'GL?'

'Yes master?'

'Imagine me a weapon to make me ruler of the world.'

'Yes master.'

*WHOOMF!*

'Mwahahaha!'

DigiMark007
Hehe...now I want a GL ring more than anything...

evil face

Actually, in a recent JSA, the Ultra-Humanoid harnesses Alan's power to power an entire city (possibly a world...we never know for sure) when he briefly steals Johnny Thunder's magical imp-genie-thing. The genie's magic creates the world for him (or rather, changes the existing Earth) but Sentinel's power runs it. Scary indeed.

-DM

Fanboy
Superman would win.

Scoobless
John took him down pretty simply in "Rebirth"..... no reason he couldn't do that again... while he didn't KO him he did put him out of the fight by attacking his eyes..... that would leave him defenceless to any other attack

ZephroCarnelian
How did he attack his eyes? They're pretty much as tough as any other part of his body. Must've pulled something special out of his Hat, lol.

(Sounds better than saying he pulled something out of his ring...!)

But I think that if Superman fought ot his full potential, a GL wouldn't stand a chance of contructing anything.

I don't even think a ring's built in safety (cheating) system would work - a GL could be splattered in the first half second.

Of course, if he's not, then K-nite blasts are on their way, lol.

Scoobless
How did he attack his eyes? They're pretty much as tough as any other part of his body.

he hit him in the eyes with some kind of laser looking blast.... he said something about all structures have a weak (or weakest) point... then hit him.......

ZephroCarnelian
Fair enough! If that's the way the writers see it.

Spose it's no worse than Hulk blinding Glads with his own eye beams lol!!!

I still think Supes has what it takes to win. But only if he acts on it.

Give a GL half a chance and the power of that ring is pretty much unstoppable.

In JLA, Supes is in constant awe of the power of the GL rings.

pr1983
F*ck late, i was going to create this thread but this'll have to do...

I think Supes, based on his will... John has had relative success against supes before, but in the 'sacrifice' storyline, john puts a construct around supes, thinking supes is going to attack the jla just like he did batman...

and supes' will overcame it...

so, supes...

Ultraman Baltan
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7d/John_stewart.jpg/220px-John_stewart.jpg

Stewart uses the power of America to kick Superman's sorry ass.
Now if this was Colbert, everyone would die in a second. Besides America, of course.

Alfheim

Oh wait....

Or Batman, wait this gives me an idea!

emporerpants
couldn't supes simply speed blitz him and take the ring away like kara did since supes > supergirl if he feels like it?

Draco69
Originally posted by emporerpants
couldn't supes simply speed blitz him and take the ring away like kara did since supes > supergirl if he feels like it?

First off, anything written by Jeph Loeb is pure PIS and crap.

Second, John has auto-defenses like every Lantern to prevent such a thing from happening.

After all, why the hell wouldn't they put defenses on the most powerful weapon in the universe in order to prevent it from being stolen or copied if all it took was to just take it off the ringbearer...

batdude123
Blah blah blah... John loses. Period.

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
Blah blah blah... John loses. Period.

Wait...what?

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
Wait...what?

No.... just.... no. John loses. End of discussion. He has crap feats compared to Superman, and his record against him is 1-2. Superman for the majority... big grin

Soljer
No.... just.... no. John loses. End of discussion. He has crap feats compared to Superman, and his record against him is 1-2. Superman for the majority... big grin

You don't think that is AT ALL attributed (at least in part) to Superman's S-shield?

Seriously. Newbie Green Lanterns should be able to tangle with Superman.

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
You don't think that is AT ALL attributed (at least in part) to Superman's S-shield?

Seriously. Newbie Green Lanterns should be able to tangle with Superman.

Or the fact that John sucks and Superman has beaten nearly every single Green Lantern he's faced? I find it amusing how with everything he's done, it's ALWAYS his "S-shield" or "PIS." Superman ftw. roll eyes (sarcastic) John loses.

UniOmni
John shoots him in the eyes.......again.

Superman goes "Arghh!", and disappears for several panels.

John wins.

batdude123
Originally posted by UniOmni
John shoots him in the eyes.......again.

Superman goes "Arghh!", and disappears for several panels.

John wins.

Shooting him in the eyes... how is THAT not PIS? blink

Validus
You don't think getting your eyes blasted to shit would hurt? laughing out loud

UniOmni

Nahh. Pis is icebreath stopping him.

Validus
Nahh. Pis is icebreath stopping him.
No Omni, that's wonderful writing. John taking out Supes' eyes and putting him down for a few pages is utter bullshit. Furthermore, Superman breaking one construct from John is undisputed evidence that he is more powerful than Green Lantern.

UniOmni
Originally posted by Validus
No Omni, that's wonderful writing. John taking out Supes' eyes and putting him down for a few pages is utter bullshit. Furthermore, Superman breaking one construct from John is undisputed evidence that he is more powerful than Green Lantern.

True.
I mean, its not like John wields the most powerful weapon in the universe, and can do anything with it that he puts his mind to.

Oh, wait............................... roll eyes (sarcastic)

embarrasment God forbid someone take Superman down with little trouble.

Even though he can do it to damn near every other hero in tights. confused

Validus
Yeah, it's not like all those stories where Superman beats Skyfather level beings like Darkseid and even higher level beings such as Dominus aren't because of editorial shielding or anything. That's just how powerful Superman is. The fact that he's routinely called the most powerful person on Earth even during a time when Earth was home to Sentinel Alan Scott, Madame Xanadu, Dr. Fate, Zatanna, JJ Thunder, Ion, the Hourman android and others clearly more powerful is further proof of the God that is Superman.

UniOmni
Yeah, it's not like all those stories where Superman beats Skyfather level beings like Darkseid and even higher level beings such as Dominus aren't because of editorial shielding or anything. That's just how powerful Superman is. The fact that he's routinely called the most powerful person on Earth even during a time when Earth was home to Sentinel Alan Scott, Madame Xandu, Dr. Fate, Zatanna and others clearly more powerful is further proof of the God that is Superman.

Surely its our own shortcomings that won't allow us to see and understand the glory that is the Last Son of Krypton.

He who wears his underwear on the outside of his pants.

He who defeats the multiversal God that is Dominus, and seals tears in reality by simply rubbing his all powerful hands together in glee.

Or who defeats his foes by the seat of his pants.

Draco69
John blew up a planet or solar system once....albeit it was by accident...but still he did it, ya know.

no expression

Validus
Surely its our own shortcomings that won't allow us to see and understand the glory that is the Last Son of Krypton.

He who wears his underwear on the outside of his pants.

He who defeats the multiversal God that is Dominus, and seals tears in reality by simply rubbing his all powerful hands together in glee.

Or who defeats his foes by the seat of his pants.
Oh certainly. It's not as if John's enemies have ever killed themselves because they flew into his ass. He may have the most powerful weapon in the universe but he doesn't have Kryptonian butt cheeks.

UniOmni
Verily, tis true.

batdude123
Now you guys are getting it. smile Superman ftw.

batdude123
How about we sick Kara on him again? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Validus
How about we sick Kara on him again? roll eyes (sarcastic)
Took awhile for you to come up with that zinger, huh?

batdude123
Took awhile for you to come up with that zinger, huh?

Not exactly a "quip," huh? embarrasment

OneDumbG0
Superman's strength could probably take on several Green Lanterns barring the Kryptonite trick. The thing that Superboy Prime did in Infinite Crisis? Communist Superman did that in Millar's 'Red Son' Elseworlds tale. If nobody has read that, its a pretty sick story. It would be on par with Dark Knight Returns, if Dark Knight Returns hadn't already been replicated to death.

I have 'GL: Rebirth' and 'Sacrifice' and I still think that Superman could easily overcome anything John's will comes up with. We'd like to think that sheer willpower allows you to do anything, but it still fails in many respects in straight up fights. Hal had a ***** of a time against Mongul in 'Emerald Twilight.' His strength was still breaking Hal's bones even through his forcefield. Supes is above Mongul in strength and ingenuity anyway.

From what I've seen, Supes takes it 10/10.

brainchild81
Superman is strong enough to destroy GL constructs, so if they try to fight him mano-y-mano then they lose.

Cept for Parrallax of course, lol.

But I just think making Knite is cheesy lol.
It's more smart than cheesy. John wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.