Doc Savage V Moonknight as Marc Spector

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whirlysplat
The Doc

http://thepulp.net/docsavage.html

v

Moonknights alter ego

whirlysplat
big grin rocks

Accept no substitute

seaapple
I read the info you provided on Doc Savage and checked out a few links. I love Moon Knight, but before he became Moon Knight I think Marc Spector was just a very good mercenary. It says that Doc Savage also had developed his mental skills and detective skills etc. Marc got his edge later through his alter egos, his toughness, the money he collected as a mercenary, and mostly his mystical connection to Khonshu. Sounds like this Doc Savage character put more time into developing a more well rounded ability set.

whirlysplat
I love Moonknight to but: The Doc is an original big grin

seaapple
Maybe Doc Savage vs. Moon Knight is a better battle since it seems clear that Marc Spector gets beaten. But Moon Knight is tricky...sometimes he seems very powerful but he also can get beat down. In Moon Knight #25 he basically gets destroyed by a Vietman vet gone bad (before he comes back with fist spikes and does some destroying himself!)

whirlysplat
Doc Savage v Moonknight it isbig grin No probs Seaapple

seaapple
Now it just depends whose book it is. If it is Moon Knights then Moon Knight gets beaten down, cut, bruised, outwitted, and laid out...then he catches a glimpse of the moon. He composes himself and has one lucky shot...maybe he reflects moonlight of a cresent dart to distract Doc long enough to throw a truncheon and knock him out. Then they realize they are on the same side and go off to fight evil.

If it is Doc Savage's book then he outsmarts Moon Knight and has him down. Then he realizes they are on the same side and...

What do you think?

whirlysplat
Prbably about rightbig grin

The Docs been done well and badly a bit like Moonknight over the years, the writer could also mess it up royally big grin

ZephroCarnelian
Dude - you like the obscure ones, don't you Whirly? wink

seaapple
Thanks, I'll have to look into Doc Savage. Sounds like an interesting classic character!

whirlysplat
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Dude - you like the obscure ones, don't you Whirly? wink

Indeed I do.

I think the boards at the moment are boring and show a very narrow span of comics. Mainly marvel with the big DC JLA characters thrown in.

These are mostly poor excuses for comics. Like Mcdonalds and Burgerking are poor excuses for eating out.

They are mostly rehashes of the same plots with little characterisation and or knock off copies of original ideas.

Savage and Moonknight, like the Fury and Seth thread are both very even and both brilliant characters. Seaapple saw their could be no real winner here early.big grin Credit to him

ZephroCarnelian
lol - add Ghost Who Walks into the fight and you've got a right good battle of the golden oldies!!! big grin

whirlysplat
indeed I loved characters like the Spirit etc

seaapple
Thanks for the kind words whirly. I think these are interesting threads. Especially because they are the same archetype of character so it makes for a good battle. In some other thread people find horrible mismatches in terms of power and try to reason the underdog to victory. Ugh...

Moon Knight is a good character because he had some very good writing (and artwork) in his first series. They even got a little experimental toward the end of their run.

whirlysplat
QUOTE=4020201]Originally posted by seaapple
Thanks for the kind words whirly. I think these are interesting threads. Especially because they are the same archetype of character so it makes for a good battle. In some other thread people find horrible mismatches in terms of power and try to reason the underdog to victory. Ugh...

Moon Knight is a good character because he had some very good writing (and artwork) in his first series. They even got a little experimental toward the end of their run.

So true, I loved the early eighties Moonknight best, it had the feel of the Schwartz/Austin 70's Batman

Originally posted by seaapple
Thanks, I'll have to look into Doc Savage. Sounds like an interesting classic character!

The early nineties books were better than the eighties ones big grin

Good choice

smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.