Shin Akuma vs. Scorpion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CorderaMitchell
Jinzin and I have a disagreement, he thinks Scorpion pwns a full powered Shin Akuma along with the rest of the SF universe, including Ryu,Ken,Oro,Gill,and Bison. Debate, Poll, and Discuss.

Oh and don't bother responding if you don't know a sufficient amount about both characters. evil face

CorderaMitchell
someone did poll w/o sufficient knowledge I see.....

CorderaMitchell
still 50/50 eh?

Xplosive
Akuma easily.

Nataku8188
I've played all the MK games, and seen the animated movie (And the two normal movies) but I can't think of a damn thing Scorpion has done to show the ability to beat Akuma.

Magee
Scorpion really could'nt do anything to Akuma that would give him problems, Scorpion loses badly tbh.

CorderaMitchell
Well according to Jinzin, Scorpion is more powerful than hell or earth and becomes like a god in the netherworld, which is true in some aspects but the fact remains that he can still be defeated no matter how many times he comes back, anyway he still aint beating many. particularly akuma.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Nataku8188
I've played all the MK games, and seen the animated movie (And the two normal movies) but I can't think of a damn thing Scorpion has done to show the ability to beat Akuma.

And Mortal Kombat Conquest, but still Scorpion is more than easy match for Akuma.

CorderaMitchell
Well he is powerful, but jinzin knows little about street fighter and is unable to grasp the power of the main characters, he thinks char like sonya beat akuma easily, because mk has sorcerers and gasp. gods.blowup

Magee
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Well according to Jinzin, Scorpion is more powerful than hell or earth and becomes like a god in the netherworld Oh yea I forgot about that. Scorpion is one bad mutha in the Netherworld! He basically runs the place, I think his power increases something like 10x. But even there Akuma would take him out although it would be a better fight in the Netherealm.

CorderaMitchell
Hey bonus points for creativity, though I love scorpion I know that he is still no match for Shin Gouki

dvampire
Jinzin and I have a disagreement, he thinks Scorpion pwns a full powered Shin Akuma along with the rest of the SF universe, including Ryu,Ken,Oro,Gill,and Bison. Debate, Poll, and Discuss.

Oh and don't bother responding if you don't know a sufficient amount about both characters. evil face

Akuma with ease. He doesn't even need to go Shin to beat him. The street fighter characters are in a whole nother league.

From Street Fighter one you had guys who can K.O. an elephant with one punch (Bolrog the boxer, he also racked a car with one punch with no problem at all in the comic), destory islands with one punch, can survive under depths of the ocean, destory submarines, break giant meteors, and survive in an F-5 tornado without a scratch.

CorderaMitchell
not to mention chun li who tore up tanks with kicks.

dvampire
not to mention chun li who tore up tanks with kicks.

That too! laughing

CorderaMitchell
oh yeah, now we're on the same page.

CorderaMitchell
Here you go jinzin read it and weep...........

jinzin
okay lets put it like this...scorpion can't die by akuma's hands....he has a weakness to two things and TWO THINGS ALONE....neighter of which are in akuma's possession.....magic and sub-zero.....other than that akuma can't do one damn thing to scorpion that scorpion won't immediately laugh off... or recover from.....vaporize him? go ahead he'll back in two minutes. polverize him? good luck....pain isn't a factor for one of the undead. Take his soul? what soul? the one he gave up in order to re-exist? again................. good luck...

the fact is thus...akuma is only capibile of using attacks that cause physical damage on scorpion......he can't do anything else...he can't fight a ghost...and as I just said scorpion isn't one who would notice physical damage...on the other hand...scorpion can incinerate akuma or tear him apart with his hell blades.....if you think that his hellfire or hell blades aren't strong enough to inflict physical damage on akuma...you're out of your mind.....

and the nether-realm? oh man that's even worse than going against an earth bound scorpion!
why? all the elements of the netherealm are under scorpions control....all the sould there under his control....and scorpion doesn't get 10 times stronger there....he gets ten times stronger per hour or per minute there...hence his GODLY status in said realm....akuma can't hold up to that................and you said I don't know anything about sf roll eyes (sarcastic) again are you the pot or the kettle here?

long pig
What exactly can akuma do?
What are some high end feats of his?

jinzin
laughing out loud at the sig!!!! OMG that's hillarious! I didn't know mario was freaky!

akuma's high end feats are sinking a submarine, leveling a mountain, and destroying a comet a third the size of earth, and stealing souls......the thing is none of this would help him against a fighter that simply won't die.......and it will sure as hell not help him in the netherrealm against scorpion...honestly this akuma fanboyism must stop.....

dvampire
Originally posted by jinzin
laughing out loud at the sig!!!! OMG that's hillarious! I didn't know mario was freaky!

akuma's high end feats are sinking a submarine, leveling a mountain, and destroying a comet a third the size of earth, and stealing souls......the thing is none of this would help him against a fighter that simply won't die.......and it will sure as hell not help him in the netherrealm against scorpion...honestly this akuma fanboyism must stop.....

Akuma fought a God like being name Gill (SF3 series) who can never die. And hes way more powerful then Scorpion; And once you die or get K.O. that should be considered a defeat.

jinzin
how? when scorpion appears a minute later?
...it's like the game soul reaver.....even if you get offed in the physical realm you just spring back to life and annhialate whoever did it....the same principle applies here....
and that's if akuma beats him in the first place...again it's force against force here....only one is invulnerable/unkillable to physical means and the other isn't......scorpion has more options to fall back on if one plan of attack doesn't work he can carry out another...if akuma dies or gets KOed that's it....

dvampire
how? when scorpion appears a minute later?
...it's like the game soul reaver.....even if you get offed in the physical realm you just spring back to life and annhialate whoever did it....the same principle applies here....
and that's if akuma beats him in the first place...again it's force against force here....only one is invulnerable/unkillable to physical means and the other isn't......scorpion has more options to fall back on if one plan of attack doesn't work he can carry out another...if akuma dies or gets KOed that's it....

One hadoken can easily vaporize him, heck one punch could off him. Gill resurrects in seconds after hes defeated. Akuma got him in the Shungokusatsu and walked away and Gill still came back alive. And Scropion isn't all that tough if he gets beaten by Kang. smile And if the opponent is K.O. you lose.

long pig
How does Akuma beat champion again?

dvampire
Originally posted by long pig
How does Akuma beat champion again?

By being in the same league or greater then Demitri, Oro, Pyron, Donavan, Morrigan, Gill and lots more. smile

jinzin
and scorpions been beaten by kang in which canon material?

CorderaMitchell
this is sad he still wont face facts, I'm getting bored with him

Noone said you knew nothing, you just know little of street fighter characters and favor mk, thats cool, butI wouldn't argue what I wouldn't know

Scorpion is nigh unkillable but not undefeatable, Drahmin and Moloch did it and they posses no magic damn they have no projectiles really, and Scoripion has been beaten many times before, Akuma , even without max potential can whoop scorpion. He can shake the world in a stomp, your Akuma ignorance/hating or Scorpion fanboyism must stopblowupblowupblowup

jinzin
scorpion got beat in one ending that's not even canon.....again...I beat akuma with sakura...if you want to go by that logic....nuff said....

scorpion's been beaten "many" times before huh? when?

I'm not ignorant of akuma nor do I hate him, stop assuming things you know nothing about........he simply can't beat scorpion here, he doesn't have one of the two things that scorpion has a weakness against....while scorpion has multitudes of things that can hurt akuma....scorpion will just keep coming until akuma is dead....it's that simple....

dvampire
scorpion got beat in one ending that's not even canon.....again...I beat akuma with sakura...if you want to go by that logic....nuff said....

scorpion's been beaten "many" times before huh? when?

I'm not ignorant of akuma nor do I hate him, stop assuming things you know nothing about........he simply can't beat scorpion here, he doesn't have one of the two things that scorpion has a weakness against....while scorpion has multitudes of things that can hurt akuma....scorpion will just keep coming until akuma is dead....it's that simple....

Yeah. Now I'm convinced that you are a MK fanboy. I think you have alot of catching up to do on SF.

CorderaMitchell
what that ending went into continuation, and I never said you were ignorant of akuma, you just don't know as much about him since you seem to love the MK are gods, sorcerors, etc.

Akuma and Gill and bison are basically gods, sorcerers for that matter. Scorpion aint hurtin akuma easily, nor much at all, he has the same old fighting techniques and is slower, weaker, less battle thinking, projectile inferior, etc. and etc. to akuma, and scorpion CAN BE DEFEATED, KILLED EASILY IS ANOTHER STORY, we are talking of who can win in a fight, both can teleport, akuma is better at it, and could avoid scorpions moves with ease, now imagine that at full potential with the will to kill, because in this thread he sees scorpion as worthy....

jinzin
"Yeah. Now I'm convinced that you are a MK fanboy. I think you have alot of catching up to do on SF"

what I have to take this from some guy who thinks akuma can beat the champion of the universe??????confused

laughing out loud BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jinzin
"what that ending went into continuation,"

since when? you show me something that claims that perticular ending to be a part of the canon storyline and I'll concede....

" and I never said you were ignorant of akuma, you just don't know as much about him since you seem to love the MK are gods, sorcerors, etc."

you certainly could have fooled me......"He can shake the world in a stomp, your Akuma ignorance/hating or Scorpion fanboyism must stop".......hmmmmmkinda looks like you did to me......

anyways....so know just because I like one character means I know very little about another? that doesn't make any sense....

"Akuma and Gill and bison are basically gods, sorcerers for that matter."

akuma's no sorceror...

" Scorpion aint hurtin akuma easily, nor much at all,"

why not?

" he has the same old fighting techniques"

no he doesn't....he has three different fighting styles his techniques develop every game....

" and is slower,"

based on what?

" weaker,"

again based on what? scorpion toyed with baraka nomads and killed them while laughing.....then took control over the mutant armies.....barakas are 100 class warriors....scorpion's strong as ****...

" less battle thinking,"

confused again...based on what?

" projectile inferior,"

akuma projectile = death scorpion projectile= death......inferior?

"and scorpion CAN BE DEFEATED, KILLED"

yes he can...just not be akuma....

"both can teleport,"

he has a warping ability....it's not a basic teleporting maneuver it's moving really really ****ing fast....

" akuma is better at it,"

again....where's the proof?

" and could avoid scorpions moves with ease,"

proof?

"now imagine that at full potential with the will to kill, because in this thread he sees scorpion as worthy...."

now imagine scorpion takes him to the neatherrealm and cuts his head off...

dvampire
"Yeah. Now I'm convinced that you are a MK fanboy. I think you have alot of catching up to do on SF"

what I have to take this from some guy who thinks akuma can beat the champion of the universe??????confused

laughing out loud BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yep. You still don't no anything about Akuma. Go play SF1-3, Alpha 2 and 3, Capcom fighting Evolution, Darkstalker 1-the newest one, and SVC: Snk vs. Capcom chaos. big grin

jinzin
half of those games aren't even in sf continuity!

wtf?

do you even know who champ of the universe is?

dvampire
half of those games aren't even in sf continuity!

wtf?

do you even know who champ of the universe is?

They're made from capcom with they're own characters SF and Darkstalkers (SVC being the only one thats not made by capcom). And yes I know about Champ. smile

jinzin
SO WHAT? marvel vs. capcom is partially made by marvel and capcom....I can beat akuma with wolverine...I guess that's canon too then huh?

ImmortalOne
Ive beaten Akuma with................... Cyclops !!

jinzin
exactly.....at least SOMEONE gets it....

dvampire
SO WHAT? marvel vs. capcom is partially made by marvel and capcom....I can beat akuma with wolverine...I guess that's canon too then huh?

What I'm tring to say is they are in a league of they're own. smile

jinzin
just like sakura and wolverine...and HULK KILLER HUMANOID huh?
laughing out loud

long pig
ARE YOU AFRAID OF..................................AKUMA?!?!?!?!?
laughing

jinzin
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

you know it baby! you know it!

CorderaMitchell
"what that ending went into continuation,"

since when? you show me something that claims that perticular ending to be a part of the canon storyline and I'll concede....

" and I never said you were ignorant of akuma, you just don't know as much about him since you seem to love the MK are gods, sorcerors, etc."

you certainly could have fooled me......"He can shake the world in a stomp, your Akuma ignorance/hating or Scorpion fanboyism must stop".......hmmmmmkinda looks like you did to me......

anyways....so know just because I like one character means I know very little about another? that doesn't make any sense....

akuma's no sorceror...

" Scorpion aint hurtin akuma easily, nor much at all,"

why not?

" he has the same old fighting techniques"

no he doesn't....he has three different fighting styles his techniques develop every game....

" and is slower,"

based on what?

" weaker,"

again based on what? scorpion toyed with baraka nomads and killed them while laughing.....then took control over the mutant armies.....barakas are 100 class warriors....scorpion's strong as ****...

" less battle thinking,"

confused again...based on what?

" projectile inferior,"

akuma projectile = death scorpion projectile= death......inferior?

"and scorpion CAN BE DEFEATED, KILLED"

yes he can...just not be akuma....

"both can teleport,"

he has a warping ability....it's not a basic teleporting maneuver it's moving really really ****ing fast....

" akuma is better at it,"

again....where's the proof?

" and could avoid scorpions moves with ease,"

proof?

"now imagine that at full potential with the will to kill, because in this thread he sees scorpion as worthy...."

now imagine scorpion takes him to the neatherrealm and cuts his head off...

Man you know very little of akuma if you think he's a sorcerer,

You are arguing against yourself man, the story ending when scorpion got whooped by moloch and drahmin was smacked right into deception.

Scorpion has been defeated by so many its not even funny, one shungokusatsu and he's gone, the raging demon might as well be more than magic.

Scorpion projectiles are not better than akumas, you sound like a fool, Scorpions projeciles have limited range, akuma has more versatility, and he can shoot them inthe air, and they break tidal waves easily, as a matter of fact, so has ryu's and he could take scorpion easily.

Scorpion aint no match for akuma in the netherworld either,and against shin version pfffft.

Well the fact that he is MUCH FASTER would allow him to avoid those moves don't you think?

You proved you know little of street fighter to even make this a valid discussion, go play some of them on a high difficulty and you Will WEEP, regardless you are used to dial up combos and such , those fighting styles are VERY similar (except for weapons) and just are used to add some meat to the number of limited moves the game has.

Dont give me that baraka garbage and Class this and that, you cansee with your own eyes the fighting doesn't even come close, Sub Zeros army beat baraka armies, and so have many characters,it is not as impressive as you make it seem, since sub zero was then torn like a chicken bone by noob smoke....

Don't waste my time, if you think Shin Akuma can't even HURT scorpion this thread aint changin your mind, and you should talk about proof in a match that hasn't happened yet. Thats the difference between me and you, you like posts, trading cards and every nook and cranny to help you, I use fact and common sense to push back your obvious denial, you have no way to disprove what I say or think quickly to what has been posted, you are ONLY using facts for one character on a match from 2 universes, biased, I THINK SO.

Hoshi
in terms of fightng game the best fighting game considered by the evolution g1 is the street fighter , second is tekken , third is soul calibur and 4 is mortal kombat

CorderaMitchell
Yea i wasn't referring to that but thanks, alpha 3 is like the best fighter ever made, it was the only fighter that could keep you busy for hours on end with world tour mode, best of all no button mashing newb bs.

Hoshi
sorry about that cordera , i know what ypu mean , and that is true , even in hell or heaven akuma would still be above scorpion , and the shunk goku satsu was in fact to be the fastest and strongest move in street fighter games because of its power in the history , but capcom though it would be to unfair to fight against such a power , and they changed it to be only the strongest move , but in a real fight the move he does is as fast as a vicious punch from the powers of darkness

newjak86
It is obvious you guys know little of scorpion. from begining to end he has been one of the most feared characters in MK. One of the most powerful sorcerors in Quan Chi ran from him for his life. Next the Drahmin and Moloch scene. They could not defeat him but managed to throw him in a soulnado of pure good. Since he is from the netherrealm he was highly effected by it. He managed to escape it though. He then managed to kill somebody the Elder Gods feared and had the power to destroy all of creaion and remake it. He jumped right through this guy's chest. This guy beat both Raiden, Sang Tsung, and Quan Chi all at the same time. Also scorpion beat him of the Hell so he wasn't even as strong as he could be. He started off as a spectre full of revenge and has transformed into the champion of the gods. Scorpion is no pushover and could give akuma full power a run for his money though Akuma probably could win in the real world..In the netherrealm Akuma has no chance though. Scorpion is the baddest mofo in that place. So stop saying akuma can beat him there he can't no one can. That is basicaly his domain to have absolute rule over.

Hoshi
scorpion lost to cage and sub zero once , come on!

jinzin
scorpion lost to sub zero while alive...he lost to cage in the damn MOVIE .....in the movie scorpion and sub zero were "buddies" do I really even need to get into how wrong THAT is???

jinzin
I said that akuma was not a sorcorer.....cordera apparently thinks he is of sorts.....

akuma vs. scorpion's projectiles are relative to what you want killed or destroyed..... akuma destroys things with more volume....scorpion's adept at killing individuals.....this is a one on one.....whoever has the most lethal projectile has the better one....that said.....

you want common sense?....okay....

SCORPION CAN HURT AKUMA AND AKUMA CAN'T DO JACK TO SCORPION! that's it nothing left to discuss.....akuma could beat on him all day if he had the power for it and scorpion would just come back taunting him..... akuma is still alive...scorpion isn't....akuma doesn't possess a way to hurt scorpion..scorpion has multitudes of ways to hurt akuma.......akuma can die or be KOed scorpion can't....

you guys keep saying I know little about SF cause I dissagree.....when you have nothing to back it up other than the fact that I don't think akuma's a god......he's a man....a very powerful demon-like man....but a man.... scorpion's a wraith.......akuma can do nothing to hurt him....it's really that simple..... anyways you all seem to think scorpion's lost tons upon tons of times yet you don't answer my questions.....WHEN????

CorderaMitchell
No they were unable to consume the spectre , Drahmin and Moloch eat their victims, Scorpion was well defeated, and inthe fact they could not beat him was thrown into the soulnado. Scorpion has been defeated before by others this shows you are arguing for yourself I never recalled him being invinciple, once his BODY is broken he can come back later from returning from the netherworld, much like raiden returned after he got killed, both had been beaten, get out of your denial, you are not about to prove me wrong in any games bud.

No one said akuma was a sorcerer, you say that and just make up stuff in fact I see none of your biased posts to back this one up so I am going to make my signaturenow....

newjak86
I never siad he was invincible merely stating that akuma could not obliterate scorpion. He could give Akuma a run for his money in the real world. I mean Scorpion was the champion the the Elder Gods if that doesn't prove he is a tuff mofo than you guys are just debating for shake of debating. Scorpion did not get that title by being wooped on by everyone. Also I have never recalled a fight where he has been completely trounced. Altough like I siad Akuma would win in the realm of earth or outside of the netherealm whatever you wanna say. They only thing that got me ticked is when people said Akuma could beat Scorpion in the netherrealm. That just is not the truth no one beats Scorpion in the netherrealm.

CorderaMitchell
sorry sir I wasn' t referring to you , you didn't deserve such a rude response however, Scorpion is beatable in the netherrealm, perhaps only by its other inhabitants, like Moloch and Drahmin who protected quan chi for quite a while, although I do agree Scorpion is one bad mutha in either siuation.

jinzin
ooooooooooooor not....since it's NEVER happened!

who else has beaten scorpion trounced him a physical confrontation I mean?

jinzin

this is a DIRECT QUOTE where you call akuma a sorceror....now you're just lying....pathetic...

CorderaMitchell
Of course it has never happened, I have no problem at all with you saying someone can win its only that you havent taken powers of akuma or sf into consideration, anyways scorpion is a great char and I loved him since 91

jinzin
yes I have.....destroying a mountain top splitting waves and breaking an astroid are impressive feats...but none of those feats will do a damn thing to scorpion that scorpion can't either teleport away from or simply take and come back at......scorpion is beatable yes......just not by akuma...

CorderaMitchell
Man moloch and drahmin did nothing of the sort and took care of him fine, scorpion is ultimatley near unkillable, but not unbeatable,

jinzin
you mean like how sakura took care of akuma?

CorderaMitchell
or dan lol

Nataku8188
you mean like how sakura took care of akuma?

What, that backhand that almost killed her?

Hoshi
the true story of scorpion is The yellow ninja was killed by Sub-Zero in a battle that Quan Chi set up. Scorpion was reborn as a specter and hunted down the killer until getting his revenge at Shang Tsung's tournament. He left the Netherrealm again with news of Sub-Zero's return , only to find that it was a younger brother. Scorpion became this Sub-Zero's protector up until Quan Chi framed him for the death of Scorpion's family. Scorpion eventually found out the truth and brought Quan Chi back with him to the Netherrealm , here is not saying anything about him becoming a "god" in the netherrealm or anything like that , and he cant ressurect in a second after getting beated , he can ressurect after a few months , days or years after getting beaten , and he is not as strong as you guys say he is

CorderaMitchell

this is a DIRECT QUOTE where you call akuma a sorceror....now you're just lying....pathetic...

nah you are in denial, bison would be the closest thing to a sorceror is what i meant, because he does some feats of mind control in the past don't assume I meant akuma.

jinzin
no nataku you're missing the point...you must not have read the previous posts....he's trying to use an ending that isn't the sure way the game ended...and we won't know until the next game........he's basically sayig that because he can beat the game with a character, their ending is canon.......my point: Like when I beat akuma using sakura?

CorderaMitchell
no Drahmin and Moloch owning scorpion was very well continued on into the next game.

Mainstream
"get over here" that never gets old.

CorderaMitchell
true it doesn't but neither does

"Soushi", pathetic

"Ware wai ka, kimo chawa misheymono", I am the supreme master of the fist.

Mainstream
true it doesn't but neither does

"Soushi", pathetic

"Ware wai ka, kimo chawa misheymono", I am the supreme master of the fist.

oh yeah!? "whoa! I know kung fu."

CorderaMitchell
Thats sexy

Mainstream
?????

CorderaMitchell
Don't go silent on me man.

Mainstream
love30 oh please forgive master A-Ku-Ma

CorderaMitchell
where do you find those smilies.

Mainstream
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies.php?&pagenumber=1 here

CorderaMitchell
ty

Hoshi
other thing that never gets old is shun-goku-Satsu end of fight.

CorderaMitchell
Or that sweet and sexy misogi.

Hoshi
damn yeah , maybe the messatsu gou hadouken too

CorderaMitchell
or messatsu shryuken, or messsatsu zanku hado.

Hoshi
damn there are too many things that doesnt get old in street fighter ... , the street fighter 2 for super nes was the total revolution of the fighting games , and is used until today in game fighting tournaments , dont get me wrong , but mortal kmbat wast as revolutionary as the street fighter 2 , you can see that this is true by looking in the games history in ign or game spot

CorderaMitchell
yea, but sf2 is perhaps on of the cheapest games ever made when facing the computer.

Hoshi
yeah , but was the first game where you were able to make big and coll combos

CorderaMitchell
I think it was another version of sf2 you are talking about, there are like 5, have you ever faced the Secret boss Shin Akuma on sf2 turbo, imagine the cheapness of that game , combined with akuma's overall superority, it was just sad.

Hoshi
i know what you mean, i am talking about the first one of the 7 versions of this game

CorderaMitchell
oh i think my friend has that one, only like 8 char, Bison, balrog, vega, and sagat were not selectable.

jinzin
"nah you are in denial, bison would be the closest thing to a sorceror is what i meant, because he does some feats of mind control in the past don't assume I meant akuma."

NO that's clearly not what you meant at all.....Bison's powers are psionic or psychic by nature...he's induced by scientific means....he has never shown any capabilities to show that he's a sorcorer of any sort. he can't conjure, he can't summon, he can't vanquish, he's not a sorcorer...he's more comaprible to a psychic like psylock more than anything.....the only one who comces close to being a sorceror is rose...but neither she nor bison are in this fight so it's a moote point....

admit it.....that quote was a direct retaliation for the fact that you know akuma can do nothing to scorpion that will suffice as lasting damage....you can't even rearrange the words to make that sound like you meant anything different by it, and you made no attempt to correct yourself until I called you out on it....

aside from that...here's what you posted...

the post was clearly a statement about akuma and gill I'm not ASSUMING that you were talking about akuma, I know you were...as would anyone with two eyes in their head and a braind between their ears.....in any case BISON had nothing to do with that quote his name wasn't even mentioned until later....stop pretending like you didn't mean what you said at the time and just own up to the fact that you ****ed up, making a flawed claim about the characters you're trying to defend...

and the netherrealm thing is as KINTRAZ SAID a known fact about scorpion....I guess that's the benefit of having an entire afterlife realm under your control....you're saying scorpion would need months or weeks to recover? since when? SINCE YOU STARTED MAKING UP HIS ABILITIES FOR HIM?!?!?! PUH-LEASE! I mean really...go read something about MK.....sub zero froze him shattered him into tiny pieces and he recouped in no-time.....damn...

CorderaMitchell
who said months and weeks to recover?

And noone was saying they ARE sorcerors or anything directly, you might as well call them one because of their ability to conjure up energy and direct it at will,you know Scorpion is losing so you wont let that fact go.

Anyone who uses mk facts to determine classes and char must be off, if Quan and Shang were true sorcerers, wouldn't they rely on more spellcasting than anything, although shang gets other abilites, and quan abilities come from his magic, a sorceror, they are just sorcerors after all.'
You are using that same old quote because you have no way of proving a win. You came to be correct, and failed miserably. I will however apologize if it sound like I said that you knew nothing at all, since I saw you post on the Game versus forums. I only saw where your bias lies, and it is quite clear you said it yourself.

Scorpion doesn't stand a chance against akuma, you act if noone but sub zero can beat him, making you SOUND, not acutally are, ignorant and one sided bottom line. Stop making 3rd grade excuses like he can just teleport here or there, and use concrete fact.

jinzin
Hoshi made a claim at scorpion's remanifestation period....that wasn't for you....

using energy as a force of destruction is not something that implies a sorcorer....I mean common...would you call havok a sorcorer? no!
the thing is...your "point" about that damn quote changes everytime you talk about it so you might as well stop...I didn't fail....you made sure of that whether you like it or not....

and no quanchi and shang stung are not "just sorcerors" qhan has the friggin medallion strength of said gods....shang stung has been taught in the was of sorcory by shao kahn a ruler of multpile worlds....and on top of that he has the abilities and powers of literally thousands of the best fighters from each generation of the past...either of these characters would give akuma a good run for his money if not outright kill him....

"Anyone who uses mk facts to determine classes and char must be off, "

now you're saying mk stats don't count...? confused you're becomming less and les worth my time....

and no body but sub-zero can kill him...it's basically his bloodright....sorcerors can beat him.....not in the netherrealm though...see that's the thing...even if you could somehow prove that akuma could beat scorpion into the ground in the normal world...you have nothing but to admit defeat if scorpion takes him to netherealm....

concrete facts are thus......akuma as cool as he is is not as physically strong as scorpion....via ryus own admission....
akuma is bound by human mortality...scorpion is not..
akuma can be hurt by scorpion, while at the same time he can't do anything but "fight air" in return...
in netherealm scorpion owns everybody....akuma does not..

CorderaMitchell
No I just have to keep explaining the point to you in their world they are new age sorcerors and the point is irrelivant, period.

You made yourself dig a deeper whole,I'm saying that TITLES don't matter, Quan Chi could be a CHIMERA for all i care, he exists and he is strong.

Shin Akuma isn't going to be stopped by the likes of quan chi or shang. In a match, they aren't even considered worthy, and they are cheap anyways, relying on trickery and therefore downplaying them.

Scorpion is not stronger than akuma by any stretch of the imagination, he is immortal , but so is gill, and none of the guys you mentioned would stand up to him.

We are not saying kill we are saying defeat, and scorpion has been defeated by others than sub zero you are amping ways to win, bats has his gadgets car and everything else., scorpion gets the netherworld like powers. You are making ways for him to win,and it sounds like denial to me why would scorpion have to cheat if he is so great, besides Moloch and Drahmin beat on scorpion many times down there, i don't understand why you refuse to see that to. Shin Akuma is all about ownage baby, if you fought him on max difficulty we wouldn't be having these discussions.

In any means being immortal does not make you a better fighter, he is in a physical avatar, one that can be broken, his body can be soundly defeated, but his soul never rests, and in that case all of these guys and you in me are immortal in that sense, period, ryu could take scorpion without implementing the dark hadou.

jinzin
you're missing the points....yes quan chi and shang could most likely take akuma.....you don't have one thing to prove they can't...
yes he is physically stronger...once again ryu admitted balrog possessed the most raw power over anyone he'd ever fought before...and this was after an akuma fight....scorpion overpowered a baraka warrior (who possess enough strength to lift entire buildings, that's class 100), and then took over the mutant armies...
debating why scorpion should or shouldn't be able to use the nether-relam is ridiculous.....it's one of his powers IF he was being overpowered why wouldn't he use it to his advantage..he's a freaking ninja for christs sakes....it's not like he's "above" cheating. roll eyes (sarcastic)
you're basically saying that akuma can go all out but scorpion can't.....
and batman? he gets to use his gadgets and car cause they are tools at his disposal...once again....it's not out of character to use the best weapons that you have...
and I never argued whether or not scorpion's a better fighter, I clearly think that akuma is the better in that regard....but the thing is scorpions fighting skills are still comparible, he'd still be a good fighter....the main point is however....he doesn't have to be a great fighter because ha can make numerous mistakes without concern....subzero shattered his ghost form into tiny pieces and scorpion recovered withing moments....akuma doesn't have that advantage...and like I said even IF IF IF the fight was going that misreably for scorpion, which it shouldn't considering he has powers granted to him from heaven and hell at this point.....neatherrealm equates to death for akuma.

and finally no...SF fighters are not new age sorcerors.....at all.......again, would you call havoc a sorcorer? with the exception of rose..they are not..

CorderaMitchell
well they were taken by weaker characters, like liu kang, who gave shang tsung plenty of trouble, and if you think liu kang beats akuma, than you wouldn't seriously believe yourself

Scorpion is not physically stronger, more deadly of course, akuma fights a select few, my point was with bats that if this is not a prep match, (not intended anyway) but including all that , scorpion has not the energy or performs feats that akuma does.

Use akumas most powerful powerful techniques, would definitely give Scorpion a run for his money, akuma would own dimitri, and he is well a vampire, in that same category as scorpion and has trained for 5000 years/
thats all i'm saying , and I thought rose and bison were very similar, they have similar powers its all how you use it and bison has done some mind control

jinzin
bison uses mind control but he needs the augmentation of technology to do so....

anyways....scorpion isn't capible of preforming feats with as muh of an emmensity to them as akuma does it's true...but scorpion's more deadly, you said so yourself...
I'm not even saying scorpion would own akuma...of course akuma would eventually beat him on this plain of existance...but it will have been in vein since scorpion can just remanifest and kill akuma immediately after......that doesn't make akuma any less powerful or cool...he just doesn't have the tools he needs in order to be able to defeat scorpion for the count...but then again few people do...like i said before...akuma can use as much power as he wants but he might as well be fighting air since he can't hurt scorpion.....and until I see akuma overpower with raw strength a character in the class 100 category that stat goes to scorp....

lui kang beat shang but it was in a tournement......in mk rayden and shang had to seriously depower themselves just to participate in the tourny......shang even had to obide by specific rules to the fight.....lui's a boring character...that doesn't make him weak however...

CorderaMitchell
OK i will come to an agreement on this since you brought up a great point, something you have a knack for. stick out tongue

You mentioned the new Champion scorpion that one is badass, and would own akuma up and down on the netherworld, my problem was with the moloch and drahmin, who are strong but never could come across an akuma and not live to regret it.

I just thought you were thinking of the average akuma, and it seemed like you were not trying to imagine the uberpowerfullness of SHIN AKUMA., BUT you understand you were just holding back because I did the same...........

I already told you I loved scorpion but liu, yeah he can stay dead,

My favs:
Scorpion, Drahmin, Cyrax, Noob Saibot, and Johhny Cage(don't ask me why,) and in games, definitely noob-smoke.

jinzin
"but liu, yeah he can stay dead,"

laughing out loud

so i guess you won't be playing mk anthologies..

CorderaMitchell
Oh no I' will, i liked deception a 4/5 anyday, and liu aint that bad just unintersting. Liu was dead but not dead as in not in the game i knew that you meanie.

jinzin
no...I knew that...I just figure since you dislike lui so much you may not bother with a game devoted to his character....when I play the game it will definitely be for the stroyline rather than for him..that's for sure...

CorderaMitchell
did you read my pm I hoped you did.

sf master
http://981.txmafia.com/

akuma vs. scorpion right here tell me if you want the sequel!

Orestes
The thing about characters who "can never die" is that yes in fact they can die; they just haven't met someone powerful enough to kill them permanently yet. Like for example, pit Freddy Kreuger against, say, Lucifer ... and Freddy will be removed from existence FOR GOOD.

But Freddy can't die permanently!

Well, yes he can. He just hasn't been pitted against a being capable of making it happen. wink

That said, my vote goes to Akuma.

Tha C-Master
of course only fanboys feel otherwise

jinzin
Originally posted by Orestes
The thing about characters who "can never die" is that yes in fact they can die; they just haven't met someone powerful enough to kill them permanently yet. Like for example, pit Freddy Kreuger against, say, Lucifer ... and Freddy will be removed from existence FOR GOOD.

But Freddy can't die permanently!

Well, yes he can. He just hasn't been pitted against a being capable of making it happen. wink

That said, my vote goes to Akuma.

that's not a good analogy at all....where does freddy get his power from?
.....demons...who are under therule of who?....
....the devil....

akuma doesn't supply scorpion scorpion's powers so your comparison is moot... huh

also the difference between the powers of akuma and scorpion aren't NEARLY as lopsided as those between Lucifer and a friggin dream demon....

Tha C-Master
sigh...
the memories

Orestes
that's not a good analogy at all....where does freddy get his power from?
.....demons...who are under therule of who?....
....the devil....

akuma doesn't supply scorpion scorpion's powers so your comparison is moot... huh

also the difference between the powers of akuma and scorpion aren't NEARLY as lopsided as those between Lucifer and a friggin dream demon....

It wasn't meant to be taken as a direct comparison. My intention was simply to demonstrate that "unkillable" is generally an erroneous term ... much like "unbreakable" (so-called unbreakable things invariably get broken -- it's almost a rule that once declared unbreakable, they MUST sooner or later break!). Insofar as I illustrated that fact, I think the analogy served admirably.

Whether Akuma's power is enough is a separate, debatable question. I think it is. But of course, that's just me. wink

sf master
im just gonna jump right in. here is akuma vs scorpion tell me if you want the sequel

http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/kombat_pavilion.html

sf master
http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/kombat_pavilion.html

ignore that link here is the real one

sf master
**** the link doesnt work it does but it doesnt get you to the video
click the link and follow these directions
instructions:
on the far left click on mk vs. sf
find akuma vs. scorpion
the sequel is on there too

TwisterGameX
So, my game thread gets moved and this is up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.