Full Power DCU Spectre vs. Phoenix Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ImmortalOne
Discuss.........

kgkg
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Discuss.........
what is full power?

full power spec = presence ? no

Superherovandal
he would be more powerful than anyone except Presence and TOAA and someone with HOTU.

Mider
The Phoenix Force has been reconned with this whole multiversal shit but if any of you read the Abraxas saga EVERY cosmic entity is multiversal from Eternity down to Galactus and even down to most every single person and entity few if any variations happen between the universes of the MU Eternity is the whole of the universe while I belive If He was destroyed The PF would live to create a new one does that make it more powerful perhaps depending on how long it would take to recreate the multiverse and the like.

whirlysplat
I'm going to shock everyone and give this to Phoenix, basically cause I have never enjoyed the Spectre, "The spiritof Vengence" bit leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. Phoenix force is one of the few cool conceptsat marvel, hence I never really argue against it big grin

Keep the Faith big grin

Stay Whirly

beer

Whenever you can eek!

GalacticStorm
Well go to the Phoenix Vs IG thread and read all of the posts and you will see why phoenix could win this. Its silly to assume that Spectre full power equals Presence. That slike saying Juggs full power equals Cytorrak. It just doesnt worl like that. Prsence isnt going to give anyone his full absolute power. In Marvel TOAA has an aspect which is the primal force of creation. It is this that joined with Jean creating the phoenix. The phoenix isnt a separate cosmic entity unto itself. This primal force of craetion however is still clearly stated to be second to TOAA. Its hard to do such high tier cosmic battles like this and its boring

ImmortalOne
So Spectre looses ??

markolin
I'd say a more logical pairing would be Spectre against a White Phoenix of the Crown.The phoenixes "burn away what doesnt work" and are implicitly likened to angels (the Seraphim),so in some ways have a function roughly similar to the spectre.
The Phoenix Force is more like the Source,it doesn not act itself.
We've never seen either at full power.We dont know whether both can be allowed to be at full power outside their Multiverse.If the phoenix is related to the Crown (which is another name of God,like Source or Presence) this means that there is only one God which acts in different ways in different multiverses,or different aspects of God each presiding its own Multiverse?

ZephroCarnelian
Both of these being are forces controlled directly by The Presence.

It's reasonable to assume that the one who'd lose would only lose because the Presence wants them to...

Dizzle
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Its silly to assume that Spectre full power equals Presence. That slike saying Juggs full power equals Cytorrak. It just doesnt worl like that. Prsence isnt going to give anyone his full absolute power.

Spectre's powered directly from the Presence, his power constantly changes based on the Presence. So his full power would be equal to that of the Presence... Presence wouldn't do that, but it says full powered...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Dizzle
Spectre's powered directly from the Presence, his power constantly changes based on the Presence. So his full power would be equal to that of the Presence... Presence wouldn't do that, but it says full powered...

It does indeed say full powered but its just speculation saying that Spectres full power is Presence. You have to go by the characters strongest showing otherwise this thread is pointless. Its just gonna come down to a Presence Vs TOAA. Juggs full power isnt Cytorraks full power. It just doesnt work like that im afraid.

GalacticStorm
Presence would never give its full power to anything. It makes sense that it would keep some back. As a precaution

Dizzle
I'd say its logic that says the Full Potential of Spectre is equal to that of the Presence... Spectre draws his power directly from the Presence, so logic would say he can draw all of it, if the Presence so wills. Not saying he would, but he could...

whirlysplat
If the power is infinite its just that, No such thing as infinity + 1

big grin

GalacticStorm
I'd say its logic that says the Full Potential of Spectre is equal to that of the Presence... Spectre draws his power directly from the Presence, so logic would say he can draw all of it, if the Presence so wills. Not saying he would, but he could...

No that is not logical. Full potential Spectre would never be given the full power of God. Presence equips him with the resources needed to defeat foes. It doesnt mean that he has to be more powerful than them. Of course there would be an upper limit to the amount of power Presence would bestow on Spectre. Its common sense. The Prsence would always hold something back as a precaution. If it gave Spectre all its power whats to stop Spectre from rebelling? Its just speculation that full power Spectre equals presence in power.

Dizzle
Ok, Presence gives Spectre all his power -1... No limits displayed on the Spectre so far. And you're right, the Presence gives him all the power needed for him to do his job. Now his job is to destroy the PF...

whirlysplat
If there power is infinite it can give him as much as much power as it wants it will still have an infinite amount left big grin Thats the ironic thing about infinity its infinite big grin

Ok, Presence gives Spectre all his power -1... No limits displayed on the Spectre so far. And you're right, the Presence gives him all the power needed for him to do his job. Now his job is to destroy the PF...

GalacticStorm

Dizzle did you not read my posts? That is going to just turn this into a Presence Vs TOAA thread as you would know if youre up to date with your phoenix stuff. Check out the IG Vs Highest phoenix avatar thread and enlighten yourself.

As it stands this can only be judged by mentioning their highest feats in the comics. Otherwise its going to reach a dead end because we will hav to pit the supreme beings behind the powers against each other and that is lame and you can only come up with a draw as the answer because TOAA is Marvels interpretation of God just like DC's is Presence. One can only assume theyre equal.

Dizzle
Since when has PF been proven to be God? We know Spectre's power comes from the Presence. If TOAA is indeed equal to the Presence, and PF is below TOAA, then Spectre still wins.

Mider
The Presance has supposidly created entites in the past to be as powerful as He supposidly both Archangel Micheal and Lucifer Morningstar have been said to be equal to The Presance of course They both have to work together, Lucifer was going to The Presance's successor and The Dark Beast although not created by The Presance is as powerful as The Presance.

GalacticStorm
Since when has PF been proven to be God? We know Spectre's power comes from the Presence. If TOAA is indeed equal to the Presence, and PF is below TOAA, then Spectre still wins.

TOAA = Presence

Phoenix avatars are vessels for TOAA's essence. They die or transcend their former existence and are reborn as avatars. They take on the name phoenix and generate the Phoenix energy signature as a symbol of their death and then subsequent rebirth into higher beings. Take a look at that IG Vs Phoenix thread. Jean as Phoenix of the white crown is top of the phoenix hierarchy the phoenixes are likened in current marvel continuity to seraphim making jean more akin to Archangel Michael of DC. Spectre is more like LT.

Spectre derives his power from Pres. Spectre is also below Presence just like Jugg is below Cyttorrak

Dizzle
Lucifer and Michael are not as powerful as the Presence. Like Whirly said, Infinite power is infinite power. You can't get much infinite-er than God. I think the Great Evil beast is the opposite of the Presence, the only thing it doesn't have power over. All of the above would beat the shit out of the PF.

Dizzle
The Seraphim thing isn't directly stated. The heirarchy is mimiced, but no one says that the "God" of that heirarchy is necessarily TOAA. I gave 2 book references on the subject in your little IG vs. PF thread.

I say Godmessederaphims::PF:Avatars. It's an analogy, which doesn't tell you anything about their relationship in power to TOAA at all.

And yes, Spectre is below the Presence, but the Presence can give him all the power he wants to, meaning the Spectre can, in essence, do anything that the Presence can, with a proper amount of backing from the Presence.

GalacticStorm
"Lucifer and Michael are not as powerful as the Presence"

No theyre not yet they are his favourites and they reguarly trounce Spectre. Going by current continuity Jean as Phoenix of the white crown is akin to Archanel Michangel and LT akin to Spectre although unlike his DC counterpart LT's power levels do not fluctuate.

GalacticStorm
"The Seraphim thing isn't directly stated"

No it isnt however it is so heavily suggested and the comics are so saturated with the symbology that it cant be ignored. Only those who just gloss over their comics and focus on the pretty pictures would fail to take note of it.

Dizzle
I meant that it never establishes that religious God is paralleled by TOAA, meaning that the fact that they have roles similar to angels does not mean that they would have power akin to that of angels like Michael... Stop trying to twist words.

I'd say the full potential of the Spectre would beat LT, because his power DOES fluctuate, according to the situation.

Beyonder
Spectre wins.

Mider
Why would TOAA beat The Presance look at there hiracy's TOAA's top guy is LT while The Presance has guys who are higher then LT in a drop of a hat and to think The Spectre is not even the higest on that list. The Source is kind of like the PF for DC and it seems that not even It can defeat Lucifer Morningstar i say that cause Lucifer Morningstar treats The Source like a nobody.

Dizzle
If the Presence really wanted Lucifer dead, Spectre would probly be able to kill him... Creations are nothing, Presence and TOAA are, for all intents and purposes, equal.

Cosmic Flame
If the Presence really wanted Lucifer dead, Spectre would probly be able to kill him... Creations are nothing, Presence and TOAA are, for all intents and purposes, equal.

True. For that matter, TOAA could empower Aunt May with enough power to put the slap down on the LT...That's ultimately irrelevant.

Beyonder
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
True. For that matter, TOAA could empower Aunt May with enough power to put the slap down on the LT...That's ultimately irrelevant.

True. It'd be like when Galactus turned Aunt May into Golden Oldie.

This time, however, it's Golden Oldie X infinity.

GalacticStorm
I meant that it never establishes that religious God is paralleled by TOAA, meaning that the fact that they have roles similar to angels does not mean that they would have power akin to that of angels like Michael... Stop trying to twist words.

I'd say the full potential of the Spectre would beat LT, because his power DOES fluctuate, according to the situation.

Marvels supreme being is TOAA that is common knowledge and fact in Marvel continuity. DC's supreme being is Pres. Thats all we need to know. Marvel has cleverly opted not to go for the whole religious theme with their supreme beings. The readers of Marvels comics arent all of one religion so i believe it was clever of Marvel not to opt for a particular religions take on things when dealing with their higher beings. That doesnt mean DC's are more powerful just because they directly link their comics higher being to a Christian real world God. If thats where you were going with your past posts id be very careful if i was you.

Jean is the Phoenix of the white Crown. Top of the seraphim likened phoenix hierarchy making her an archangel. LT has been shown to be Marvels equivalent of Spectre. With LT being a cosmic judge appointed by TOAA and Spec being Gods wrath.

We cant directly assess who is more powerful than the other. Thats too hard and pointless when its between beings above Eternity level. Howdo you compare each characters measure of infinity. Exactly you cant.

The only way to settle this is by going by their feats and showings in comics. While thats not ideal its alot better than arguing over who's the equivalent of who.

Agreed?

Mider
The Spectre almost took over Heaven. He was one of the only beings to just slow down Anti-Monitor, He made Parallax scared, He is not part of the creative process of DCU like Pheonix was so you cant really use Him not creating the universe as a point, Pheonix on the other hand has been shown to be beaten by guys just under the power of Eternity when This Universes PF was consumed by The Goblin Force but if you were to put all of the PF's into the main PF i still dont think She'd have more power then the whole of the multiverse only Beyonder was a being ever able to do that not even Eternity can do that, also The Brothers i dont think there are many beings at all who can equal the combined power of the multiverse sept TOAA and The Presance or BOTH Archangel Micheal and Lucifer Morningstar oh and if it takes Archangel Micheal and Lucifer Moringstar to create a multiverse while TOAA has to drain all His powers on creating the MU doesnt that make The Presance more powerful since He is said to be more powerful then The Angels combined???????//

Beyonder
Jean is the Phoenix of the white Crown. Top of the seraphim likened phoenix hierarchy making her an archangel. LT has been shown to be Marvels equivalent of Spectre. With LT being a cosmic judge appointed by TOAA and Spec being Gods wrath.

Galactic Storm:Marvels supreme being is TOAA that is common knowledge and fact in Marvel continuity.Marvel has cleverly opted not to go for the whole religious theme with their supreme beings.

Therefore, TOAA does not equal Phoenix Force. As for the Creator, the White Crown, and Seraphim sh!t - it has nothing to do with TOAA. As you yourself acknowledged, TOAA is Marvel's supreme being - and Marvel has "opted not to go for the whole religious theme with their supreme beings."

Every cosmic story has pointed to LT as second only to TOAA. Where you get this idea that LT is below PF is beyond me. Make your arguments about PF having religious symbols and such that point to this and to that all you want to - BUT IT REMAINS that Marvel DOES NOT want to have their supreme being having any religious theme to it.

Nope. Full powered Spectre (below Presence) is equal to LT IMO. PF would get stomped by Spectre.

As for Lucifer and Michael, Spectre was never at full power when he went up against either. Heck, Spectre got his ass kicked by Michael as he tried to demand to speak to the Presence. Guess what, Presence didn't want to speak Spectre - that's why Michael was able to stomp him.

Dizzle
Exactly, Presence has never commanded the Spectre to fight Michael or Lucifer... I'd also say that if the Presence willed the Spectre to destroy LT, he could do it... But that's just me.

GalacticStorm
"
Galactic Storm:Marvels supreme being is TOAA that is common knowledge and fact in Marvel continuity.Marvel has cleverly opted not to go for the whole religious theme with their supreme beings.

Therefore, TOAA does not equal Phoenix Force. As for the Creator, the White Crown, and Seraphim sh!t - it has nothing to do with TOAA. As you yourself acknowledged, TOAA is Marvel's supreme being - and Marvel has "opted not to go for the whole religious theme with their supreme beings." "

Have you ever heard of a thing called an aspect? I think if you reread through my postst on the Phoenix/TOAA thing you'll see that word crops up quite a lot.

DC has the source, the word etc . Different parts of Presence which are treated as separate even when it comes to rankings yet are still part of the same whole.

A phoenix is a union between one with phoenix potential and THE primal force of creation. The force that is everything and created everything. This force is said to be second only to TOAA. Yet Jean is called Phoenix OF the white crown. The White Crown title making her a sephiroth a vessel for the essence of GOD. But wait a minute. A phoenix is s union between a phoenix potential type and THE primal force of creation so guess what that means guys. That force is an aspect of TOAA. Its common sense really. You would think the supreme being of all existence would at least have something to do with the creation of all that is.

"quote:

Agreed?

Nope."

Well actually i was talking to Dizzle who ive enjoyed debating with for the past few hours. roll eyes (sarcastic)

"As for Lucifer and Michael, Spectre was never at full power when he went up against either. Heck, Spectre got his ass kicked by Michael as he tried to demand to speak to the Presence. Guess what, Presence didn't want to speak Spectre - that's why Michael was able to stomp him."

Marvel deals with equivalents. I never once said Jean is Michael or whatver. I said she is akin to him in terms of his role as an archangel.

Beyonder
"
Have you ever heard of a thing called an aspect? I think if you reread through my postst on the Phoenix/TOAA thing you'll see that word crops up quite a lot.

DC has the source, the word etc . Different parts of Presence which are treated as separate even when it comes to rankings yet are still part of the same whole.

A phoenix is a union between one with phoenix potential and THE primal force of creation. The force that is everything and created everything. This force is said to be second only to TOAA. Yet Jean is called Phoenix OF the white crown. The White Crown title making her a sephiroth a vessel for the essence of GOD. But wait a minute. A phoenix is s union between a phoenix potential type and THE primal force of creation so guess what that means guys. That force is an aspect of TOAA. Its common sense really. You would think the supreme being of all existence would at least have something to do with the creation of all that is.

Let me explain this to you. Marvel does not went their supreme being with religious themes to it. PF does not have any relation to TOAA. And aspect? Your only guessing she does. LT serves TOAA. Nobody has ever stated PF as an aspect of TOAA. Nor has anything proven that TOAA has any relations with PF.

Primal force and creation are used alot. It's like the word "GOD." They're thrown around alot. Heck, Thanos with the IG called himself GOD. Warlock himself called himself GOD and thought himself as such. Magus called himself GOD when he had the IG.

Primal force = really old power
creation = anything created

Adam Warlock - the father
Magus - the son
Goddess - the holy spirit

Together they are GOD - or was GOD when Warlock had the IG. Warlock seperated himself from both good (Goddess) and evil (Magus) to become a logical GOD.

Anyways, Magus is akin to Lucifer in terms of his role. Blah blah blah. There, I just created my Holy Trinity.

Synchro
Exactly, Presence has never commanded the Spectre to fight Michael or Lucifer... I'd also say that if the Presence willed the Spectre to destroy LT, he could do it... But that's just me.

Yup, I wholefully agree. The Presence would not give Spectre all of his power, but he can give Spectre power that tops ANYONE in the multiverse(except TGEB).

GalacticStorm
"Let me explain this to you. Marvel does not went their supreme being with religious themes to it. PF does not have any relation to TOAA. And aspect? Your only guessing she does. LT serves TOAA. Nobody has ever stated PF as an aspect of TOAA. Nor has anything proven that TOAA has any relations with PF."

You of all people explain anything comic book related to me? LOL. Thats quite laughable.

All you've done basically is restate my point. I know that Marvel doesnt want their supreme beings to have religious themes. I was the one who said that in my post so why would you have to explain any of that to me? *sigh* That is exactly the reason why its heavily suggested INSTEAD. Through a saturation of symbology and the uses of phrases and terms which directly link Jean to GOD. Not A god THE GOD. Marvel have just heavily suggeested all of this and its quite apparent for those who delve into comics for their hidden depths among other things as opposed to the pretty artwork.

"
Primal force and creation are used alot. It's like the word "GOD." They're thrown around alot. Heck, Thanos with the IG called himself GOD. Warlock himself called himself GOD and thought himself as such. Magus called himself GOD when he had the IG.

Primal force = really old power
creation = anything created"

Youre quite correct. They are thrown around a lot. However when used together as is the case for Phoenix they take on a whole different meaning. Jean is one with THE PRIMAL FORCE OF CREATION making her a phoenix. Understood? Cool.

" Adam Warlock - the father
Magus - the son
Goddess - the holy spirit

Together they are GOD - or was GOD when Warlock had the IG. Warlock seperated himself from both good (Goddess) and evil (Magus) to become a logical GOD.

Anyways, Magus is akin to Lucifer in terms of his role. Blah blah blah. There, I just created my Holy Trinity."

Nice idea. Rubbish execution. Theres a difference my boy, a big difference. Adam isnt stated to be linked to the primal force of creation that created and is everything.

Adams name doesnt refer directly to him being a vessel through which God essence can enter the world of man.

Adams story or comics arent rife with symbology and parallels to religious themes. For example he isnt regulated by an unheard voice which sends him into the multiverse below to heal or disinfect from within our plane of existence Kind of like Gods seraphim who traditionally look like fire emblazoned humans with wings who are sent down from the heavens to heal the world of man and put right his wrongdoings. Is it me or does that sound just too painstakingly familiar to ignore. Or maybe thats exactly what you want to do in order to win this debate B? Whats up. Not much going on in the real world?

Mider
Get off His back Galacticstorm youd crawl through glass just to prove PF is the best.

Beyonder
You of all people explain anything comic book related to me? LOL. Thats quite laughable.

And thus we see you laughing at yourself. Should I call Batman to show you to your Arkam Asylum room?

Like I needed you to point that out to me? Maybe you should dig up threads involving LT or TOAA and see my opinions on the matter.

As for why? I'm quoting you that's all and pointing things out.

Again, Marvel doesn't care about angels and such. TOAA is served by LT. For all your symbols and such, LT is second only to TOAA. The creator or such could be another. It's not TOAA. LT serves TOAA. An aspect? TOAA doesn't have aspects. There's only one being LT acknowledges - it's TOAA.

laughing Even if this was Christmas and you've been your best all year - even Santa Claus can't make your wish come true. PF ain't an aspect of TOAA. LT has never acknowledged anyone else but TOAA. Thanos with the HOTU never acknowledges Phoenix or primal force of creation.

Nice. Warlock was originally known as HIM. He was born from a cocoon. When he emerged he did things on Thors level. He battled Man Beast to save counter Earth, who High Evolutionary lost. He was crucified like Jesus. Later on, he came back to life. Fought with others to take the IG from Thanos. Then became GOD. Guess what, even this GOD was not a match for LT.

In the HOTU, Warlock shows up again to stop Thanos.

Warlock=Jesus

Your so right. Warlock books doesn't have any religious symbols and such. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sentry

The same goes for Spectre. If the TOAA willed LT to destroy Spectre, he could do it. If both gods backed each of their servants, it would ultimately result in a tie.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Sentry
The same goes for Spectre. If the TOAA willed LT to destroy Spectre, he could do it. If both gods backed each of their servants, it would ultimately result in a tie.

Logical.

Sentry
Warlock is the man. He convinced Thanos to undo everything he did. He's the messiah of the marvel universe. He was there in the Infinity Gauntlet Saga. Again for the Infinity Wars. And again for THE END. Warlock kicks a$$.

Sentry
People think Superman can take Warlock...Pfftt..

Synchro
Originally posted by Sentry

Can you give me references for this? LT and Spectre both serve the supreme beings of their respective universes, true. But the basis of LT's powers is different than The Spectre's. Dizzle and I are saying such things because it was already STATED from the get-go that The Spectre gets his powers from The Presence. I have never seen LT or anyone else say that LT also constantly gets his power from TOAA.

Sentry
Originally posted by Synchro
Can you give me references for this? LT and Spectre both serve the supreme beings of their respective universes, true. But the basis of LT's powers is different than The Spectre's. Dizzle and I are saying such things because it was already STATED from the get-go that The Spectre gets his powers from The Presence. I have never seen LT or anyone else say that LT also constantly gets his power from TOAA.

No I can't. I already know LT was given full power by the TOAA and Spectre constantly relies on power from the Presence. I must've misunderstood Dizzle. He said this:

ImmortalOne
Hey WARLOCk dude....... think you can handle Spectre ??

long pig
why is lucifer, who is an evil bastard, God's favorite?

leonheartmm
lets not forget that spectar is only A WRAITH of god, not god himself, so please dont talk about "if god willed him to" because the wraith of god will NEVER have powers equal to that of the presesmce even if the presence fully supported the spectar, remember the first rule of omnipotence, never WILL someone else to have equal or greater power than yourself.

ImmortalOne
I agree... afterall A wise guy with unlimited power will never grant another person with the same unlimited power as himself...

And God is wiser than anyone else !!!

The Spectre at full power maybe about 99999999/100000000 of Presence

So how will that much powered spectre will handle PF ?

Oh yeah can anyone give details of Spectre's abilities, you know ... force blasts, molecule rearrangement, psionic, ???

leonheartmm
i dont think spectar can even hope to attain one millionth of the power of the presence just like tribunal can not hope to attain any small fraction of the power of TOAA.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.