Gladiator + Thor vs Onslaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Okay, remember the Onslaught-Saga? Remember how the only member of Earth's Heroes (other than Savage Hulk) that even helped at all was Thor, since everyone elese wasnt strong enough. Well, what if Gladiator was there also helping Thor. Then would Gladiator and Thor have been able to defeat Onslaught on their own?

(THERE ARE 3 BATTLES)

1) Glads + Thor vs Onslaught w/ Magneto + Prof. X.

2) Glads + Thor vs Onslaught w/ Magneto, Prof. X, + X-Man.

3) Glads + Thor vs Onslaught w/ Magneto, Prof. X, X-Men, + Franklin.

So who wins each fight?

DigiMark007
Thor's hammer has traces of metal in it. Even though Thor is probably better overall, any incarnation of Onslaught (and thus Magneto) might be a bad matchup for him.

I'd take Onslaught, in any form, over these two, but they'd make a fight of it until Onslaught got X-Man in him.

-DM

wannabe
Onslaught fought nearly all terran heroes...at the same time...and won(in a way)!!!
Thor and Gladiator are h2h fighter and Onslaught a being of psionic energy, so no chance for the two...in any of the three cases. Besides, a skrull(i guess it was) who had taken over Prof.X appearance and powers managed to simultaniously knockout Gladiator AND Oracle within a second and with ease.
By the way, i have to make a stand for good old Charly and his abilities, who has been underestimated a lot lately. This man has successfully faught DARK PHOENIX!!! That he is bound by a strict code of sentience and doesn't express the full potential and range of his abilities to finish the uberopponent of the day on a day to day basis like the psionic members of the various X-teams(Emma might be positive exeption), does not mean he is not the most capable telepath on earth.
F*** all those Dark Phoenixes, Godlike Cables, Shamane X-mans and "I can connect myself to every sentient being in the universe"-Martian Manhunters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rock

K3VIL
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Thor's hammer has traces of metal in it. Even though Thor is probably better overall, any incarnation of Onslaught (and thus Magneto) might be a bad matchup for him.

I'd take Onslaught, in any form, over these two, but they'd make a fight of it until Onslaught got X-Man in him.

-DM
Magneto shouldn't be able to pick up or control Mjolnir, it's made of magical Asgardian metal called Uru imbued with Odin's Might, and those that aren't worthy can't lift it in any manner.

Xplosive
Originally posted by K3VIL
Magneto shouldn't be able to pick up or control Mjolnir, it's made of magical Asgardian metal called Uru imbued with Odin's Might, and those that aren't worthy can't lift it in any manner.

I think Magneto would easily lift Mjolnir.

DigiMark007
You're probably right K3vil. I just saw Mags do that in a comic once (but it was an "Ultimate" comic...so it isn't exactly canon) and figured he might be able to do it in the mainstream universe as well.

In either case, Onslaught wins.

-DM

K3VIL
Originally posted by Xplosive
I think Magneto would easily lift Mjolnir.
You THINK.
Mjolnir is protected from enchantmens made from Odin's magical power, which is one of the highest, Magneto's power compared to that of Odin is patetic, so I don't see how being not worthy he can still lift the hammer just because it's made of a metal that is not even an Earth based metal but extradimensional

markolin
Originally posted by K3VIL
You THINK.
Mjolnir is protected from enchantmens made from Odin's magical power, which is one of the highest, Magneto's power compared to that of Odin is patetic, so I don't see how being not worthy he can still lift the hammer just because it's made of a metal that is not even an Earth based metal but extradimensional

The enchantment has been nullified by Annhilus null-field and by Radioactive Man in the very first issues of Avengers (apparently a particular wavelenght canceled it).And since Mags force fields can repel the hammer,they can also probably lift it-and the hammer can be lifted with mechanical means,and therefore also by forcefields like Sue's or Magnetos's.However Mjolnir can probably conjure so much electromagnetic energy (lightning and other energy bolts) to overload Magneto's fields.
Anyway,Onslaught wins.

ZephroCarnelian
To lift the Mjolnir you have to be worthy.

Supes has done it. Wonder Woman (I think) too.

Magneto isn't worthy - so Onslaught couldn't lift it and beat Thor to death with his own weapon lol.

But seriously, I don't think these two would be able to beat Onslaught by themselves.

GLadiator is powerful - immensely so, but I can't see him copying Hulk's feat quick enough to avoid being mind-busted.

Thor's godblast - could that damage Onslaught?

K3VIL
Originally posted by markolin
The enchantment has been nullified by Annhilus null-field and by Radioactive Man in the very first issues of Avengers (apparently a particular wavelenght canceled it).And since Mags force fields can repel the hammer,they can also probably lift it-and the hammer can be lifted with mechanical means,and therefore also by forcefields like Sue's or Magnetos's.However Mjolnir can probably conjure so much electromagnetic energy (lightning and other energy bolts) to overload Magneto's fields.
Anyway,Onslaught wins.
Radioactive Man's force fields can STOP Mjolnir, not lift it.It's different thing, same for Annhilus.One thing is repelling another is lifting.
Superman is not worthy of Mjolnir, Thor let him using it cause it was a battle to save the Multiverse the one against Krona, but when after the end of the fight Supes tried to lift Mjolnir to give him back the hammer, he wasn't able to do it, his vision of the world make him not worthy of lifting the hammer.

Mider
Only really powerful beings can lift Thor's Hammer with out being worthly like Hulk and Gaia She did it mentally but She is the top Elder god next to Her brothers and Son so yeah its not suprising.

gentmax
Gladiator would throw his hotel telephone at them and win!

last_samurai_44
Onslaught would win for the simple reason that he his combined with Magneto and Professor Xavier, whom probably the most two powerful mutants.

nimbus006
gentmax thats f*cked up

leonidas
well, let's see . . .

thor was actually in the fight and didn't do too much. so that leaves his partner. is glads greater than (can't even be equal because all the other heroes weren't enough - unless you consider them all sacrificing themselves enough!!) ALL the other heroes COMBINED in that battle?? well, since he's lost to hulk and thor in the past, i'd say a big NO is in order. actually, the 2 of them would have a WORSE chance of winning, not a better chance against onslaught.

ps-thor was not very well depicted or employed in that battle, i will admit that. with some different writing and thor using ALL his powers, he might have been shown to have had a greater impact. if that's the case, (which i personally think SHOULD have happened) then maybe they would have some kind of chance. but then, the combined heroes should have had the same chance.

kgkg
Onslaught wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.